Thread Like Summary
FATE, mgh888, PitDAWG, Steubenvillian, Versatile Dog
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2009562 03/27/2023 8:50 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
The QB Carousel is locked and while many moves have occurred, there are still moves to be made. QBs are the centerpiece of the NFL and are worth watching. The Lamar and Rodgers watch are at the top of the list.

Liked Replies
#2009859 Mar 30th a 03:24 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Having been in big ticket sales for over thirty years. I learned it is never over till a contract is signed.

The Ravens could say here is three years for X guaranteed. Will that work for you?

Until then it can get testy.

If they really say to each other. It is over. Then he will sign a tender and the Ravens will open up for the highest bidder.

My guess right now is he will be a Raven.

Ya never know with a guy like Lamar and no agent. He could get emotional and want a divorce.
1 member likes this
#2009874 Mar 30th a 05:04 PM
by FrankZ
FrankZ
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
I think this was part of Haslam's strategy. He knew he had to pay to get him, so he made it so all the others would have to do it. These teams don't have the cash in escrow to do this, and I think the Browns knew this and made a bold move to put their rivals in a bad position. I love it.

His strategy was after watson made it plain he wasn't coming to Cleveland, he made a last ditch effort to outbid everyone else for watson. If that had been his actual strategy he would have made an offer like that from the start.
Because every one in business knows you over offer on the first offer. Sound strategy there. rolleyes
1 member likes this
#2010016 Mar 31st a 08:41 PM
by jfanent
jfanent
No, it's not over after the first offer. If you want that player bad enough you'll pull up the Brinks truck like the Browns did. But that was their last ditch effort to get watson after he said he wasn't coming here and not some strategy to screw the other owners.

What are you even arguing? Nobody said it was either or. They did it to get Watson AND make the other owners pay for their qb.
1 member likes this
#2010441 Apr 4th a 05:47 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Very interesting.

I wonder if the Patriots will become Lamar shoppers?
1 member likes this
#2010590 Apr 5th a 06:29 PM
by AZBrown
AZBrown
Raiders Sign Veteran Quarterback Brian Hoyer to Two-Year Contract

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/04/r...zIlPYNiJLXPv5J68ocBY488ClGm58880sM0_W8XI

Just about the perfect back-up at this point, imo.

I'm glad he'll get one last stint before retirement and, hopefully, some coaching opportunities.

I've always rooted for him and wish him the best.
1 member likes this
#2010869 Apr 7th a 08:29 PM
by Versatile Dog
Versatile Dog
Some people see it as an act of desperation. Others see it as act driven by resolve and determination.
1 member likes this