by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
discuss
Liked Replies
by HotBYoungTurk
HotBYoungTurk
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I’m wondering if Schwartz plans to have the DEs so wide like he has before

I don't think the DE's will be lined up as wide .. wider than normal, but not so wide where our smaller LB like JOK has to take on a blocker by himself.

I'm also wondering if Schwartz is working with Myles on containing the run. It's the one thing I think he could get better at.
1 member likes this
by bonefish
bonefish
This is just a football discussion.

We don't have to agree. I see it differently.

IMO defense is unit play. The front four has their role. The linebackers and secondary have their roles.

When one unit plays poorly. It impacts the others.

I am not saying our linebackers were great. What I am saying is the DL was horrible and their play impacted the other units.

JOK did not play well at times. He made mistakes and looked bad on some plays. He then was injured and did not play.

He needs to play better and I think he will.

The people who cover college football and vote for the awards that are given to the best players in college are knowledgeable and dedicated. They know the college game. JOK received the Butkus award for colleges best linebacker. He beat Parsons for that award. I am not saying he is better than Parsons. But IMO JOK can be really good. He can cover better than Parsons.

We can delay this discussion till this season ends. I want to see the difference when the DL play improves and communication on defense is better.

I believe the results will be different.
1 member likes this