EveDawg
https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/05/19/jim-brown-nfl-dead/

RIP frown
Liked Replies
#2016329 May 19th a 10:23 PM
by FATE
FATE
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Never saw him play live. In the videos I’ve seen he was a man amongst boys.

My Jim Brown story. I attended a game against Miami in ‘93. This was the game we knocked Marino out and had Scott Mitchell come off the bench and go 10 of 16 for 118 and 2TDs to beat us. Anyway, I was standing in line at the gate waiting to get into the stadium when I was bumped into slightly by a large man moving determinedly through the crowd. As he passed I looked over and saw the trademark hat. A wave of people saying “that’s Jim Brown” followed shortly behind him.
That’s it. Jim Brown touched me. Lol.

RIP Legend. Your name with live on in infamy.

I was there with you!

I thought 'the roar' during that Najee Mustafaa 97 yard interception return was going to bring down the house. We just knew we were going to win! 🙄
1 member likes this
#2016327 May 19th a 10:20 PM
by FATE
FATE
RIP Mr Brown... You were truly a man amongst boys.

[Linked Image from j.gifs.com]
1 member likes this
#2016332 May 19th a 10:54 PM
by PortlandDawg
PortlandDawg
I was near the tunnel where they carted Dan off. The crowd was chanting ‘MEAT WAGON!’ with cocky assurance his departure guaranteed the win. Mitchell then tore us up and used that performance as a first stepping stone to getting himself a crazy massive, for the time, contract with the Lions the following year.
1 member likes this
#2016334 May 19th a 11:11 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
When I was sixteen I went to Highland golf course one summer day. It was the first time I ever played golf. Me and my buddies were ready to start on the first tee. Someone said we don't have a scorecard. I said "I will run into the clubhouse and get one."
I took off at a trot. Turned around the corner of the building. And I ran head first into the chest of Jim Brown.

I looked up and about passed out. I started stammering. "Sorry sir, I didn't mean to run into you." He looked down and said "it happens all the time don't worry."

He was wearing black bermuda shorts and a black banlon short sleeve shirt. He looked like the Black Superman. Tiny waist and massive shoulders.
He was chiseled to the max. I was really dumb founded. This was 1964. The last time the Browns won the World Championship.

About ten years ago I saw an authentic Browns helmet with a Jim Brown HOF 71 verified signature. It was on Ebay and I bid on it and won it.
It sits on my bedside table. I dust it off for every game. Hoping for victory.
1 member likes this
#2018078 Jun 10th a 05:00 PM
by Passionate Dawg
Passionate Dawg
Was very fortunate to meet and converse with Mr Brown at a local church Father's Day father and son banquet. Very intelligent articulate speaker. After short Q & A session prior to completion of dinner program youth were permitted to come get an 8 x 10 glossy to have autographed by the Great One time permitting. Was one of last 3 end of line and time was running out. Many in front me were asking career stat questions and such which I would give answer,so my turn now to glossy I ask instead of glossy if could autograph one of my football cards instead or one of my media guides. Told me place all on table ,turn aside,don't looked until me says to as he was only permitted to sign the glossy. When told to look back he had autographed all and an 8 x 10 for me and thanked me for being fan of his and The Browns. Shook his hand and thanked him. Still have these items.
1 member likes this