Thread Like Summary
dawglover05
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Hey everyone,

I obviously haven't posted here in a while, but - perhaps out of desperation - this is something that I think everyone needs to see. I have been screaming about this for a while, often fighting the notion that we need to pump more money into our defense funding, because that is not the issue. The issue is affordability. The more money we pump into defense, unfortunately the most significant outcome of that is heavily increased profit margins from a monopolized, uncompetitive industry. We heavily outspend our adversaries already, but if you look at the "bang for the buck" that other countries get compared to ours, the gap grows narrower. I'll just say that if China suddenly realized that one of its defense producers was raking in margins the likes of Transdigm, there would be legit "consequences."

I know the odds are heavy that this does not lead to a productive discourse, as that seems to be a sign of the times, but I would be more remiss and regretful if I did not at least try to get this word spread, as it really should not be a politically divisive issue.

For what it's worth, I briefed Shay Assad on multiple occasions for various things. He was rather aggressive and caught the ire of the industry. They put forth a lot of effort to discredit him and run a smear campaign, which eventually caught some traction. That does not, however, detract from his message and the accuracy of what he delivers in this interview. I see it on a daily basis.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/weapon...ntagon-60-minutes-transcript-2023-05-21/

Take care.
Liked Replies
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
While I knew a little about this, the story on 60 Minutes last night certainly opened my eyes to a lot that I didn't know. I found it posted on youtube so I thought I would share it here. And you're 100% right that the high cost of our military spending can be tied directly into this......

1 member likes this