Thread Like Summary
FATE, guard dawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2016668 05/25/2023 1:05 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Not much discussion going on so I thought it would be worth a new thread.

Let's look at the changes of each team in the North one at a time. Today the Ravens are up.

The Ravens got it done and signed Lamar. They also hired Todd Monken as the OC.

They signed receivers Odell, Nelson Agholor, and drafted Zay Flowers. They released Calais Campbell.

There were other changes but these were the big moves.

Be careful with what you ask for. I have underestimated Lamar since he was drafted. I have given that up. He has proven the kind of player he is. He wins games.

He is now getting what he wants. He wants to throw the ball and depend less on him running the ball. The Ravens added receivers and Monken is a passing coordinator. He likes to get the ball downfield. Now they have Bateman, Odell, Agholor, Flowers and others. They have JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards as RB's.

On defense they have Roquan Smith, Oweh, Marlon Humphrey.

Harbaugh is a good head coach and their staff and organization are top notch.

I respect the Ravens. They are a well run team.

My question concerning them is will Lamar prove once and for all that he is a threat as a passer? We are going to find out.

Lamar may find that holding the ball longer and looking for options downfield is not an easy task. This has the potential to be great or lead to big problems.
I expect problems in the beginning. Change can be hard. Lamar has always been a guy who's fallback option is escape the rush and take off. He is an amazing runner. He may find that staying behind the LOS and keeping focus downfield is unnatural.

What we do know is when Lamar plays they have won a lot of games.

IMO our challenge against the Ravens will be to force errors by Lamar with tight coverage and pressure.

On offense we need balance against them. Use the whole field and mix things up. DW legs should help. RPO's could pay off. Always use Chubb.

The Ravens are a good team. I am hoping with DW that we match up well.
Liked Replies
#2017175 Jun 1st a 12:04 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
The gray area between excuses and reasons can be pretty thin at times.
1 member likes this
#2017211 Jun 1st a 04:38 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
Here is where you and I differ. There is no right or wrong. It is a different attitude.

"they crumble like a cookie just as they have the last 3 decades. JMHO, that's the reason there's so many posters on this forum that don't get overly excited about the Browns. We've seen the same dog and pony show for decades without positive results."

I approach each season as a new season. The past is history. Tomorrow a mystery.

Personally I despise whining about the Past. I spit on the attitude of "factory of sadness" BS. I effing hate it.

If you are dragging that anchor. I have no mercy. You are welcome to wallow in it.

We open with the Bengals. I want to win that game.
=========================================================================

This time of year is about everyone's predictions. I made my prediction about the Jets.

Like I said I saw their schedule. Age catches everyone. Rodgers will find out. Hell they may win the Super Bowl. I could be dead wrong. Just like everyone could be dead wrong about the Browns.

Consensus? I could care less.

1 member likes this