Thread Like Summary
GMdawg, Southwestdawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2017169 06/01/2023 11:33 AM
by Southwestdawg
Southwestdawg
My mother passed away yesterday. She had been in Hospice care for about 6 months. Up until a couple of years ago she would come spend the winter with me in Texas. She wasn't able to travel the last 2 years or so and I really missed her visits. We really bonded with her spending the winters with me. We would try and guess what color Vanna's dress would be on Wheel of Fortune. She won more that I.
I would call her every Sunday at 3pm CST because that is when the Browns game would be over. I was able to come up and spend two weeks with her in April and be there for her 90th birthday. Glad I did. The one thing she always stressed that was once she was gone that my brothers, sister and I would stay close. I hope to do so. I still plan on coming up in November for Thanksgiving and deer season as long as I can. My Sunday's won't be the same. There is an empty place that cannot be filled. I am heading up to Ohio on Sunday to say goodbye.
Liked Replies
#2017212 Jun 1st a 04:39 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Sorry to hear that. It's a tough time, but your mom will always be with you. Every now and then you will see a sign and know she is there.
1 member likes this
#2017292 Jun 2nd a 12:51 PM
by Southwestdawg
Southwestdawg
Thank you all for your words of kindness. I needed somewhere to let it out and as always, my fellow DawgTalkers have my back. May all of you have a wonderful day.
1 member likes this