Thread Like Summary
CapCity Dawg, GMdawg, lampdogg, WSU Willie
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
I was thinking the other day of what current Browns backup could take the next step and possibly inject themselves into the lineup as a starter or consistent rotation piece based on position. I've tried to stay away from rookies and moreso thought of players slowly making their mark on the team but many of these starting roles are pretty much solidified. Obviously talent plays a part, but so can opportunity as it relates to injury or lack of talent in a position group. Chances of this are usually low but here are my two:

Tony Fields- I'm not sure why he immediately came to my mind when thinking about this topic, but I think this guy flashed a bit and made some plays towards the end of the season after the LB corp was riddled with injuries. As a group, I think the LB position is most prime to have some challenger(s) change the status quo in terms of starters.

Perrion Winfrey- Tomlinson is the assumed staple inside. You have Jordan Elliot as a spot holder and you drafted Ika for the possible future. That said, if Winfrey stays away from trouble and focus on the game, I think he can be a real disruptor inside and keep some other guys at bay. I'm also going to guess Winfrey is on the list for others as well.
Liked Replies
by Iluvmyxstripper
Iluvmyxstripper
Jordan Akin. He scored 5 TDs with a CFL QB and a OC
That should be in the USFL. Some guys just know
How to get in the end zone.
He scored more TDs than DPJ last year with less targets
1 member likes this
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Every d lineman on the roster will get snaps. We will do a lot of rotating to keep guys fresh for the 4th quarter, and for the playoffs.
GM is getting optimistic in his old age
1 member likes this