Thread Like Summary
GMdawg, lampdogg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns have released DT Perrion Winfrey after he reportedly threatened a woman with a gun Tuesday night. Details coming soon.

he had a heck of a career here
Liked Replies
by Homewood Dog
Homewood Dog
Pit I'm not taking your response as an attack not at all. However, your response did make ne think about it a little more. If PW was an all pro for us the last few years I don't believe he would have been cut. As a matter of fact, I don't think we as fans would want to see him cut. There have been instances on other teams, 2 in our division, where very important players got in some serious trouble and nothing happened. So yes, I believe there is a double standard for more talented players as opposed to those with less talent in any sport not just the NFL and yes, it is troubling.
1 member likes this
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by steve0255
Does this really surprise anyone that Winfrey has finally been cut?

Why did Perrion Winfrey fall so far in the 2022 draft?
"Teams were worried he could have positive tests and suspensions in the pros. They also did not like his inconsistent play where he was a huge liability against the run and really struggled as a run defender in college. Between his makeup and inconsistent play, Winfrey's slide was not surprising to team sources." (walterfootball.com)

Clearly a swing and miss by the Browns.

I'm guessing the next missed draft pick on the cut room floor will be Schwartz.

I wouldn't call it a swing and miss. It was taking a flyer. A gamble on a long shot.

I bought a few tickets on tonights Powerball. If I don't win, I wouldn't call it a swing and a miss.
1 member likes this