Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen, CapCity Dawg, Clemdawg, EveDawg, lampdogg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by mac
mac
Browns fans have watched so many of the NFLs other teams achieve their ultimate goals of qualifying for the playoffs..winning playoff games and punching their ticket, qualifying for the SUPER BOWL.

After each Super Bowl victory, the players, coaches, team management and team owners make one common comment...

...WE PLAYED AS A TEAM..!

Nearly ever player gives the credit for winning a Super Bowl..to their team and team work, to their teammates, to their coaches, their management and owners.

What does it take for the Browns to become a team..a winning team?

Liked Replies
by jfanent
jfanent
One word. Analytics.
2 members like this
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
In the NFL, a lot of it is timing and attitude when it counts IMO. You have to stay healthy, get a little luck with scheduling, and then execute when it matters.

Obviously Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL (and maybe ever), but his attitude was so evident in that documentary. His teammates believed that they WOULD win every game. Talent starts it, attitude finishes it.
1 member likes this
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
I don't know Mac, there are probably dozens of ways for a group to become a team. I suppose the emotions of love, fear, and pride all play a part.
1 member likes this
by eotab
eotab
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't know Mac, there are probably dozens of ways for a group to become a team. I suppose the emotions of love, fear, and pride all play a part.

1. make them all chug a bottle of Prune juice then drop them off to a remote area of course after chugging some beer lol
they got to become a family...what ever it takes. Usually breaking up the strong family connection by position groups. like OL, D front 7. Take care of each other and fight the fight!

jmho
1 member likes this
by Bard Dawg
Bard Dawg
Success.
If losing could do it, we would have been there and remained there long ago. It's been our common denominator.

They need to share a common vision that binds them in purpose. I believe it is beyond terms like "culture" and "scheme" and such. And its proof of validated legitimacy will be evidenced and measured in individuals. That is after the fact necessarily. A "team" chooses to succeed, and to be such. "Winning" is a yardstick that is long: One season long; one game long; one series long; one play long; a yard. That makes it frail, and it makes it vulnerable. How many ways have we seen it destroyed and denied? A team is never an accident though it may come as a surprise. Nobody regrets winning a Super Bowl.
1 member likes this