Original Post (Thread Starter)
by superbowldogg
superbowldogg
Late car loan payments hit record

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/late-car-loan-payments-hit-record-5528729/

Late car loan payments hit record
By Rob Sacks, Editor at LinkedIn News
Updated 2 hours ago

Millions of Americans are having trouble paying their car loans, in a potential sign of trouble for consumer spending. The percentage of loans that are at least 60 days late rose to 6.11% in September, the highest on record, according to Fitch Ratings. Driving the problem: higher borrowing costs, more expensive cars and the resumption of student loan payments. Borrowers struggling to keep up also face the risk of having their cars repossessed. Average monthly payments for new and used vehicles are $770 and $592, respectively, according to Cox Automotive.
Liked Replies
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by Swish
Either a police auction or just wait for one to pop up at a dealership on auto trader or whatever car site you like using.

Google auto repo auctions in your state. You may need a dealers license to attend, but you can get one fairly easily: https://www.bryantsuretybonds.com/blog/ohio-dealer-license

I knew a couple of guys that had licenses just to buy and resale years ago. They never had a lot or official dealership. And I know some collectors get licensed for auctions.

I also think dealers can take limited guests, but not sure if that is still a thing.
2 members like this
by dawglover05
dawglover05
I've been waiting to see what the impact of student loan repayment coming back into the fray will be, and how it will ripple.
1 member likes this
by OldColdDawg
OldColdDawg
This is where trillion dollar tax cuts, billions in pandemic bailouts and the great grift gets you. Then drown that in inflationary corporate greed and badabing badaboom, You are here. Yep, teetering on economic doom and gloom for the working class while the upper class and elite gain even more wealth. But your side will blame Biden and my side Trump, while it’s truly a combination of everything since Reagan.
1 member likes this
by GMdawg
GMdawg
Well just raise the minimum wage to 30 bucks an hour. Problem solved.
1 member likes this
by Swish
Swish
Either a police auction or just wait for one to pop up at a dealership on auto trader or whatever car site you like using.
1 member likes this
by Swish
Swish
Hell yea. Get them Hellcats repoed so I can get one on the cheap!
1 member likes this