Thread Like Summary
Clemdawg, FATE, PrplPplEater
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2042602 11/15/2023 3:29 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
We've had success with KS against the steelers when we force them to cover quick passes with their LBs ... they like to play man and we need to exploit their LBs on our TEs and slot. This could be a great game for Moore to play that Landry type role on the inside.

But I also think this game comes down to our OT's ability to keep their OLB/DE spots from wrecking the game. I'd do anything possible to chip, double, max protect, etc ... even if that means punting the ball away and playing field position

Avoiding sacks, strips sacks, blocked punts, or any other D/ST splash play by them is 100% the key. Make their offense score 20 points against our defense using the full field
Liked Replies
#2042604 Nov 15th a 04:47 AM
by JPPT1974
JPPT1974
Really the team has amazed me. And really thought the season would be the last if the coach went down for another losing season. But that he has proven me and others like me as well wrong so far. Despite Nick Chubb's gone for the season. You all are really surprising everybody.
1 member likes this
#2043227 Nov 17th a 05:28 PM
by FATE
FATE
It was laden with a lot of masked profanity. A bit over the top.

It's a fine line, I would have removed it -- no offense to bugs as it was actually a decent post.
1 member likes this
#2043234 Nov 17th a 05:41 PM
by Rishuz
Rishuz
The game plan has to be ...play your game. I wouldn't do anything special on defense. The only player on defense to worry about is Jaylen Warren. That's it. Play sound defense the way the team has been doing all year. Dictate the action on defense, not the other way around. You don't need to do anything special for Pickett. Just play it straight up.

On O, I cannot stress this enough. Stefanski has to be comfortable going three and out. I would give DTR as many easy passes as possible. Tons of bootlegs. Tons of 3-5 yard passes designed to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible. If he plays well and is showing no signs of nervousness or folding, give him a little more. See how the game goes, but I'd start out as elementary as possible.

If the Browns defense isn't hanging their heads over Watson, and if Stefanski can dial it back for his rookie QB, should be in good shape to win the game. The Steelers might be the worst 6-3 of all time.
1 member likes this