Thread Like Summary
Jester, lampdogg, MemphisHoundDawg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2047339 12/04/2023 12:50 AM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
- Flacco was a nice upgrade IMO ... 90% was good and professional
- We are hurting in the defensive secondary ... that's GLARING. It's affecting every level of the D
- We haven't touched a QB in 2 weeks
- Hopkins has been so good, but has had 2 really bad XP misses (this one hurt us)

Playoff chances are very slim now ... no margin for error
Liked Replies
#2047366 Dec 4th a 01:24 AM
by JimDawg
JimDawg
Factory of Sadness continues.
1 member likes this
#2047370 Dec 4th a 01:35 AM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
I was very pleased with Flacco. The guy can still fling it and he gets the ball out. The other players look they have confidence in the guy..

I think our D is somewhat exposed. The best D in the league hasn't looked like that for 2 weeks now.

A few players who stood out...Moore was finally used and he made some nice plays.

Harrison Bryant is the TE we want to throw the ball to if we want it caught. I hope we keep using the guy.

I am a bit bummed but not totally. I figured these back to back losses months ago when the schedule came out. We never beat the Broncos or Rams, especially when playing out west. We just don't.

The Jags will be tough next week and the Texans will be tough. We should win the others.
1 member likes this
#2047392 Dec 4th a 11:15 AM
by DeisleDawg
DeisleDawg
The team is tired and injured

A week and a half out west now having to travel back east

Eight games they have played since their bye week

They don't need to be playing no 17 games, they need to have two bye weeks instead

The team really needs a week off to heal and rest
1 member likes this
#2047396 Dec 4th a 12:27 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
They will probably go with 2 bye weeks when they eventually go to 18 games.

Either way, bye weeks are totally screwed up by spreading them up over 10 weeks or whatever it is. They should get all of them done at mid season.

As an example, shut down the NFC except for four teams. Four AFC teams will also take their bye. The following week you do the opposite. You would need to have 4 teams in each conference taking their bye opposed to their own conference to allow for TV rights the Networks hold. All teams would get their bye during week 8 and either week 7 or 9.

The NFL is making a fairly easy and equitable process in to a complicated formula. Just get everybody's bye week done near mid season. If it went to two byes, you could do the same thing except the byes would fall in maybe week 6 and 12.
1 member likes this