Thread Like Summary
GMdawg, Pdawg, PrplPplEater
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2048827 12/11/2023 5:33 PM
by Dawgs4Life
Dawgs4Life
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns Dawand Jones has a knee injury that will require surgery, out for the season, Stefanski says
Liked Replies
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
Stefanski did indicate it was not a season-ending injury for Wills. Being on IR means Wills will first be eligible to return for the Dec. 10 home game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
https://www.beaconjournal.com/story...serve-list-james-hudson-iii/71473420007/
1 member likes this
by dawglover05
dawglover05
Well that really sucks.

I'd almost prefer Wills to come back in at RT since that was his natural position. Leave Christian at LT.
1 member likes this
by Clemdawg
Clemdawg
Originally Posted by lampdogg
I I can’t remember a contending team having this many key injuries. Maybe that’s cuz I only pay close attention to the Browns, but geez.......

This team has truly impressed me this year.
They are 8-5 at the final turn, top AFC Wild Card seed... and they have never really looked pretty while getting here. But they have always been gritty.

#1's dropping like flies, and Elves just keep stepping up and finding a way. It's been fascinating to watch how this season has spun out, so far. Entertaining as h#, I can't lie.

Bottom line: it's December... and there is no active draft thread at Dawgtalkers. Remember those days? wink That should tell us all something about the change we've been seeing here.

After what I've seen from this team, and the recent 'shot in the arm' from #15, I wouldn't put anything past this bunch. Even without so many starters. This bunch just never quits. They never stop playing as hard as they can, even in a loss. If a team with this new, "never quit" culture gets hot at tournament season, they can surprise a lot of teams.

Not predicting, just saying.

I think I said it ~3/4 weeks ago that I found this to be one of the most interesting seasons I could remember. Since then, I've seen nothing to change my mind.
I don't fear watching the Cleveland Browns in December. In fact, I'm looking forward to all the games. These men are actually "playing for 1-0" every game... just like Coach preached to them, every day.

Culture, man. CLE needed to change its culture. It seems to be happening, right in front of us.

Imma follow this version of the Browns for as long as this year's ride lasts... and enthusiastically set myself up for next year, with healed-up Browns to start again.

I haven't had this much fun being a Browns fan since the Covid Playoff Year... and this year's bid seems somehow more- legitimate.

This team is a surprise every week.
If you're gonna be a fan of a team, you should choose one who keeps you hooked from Monday through Saturday.

Elves are Clem's pick for 2023.

jmho

*Edit: please pardon the hijack. Some nights, I just get on a roll....
1 member likes this