Thread Like Summary
bbrowns32, lampdogg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2058123 02/03/2024 5:31 PM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
Well, after being more or less dormant this winter, Old Man Winter is hammering Nova Scotia. Already a foot down, with high winds, my car is pretty much buried.

It’s supposed to be like this until Monday, with an expected accumulation of two or three feet. Not quite the blizzard of β€˜78 πŸ˜ƒ but still a pain the butt.

And, the liquor stores are closed dammit!
Liked Replies
#2058194 Feb 4th a 02:18 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by GMdawg
If I ride by your house I will toot.

I'll aleart the EPA. crazy
2 members like this
#2058151 Feb 3rd a 08:18 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Good. My daughter worked from home a couple of weeks ago when 4" of snow basically shut down Nashville for about a week. Damned bunch of hosers. It was in the low teens one evening a few years back when my wife and I decided to go out to dinner at our BBQ place. The place was empty. I asked the server why it was so empty? She said, "Oh honey it's too cold for people to get out. We were about to close until you came and if nobody else comes in before you leave we're going to close as son as you're gone."

After living most all of my life in Ohio I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
1 member likes this
#2058243 Feb 4th a 05:06 PM
by PitDAWG
PitDAWG
Yes they keep salt on hand. They show the salt storage sheds at full capacity on the news before the storms hit and say they're prepared for it. But I believe the point Peen was making hits the nail on the head. It's not common to get any real snow accumulations around here. As such I don't think they have the number of plows and equipment needed to deal with it quickly and instead invest their resources on more pressing needs. I live in close proximity to Nashville. As such we have a lot of subdivisions and building is thriving here despite the interest rates. The population growth adds more and more roads to the equation and I certainly do not think the towns have been able to keep up with equipment to account for that growth.
1 member likes this