Thread Like Summary
dawglover05, Hammer, PitDAWG, ScottPlayersFacemask
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2059862 02/18/2024 2:16 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
This article is a good starting point to look at free agency.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-position-groups-of-2024-nfl-free-agency
Liked Replies
#2062058 Mar 10th a 03:40 PM
by Ballpeen
Ballpeen
Originally Posted by bonefish
Receiver is a need.

However, if I am going to spend money in free agency I would rather spend it on a DT.

Christian Wilkins is good enough and young enough to invest in. He would really help the defense all over the field.

This draft looks loaded in receivers and it looks like we could get a good running back in the third.

I would like a vet receiver but I am leary of spending money on older FA receivers. If there is a guy that fits I am all for it. Maybe a trade would work better for a vet receiver.

Watching the post season once again pass rush is a must to win. We are close with our defense so I am all in on becoming dominant by continuing to build the Dline.

Rookie receivers drafted out of the top 20 picks rarely do much. As evidenced by the signing of Jeudy, we want impact day one. I suspect we will draft a receiver in one of rounds 4-6
1 member likes this
#2062124 Mar 11th a 01:27 PM
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
I am in agreement with you that the DL is the group I'm most interested in seeing addressed in FA. Of the guys you mentioned on the interior, only Tomlinson is under contract. And who knows what will happen with Zadarius Smith although I think there is a good chance he comes back. If so, I like the edge rotation of Garrett, Smith, Obi, Alex Wright. The interior needs to firm up it's rotation. I hope Hurst comes back but will cost more, I'd imagine, after last season. Someone like DJ Reader could be a realistic option that might not cost as much as the top end DI free agents.

Overall, we need a solid rotation of guys on the outside and inside and I think this is always a priority for the FO so I have no doubt they'll address it both in FA and the draft.
1 member likes this
#2062122 Mar 11th a 01:14 PM
by bonefish
bonefish
My interest free agent interest is defense specifically the defensive line.

My goal is to get the best pass rush in football. Have Schwartz look at the available free agents and decide who would fit best to accomplish that goal.

I have no problem signing ZaDarius. IMO we need a pass rush 3 tech guy to be the DL rotation. Tomlinson, Hurst, and Harris are fine. Elliott needs to go.

Wilkins would be great but I don't know if we will spend what Wilkins would go for?

There are options. Let Schwartz bring in who he wants within reason.
1 member likes this
#2062319 Mar 12th a 01:58 PM
by MemphisBrownie
MemphisBrownie
I wouldn't be surprised if Mixon is on our radar.

I certainly hope not. I think he is one of the most overrated RBs in the league right now. I suppose a cheap contract would surely help, but think we can get someone much better for cheaper overall.
1 member likes this