Thread Like Summary
FATE, lampdogg
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2060259 02/21/2024 10:13 PM
by lampdogg
lampdogg
Just picked one up today. Apparently you can even make a cake with it lol. Questions for all:

What are your thoughts on them, if you have one? What’s a food type to avoid? How good are the hot dogs if you cook them in one?
Liked Replies
#2060260 Feb 21st a 10:29 PM
by RememberMuni
RememberMuni
My buddy and I just had this conversation. Hima and I love talking about our charcoal grilling techniques and recipes. Given the weather, he bought himself an air fryer a few months ago. He said that they are great when reheating fried food. Breaded fish, wings, fries, etc. - It seems like the perfect device to crisp or re-crisp something up. I’d like to try it with pizza and some McDonald’s fries. - See if it can bring back the fresh off the line taste.
1 member likes this
#2060367 Feb 22nd a 05:47 PM
by Frenchy
Frenchy
We found those “red bag chicken”, Aldi Chicken filets about a year ago. They are so good. We always have a bag in the freezer and a bag of them in the freezer in the basement.
1 member likes this
#2060282 Feb 22nd a 03:53 AM
by FATE
FATE
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Originally Posted by FATE
What kind did you get?

The box says it’s a Heritage and it is “built to last”. I didn’t get a high end one.

Looks like a Canadian thing, eh? Ratings look like people love it.

These things are basically high air-flow convection ovens. You can cook pretty much anything in them. If it fits and doesn't create a nightmarish clean-up, give it a shot. When in doubt just google _______ air fryer, I'm sure someone has tried it and has a thumbs up or down on the experience.

Have fun!
1 member likes this