Thread Like Summary
Ballpeen
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#2065119 04/07/2024 7:28 PM
by BADdog
BADdog
The apartment above mine got flooded at 4:00 am awhile ago. The city turned the water off then back on. And the toilet went into flush mode. The tenant was not home. They had 2 inches of water over their entire apartment. It came pouring down thru our kitchen light. Our kitchen cabinets came crashing off the wall and we lost all our dishes and some small appliances. They told us to take our carpet out so it doesn't ruin the floor and they would get us $ 500 for it. I was ok with that amount. We were told we would be reimbursed for everything. They said we needed to be out Monday so workers could start repairs Tuesday 8 am. I told them the hotel price I could find and he texted back approved. For Monday thru friday. We got a letter stating the hotel reimbursement would be less than agreed . And minus one day. No specific reason. That's what we will pay was pretty much it. They said they are not required to reimburse for any personal property damages. We did get new kitchen cabinets and they repaired all walls and ceilings.

Anyone have specific experience with this type of thing? And can give some advice? It's been a ruff couple weeks. Thanks
Liked Replies
#2065169 Apr 8th a 04:43 PM
by YTownBrownsFan
YTownBrownsFan
Check with a local tenant law office. They would know the ins and outs of all loca and state laws ... especially if the landlord suddenly changes things.
1 member likes this