DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 12:42 PM
The schedule is expected to be released this week ... most likely Thursday night. We've known our opponents since the end of last season, but obviously not dates/times/etc. Any guesses? Home opener? Primetime games? Bye week?

Here are the opponents:

HOME - Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, NY Jets, Atlanta, Carolina, Kansas City, LA Chargers

AWAY - Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Denver

My guesses:
- We open up on the road
- We obviously have to have two games that start at 4 (at Oakland and at Denver)
- We get one primetime game (Thursday night at a division opponent, later in the year on NFLN)
- We have an early/mid bye week this year

So it's something like this:

1. Sunday, September 9 - at Houston (1:00 CBS)
2. Sunday, September 16 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)
3. Sunday, September 23 - at Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
4. Sunday, September 30 - Atlanta (1:00 FOX)
5. Sunday, October 7 - at Oakland (4:25 CBS)
6. BYE
7. Sunday, October 21 - Pittsburgh (1:00 CBS)
8. Sunday, October 28 - at New Orleans (1:00 CBS)
9. Sunday, November 4 - LA Chargers (1:00 CBS)
10. Thursday, November 8 - at Cincinnati (8:30 NFLN)
11. Sunday, November 18 - Kansas City (1:00 CBS)
12. Sunday, November 25 - NY Jets (1:00 CBS)
13. Sunday, December 2 - at Tampa Bay (1:00 CBS)
14. Sunday, December 9 - Baltimore (1:00 CBS)
15. Sunday, December 16 - at Denver (4:25 CBS)
16. Sunday, December 23 - Carolina (1:00 FOX)
17. Sunday, December 30 - at Pittsburgh (1:00 CBS)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 10:11 PM
My first prediction is Browns open at Pittsburgh and end up the final week hosting Pittsburgh.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 10:41 PM
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
My first prediction is Browns open at Pittsburgh and end up the final week hosting Pittsburgh.

Isn't that the norm ... superconfused
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 11:45 PM
Last year, having come off a 1-15 season...our only "Prime Time" was the London game.
This year, after an 0-16 season...our only "Prime time" could be our Aug 23rd preseason game!

Going on past years...week 17 will be against Pitt.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 11:48 PM
I really don't want to open with the Steelers.. Give us a less talented team like the Ravens. smile
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/17/18 11:59 PM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
I really don't want to open with the Steelers.. Give us a less talented team like the Ravens. smile

A win in week 1 would be great for this team ... thumbsup
Posted By: jaybird Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 02:12 AM
Praying for A night game in Houston... doubt it'll happen...
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 02:23 AM
Home vs. Ravens in week 1.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 08:16 AM
there was a schedule leak that had us playing in Baltimore week 1, though that could just be fabricated of course
Posted By: ddubia Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 08:58 AM
Everything in this thread is fabricated.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 04:35 PM
I'd like TBay in December. Road trip for Christmas
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 05:04 PM
Predicting ONE prime-time game other than the Thursday nighter. Not going to bother with the day, Sun. or Mon.

I HATE opening the season with any division opponent, home or away. I don't want to see a division opponent any sooner than week 3.

I wish more than anything every year that we could play on Thanksgiving. Pipe dream for the near future.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Predicting ONE prime-time game other than the Thursday nighter. Not going to bother with the day, Sun. or Mon.

I HATE opening the season with any division opponent, home or away. I don't want to see a division opponent any sooner than week 3.

I wish more than anything every year that we could play on Thanksgiving. Pipe dream for the near future.
I read somewhere that there's a scheduling anomaly that the AFCN cannot play at Dallas or Detroit on Thanksgiving (like, it violates the computer system that they use) ... so the only way we'd play is if it's the primetime Thanksgiving game
Posted By: The Beast Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 06:24 PM
I wish the NFL would quit scheduling divisional games in Week 1. I like that the last 3 games are divisional. It would be nice to be HOME against the Steelers in Week 17. LOL
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 06:26 PM
Ideally we get an away game against a winnable foe .. not sure how many of those there are

i'm tired of losing the home opener
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Last year, having come off a 1-15 season...our only "Prime Time" was the London game.
This year, after an 0-16 season...our only "Prime time" could be our Aug 23rd preseason game!

That could be and our record last season very well indicates it. However there is a caveat. Our draft may change that. The NFL loves pimping highly selected draft picks and if we make what the NFL considers a splash in the draft, a prime time game or two may be in our future.
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Ideally we get an away game against a winnable foe .. not sure how many of those there are

The two easiest away games I see would both be division opponents. Cincy and Balt. This schedule is pretty tough.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/18/18 10:40 PM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

The two easiest away games I see would both be division opponents. Cincy and Balt. This schedule is pretty tough.
Yeah, on the surface it is. ATL, CAR, NO, and TB ... along with KC, DEN, LAC, and OAK. Looks brutal
Posted By: Vambo Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 01:42 AM
Every team's strength of schedule for 2018

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...le-ranking-1-32

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

Yeah, on the surface it is. ATL, CAR, NO, and TB ... along with KC, DEN, LAC, and OAK. Looks brutal

Either we start winning, or we don't. Our schedule is barely over .500. That's tough, but hardly insurmountable. We have to start winning at least 1/3 of our games, no matter who we play.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 03:38 AM
That's my feeling... don't care about strength of schedule... we couldn't beat anyone last year... hopefully we improve this year...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 07:50 AM
the good news IMO is that our division will be weaker this year
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 02:30 PM
The NFL announced on Thursday the dates and times of the six teams that will be playing in the league's international series in London next season.

In one of the games, the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles will take on the Jacksonville Jaguars. That game is slated for Wembley Stadium on 28th. Kickoff is 9:30 a.m. ET.

The Jaguars have committed to play at least one game in London every season until 2020.

The Seattle Seahawks will take on the Oakland Raiders, and the Los Angeles Chargers will face on the Tennessee Titans in another game.

Seattle's game will be on Oct. 14 at 1 p.m. ET at the new Tottenham Stadium in London, while the Chargers-Titans game will be at Wembley Stadium on Oct. 21st. There is a 9:30 a.m. ET kickoff for that game.

The Raiders, Jaguars and the Chargers are the designated home teams for each game.

The league has played three games in London each of the past three seasons. The NFL started its International Series in 2007.

The Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers, and the Houston Texans are the only teams that have not played in London.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/19/nfl-international-series-london
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 02:32 PM
So based on leaks thus far, we can't play Carolina or NYJ in week 1 ... we can't play Carolina or Cincy week 2 .. we can't play LAC week 7 and we can't play Oakland week 6
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 02:58 PM
j/c

I'll be surprised if it isn't Browns vs Steelers week 1.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Yeah, I think a division game is likely. I think we host Baltimore, that's my guess
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 03:44 PM
j/c

Yeah, I think a division game is likely. I think we host Baltimore, that's my guess

I like Baltimore at home as my guess also.

I'd actually be surprised if it is the Steelers.

I want it to be KC, however.

Steelers my guess for final game.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 04:58 PM
it doesn't matter who the Browns open with
at some point a winning culture has to be set in place
every year the team opening vs the Browns it's been a automatic win for that team
by week 2 the Browns season is over with
same story since 1999.
teams that win week 1 have better chance of going to the playoffs
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 05:33 PM
I want Cincy week 1 at home. If we're going to break our winless streak, I want to do it at home against a divisional rival.

We'll end up at Cincy week 5 for Vontaze's return though.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 05:55 PM
Aren't we always playing the same divisional opponent from week 1 in the final game of the season?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 06:17 PM
Browns vs Jets in prime time game. Week 3

Interesting... two QBs of the future...

link
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 06:35 PM
Week 7 (Oct 21): Browns at Bucs 1:00 CBS
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 06:36 PM
That goes back to what I said about the Browns having prime time games. It was pointed out that our record last year may prevent us from having any regular season prime time games.

I pointed out how the NFL loves pimping their top draft picks which could very well see us playing in prime time.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 07:25 PM
I bet that we're going to play 16 games next year. (regular season)
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 07:31 PM
Quote:
I bet that we're going to play 16 games next year. (regular season)

It's been a long time since we've played 16 games....
Posted By: eotab Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 07:56 PM
Until we start winning and specifically winning in our Division we will come up with one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

Winning is the cure all.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Browns vs Jets in prime time game. Week 3

Interesting... two QBs of the future...

link

At least one QB of the future will riding the pine.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 08:05 PM
j/c

Thursday night opener: Falcons @ Eagles

Thanksgiving Night Game: Falcons @ Saints

Thursday Night AFTER Thanksgiving: Saints @ Cowboys

Week 7: Vikings @ Jets
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 08:43 PM
#Browns 2018 schedule leaks so far:
Week 1: Sept 9 v Steelers (per @TheOBR)
Week 3: Sept 20 v Jets TNF (per @MMehtaNYDN)
Week 4: Sept 30 – at Oakland (per @TheOBR)
Week 7: Oct 21 at Tampa Bay (per @gregauman)
Week 17: Dec 30 – at Baltimore (per @TheOBR)

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/987068939455877120
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 08:56 PM
With @TheOBR reporting #Browns #Steelers Week 1 Sept. 9 @FEStadium
- Browns are 1-18 in Week 1 since 1999
- Marks 16th time Browns open season at home since 1999
- 2nd straight year 2 teams meet in Week 1 in Cleveland, 4th since 1999
- 5th time since 1999 they meet in Week 1

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/987072150313070597
Posted By: Swish Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 10:20 PM
if we're already playing our rookie QB by week 3, then something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 10:32 PM
I literally hate opening with Pittsburgh
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 11:19 PM
Unless the rookie QB wins the job...

If we are 0-3 after the Jets game, Hue is in trouble.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 11:22 PM

Hue is already in trouble. If we start 0-3 he’s a dead man.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/19/18 11:23 PM
he was actually probably hoping for the earliest bye possible ... if it's like week 4, it's tougher to get fired then haha
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:02 AM
Week 4 is kind of a bye week but not really with a Thursday night game week 3.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:03 AM

Cleveland set to open season at home against rival Steelers for 2nd straight year

The Browns will open the 2018 season at FirstEnergy Stadium against the rival Steelers for a second consecutive year to kick off their 70th year of football in Cleveland.

The NFL announced its complete schedule Thursday. The Browns also finalized dates and times on their preseason schedule, which includes a nationally televised home matchup against the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles.

Browns 2018 Preseason Schedule
Week/Date Opponent Time
Pre Wk 1 - Aug. 9
at New York Giants
7 p.m.
Pre Wk 2 - Aug. 17
vs. Buffalo Bills 7:30 p.m.
Pre Wk 3 - Aug. 23 vs. Philadelphia Eagles 8 p.m.
Pre Wk 4 - Aug. 30 at Detroit Lions 7 p.m.
Browns 2018 Regular Season Schedule
Week/Date Opponent Time/Network
Wk 1 - Sept. 9
vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 2 - Sept. 16 at New Orleans Saints 1 p.m. (FOX)
Wk 3 - Sept. 20 vs. New York Jets 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network)
Wk 4 - Sept. 30
at Oakland Raiders
4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Wk 5 - Oct. 7
vs. Baltimore Ravens
1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 6 - Oct. 14 vs. Los Angeles Chargers 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 7 - Oct. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1 p.m. (FOX)
Wk 8 - Oct. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 9 - Nov. 4 vs. Kansas City Chiefs 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 10 - Nov. 11 vs. Atlanta Falcons 1 p.m. (FOX)
Wk 11 - Nov. 18 BYE
Wk 12 - Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 13 - Dec. 2 at Houston Texans 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 14 - Dec. 9
vs. Carolina Panthers
1 p.m. (FOX)
Wk 15 - Dec. 15 at Denver Broncos TBD (NFL Network)
Wk 16 - Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Wk 17 - Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m. (CBS)
*Times are subject to change

“I’m always excited about the release of our schedule,” Browns coach Hue Jackson said. “The release of your schedule is one of the final pieces to your planning for the season. I like our schedule. It’s balanced, it’s tough but that’s exactly what we expected. We play some really good quarterbacks to start the season and two playoff teams out the gate.”

Cleveland Browns 2018 season tickets are now available. Fans can purchase season tickets by calling (440) 824-3434 or toll free at (888) 891-1999 or online at clevelandbrowns.com/tickets. Fans can also register to attend a Select-A-Seat event at FirstEnergy Stadium on April 28 by clicking here. Single-game tickets will be available this summer, but fans can sign up for pre-sale notification by clicking here.

This year’s schedule features cross-division games against teams from the AFC West and NFC South, as Cleveland hosts the Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons and Panthers while traveling to face the Raiders, Broncos, Saints and Buccaneers. Cleveland’s Week 15 matchup at Denver, which is slated for Sat., Dec. 15, and will air nationally on NFL Network, is the only game without a set kickoff time.

The Browns will open their schedule against the Steelers for the second consecutive year and eighth time in franchise history. The Browns have won two of their past four home openers and are 27-38 all-time in season openers. The rivals will wrap up their 2018 series within the first half of the season, as Cleveland’s trip to Pittsburgh is set for Week 8 (Oct. 28).

“We like to open at home in front of our great fans and this will be the second season in a row we do it against the Steelers,” Jackson said. “We start with the best in our division.”

Cleveland has its first of four NFC South matchups Week 2 in New Orleans. The Browns will hit the road Week 7 to face Tampa Bay before hosting the Falcons in Week 10 and the Panthers in Week 14. All four of the games are slated to air on FOX.

The Saints, Panthers and Falcons are all coming off 2017 playoff appearances. It plays a big part in Cleveland’s schedule ranking as the league’s fifth-toughest based on how its opponents finished last season.

The Browns return to primetime for a Thursday Night Football matchup with the New York Jets at FirstEnergy Stadium. The game, which will air on NFL Network, will mark Cleveland’s first Thursday night home game since 2013, when it downed Buffalo, 37-24. The Browns are 22-32 all-time in primetime games, including a 14-16 mark at home. They’re 3-2 at home on Thursday nights.

“We have a Thursday night early in the season and then our bye week in Week 11. That gives us two extended periods at different points in the season for our players to get some rest and recovery,” Jackson said. “That’s a benefit because it is a long season.”

The Jets and Texans, whom Cleveland faces in Houston in Week 13, are the only two opponents unique to the Browns when compared to the rest of the AFC North.

After opening with the Steelers, Cleveland resumes its division slate Week 5 against the Ravens at FirstEnergy Stadium. The Browns will close the season in Baltimore, marking the third such time since 1999 and first since 2014 they end the year against the Ravens. Both of Cleveland’s games against the Bengals will take place during the second half of the season, as the Browns, following their Week 11 bye, will travel to Cincinnati in Week 12 and host the Bengals for their final home game of the season Week 16.

The Browns will play what could be their final game at Oakland Alameda Coliseum when they travel to face the Raiders in Week 4. Cleveland will face the Chargers for the fourth consecutive season when they match up Week 6 at FirstEnergy Stadium and host the Chiefs in Week 9.

“It’s great that we know the order of our opponents,” Jackson said. “We now have a clearer picture of the opponent we will be focusing on first and that’s something you can point to throughout the entire offseason.”

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...medium=referral
Posted By: BatDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:05 AM

ept. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 16 at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sept. 20 vs. New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)Thursday
Sept. 30 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. FOX
Oct. 7 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 14 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 4 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 11 vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Nov. 18 -- BYE
Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 2 at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 9 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Dec. 15 at Denver Broncos, TBD (NFLN)Saturday
Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:09 AM
Edit: Two primetime games, interesting.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:09 AM
see you week one! smile
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: BatDawg

ept. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sept. 16 at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sept. 20 vs. New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)Thursday
Sept. 30 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. FOX
Oct. 7 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 14 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Oct. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Oct. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 4 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Nov. 18 -- BYE
Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 2 at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 9 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (FOX)
Dec. 15 at Denver Broncos, TBD (NFLN)Saturday
Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS)
Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)

At first glimpse I gotta go with 16-0 and after it's all said and done.........

19-0 nanner nanner nanner

Here We Go Brownies, Here We Go!!! Woof, Woof!!!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 12:38 AM
Quote:

and every game after that....
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg

4/20 is tomorrow ...
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:13 AM
Originally Posted By: BatDawg

ept. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Sept. 16 at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Sept. 20 vs. New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)Thursday W
Sept. 30 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. FOX W
Oct. 7 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Oct. 14 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Oct. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX) W
Oct. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Nov. 4 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Nov. 11 vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Nov. 18 -- BYE
Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Dec. 2 at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Dec. 9 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Dec. 15 at Denver Broncos, TBD (NFLN)Saturday W
Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS)L

8-8.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:19 AM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

4/20 is tomorrow ...

lmao !!!! smile
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:37 AM
NFL Week 1

Atl 47.5
Phi -3.5

Pit -7
Cle 48

SF 47.5
Min -4.5

Cin 47.5
Ind -1

Buf 42
Bal -3.5

Jax -4
NYG 44.5

TB 52.5
NO -7.5

Hou 51
NE -7

Ten -2.5
Mia 47

KC 48.5
LAC -3

Sea 42
Den -2.5

Dal 45
Car -2.5

Wsh 45
Ari -1

Chi 48.5
GB -9

NYJ 44
Det -6

LAR -1.5
Oak 49.5

https://twitter.com/golfodds/status/987125590439354368
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:41 AM
Sept. 9 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Sept. 16 at New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Sept. 20 vs. New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. (NFLN)Thursday W
Sept. 30 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. FOX L
Oct. 7 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Oct. 14 vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Oct. 21 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX) W
Oct. 28 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Nov. 4 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Nov. 11 vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Nov. 18 -- BYE
Nov. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Dec. 2 at Houston Texans, 1 p.m. (CBS) L
Dec. 9 vs. Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. (FOX) L
Dec. 15 at Denver Broncos, TBD (NFLN)Saturday L
Dec. 23 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. (CBS) W
Dec. 30 at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. (CBS) L

8-8 ... 4-2 AFC North ... 6-2 Home
Posted By: Vambo Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:49 AM
2018 Cleveland Browns game-by-game predictions

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/25322/cleveland-browns-game-by-game-predictions

A winless team has nowhere to go but up, so the Cleveland Browns have no choice but to be a better team in 2018. In Tyrod Taylor they have a professional quarterback with experience and will clearly be an improved team with the draft and other offseason additions. But the Browns also have a new offensive coordinator, new quarterback, new running back and new receiver, all of whom must mesh by September. As the Browns have shown in the past, that's a tall order. This will be an improved team, but it won't be a .500 team. Five wins will be a measure of improvement though.

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 9, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET

This is a very tough opener, given the Steelers' overall edge in talent and the way they play the Browns. But if a team is going to dream, it has to dream big. Why not start here? The Browns played the Steelers well twice in 2017 (though one game was against backups), and they will pull out every stop in the universe to win this opener. Cleveland is overdue for an upset win. Win. Record: 1-0

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16, at New Orleans Saints, 1:00 p.m. ET

It's foolish to pick against Drew Brees in a game his team should win. The Saints have been together a long time and know how to win this kind of game. Record: 1-1

Week 3: Thursday, Sept. 20, vs. New York Jets, 8:20 p.m. ET

This game is as good as any to measure how much the Browns have improved. The Jets game was one of the games the Browns easily could have won in 2017. They should be able to pull it out this season. How does a fast start sound? Record: 2-1

Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30, at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m. ET

Derek Carr had an off season in 2017. He should bounce back. He's just one of many really good quarterbacks the Browns have to overcome, and can't. Record: 2-2

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 7, vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET

For whatever reason, the Ravens seem to figure out ways to beat the Browns. They've won six in a row and seven of eight over the Browns going back to 2014. At some point, though, that trend has to end. How does a winning record after five games sound? Record: 3-2

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14, vs. Los Angeles Chargers, 1:00 p.m. ET

Philip Rivers continues the gauntlet of quarterbacks the Browns must run, but the Chargers are beatable even with Rivers. The Browns beat them in Cleveland two years ago, and with better quarterback play could have won on the West Coast last season. The fast start continues. Record: 4-2

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21, at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1:00 p.m. ET

It's tempting to go with the Browns here, but the fast-start bubble has to burst at some point. Jameis Winston on the road will be too much. Record: 4-3

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28, at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00 p.m. ET

The only good thing about this game's location on the schedule is that the league saved the Browns the annual end-of-the-season embarrassment in Pittsburgh. It's too much to expect the Browns to sweep the Steelers, especially in Pittsburgh. Record: 4-4

Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4, vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1:00 p.m. ET

This will be an interesting game because the Browns will not have to face an experienced top quarterback. Patrick Mahomes gets the chance to take over in Kansas City. What gives the Chiefs the edge is their overall team speed. Record: 4-5

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11, vs. Atlanta Falcons, 1:00 p.m. ET

If Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are healthy, they are too much. The Browns simply do not have a cornerback to cover Jones. Record: 4-6

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18. Bye week.

Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 25, at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET

Cincinnati has won the last seven games between the two teams entering the 2017 season. The trend continues. Record: 4-7

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2, at Houston Texans, 1:00 p.m. ET

Deshaun Watson put a hurting on the Browns last season. If he's healthy as he comes back from knee surgery, he'll do the same this season. If Watson does not play, however, the door is open for a win. For this exercise, assume Watson plays. Record: 4-8

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9, vs. Carolina Panthers, 1:00 p.m. ET

The Panthers are coming off an 11-win season and have Cam Newton. The Browns are reeling. Advantage, Carolina. Record: 4-9

Week 15: Saturday, Dec. 15, at Denver Broncos, time to be determined.

The Broncos fell to five wins a year ago for a reason. They are depending on Case Keenum at quarterback. In this matchup, the Browns have the quarterback edge. Record: 5-9

Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23, vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00 p.m. ET

The Bengals have had the Browns' number lately for some reason, and until the Browns change things, it's tough to pick against that trend. Record: 5-10

Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30, at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00 p.m. ET

It took a record-setting day from Josh McCown for the Browns to beat the Ravens in Baltimore in 2015. That's the only win for Cleveland in the last eight games between the teams heading into 2018. Record: 5-11
Posted By: Swish Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 01:49 AM
0-16
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 02:07 AM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

4/20 is tomorrow ...

And my birthday is Saturday. wink

We're gonne go, at least, 8-8. laugh
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:21 AM
I see 10 wins there.

Btw, we will sweep the bengals and split with the other two division rivals.
Posted By: eotab Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:25 AM
I literally hate opening with Pittsburgh

I love it. We almost beat them last year with Kizer at the helm.

We are much better n I dont think the Steelers will be ready for us. Either we are good n beat them or we need more work. Time for us to stomp them n make a statement to all especially our young team.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:10 AM
Unless the rookie QB wins the job...

Dude, Hue is already in trouble. You can see it in his eyes and hear it when he speaks.

He needs to hope his team and coaches can win him some games because he clearly can't.

He just needs to shut-up.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:46 AM
I'm not THAT down on Hue but he has to be looking at that bye after week 10 thinking he better be at least 3-7 if not 4-6....
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:16 AM
A buddy of mine wants to hit up the Ohio State game on Saturday and the Chargers on Sunday (he is a Charger fan). I may be making my first Cleveland Browns Stadium trip.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:44 AM
Love the Saturday game in Denver, wish the game in Houston was a bit earlier in the season. I'll be at both of those games.

I hate that our 2 scheduled games, not at 1pm, are back to back in weeks 3 and 4, would like to have seen those spread out a bit

I like opening at home vs pit, don't like our bye week.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 10:27 AM
Music to my ears!

The Browns of my youth often split with division rivals. We'd all wrasse strangers for playoffs records.

We should get some wins out of this mess. Hate the opener.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 11:00 AM
I don't know if I've ever seen an NFL schedule come out with a game time as TBD (us against Denver in week 15)
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 02:21 PM

NFL schedule has 17 Thursday games: 1 each in weeks 1-15, plus two more on Thanksgiving.

DAL and NO play on back-to-back Thursdays: Thanksgiving and the next week.

ATL and PHI play in the opener, and then a regular TNF game.

BUF/TB have 0 Thurs games.

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-2018-nfl-schedule/
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 02:41 PM
I don't see it happening once in that grid... but why don't they play the thursday game after the bye week?

I know it can't be done every time for every team... but why not as much as possible?

I think that could possibly alleviate injuries... no?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 02:43 PM
I'd be all about adding one more regular season week (18 total) and giving each team another BYE week (one random week, and one before the Thurs night game).
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:40 PM
Realistic record projections are inherently conservative, but I know many of you prefer bolder predictions, so I analyzed annual records from league history and weighted my projections to create these "bolder" projections. Here they are: #clayprojections

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/987354426330542080
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:44 PM
Here it is! My first run of 2018 NFL Predictions - Records, point totals, S of S, playoff seeds, 2019 Draft order + more #clayprojections

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/987352732892835841
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I'm not THAT down on Hue but he has to be looking at that bye after week 10 thinking he better be at least 3-7 if not 4-6....
I don't think its going to take until the bye before we see if Hue is here or not.

if hue goes 1-3 1-4 or 0 and whatever, he will be gone.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:54 PM
If the Giants take a position player and wind up 3-13, then they fail the draft.(passing on a QB at #2 overall, that is)
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 03:54 PM

Oh sure, they just HAD to play that game in CLE.
If they played it here I'd have a nifty excuse to go to the new stadium.

Come on man.
flamingmad
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:06 PM
How many times do people have to repeat the Hue bashing until they realize at some point they're just whining? 20 times? 50 times? 100?

What ever that point is, you've surely passed it. lmao
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:06 PM
Opening up against Pittsburgh sucks. It will be great for us if we can come out with a W to start the season for mindset and etc... especially against the Steelers. However, our track record against them is very poor.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Opening up against Pittsburgh sucks. It will be great for us if we can come out with a W to start the season for mindset and etc... especially against the Steelers. However, our track record against them is very poor.

Gotta start turning that around sometime.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:21 PM
IMO the 2nd week is just as challenging .. on the road against the Saints (it's their home opener)
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Gotta start turning that around sometime.

Man... I hear you super loud and crystal clear on that.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:29 PM
At NOLA for what amounts to a tough game on the road, fly back, 3 days rest then play the Jets at night. Ouchie.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 04:45 PM
The first 3 games of the season will be brutal for the team.

I think a lot of our how the season will depend on if we take Barkley at 1 and Chubb/Ward/Fitz at 4 and Taylor is "the guy" for the next 5-6 years.
(I could see this happening)

If we go with a QB at 1 and BPA at 4 or trade back, our record will be worse than it would be without 2 of the BPA's at 1 and 4 that are not a QB.

We also have no clue how injuries will play into the mix.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:01 PM

Dude ... we’ve won 4 games in the last 3 years ... and ended the season before that on like an 8 game losing streak ...

Just curious as to witch team(s) u think it is we have a “good” track record against .... naughtydevil ...
Posted By: eotab Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:06 PM
How many times do people have to repeat the Hue bashing until they realize at some point they're just whining? 20 times? 50 times? 100?

Come on Pit...don't be silly its obvious, you can see it in his eyes... rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:08 PM
j/c

Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:12 PM
Just wondering if that also works for those who repeatedly bash those who are accused of bashing Hue...? Is that whining?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Dude ... we’ve won 4 games in the last 3 years ... and ended the season before that on like an 8 game losing streak ...

Just curious as to witch team(s) u think it is we have a “good” track record against .... naughtydevil ...

We have a good track record of ourselves... at failing at virtually everything football and organization related.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:32 PM
Just wondering if that also works for those who repeatedly bash those who are accused of bashing Hue...? Is that whining?

I don't think pointing out the obvious is quite the same thing. lmao
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:34 PM
I don't like that we play 2 tough team the first 2 weeks, and then have one of our few winnable games on a short week after that (Jets).

But, it's better that this short week occurs early on in the season.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 05:36 PM
I look at it this way. We have to play them all anyway. What order we play them in really doesn't matter to me.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/20/18 06:08 PM
Strength of schedule:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/987325894258765824

This is using Vegas odds and other ratings based on current rosters. Obviously it will change after the draft.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: eotab

Come on Pit...don't be silly its obvious, you can see it in his eyes... rofl

I'll hate on Hue until he leaves, or until he starts winning some football games! He's 0-16 and almost 0-16 in two years!
And I'd feel better if DeShone Kizer were coming back!
I'd feel better if DeShone Kizer were coming back! He would have had to have learned something in 14+ games last year, and I ain't no fan of Buffalo, so I ain't looking forward to watching the "new' team with Buffalo's quarterback!

I'd like to have some confidence that the Browns will win SOMETIME!, but even all the changes look like the same old changes, even the bringing of all new faces look like the same old bringing they tried before.

Even the two draft picks in the first round, even the large group of front office, and under-coaches, looks like the same thing they tried before.

And ONE THING they haven't tried NOT doing which when they did it a multitude times before, is letting their OK talent walk during the offseason.
Joe Thomas, Danny Shelton, and Kiser, and probably others I'm forgetting. Oh ya, Crowell.

So Nobody can say they kept the roster together; Or when they drafted Weeden they gave him 4 years.
and Nobody can say they stuck it out with Johnny Manziel either, and they can't say they went through the growing pains with DeShone Kizer either!

So it looks like the same old plan, which went from steadily 2 or 4 wins, to steadily 3 wins or so, to steadily 0 or 1 wins.
The trajectory is Down, and everything this team does looks an awful lot like all it's done before.

Except for keeping the winless coach. I bet no other team in the history of the NFL has done that.

Show me one bit of progress the team has made since Hue took over.

Currently, I expect 0-16 and not even as competitive as last year, but I'm looking forward to being wrong. thumbsup
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 11:23 AM
For the 1st time in many years I have no fear of schedule.

In the past its trying to sort through the schedule and hope and pray there is someone worse then us on it.

However, this year I can see us winning any of our games against whoever has the misfortune to come up against us.

I am glad its Pittsburgh we face game one, lets pound a team that has repeatedly punch us in the face only this time lets do the punching. And unlike in the past I feel strongly we have the pieces in place to do just that.

Now we start winning, week one the Steelers is a great place to start. Lets kick the @##$ out of the monkey.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 12:21 PM
Make 'em cry. I NEED us to give them a game where we beat each other up and we win.

Enough giving it away. Your holler gave me goosebumps! Love that kinda stuff!

Win, Browns!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 04:56 PM
My uncle co-owns a luxury suite and allows me 4 games a season to select and attend. Which games should I choose?

Right now, leaning towards Chargers, Ravens, Falcons, and Panthers
Posted By: MrKelso Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 06:20 PM
I'm predicting 6 or 7 wins if we stay healthy and can get above average production from the offensive line all season. Hopefully I am wrong and we can win more. The schedule really does not look all that brutal as of right now, but you never know how things can change. A little annoyed that we have to start against Pittsburgh again, but we usually seem to play them really tough early in the year. Getting a few wins early in the season could go a long way towards being competitive late in the season. If we nail this draft, maybe 8 or 9 wins is possible.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 06:33 PM
#NFL Season Win Totals from BetOnline

ARI 5½
ATL 9½
BAL 8½
BUF 6½
CAR 8½
CHI 6½
CIN 5½
CLE 4½
DAL 8½
DEN 7½
DET 7½
GB 10½
HOU 9½
IND 6½
JAX 9½
KC 7½
LAC 9½
LAR 9½
MIA 5½
MIN 10½
NE 10½
NO 8½
NYG 7½
NYJ 6½
OAK 8½
PHI 10½
PIT 10½
SF 8½
SEA 8½
TB 6½
TEN 7½
WAS 5½

https://twitter.com/SBRSportsPicks/status/987745356430626816
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 08:39 PM
be surprised if we win more than two games.. takes more than one offseason to build a team from scratch..
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/21/18 10:04 PM
I will say it now like I said it then. the Browns won't win a home opener until it has the the better qb on the field for starters.
then you ask the question do the Browns have the better HC of the 2 teams ?
the Browns can't win openers for a reason.
it's funny I see the same narrative every year on this board when it comes to openers vs Pittsburgh and the North on the schedule

the Steelers will.take us lightly blah blah blah and we are gonna
stomp on them Yadda Yadda Yadda
or we gonna sweep the Bengals this year etc etc etc and spilt with The Ravens both are going backwards
funny thing the Browns have one AFC North win in 4 yrs.
I see a 4 12 record
one win in the North at best
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 12:31 AM
After the draft, maybe the picture will look hopefully more optimistic.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 12:45 AM
if the Browns beat the Steelers I see them playoff bound
if they lose no playoffs
Posted By: myka Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 05:34 PM
Talent - 10-6
Coaching - Minus 2
Being Cleveland (Refs) - Minus 2
Hard schedule - Minus 1

Final prediction: 5-11

If somehow Hue learns to coach (or lets assistants run the show) and Ownership can manage not to meddle, we can be very good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 05:36 PM
Good news: our division should't be that difficult
Bad news: our other games seem difficult
Worse news: we are bad
Posted By: eotab Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 06:40 PM
So no 11 win teams in the NFL...wow
Browns lowest with 4.5
Posted By: TONY Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
if they lose no playoffs

....and I'm quite sure we can beat the Steelers on day 1 at home!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 08:11 PM
We might very well struggle to win a game again. I don't see us winning more than 3 or 4.
Posted By: TONY Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
We might very well struggle to win a game again. I don't see us winning more than 3 or 4.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when we start winning again this fall. I'm very optimistic about this team. Go Browns!
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 08:16 PM
Originally Posted By: TONY
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
if they lose no playoffs

....and I'm quite sure we can beat the Steelers on day 1 at home!

If the only thing we accomplish in 18 is to dominate our division I'd be thrilled.
Posted By: TONY Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 08:28 PM
I think we will come out of the woodwork with Todd Hailey. Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson will be very effective. Landry and Gordon will light it up. Tyrod will move the chains like nothing we've seen in years. Janis and Coleman will be a Bonus. If we get Chubb on D or Barkley, LOOK OUT!
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

yea.. while the average talent we brought in is better than what we had its still a long way from a winning team.. jmo.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: TONY
I think we will come out of the woodwork with Todd Hailey. Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson will be very effective. Landry and Gordon will light it up. Tyrod will move the chains like nothing we've seen in years. Janis and Coleman will be a Bonus. If we get Chubb on D or Barkley, LOOK OUT!

Is Hailey calling plays and running his offense?
Posted By: TONY Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/22/18 11:33 PM
Yes, Todd will call the plays but it is yet to be seen how much input Hue will have.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 02:30 AM
Quote:
be surprised if we win more than two games.. takes more than one offseason to build a team from scratch..

Except this is year 3.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 03:44 AM
Quote:

Except this is year 3.

How is it year 3? This would be Johnny Manziels 4th year.

Who is still with the team that contributed in 2015?

I wouldn't even say it's year 2, because Kizer won't even be around as a backup, neither Cody Kessler.

It might be argued it could be y3, if McCown were, well nevermind.

It would be y3 for Pryor, it's not even y2 for Britt? but he's gone, maybe Corey Coleman?

It's not Y3 for the interior of the O-line, Trettor and Zeitler, y2 for them. Austin Paztor would be year 3.

It might be 2 and a half if you counted Jamar Taylor and , well, Jason McCourty is gone.

It's basically a whole new roster and a brand new QB room and new coordinators and a fresh outlook, the only thing they've kept, is the troubled head coach.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 03:48 AM
Not trying to derail, but bold prediction, Tyrod Taylor will be our starting QB in 2019.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 03:49 AM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Unless you're the 96 Jaguars, or also expansion Carolina Panthers,
or the 2017 Jaguars, or the 1993 Atlanta Braves, worst to first.

or A Los Vegas hockey team.

But the Cleveland Browns are on the way! thumbsup
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 03:57 AM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

rofl This is the best of Dawgtalkers, I want to nominate this. thumbsup
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 04:52 AM
Quote:

Except this is year 3.

naw.. sashi is pretty good but it even took him two years to turn us into a expansion team.. be a long time to dig our selfe out of this one.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 08:08 AM
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
Not trying to derail, but bold prediction, Tyrod Taylor will be our starting QB in 2019.
so you're saying we're drafting Allen?
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 10:35 AM
Quote:

It's basically a whole new roster and a brand new QB room and new coordinators and a fresh outlook, the only thing they've kept, is the troubled head coach.

Correct, and that started two years ago. We are 1-31 since the tear down, thus this is year 3.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 10:36 AM
Quote:

be a long time to dig our selfe out of this one.

naw
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 02:24 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

BAL 8½
CIN 5½
CLE 4½
PIT 10½

Under
Over
Under
Over

I'd bet that way.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

BAL 8½
CIN 5½
CLE 4½
PIT 10½

Under
Over
Under
Over

I'd bet that way.
Under, Over, Over, Over
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/23/18 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

BAL 8½
CIN 5½
CLE 4½
PIT 10½

Under
Over
Under
Over

I'd bet that way.

Under
Under
Over
Under

The division is getting weaker.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/24/18 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
At NOLA for what amounts to a tough game on the road, fly back, 3 days rest then play the Jets at night. Ouchie.
Don't forget, there are a lot of jets that have this game circled now.....
Posted By: The Collector Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/25/18 04:38 AM
Might try and see if I can get tickets to and go up to Mile High.

Never been and this gives me a reason to go. Like a christmas present to myself.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/25/18 08:17 AM
The only problem: we'll be so far out of it by then, who knows what our roster/starters will look like
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/26/18 09:18 AM
six wins...seven if we get lucky
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Schedule Predictions - 04/26/18 10:47 AM
You are worth it. I have a bucket list and a bucket that's empty. Do this while you can enjoy it.

Root these Dawgs! Safe trip.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Schedule Predictions - 05/12/18 03:06 PM
The Browns are legit wild-card sleepers

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23453136/cleveland-browns-nfl-playoff-wild-card-sleepers-2018

This might be hard for anyone born after 1960 to believe, but the Cleveland Browns used to be good.

In fact, they once were a powerhouse. Their dominance between their inaugural season in 1946 and 1955 makes Bill Belichick's New England Patriots look less like a dynasty and more like a -- cue the air quotes -- "dynasty." Cleveland won 10 consecutive division titles and made the championship game every year over that stretch. The Browns won seven championships and added one more in 1964, trailing only the Green Bay Packers (13) and Chicago Bears (9) on the all-time list.

Needless to say, they haven't been quite as good since. Cleveland had its first-ever winless season last year, hasn't been to the playoffs since 2002 and has failed to eclipse five wins in 10 of the past 12 seasons.

Of course, all teams start the season at 0-0. And it was quite the offseason for Cleveland. The Browns were busy making trades, signing impact players and, thanks to former general manager Sashi Brown, scooping up top-end prospects in the draft.

As the Oakland Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars showed us in 2016 and 2017, a franchise's fortunes can change in an instant. The 2018 Browns won't remind you of Paul Brown's dominant squads of 70 years ago, but this is a team primed for a big step forward and, with a few breaks, very well could shock the world and snag eight or nine wins and a wild-card berth.
The new guy under center

It all starts at quarterback. Tyrod Taylor is far from a superstar, but he's a solid presence, which is more than can be said about Cleveland's recent quarterback situation. He has shortcomings as a passer, but does two things extremely well: avoids turnovers and makes plays with his legs.

The first is perhaps the most important and certainly the most-overlooked improvement for Cleveland in 2018. Turnovers matter. A lot.

A look back at the past decade shows a strong correlation between turnover margin and wins. The 46 teams that have won 12-plus games in a single season during that span averaged a plus-9.8 turnover margin, and only four of the 46 had a negative margin. On the flip side, the average margin of the 26 teams that have won fewer than four games over the past decade is negative-10.5 and only one team had a positive margin. For my fellow stat nerds, the r-squared between turnover margin and wins is 0.43 over that span. For non-stat nerds, that essentially means 43 percent of a team's win total can be determined by its turnover ratio. That's a huge number.

So why is this important? Cleveland fans know turnovers have been a problem for some time, but that was especially the case in 2017. The Browns' 41 turnovers were seven more than any other team. They led the NFL with 28 interceptions, which translated to a negative-28 turnover margin that was significantly worse than the next-closest team (Denver minus-17). The Browns have had one of the league's five worst turnover margins each of the past three seasons. Comparatively, Taylor's Buffalo Bills ranked no worse than seventh in turnover ratio and were bottom six in interceptions each of his three seasons. And yes, that includes last year's infamous "Nate Peterman game" in Los Angeles.

DeShone Kizer handled a majority of Cleveland's quarterback snaps as a rookie last season, and to say he struggled would be a massive understatement. He was picked off 22 times (six more than any other quarterback) and was off-target on 23 percent of his throws (second worst).

Enter Taylor.

The 28-year-old former Virginia Tech star racked up 65 touchdowns while throwing only 16 interceptions in his three-year stint in Buffalo. His 1.0 percent interception rate was best in the NFL last season, and his 1.3 percent rate over the past three trails only some guy named Tom Brady for best in the league. There are reasons why teams short on roster talent can sneak into a playoff spot (like the 2017 Taylor-led Bills and recently Alex Smith-led Chiefs). And limiting turnovers is the primary one.

Taylor also is exceptional at making plays with his legs. A terrific athlete, Taylor has racked up at least 400 rushing yards and four scores in each of the past three seasons and is averaging a healthy 5.6 yards per carry over that span. He ranks second to only Cam Newton at the position in carries, rushing yardage and rushing touchdowns over the past three years.

Taylor rarely lights up defenses through the air and occasionally struggles with accuracy, but trailing only Brady in interceptions and being second only to Newton in rushing prowess is pretty darn good.

Taylor is expected to be under center for most of 2018, but if first overall pick Baker Mayfield proves to be so good that he snags the job, that's just more good news for Cleveland's chances. If the offense is in solid shape with Taylor, that would launch the unit even further.
That new guy under center has help

Taylor spent the first five years of his career as Joe Flacco's backup in Baltimore and the past three as the starter in Buffalo. And yet, he'll easily enjoy the best supporting cast of his career in Cleveland. Seriously.

It starts with the offensive line. The elephant in the room is the retirement of superstar left tackle Joe Thomas, which leaves the team a bit shaky with 2016 third-round pick Shon Coleman in Thomas' place. That's easily the weakest spot on the line. Right tackle Chris Hubbard was signed away from division rival Pittsburgh and is a solid presence opposite Coleman. Cleveland has invested a lot in the interior line and Joel Bitonio, JC Tretter and Kevin Zeitler are about as good as you'll find. Overall, Cleveland has a top-10 line.

The offensive skill players are also better than we've seen in Cleveland in a long time. Josh Gordon has had his share of off-field issues, but the super-talented, 6-foot-3, 225-pound split end is still only 27 years old and has elite upside. Cleveland traded for slot man Jarvis Landry, who ranks third in the NFL with 400 receptions since entering the league in 2014. Corey Coleman has struggled as the team's No. 1 receiver, but the 2016 first-round pick is still only 23 years old.

Tight end can't be viewed as a team strength yet, but it might soon. David Njoku was one of the team's three first-round picks in 2017 and the former Miami Hurricane has massive upside. He's a physical freak at 6-foot-4 and 246 pounds, and doesn't turn 22 years old until July.

Free-agent acquisition Carlos Hyde and second-rounder Nick Chubb form an outstanding three-man committee with receiving specialist Duke Johnson Jr. Hyde is coming off a high-volume, low-efficiency season in San Francisco, but has been one of the NFL's most effective backs since entering the league in 2014. Chubb was one of the best pure rushers in a deep draft class and is a big, tough back at 5-foot-11 and 227 pounds. Johnson is an elite receiving back, ranking first at the position in receptions (188) and receiving yards (1,741) since being drafted in the third round of 2015.

This is already an above-average offense on paper. It could be even better than expected if Coleman and Njoku take a step forward.
The defense has some pieces

As you might imagine, last year's troubles with interceptions had ill effects on the defense. Cleveland showed up near average or slightly below in most advanced defensive categories, but surrendered 410 points (second most). A major reason for this was an opponent average starting field position of 69.9 yards (the league's fourth-lowest mark). Cleveland otherwise allowed an average drive distance of 28.5 yards (15th in the league), surrendered 328.1 yards per game (14th), allowed 3.4 yards per carry (second), forced 14 fumbles (12th) and paced the NFL with 120 tackles for loss.

That's a good start, and some offseason improvements suggest this unit will be even better in 2018.

Those improvements start in the secondary. The Browns struggled against the pass last year, allowing 7.4 yards per attempt while managing only seven interceptions (second fewest). They raised eyebrows when they traded top corner Jason McCourty to New England, but more than compensated for his departure by signing E.J. Gaines and TJ Carrie and then drafting Ohio State's Denzel Ward fourth overall. Gaines and Carrie enjoyed breakout campaigns with Buffalo and Oakland, respectively, in 2017. And Ward has elite upside as a shutdown perimeter corner. Briean Boddy-Calhoun was a gem undrafted free-agent find in 2016 and was one of the league's best slot corners last year. Safety is a big question mark but there's a ton of upside with 2017 first-rounder Jabrill Peppers and 2015 first-rounder and converted corner Damarious Randall. They're the projected starters, and 2017 starting strong safety Derrick Kindred is also in the fold.

The Browns' best defensive player is defensive end Myles Garrett. Injuries limited the 2017 first overall pick to 11 games as a rookie, but he was busy and prolific when active, playing 77 percent of the snaps during his final nine games. He finished with 7.0 sacks. Garrett has "breakout" written all over him, and recent early-round picks Emmanuel Ogbah, Chad Thomas, Carl Nassib and Nate Orchard add solid, young depth with upside.

There's a lot to like at linebacker, too. Christian Kirksey, Joe Schobert and Jamie Collins were every-down players when healthy last year. That wasn't often the case for Collins, who was limited to 310 snaps. Collins has struggled with health and ineffectiveness since joining the team during the 2016 season, but the 28-year-old is one of the NFL's highest-paid players for a reason: He was one of the league's best at the position in recent years. Schobert and Kirksey have settled in as solid players, leaving Cleveland with quality talent and depth at the position.

Defensive tackle could be a weak spot, especially after trading Danny Shelton to New England. However, the Browns felt they had a logjam after spending a pair of 2017 draft picks on Larry Ogunjobi and Caleb Brantley. Both were key to the team's success against the run last season.

There are a few question marks, but most of the unknowns are young, early-round players with significant upside. There's breakout potential from an improved unit that already showed some signs of life in 2017.
The AFC is weak

It's fairly easy to make a case that five of the league's six best teams are in the NFC with Philadelphia, the Rams, Minnesota, New Orleans and Atlanta. Add in the consistent wild-card contenders, then the improved, emerging teams and suddenly the NFC looks intimidating.

Meanwhile, the AFC is lacking clear-cut, playoff locks behind New England and Pittsburgh. The Chargers are pretty stacked and the AFC South is much improved, but scan through the wild-card favorites and you'll notice that Cleveland's primary competition will be Kansas City, Baltimore and whoever comes up short of the divisional title in the South. Yes, there are some decent/good teams, but it's not nearly as competitive as the NFC. A much-improved Cleveland roster should be able to hang with these teams.

To the Browns' detriment, their schedule isn't as light as you'd hope for a team that just went 0-16. The AFC North will match up with the AFC West and NFC South, and the latter is likely to be a significant roadblock to a wild card. The Falcons, Saints and Panthers made the playoffs last year and all three figure to be in the mix in 2018. Tampa Bay is also much improved following a good offseason. In other words, Cleveland might need to win the division in order to make the playoffs, which will be a tall task with Ben Roethlisberger still around. Cleveland does, however, have the ammunition to overtake Baltimore and Cincinnati -- two solid defensive teams that continue to struggle with either poor or mediocre offensive play. It's easy to make a case that Cleveland is currently better than both on paper.
The 1-31 elephant in the room

Though recent history has shown roster talent will often win out, there's a potential obstacle standing between the Browns and success in 2018: coaching.

Is it possible 2016-17 was a fluke and Hue Jackson is a good (or even great) head coach? Absolutely. Remember, he was a highly-coveted candidate for years leading up to his hiring in Cleveland. Since then, however, he has managed to win only one game in 32 tries. Cleveland's roster hasn't been very good, but it was certainly capable of winning four to five games each season.

Bill Belichick, Andy Reid and Sean McVay are only a few recent examples that "coaching matters." It's fair to wonder which way Jackson will affect Cleveland's win total. Can he stick to a plan at quarterback? Will he stop flip-flopping, redirecting blame on missed draft picks and end up on the same page as management? Will he continue to allow his defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to play his first-round box safety (Peppers) so far off the line of scrimmage that it has become a running joke among fans, analysts and even the players? Can new offensive coordinator Todd Haley find the same success he had in Pittsburgh? The answers to these questions are sure to impact Cleveland's win total in 2018.
The bottom line

As fun as it would be to bang the table and predict the Browns as a 2018 playoff team, the reality is that they're in the middle of the pack on paper. That's saying a lot for a team that failed to win a single game last year, but the personnel speaks for itself. The Browns are probably still one good offseason away from contending in the AFC and are best viewed as a seven- or eight-win team in 2018. Of course, the season is short and variance and luck will have a say. If the Browns get a good bounce or two and stay relatively healthy, a nine-win season is attainable. That would surely please the late Paul Brown.
© DawgTalkers.net