Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO the 2nd week is just as challenging .. on the road against the Saints (it's their home opener)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Opening up against Pittsburgh sucks. It will be great for us if we can come out with a W to start the season for mindset and etc... especially against the Steelers. However, our track record against them is very poor.

Gotta start turning that around sometime.

Man... I hear you super loud and crystal clear on that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At NOLA for what amounts to a tough game on the road, fly back, 3 days rest then play the Jets at night. Ouchie.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The first 3 games of the season will be brutal for the team.

I think a lot of our how the season will depend on if we take Barkley at 1 and Chubb/Ward/Fitz at 4 and Taylor is "the guy" for the next 5-6 years.
(I could see this happening)

If we go with a QB at 1 and BPA at 4 or trade back, our record will be worse than it would be without 2 of the BPA's at 1 and 4 that are not a QB.

We also have no clue how injuries will play into the mix.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Opening up against Pittsburgh sucks. It will be great for us if we can come out with a W to start the season for mindset and etc... especially against the Steelers. However, our track record against them is very poor.

Dude ... we’ve won 4 games in the last 3 years ... and ended the season before that on like an 8 game losing streak ...

Just curious as to witch team(s) u think it is we have a “good” track record against .... naughtydevil ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
How many times do people have to repeat the Hue bashing until they realize at some point they're just whining? 20 times? 50 times? 100?

What ever that point is, you've surely passed it. lmao

Come on Pit...don't be silly its obvious, you can see it in his eyes... rofl

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I'll be surprised if it isn't Browns vs Steelers week 1.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just wondering if that also works for those who repeatedly bash those who are accused of bashing Hue...? Is that whining?

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Dude ... we’ve won 4 games in the last 3 years ... and ended the season before that on like an 8 game losing streak ...

Just curious as to witch team(s) u think it is we have a “good” track record against .... naughtydevil ...

We have a good track record of ourselves... at failing at virtually everything football and organization related.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Just wondering if that also works for those who repeatedly bash those who are accused of bashing Hue...? Is that whining?

I don't think pointing out the obvious is quite the same thing. lmao

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't like that we play 2 tough team the first 2 weeks, and then have one of our few winnable games on a short week after that (Jets).

But, it's better that this short week occurs early on in the season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I look at it this way. We have to play them all anyway. What order we play them in really doesn't matter to me.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Strength of schedule:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/987325894258765824

This is using Vegas odds and other ratings based on current rosters. Obviously it will change after the draft.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: eotab
How many times do people have to repeat the Hue bashing until they realize at some point they're just whining? 20 times? 50 times? 100?

What ever that point is, you've surely passed it. lmao

Come on Pit...don't be silly its obvious, you can see it in his eyes... rofl

I'll hate on Hue until he leaves, or until he starts winning some football games! He's 0-16 and almost 0-16 in two years!
And I'd feel better if DeShone Kizer were coming back!
I'd feel better if DeShone Kizer were coming back! He would have had to have learned something in 14+ games last year, and I ain't no fan of Buffalo, so I ain't looking forward to watching the "new' team with Buffalo's quarterback!

I'd like to have some confidence that the Browns will win SOMETIME!, but even all the changes look like the same old changes, even the bringing of all new faces look like the same old bringing they tried before.

Even the two draft picks in the first round, even the large group of front office, and under-coaches, looks like the same thing they tried before.

And ONE THING they haven't tried NOT doing which when they did it a multitude times before, is letting their OK talent walk during the offseason.
Joe Thomas, Danny Shelton, and Kiser, and probably others I'm forgetting. Oh ya, Crowell.

So Nobody can say they kept the roster together; Or when they drafted Weeden they gave him 4 years.
and Nobody can say they stuck it out with Johnny Manziel either, and they can't say they went through the growing pains with DeShone Kizer either!

So it looks like the same old plan, which went from steadily 2 or 4 wins, to steadily 3 wins or so, to steadily 0 or 1 wins.
The trajectory is Down, and everything this team does looks an awful lot like all it's done before.

Except for keeping the winless coach. I bet no other team in the history of the NFL has done that.

Show me one bit of progress the team has made since Hue took over.

Currently, I expect 0-16 and not even as competitive as last year, but I'm looking forward to being wrong. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For the 1st time in many years I have no fear of schedule.

In the past its trying to sort through the schedule and hope and pray there is someone worse then us on it.

However, this year I can see us winning any of our games against whoever has the misfortune to come up against us.

I am glad its Pittsburgh we face game one, lets pound a team that has repeatedly punch us in the face only this time lets do the punching. And unlike in the past I feel strongly we have the pieces in place to do just that.

Now we start winning, week one the Steelers is a great place to start. Lets kick the @##$ out of the monkey.

Legend
Legend
Make 'em cry. I NEED us to give them a game where we beat each other up and we win.

Enough giving it away. Your holler gave me goosebumps! Love that kinda stuff!

Win, Browns!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My uncle co-owns a luxury suite and allows me 4 games a season to select and attend. Which games should I choose?

Right now, leaning towards Chargers, Ravens, Falcons, and Panthers

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm predicting 6 or 7 wins if we stay healthy and can get above average production from the offensive line all season. Hopefully I am wrong and we can win more. The schedule really does not look all that brutal as of right now, but you never know how things can change. A little annoyed that we have to start against Pittsburgh again, but we usually seem to play them really tough early in the year. Getting a few wins early in the season could go a long way towards being competitive late in the season. If we nail this draft, maybe 8 or 9 wins is possible.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
Legend
Legend
#NFL Season Win Totals from BetOnline

ARI 5½
ATL 9½
BAL 8½
BUF 6½
CAR 8½
CHI 6½
CIN 5½
CLE 4½
DAL 8½
DEN 7½
DET 7½
GB 10½
HOU 9½
IND 6½
JAX 9½
KC 7½
LAC 9½
LAR 9½
MIA 5½
MIN 10½
NE 10½
NO 8½
NYG 7½
NYJ 6½
OAK 8½
PHI 10½
PIT 10½
SF 8½
SEA 8½
TB 6½
TEN 7½
WAS 5½

https://twitter.com/SBRSportsPicks/status/987745356430626816

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
be surprised if we win more than two games.. takes more than one offseason to build a team from scratch..

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I will say it now like I said it then. the Browns won't win a home opener until it has the the better qb on the field for starters.
then you ask the question do the Browns have the better HC of the 2 teams ?
the Browns can't win openers for a reason.
it's funny I see the same narrative every year on this board when it comes to openers vs Pittsburgh and the North on the schedule

the Steelers will.take us lightly blah blah blah and we are gonna
stomp on them Yadda Yadda Yadda
or we gonna sweep the Bengals this year etc etc etc and spilt with The Ravens both are going backwards
funny thing the Browns have one AFC North win in 4 yrs.
I see a 4 12 record
one win in the North at best

T
Legend
Legend
T
After the draft, maybe the picture will look hopefully more optimistic.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
if the Browns beat the Steelers I see them playoff bound
if they lose no playoffs

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Talent - 10-6
Coaching - Minus 2
Being Cleveland (Refs) - Minus 2
Hard schedule - Minus 1

Final prediction: 5-11

If somehow Hue learns to coach (or lets assistants run the show) and Ownership can manage not to meddle, we can be very good.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good news: our division should't be that difficult
Bad news: our other games seem difficult
Worse news: we are bad

E
Legend
Legend
E
So no 11 win teams in the NFL...wow
Browns lowest with 4.5

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
if they lose no playoffs

....and I'm quite sure we can beat the Steelers on day 1 at home!

Exciting football will be back in Cleveland this fall!
O
Legend
Legend
O
We might very well struggle to win a game again. I don't see us winning more than 3 or 4.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
We might very well struggle to win a game again. I don't see us winning more than 3 or 4.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised when we start winning again this fall. I'm very optimistic about this team. Go Browns!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: TONY
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
if they lose no playoffs

....and I'm quite sure we can beat the Steelers on day 1 at home!

If the only thing we accomplish in 18 is to dominate our division I'd be thrilled.

All Pro
All Pro
I think we will come out of the woodwork with Todd Hailey. Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson will be very effective. Landry and Gordon will light it up. Tyrod will move the chains like nothing we've seen in years. Janis and Coleman will be a Bonus. If we get Chubb on D or Barkley, LOOK OUT!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

yea.. while the average talent we brought in is better than what we had its still a long way from a winning team.. jmo.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: TONY
I think we will come out of the woodwork with Todd Hailey. Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson will be very effective. Landry and Gordon will light it up. Tyrod will move the chains like nothing we've seen in years. Janis and Coleman will be a Bonus. If we get Chubb on D or Barkley, LOOK OUT!

Is Hailey calling plays and running his offense?

All Pro
All Pro
Yes, Todd will call the plays but it is yet to be seen how much input Hue will have.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
be surprised if we win more than two games.. takes more than one offseason to build a team from scratch..

Except this is year 3.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Except this is year 3.

How is it year 3? This would be Johnny Manziels 4th year.

Who is still with the team that contributed in 2015?

I wouldn't even say it's year 2, because Kizer won't even be around as a backup, neither Cody Kessler.

It might be argued it could be y3, if McCown were, well nevermind.

It would be y3 for Pryor, it's not even y2 for Britt? but he's gone, maybe Corey Coleman?

It's not Y3 for the interior of the O-line, Trettor and Zeitler, y2 for them. Austin Paztor would be year 3.

It might be 2 and a half if you counted Jamar Taylor and , well, Jason McCourty is gone.

It's basically a whole new roster and a brand new QB room and new coordinators and a fresh outlook, the only thing they've kept, is the troubled head coach.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not trying to derail, but bold prediction, Tyrod Taylor will be our starting QB in 2019.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

Unless you're the 96 Jaguars, or also expansion Carolina Panthers,
or the 2017 Jaguars, or the 1993 Atlanta Braves, worst to first.

or A Los Vegas hockey team.

But the Cleveland Browns are on the way! thumbsup

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

rofl This is the best of Dawgtalkers, I want to nominate this. thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Except this is year 3.

naw.. sashi is pretty good but it even took him two years to turn us into a expansion team.. be a long time to dig our selfe out of this one.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Schedule Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard