DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: PitDAWG 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 03:47 PM
So this has been an annual thing on this board since the team returned in 1999. It's always posted after the last preseason game has ended, heading into the season. It gives the fans a place to tell what they think the Browns record will be this season and their reasoning behind it.

It gives us a place to look back at to see how right or how wrong our thoughts and logic was looking towards the season. So I think it's always been a valuable thread.

My expected range of wins falls between 4-6. I think that's keeping it real and I'll explain that as my post goes along.

But my prediction is 6 wins. I consider that to be the upside and my most optimistic prediction I can remember since our return. How did I arrive at 4-6 wins and predict six?

First, we did add a lot of talent. We should be a competitive team from week to week. But the concerns that keep my win total prediction down are very simple ones.

Injuries/depth

While it's true that we've added a lot of talent, this is year one for Dorsey. Rome wasn't built in a day. And as such, while the starters are a lot stronger in many areas, the depth is something that will improve over time. In a couple of years, we should be able to lose some starters without devastating consequences.

You always take a step back when you lose a starter at any position. But until you have the time to build your entire roster, those step back will be far more apparent. That's where we are at the present time. I would point to the OL and secondary as prime examples of that.

Every team suffers injuries. Teams that have had some continuity are better equipped to handle those injuries. We aren't there yet. And in the game of football, there WILL BE injuries!

Schedule

I look at our schedule and as tough as it looked when it first came out, it doesn't look that tough to me now. lol

But what I think our fans need to keep in mind is this..... When a team has more than one year in a system, they begin to develop continuity. I think we even see a hint of it in preseason with our D. Even if their system is new, if their roster is relatively stable, there's a familiarity there you simply can not achieve by bringing in players. It's something that's built over time.

But with QB's like Big Ben, Brees, Matt Ryan, David Carr, Cam and even David Carr, your playing against opponents that have multiple years with their WR's and or systems.

You gain familiarity with those who surround you to the point you almost know what they're going to do before they even do it. That takes time and chemistry that isn't built in a few short months.

I agree with many who say we're a better team. I agree we've added a lot of talent. But I also see the hurdles and limitations we will face along the way. There's a good chance that we may be entering a new era for our team and the future. But we've just begun the journey and aren't anywhere near the finish line yet.
I'll say 5-7 games, so I'll settle on 6.

That is also the most optimistic I've been in at least a half decade.

p.s. I wouldn't rule out us "shocking the world" as was alluded to last season.

Posted By: myka Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 04:07 PM
We have the talent for 11-5, but the team needs time to gel.

If we win game 1 vs the Steelers, I think we go 9-7 on the season, if the refs give it to them, 6-10, if we lose a close hard fought battle with no ref shenanigans, 7-9.

So mushing that all together I'll go: 8-8
5...but very competitive in 9 of the other 11. 2 stinkers and 2 last-minute-ish losses.
Pit mentioned continuity in his OP. I think the team has some of that defensively in year two under Williams. At least with the front 7. In the back of the defense, I just think we're more talented than we were last year. How much more remains to be seen. Overall the team has to reduce third down conversions and get more takeaways.

Taylor will take care of the ball. The maddening turnovers from last season should be lessened. The receiving talent is improved throughout that whole unit. Haley has undoubtedly held his cards close to his vest so we haven't seen the full potential of this offense. Part of that means not abandoning the run game. The defense should keep scoring close enough to make that possible.

6 to 8 wins.
6-8 and if that happens it will be a massive turn around from 0-16
Pittsburgh - LOSS - they're the best offense in the NFL and they own us
at New Orleans - LOSS - tough road game against a HOF QB
NY Jets - WIN - this better be a win for Hue's sake.
at Oakland - LOSS - they'll be desperate for a win and will have Mack by then.
Baltimore - WIN - toss up game but I'll give us the win at home.
LA Chargers - LOSS - when in doubt pick the better QB. They have more talent.
at Tampa Bay - LOSS - Winston will be back and they have a good offense and DL.
at Pittsburgh - LOSS - I just hope Baker isn't subjected to playing in this game.
Kansas City - LOSS - toss up game probably, but they have a good offense.
Atlanta - LOSS - it'll be tough to defend them and their defense is improved.
at Cincinnati - LOSS - toss up game, but it's on the road. They've looked good in preseason.
at Houston - LOSS - as long as Watson's healthy. Their defense is stout too.
Carolina - LOSS - Our run defense is tested here, but we lose a close one.
at Denver - LOSS - mostly because it's at Denver and we struggle there since ... ever.
Cincinnati - WIN - tossup division game, this time we take it.
at Baltimore - LOSS - they still have a shot at the playoffs, we wrap up a top 3 draft pick.

So, that gives us ... 3 total wins, a fired head coach, a top draft pick to select a LT, and more futility.

I was higher on us about a month ago than right now ... I'm afraid that Tyrod isn't the answer and the wheels will come off once hope is lost.

JMO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 04:40 PM
Well obviously Taylor isn't "the answer" or we wouldn't have drafted Baker.

But he's not one to turn the ball over and is an average starter at best. That's far better than anything we've had in a long time at the position.

If you just look at ball security and a better D I think we end up with better than 3 wins.
I will say 5-11.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:02 PM
What happened two games?
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:09 PM

Conservative logic says 5 games and I get all the reasons why.

But since, if I am in error I don't get the pit of misery:

I say nine wins.

I like what I have seen. Even though I have seen next to nothing of Tyrod.

What I have seen is the defense. And I think they are for real.

In fact I believe they will shock some teams.

The offense most likely will struggle until find their stride.

With that said defense can win games and I really like our defense.
I feel like this is our year to come back strong. I predict we win the division and make the playoffs. 12 wins.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:15 PM
Six wins
best case 8-8, realistically prob 5-11. Dilly Dilly
5-8 wins.

I'm feeling pretty good about this team. The defense looks like it could be really good. That's always a nice place to start. Taylor isn't going to turn the ball over. That alone would have given us a couple of wins last year. I also think that we'll be able to run the ball. Our %$#^*() Kicker (thanks Todd Haley, you *&%$#!!) cost us a game last year. I think he'll be much better this year.

So. I see 5 or more wins.
5-6 wins. I posted all the reasons in the Optimistic thread.

There is at least one thing that I didn't mention on that thread, though. I think the schedule is pretty damn hard. I know that "it's a new year, blah, blah, blah..." but it does look pretty rough.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:39 PM
I'm going with 7-9. Just because. Still a losing record, but also just enough to keep the "wait 'til next year" vibe.

After all, we wouldn't want people to stop arguing on this board. What would we possibly do with ourselves?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:45 PM
Pittsburgh - LOSS -
at New Orleans - Win - I think we win one of the first 2.
NY Jets - WIN -
at Oakland - Loss
Baltimore - WIN -
LA Chargers - LOSS -
at Tampa Bay - Win -
at Pittsburgh - LOSS -
Kansas City - LOSS -
Atlanta - LOSS -
at Cincinnati - Win -
at Houston - LOSS -
Carolina - Win -
at Denver - LOSS -
Cincinnati - WIN -
at Baltimore - LOSS -

5 or 6 wins. 2 wins against Cinci will be tough but it's doable.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 05:59 PM
Man .... are u in for an AWESOME SUPRISE!!!

BANK IT dawg ...

thumbsup
6 & 10, perhaps 5 & 11.

I hope we can do better than that but that's sure better than last year!
Originally Posted By: bonefish
What happened two games?

I was thinkin' the same thing! laugh
I'm stoked for the season, I just hope they win the damn opener! I went very high in my prediction because If I say 7 they win 5, if I say 5, they win 3... So 12. I say they win 12.
[q brownie uote=DiamDawg]Man .... are u in for an AWESOME SUPRISE!!!

BANK IT dawg ...

thumbsup [/quote] i'm counting on you Diam
7-9
All the time I'm swimming in the waves of talent and tanning in optimism!
10 win 7 loss lose the wildcard game.
if the Browns defense can make Big Ben miss games this year its a 8 win team.
if not I see 6 wins.
The 1st 2 games are true barometers for the defense.
no way does Taylor out play Brees or Ben so special teams and defense have to play big.
come out 2 and 0 its a 10 win season.
but I dont see it.
Greg Williams big ego will want him to try to blitz Ben and Drew and they will pick the defense apart.
the Saints defense is really underated.great secondary.
the Browns will play most teams close.
6 wins. 2 in the North which is a start.
I'm gonna say 7 wins and like 10 games will be decided by 7 points or less
Posted By: eotab Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 08:04 PM
As usual...

16-0

Why change now that we are actually getting closer...lol laugh
Posted By: Milk Man Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 08:47 PM
My prediction is 6-10.

3-3 in the division.

A non-double digit loss season would be much better and I don't think that's a completely unreasonable expectation given the talent on the roster. And honestly, 6-7 wins is setting the bar real high.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 08:51 PM
6-10
Posted By: TTTDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 08/31/18 09:06 PM
I'll include preseason games as well........

After it's all said and done.....

21-2 nanner nanner nanner
Barring significant injury...

10-6 or 9-7

and our first Super Bowl appearance ever....
Posted By: Hamfist Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 12:03 AM
5-11, 6-10 if we get some good bounces of the ball. Even though I feel this team is better than last year’s, the schedule is just really tough.
2-14

With a decent head coach this should be a 7-9 team at the very least.

Hugh is NO head coach. He is an embarrassment.
Why be a downer, I think they could be "worse" than last year,

I'll be happy for any success they get, but until I see it, why should I believe it.
LOL............you always "like" your own posts.
Posted By: Dave Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 12:41 AM
6-7 wins.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:36 AM
13-3 and we beat ATL in the Super Bowl.

Wake me up when this dream is over.
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

I'll wake you up when we're 0-4 and your prediction doesn't hold water smile
Posted By: CalDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:47 AM
11 wins. The D will be freakish. Our run game will work and and Haley and Tyrod along with a stable of talent will keep us in it.

GO BROWNS!

brownie
Posted By: sk8termom Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:49 AM
5-11

Pittsburgh - LOSS -
at New Orleans - LOSS
NY Jets - WIN -
at Oakland - Loss
Baltimore - LOSS
LA Chargers - LOSS -
at Tampa Bay - Win -
at Pittsburgh - LOSS -
Kansas City - LOSS -
Atlanta - LOSS -
at Cincinnati - Win -
at Houston - WIN
Carolina - LOSS -
at Denver - LOSS -
Cincinnati - WIN -
at Baltimore - LOSS -
Realistically .. I think 6 - 10 .. with luck, the right bounces, with few to no major injuries 10 - 6.

it is what it is...
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

I'll wake you up when we're 0-4 and your prediction doesn't hold water smile

Let him sleep.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 04:30 AM
6-10, give or take a win or two.

We need another year of growth, at least. If 47 things go right, we might get 9 wins and challenge for a wildcard, but I doubt it.

Could happen, though.
I think we end up somewhere between 7-9 to 9-7. I think our defense will shine this year and that our offense won't really hit stride until game 7 or so.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 10:00 AM
It starts with the opener. We'll find out how prepared this team is and it will set the tone for the remaining games.

7 is the correct number. For me, it is more about losses being the measure. We can't lose 10 games if we want this thing to remain the same.

7 wins isn't being unrealistic, nor is expecting to not lose 10 games.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 11:42 AM
6 and 10
Posted By: jfanent Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
It starts with the opener. We'll find out how prepared this team is and it will set the tone for the remaining games.

7 is the correct number. For me, it is more about losses being the measure. We can't lose 10 games if we want this thing to remain the same.

7 wins isn't being unrealistic, nor is expecting to not lose 10 games.

I agree with this. I think Hue needs to avoid double digit losses to keep his job, and I hope he does. I'd love to go into 2019 with optimism based on results and performance, not just what's on paper (or on the island, lol).
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:33 PM
IMO, if we follow 1-31 with 6-10, that's a very good turnaround, and depending on other factors, it shouldn't get Hue fired.
Posted By: eotab Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 01:40 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
As usual...

16-0

Why change now that we are actually getting closer...lol laugh

I would like to add this "SERIOUS" prediction...football guy talking not Homer.

The Browns win their Division for the first time in a LONG TIME! wink
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
2-14

What's the over under on when Jackson is canned? If we start out 0-4 he better be gone ASAP!
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/01/18 03:14 PM
4 win season.
Posted By: The Beast Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 12:35 AM
6 and 10. 2 and 4 in the division.
I don't know how to read this team yet.

I see real tangible improvement across the board, and I think will turn to Bake if the season turns sour early. I think the defense will be top 5 this year we have the pieces to be real special on that side of the ball. If MG stays healthy he will absolutely light up QB's.

That should help an offense that will struggle with TT as our starter. They may not be saying it but I think Bake will start by mid season, I think he is ready to play I really do. I could have never said the same about our 1st round picks of the past. Oh and I don't see us suffering with him starting either in fact he will be a huge improvement over TT.

A true guess on my part 8-8 I think the defense will be the force that carries this team early I really do, and health always plays a roll, but I see huge improvements in depth so unlike in the past will be able to absorb injuries better then I can remember. The drop off won't be as bad because of the depth actually being able to play.

8-8 and maybe better, this is the season where we turn this thing around I truly believe that.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 10:20 AM
9-7 & wild card
Posted By: jfanent Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
9-7 & wild card

I think this is a real (though remote) possibility. We have yet to have a season where some lucky breaks went our way....Lord knows we're looooong overdue. If we win the 5-6 games that most here seem to think and then catch a lucky break or two in a few others, we can do that.

A team or two manage to do this unexpectedly every year. I'm not expecting it, but it can and does happen with regularity.
The Lions and Falcons in 2016 were predicted to finish near the bottom. Last year it was the Bills and the Jags.
Posted By: kwhip Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
9-7 & wild card

I think this is a real (though remote) possibility. We have yet to have a season where some lucky breaks went our way....Lord knows we're looooong overdue. If we win the 5-6 games that most here seem to think and then catch a lucky break or two in a few others, we can do that.

A team or two manage to do this unexpectedly every year. I'm not expecting it, but it can and does happen with regularity.
The Lions and Falcons in 2016 were predicted to finish near the bottom. Last year it was the Bills and the Jags.

Yeppers. And NONE of these worst to first teams EVER brought in the talent that we have in ONE single year.
You might want to research what Jax did in the two seasons before they made that big turn around.

Posted By: kwhip Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You might want to research what Jax did in the two seasons before they made that big turn around.

I know EXACTLY what they did.

Falls right into what I said.
You are starting to worry me.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 03:05 PM

I agree with what you stated.

As I stated earlier I could see nine wins.

This defense is going to shock some teams. I know about pre season and what it means. However, when you watch the Eagle game, Lions and Bills. It is no mirage.

This defense is going to get after people.

Tyrod? I truly don't know. He played very little and it is hard to forecast how he will play with this offense.
The pre-season showed little of Duke and I believe he will be used heavy both in pass and run. Obviously Gordon changes the passing attack.

So, offensively I don't believe we have seen much of what they can do. Haley for sure has kept much secret.

Mayfield is breathing down TT neck. Very encouraged by what I have seen both on the field and the way he handles himself. My hope is TT plays well. I want Baker to sit. However, if he does get the call I think he will handle it.

Injury is always a key factor. Not only to us but the teams we play. If teams on our schedule lose key guys and we don't. It is just as important as our health. Depth is crucial. We are better prepared then before.

There are many unknowns with all teams. Rosters change a lot every year. Last year is history. Tomorrow a mystery. New guys will step forward. Old stars will fall.
Posted By: edromeo Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 10:00 PM
An ambitious 7-9
ditto... 7-9... more entertaining than last year.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/02/18 11:36 PM
8-8
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I feel like this is our year to come back strong. I predict we win the division and make the playoffs. 12 wins.

After my over optimistic (don't jynx us) prediction above, I explained that we always do worse than I predict so I'm going high.

After cuts and shuffling Day 1, I'm giving my realistic (what I really think) prediction of 6-7 wins. AND at least one of those wins will be against the Steelers.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/03/18 01:05 AM
BTW:

I'm saying 6-10 but I'm not giving up on the playoffs, either.

That's not how I operate.
I'm rolling with 8-8, maybe even 9-7.

With Williams and Haley I expect to see 4 full quarters of football from both sides of the ball. My hope is that we are done seeing "let's count the ways we can outsmart ourselves" football.

With TT, we don't need him to do anything fancy or be a QB that he isn't. We have enough play makers capable of taking it to the house on offense that all he needs to worry about is getting the ball in to their hands.
Posted By: thriller Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/05/18 02:56 PM
6 - 10 most likely....
Our biggest issue is not the talent we are putting on the field but the psychological issues associated with going 1 - 31 over the last 2 years. I doubt many of our players truly believe we can win.... it's a hard cycle to break man..

But.... if we find a way to win Sunday's game, the first of the year, against a division opponent who has dominated us for years, we may catch lightening in a bottle and win 10.
Quote:
My hope is that we are done seeing "let's count the ways we can outsmart ourselves" football.

I just love how many guys talk big when they are criticizing the play calling, yet when opportunities present themselves, as in the Steeler Breakdown thread, they are nowhere to be found.

Most of you playcalling critics have no idea about play calls, schemes, terminology, etc. You just bark loud when you don't like a particular coach.
Posted By: cbusBrown Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/06/18 12:48 AM
the Browns are a mentally fragile team and their first 4 games will really set the tone. They could come out of their first 4 games at 2-2, and if so they will maintain their positive vibe. A start of 1-3 or especially 0-4, they can and will fold. A losing culture has chains that are hard to break!
With that being said, the Browns will be 4-12.

Go Browns!
I think we finish 5-11 but show signs of major improvement
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
2-14

What's the over under on when Jackson is canned? If we start out 0-4 he better be gone ASAP!

Hilarious! Were you here last year?
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/06/18 04:06 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic.

I cannot emphasize enough how much we miss Joe. I would LOVE to have JT at LT and Bitonio at LG which I think is his better position. Oh well, we have to move on. One of my concerns is lack of depth. If Corbett gets hurt, then I'm not quite sure what we do.. either Harrison who is Bitonio's backup, Neary who is a center and hasn't played with the team yet or possibly Robinson who is Hubbard's backup or we raid the PS for Kyle Kalis.. Oy Vey..

Our QB's CANNOT hold on to the ball very long.. we need disciplined play and route runners. we don't have the depth to play sloppy, if we do, we lose. our starters need to stay healthy and play well.

I think Vegas is on target at over under 5.5, the question is over or under.

I think 6
Posted By: kwhip Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/07/18 04:01 PM
Man, you guys are some TOUGH CRACKERS.

I understand. You need to SEE to BELIEVE. That's cool.

MY PREDICTION.

This has NOTHING to do with Bell's absence. I would still predict the Browns are going to POP Pittsburgh this Sunday. And GOOD!

31-17

I look across this defense and we've got ALOT of guys going into year 2 of this D. And even though we haven't SEEN it yet, the Secondary has been severely upgraded in TALENT.

I thought for sure that Carrie was going to be our #2 behind Ward. Very happily surprised by what Mitchell has done to capture that spot. Having Boddy-Calhoun and Gaines ahead of Currie is a good thing. Boddy's listed as the back-up FS, but he will be in on ALOT of Nickel and Dime packages.

No more FS lining up in Lake Erie. Peppers closer to the LOS. I saw a TON of Corners tight to the LOS this preseason. EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

Garrett's healthy. HUGE ADVANTAGE US. He's even said he played all last year at less than 100%. The Loss of Kendricks SUCKS, but this Avery Kat looks every bit the part along with 3 VET Starters.

This D could be superb going forward.

Offense. Across the board CRAZY ASS upgrades including the one position we have been searching for since 99. Taylor brings STABILITY and BALL CONTROL. Ball Protection. With the plethora of weapons we've got he CANNOT dink and dunk or we will see Mayfield sooner than anyone wants to believe.

It's INSANE how we go from an Opening Day WR core of Britt, Louis and Higgins to Gordon, Landry, Higgins and Callaway. That's what I call EXPLOSIVE!

Jeeezuz. Add Njoku and Duke to that? My Gawd, Defenses can't cover EVERYONE.

We've got a solid 1-2 punch at RB also.

Getting Haley is going to be a HUGE positive allowing Jackson to be HC ONLY. You guys can STOMP on Jackson all you want from the past 2 years, but his tenure here STARTS NOW.

I keep looking at our schedule and there is not ONE TEAM that intimidates me. NOT ONE.

Our 2 toughest are AT New Orleans Game 2 and AT Houston Game 12. By that time we should be firing on all cylinders.

This is a PREDICTION THREAD. Therefore MY PREDICTION is we come out and send a MESSAGE to Pittsburgh Sunday and beat them handily. This will be the major turn for us.

We then go to New Orleans and if I'm correct in them looking to week 3 and a much anticipated match up with Division Rival Atlanta, we could POP them by surprise.

I'm calling this RIGHT NOW.

We will be 6-4 in the first 10, then comes the Bye Week and we finish 4-2.

THAT'S 10-6 DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got them going anywhere from 4-12 to 7-9

However it's a new day and hope springs eternal so I'll go high side and 6-10.

Just an additional comment... I'm surprised by how many say 3 or 4 or 5 wins... In all honesty, do you really believe that, or are you just trying not to disappoint yourself?

Some food for thought.

If the Bills made the playoffs last year, why can't we?

Granted before last year the Bills were 7-9, 7-9, and 8-8 the past 3 years so it's not like they made leaps and bounds. However, they did hire a new HC for last year. So they all had new things to learn...

Tyrod was their quarterback and it's been said that he has a better supporting cast this year than he's ever had. The Bills defense was ranked 26th, I believe, while we were ranked 14th... we didn't win a game, and we've improved.

So we have a better supporting cast and a better defense... if everything flows through the quarterback, why couldn't we be at least 9-7 or better?

Forget the strength of schedule, our schedule is always going to be more difficult because everyone beats us. At least one other team in our division is probably not going to make the playoffs. Another team on our schedule is probably going to finish with 5 wins when they've been predicted to make the playoffs. Things will happen (even to us). I'll admit playing the AFC West and the NFC South are 2 of the more difficult divisions, but every division is difficult...

So... why not us? Why can't we do as the Dolphins did who went from 1 win to 11 wins? Why can't we win 10 or 11? What is holding us back?

My question is rhetorical. My point is that there's no reason why we can't make the playoffs. There's no excuse of an 0-16 would never be able to make the playoffs the following year. 3 or 4 or 5 wins would be an improvement in record only. There's no reason this team can't win 10+ games. None. Zero.

Bless'm.
I truly believe we are a team that will win between 3-5 games, mostly because we have a QB who is below average (which is still an upgrade for us). Our offense will struggle IMO.
Posted By: eotab Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/07/18 08:54 PM
Man, you guys are some TOUGH CRACKERS.

I'm flat out nervous like never before.

Is it TWUE, Is it TWUE?

Posted By: kwhip Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/07/18 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I truly believe we are a team that will win between 3-5 games, mostly because we have a QB who is below average (which is still an upgrade for us). Our offense will struggle IMO.

In MY opinion, you're guarding yourself from disappointment. Which is cool.

Can you honestly sit and look at the weapons we have on offense and not see the potential? Even with Taylor for now?
Posted By: ThomasE Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/07/18 09:38 PM
4-12 at most...hope i'm wrong, but they still have to learn how to win
There have been so many changes in personal, in a positive way.
I must admit, wasn't a fan of Hue as play caller with the talent he had to work with last two years.
He was part of the problems as he did not protect the turn over machine of Kizer.

However, as head coach he appears to be coming into his own. As someone mentioned, his clock can start now as far as I'm concerned.
Adding Haley who is complimentary to Williams coaching style I think is a great fit.
Let alone understanding Pittsburgh's strength and weaknesses.

So my prediction goes 6-7 wins. Quite honestly, if they can get there, it could be even better.
However, I'm going to Biloxi, Ms tomorrow to put my money on the over of 5.5
I'll be at the New Orleans game week two to see first hand. After all, we are 3-0 n the Superdome smile

Its been a long time coming, lets go Dawgs!
I would be perfectly happy with 6-10. I fully expect them to start out slow. Not only do we have a new offense, but we have a completely new QB room and aside from Duke an entirely new RB room. We have an undrafted rookie playing left tackle and two wide receivers that could be suspended or lose their minds at any time... Starting slow seems to be a given. But if they stick together and weather the storm I think this team could play some good football later in the year. 5 or 6 wins is fine. Stick with everyone, add some more talent next year and we should make the playoffs or at least come very close. We are on the right track. Getting Dorsey was very wise. I like how he is building this team. Getting Landry was a big deal. We finally have a wr that WANTS it! That demands others around him want it too.

We need to play great D, run the football at a high level and don't turn the ball over. If we do play good football even if we don't win a lot I think we should resign Tyrod. Let Baker earn the job. If he beats out Tyrod then we have a great backup. Always a plus. Ask the Eagles. If not then he sits another year and we see if he can win it year 3.
nrtu

5 wins - we beat Pit in game 1, then 7
5-11
Posted By: Swish Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/09/18 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
5-11

don't you mean 5-10-1?
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/09/18 09:58 PM
Well, everyone is wrong now.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/09/18 10:02 PM
Yep, nobody called a tie
unless we tie again this season.
15-1-0
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
15-1-0

Nice math skills. Seeing as we are 0-0-1 right now. I bet you do your own taxes too?
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
unless we tie again this season.

??????

Then we'd be X-X-2 crazy
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

That is not true. Some people just predicted our win total. For example, I said 5 or 6. We're still alive.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

That is not true. Some people just predicted our win total. For example, I said 5 or 6. We're still alive.

I'm just yanking your chain but.... 5.5, 6.5?
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/11/18 12:34 AM
We're on track for 0-0-16
Posted By: Tulsa Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/11/18 12:36 AM

Then Hue would be 1-31-16.

A new record!
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

A new record!

Call me crazy, but a sick part of me would LOVE this to happen.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: 2018 Browns win/loss Prediction Thread - 09/11/18 12:51 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

A new record!

Call me crazy, but a sick part of me would LOVE this to happen.

We can only hope this isn’t contagious.
© DawgTalkers.net