DawgTalkers.net
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...ams/1404157002/

Le’Veon Bell’s standoff with the Pittsburgh Steelers has stretched into the third week of the NFL season, and the team may now be looking to for a clean break from the saga.

According to ESPN, the Steelers are now listening to trade offers for the all-pro running back who has remained away from the team throughout the offseason and into September. Bell, 26, has refused to sign the franchise tender the Steelers gave him in March, which marked the second season in a row the team had exercised the tag.

In both instances, the Steelers and Bell could not agree to terms on a long-term contract by a July deadline. So Bell’s options are limited in that he can report, sit out or see if the Steelers decide to trade him.

Last season, Bell touched the ball 406 times for 1,946 yards from scrimmage and 11 total touchdowns. In recent interviews, Bell’s agent, Adisa Bakhari, has hinted that Bell’s holdout may be related to his usage in Pittsburgh – especially with the potential for his client to hit the open market in the likely scenario that the Steelers refuse to issue a third-consecutive franchise tag or reach a long-term deal in the offseason.

The franchise tag Bell has refused to sign is worth $14.5 million. With each week he misses, he forfeits $855,000.

In Bell’s absence, the Steelers have been relying on second-year running back James Conner, who has registered 257 total yards and three touchdowns in two starts.

ps. lots of rumors surrounding the Browns & Duke & draft picks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steel...-landing-spots/

Le'Veon Bell has skipped the Steelers' first two regular-season games and it remains unclear when he'll rejoin the team. And now, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bell may have already played his last game for Pittsburgh because the Steelers are listening to trade offers.

There's still plenty to work out before we get to that point. First, Bell would have to sign his franchise tender before the Steelers could do anything. And it's hard to imagine he'd put pen to paper without an agreement on a long-term deal from his new team that the Steelers refused to give him.

MORE ON THE NFL
Concern grows over Ben Roethlisberger's close ties to Randy Fichtner, Steelers' play-calling
There's also the matter of compensation; Pittsburgh would almost certainly get a third-round compensatory pick should they hold onto Bell for the rest of this season and let him hit free agency in the spring. (Assuming, of course, Bell shows up before Week 10 and signs his tender. If Bells holds out beyond Week 10, he's barred from playing in 2018 and he wouldn't be eligible for free agency.) And Pittsburgh will almost certainly want something more than a third-round pick to trade Bell.

As it stands, Bell is forfeiting $855,000 a week to hold out. His plan is to save wear and tear on his body and avoid injury this season so he can earn the money he feels he's due in 2019. It's worth noting that Bell reportedly turned down a $60 million deal before the 2017 season and a $70 million deal over the summer. And at one point this offseason, he was reportedly looking to Antonio Brown money -- $17 million a year.

And while Bell is well within his rights to demand what he thinks he's worth, it's something else entirely to find a team willing to pay it. But Bell is one of the league's most dynamic players, and as the old saying goes, it's only takes one. So, assuming the logistics of getting him to sign his tender is uncomplicated, who might those potential suitors be?

Colts
The Colts have the 22nd-ranked rushing offense, according to Football Outsiders, and a playmaker like Bell would make life immeasurably easier for Andrew Luck. Rookie Jordan Wilkins currently leads the team in rushing with 101 yards on 24 carries.

Jets
The Jets have the 30th-ranked rushing offense and there is no better friend for a rookie quarterback than a stout running game. Sam Darnold got 102 yards from Isaiah Crowell in Week 1 but the offense sputtered in Thursday night's loss to the Browns.

49ers
San Francisco has been replacement-level in the run game (16th overall) but it lost Jerick McKinnon before the season. McKinnon signed a four-year, $30 million deal before the season but the 49ers can get out from under it for only $2 million in dead cap space next offseason. Put another way: They can easily afford to add Bell.

Texans
Deshaun Watson has looked rusty in his first two starts, and while the running game has been efficient (sixth overall through two weeks) Bell would give the passing game another legit target after DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller.

Browns
Cleveland has plenty of playmakers but when you have one win in 635 days you're in no position to ignore adding another one. Not only that, but Bell would be a welcome addition in the backfield now that Baker Mayfield is expected to be the starting quarterback. Carlos Hyde and Nick Chubb are mostly runners, and Duke Johnson is the pass-catching threat, but Bell is an upgrade over all three.

The five teams mentioned above, in addition to the Jaguars, Titans and Cowboys, all have at least $12 million in cap space available to add Bell, who is currently owed $11.98 million on the balance of his 2018 franchise tender, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
Another diva that wants its all plus more.. Let someone else kill their cap trying to make him happy for a couple years. One hit and he's another Jimmy G. Just not worth the risk.
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
One hit and he's another Jimmy G. Just not worth the risk.

Can’t this be said about literally every player?
This was discussed on Mike and Mike.

A big thing to remember is that if someone trades for Bell, they cannot negotiate a long term deal. Not until the day after the season ends. That team will be able to talk to him before other teams can, but not during the season, and not while deciding whether or not to trade for him. Similar to a one year rental we see in the NBA.

The other thing that came up was compensation. Don't think Pitts has announced anything, but the thinking by the "experts" was that if Pitt lets him walk after the season they would like get a 3rd round comp pick in 2020. So at least a 4th round pick in 2019 would get him now.
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan
One hit and he's another Jimmy G. Just not worth the risk.

Can’t this be said about literally every player?

Yea but few cost what he wants..
If the 49ers season didn’t get blown up, they would make a lot of sense. The team that traded for him has to have be good, have cap space, and a need at running back. There are not many teams that fill that criteria.
what about the Packers?
I saw that CBS.Sportsline article where the writer suggested mostly AFC teams, including the Browns. I don't think the Steelers are the type of franchise that would take the highest bidder regardless of conference and division. The Browns could offer a 1st and the Steelers would still have to debate taking a 3rd from an NFC team.

Plus, after reading CapCity's comments, I'm not sure who would trade for a guy they can't extend. Heck, I'm not sure Bell wants that either because he'd be in the same situation he's in now. At least with the Steelers he has a chance at an extension.

I guess I hope the Steelers eventually cave, he begins taking it easy and then the contract screws them over for years. Meh, not our problem I guess.
You can take Cleveland off that list for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, the ONLY reason we're on that list is how much cap space we have. Secondly, there is absolutely no way that the Steelers trade him inside the Division for anything approaching anything reasonable. Lastly, we just drafted Chubb and are paying Hyde - and RB has not been a weakness for us.
Send them Taylor and a 2nd round pick for him.
I was reading a 24/7 sports article, and they suggested Duke and the Pats 3nd for Bell.

I laughed for quite a while.
At almost a million a week in fines, this failure to communicate seems to be a self-correcting problem.

Not sure you want this head case here. We have a lot of things in front of us already with BM and all.
I don't want him period.

We have plenty of weaponry that's "team first" people in our RB room.
You can all it a fine I guess but it's actually what his salary would be if he had signed the tender and played. He's not under contract so there are no actual fines involved.
Pitsborg will want to send a message of some sort for this black eye Bell has given them. No offer & sit. Just let the fine run and bleed him until he knuckles (if he does). Or settle for less if you want a deal. What is a realistic timeframe for him to settle and salvage the season? Already too late?

I cannot imagine him being here. This would be like Dez Squared.
I believe you need six games to accrue a season in the NFL. That would indicate he'll return in week 10 if he does at all. By playing an accrued season it will mean the Steelers can't franchise tag him again since this is the second time they've done it if I'm not mistaken.
OK. Sorry I didn't see this before the post here. I see the distinction. As long as he is getting spanked for some serious cash somehow, Then I am OK with it.

Dallas and Jones seem to want all the misfits and issue players. Or more of them than most.
Yeah, but they have Zeke. They have no use for Bell at a huge asking price when they have Zeke on his rookie deal.

So yeah, Bell is getting spanked, but he's spanking himself. I guess some people are into that kind of thing though from what I've heard. lol
He sits til game 9 .... he’ll report as late as he can for game 10 ... that’s when he has to report so he can become an unrestricted FA at the end of the season ....

They can’t negotiate anything right now money wise for Bell .... he has an offer for right around 850k a game on the table as defined by the franchise player rules in the CBA ...

There’s nothing going on right now but waiting ....

I dont see how the Stilers can trade him .... they won’t get much for him at all cause the other team can’t even talk to him about a new contract til this years done ...

It doesn’t seem like they they thought this one through all the way through ... they may have opened a window to talk to other teams about contracts to facilitate trades .... the player automatically gets control cause if they don’t want to go somewhere they just say hell no to any salary ....
The raiders ... wink
That would be so Raideresque to trade away Khalil Mack and then sign Bell to a huge contract.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I believe you need six games to accrue a season in the NFL. That would indicate he'll return in week 10 if he does at all. By playing an accrued season it will mean the Steelers can't franchise tag him again since this is the second time they've done it if I'm not mistaken.

Dude's walking on thin ice if he waits til then. If they suspend him for a game or he sustains an injury he's SOL.

That said, does anyone know if you have to be put on IR to lose game accrual in this situation?
Le'Veon you blew it dude. You were set for life, now your throwing it away ala Josh Gorden. What an ass.
Originally Posted By: FATE

Dude's walking on thin ice if he waits til then. If they suspend him for a game or he sustains an injury he's SOL.

That said, does anyone know if you have to be put on IR to lose game accrual in this situation?

Only suspension would cost him an accrued season, if he signs and reports by game 10.
Browns Offense/ Defense Stats - Defense 13th Total Yards - 12th Pass Defense - 15th Run Defense - 11th Scoring Defense

Offense Stats - Offense 22nd Total Yards - 27th Pass Offense - 5th Run Offense - 19th Scoring Offense ... I really look for both sides of the ball to climb quickly ... NFL.COM
Red font stands for warning, and it's hard on the eyes. Could you switch it up? Just asking.
Sure I was thinking of just staying with the white smile
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

That would be good. smile
Is that Better guys? thumbsup
The bad thing is I thought it was Orange superconfused
j/c...

Manish Mehta Verified account
@MMehtaNYDN
BREAKING: #Jets reach out to Steelers to express interest in trading for disgruntled All-Pro RB Le’Veon Bell, per sources.

NYJ is going big-game hunting again.

Tweet
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Eh, the red never bothered me.
If he shows up for the tenth game, do they have to activate him? If he is not activated, does he still become a roster spot and accrue the season?

If I were them, I would let him come back and leave him inactive.
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
If he shows up for the tenth game, do they have to activate him? If he is not activated, does he still become a roster spot and accrue the season?

If I were them, I would let him come back and leave him inactive.

If he shows up, he accrues service time.
Le'Veon Bell - RB - Steelers

The New York Daily News reports the Jets have "reached out" to the Steelers about acquiring holdout unsigned franchise player Le'Veon Bell.

Per reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets have "not made a concrete offer," but they believe the Steelers are "serious" about trading their running back. ESPN's Adam Schefter first reported Bell was available on Sunday. The Jets are the first team to be linked.

Related: Jets

Source: New York Daily News Sep 24 - 3:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

@MMehtaNYDN
BREAKING: #Jets reach out to Steelers to express interest in trading for disgruntled All-Pro RB Le’Veon Bell, per sources.

Tweet
Thats the AFC team I've guessed for a while
The sooner they get rid of him the sooner they can start repairing the broken locker room.
You think the locking room cleansing is worth letting him fo now and losing your insurance policy for Connor for only a 3rd or 4th round pick? ...

U think they’ll get more than that .. if so, why?
Originally Posted By: Pittfan43
The sooner they get rid of him the sooner they can start repairing the broken locker room.

I'll have a "keep him all year", with a side salad please.
No thanks they can have him. That kind of money for a running back is just stupid. There is no way Dorsey would ever tie that much cap into a runner. I mean we already have a runner like him in Duke and we don't even use him the way we should.

Let the guy rot if a million dollars a game(almost) is not enough money for him.
So are you suggesting that would be a solid deal? Assume the Stoolies get to accept or reject that or would it be Bell?
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
So are you suggesting that would be a solid deal? Assume the Stoolies get to accept or reject that or would it be Bell?

If you are directing that question to me - no. If someone elects to trade for Bell, it is a gamble that it is just a rental for this season. His team cannot discuss a new contract until the day after the Super Bowl. They can talk to him before anyone else can, but still. A team cannot even talk to him now to see if he would be open to a long term deal so they can decide whether or not to make the trade.

Again, I do not know what the Stillers are looking for in exchange. Due to the gamble, I would not offer much. Also somewhat of a pain. And, RB is not a desparate need for us.
Could care less what Pittsburgh does ... tsktsk
Every other player is not making 14+ million a year.
That is only a handful, and in that case one must make sure they are signing the right player to a hefty contract.
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

@MMehtaNYDN

Tweet
Thats the AFC team I've guessed for a while

I was talking to my Jets buddy about this yesterday. It actually makes sense for them. They have a lot of cap room, and they've got Darnold on a rookie deal for a couple of years anyway. Give Bell that big contract he's looking for, and it takes the heat off of Darnold for a couple of years while he learns to be a top NFL QB. He'll have time to grow and adjust as defenses are forced to game-plan for Bell instead of him.

Then after a couple of years, the Bell deal expires and you give that money to Darnold. Draft a RB and place him behind your now seasoned QB.
I don't think anyone will question the talent that Bell brings to the table. But look around the Browns, what is the one single thing you see? I SEE TEAM FIRST thinking from everyone. From the guy who cleans the toilets to the Haslams and all points in between.

From what I can see, there is no room for or desire for a prima donna like Bell here.

Yes, he can help the team on the field, but off the field, He's looking more and more like trouble.

I don't think I'd want him here to infect the minds and hearts of the rest of the club...

No Thanks
j/c

The Colts should be aggressive with the Steelers. They have underwhelming RBs, and a QB that could use a good running game (all can, of course, but with Luck coming back from injury...). They have the cap room as well, and an additional 2nd rounder next year - they could offer up their 1st, the 2nd rounder from the Jets, and a future conditional pick (4th escalating to 1st depending on performance). Bell instantly makes the Colts a much better team.
I don't get how people actually thiknk this would be a decent idea.....

1. there is not chance he stays after this year
2. WE HAVE A VERY SOLID RB ROOM, whom our starter just ran for 98 and 2 td
3. Hes a headcase, and a suspension just waiting to happen, yeah lets go down that road again....

"we gotta get this guy!!"
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

3. Hes a headcase, and a suspension just waiting to happen, yeah lets go down that road again....

4. He runs ripshod on the Steeler defense, twice a year for the next 4 years. tongue
No divas.
Originally Posted By: clwb419
they could offer up their 1st, the 2nd rounder from the Jets, and a future conditional pick (4th escalating to 1st depending on performance). Bell instantly makes the Colts a much better team.

No one is giving up that much for a 26 year old running that they will then have to pay. Teams can't even sign him to an extension.

If the Steelers want him out of their hair, they can just rescind the franchise tag and let him become a free agent.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

4. He runs ripshod on the Steeler defense, twice a year for the next 4 years. tongue

That’s if you can sign him to an extension after the season
Thanks for explaining that so well. My offer would be for less than what he rejected if I bothered to get on board now. I would prefer to see where the market sets the bar for a player who IMO overvalues himself a bunch.

His situation seems bizarre.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

eh, have you seen photos of him in Miami? he has gained about 30 pounds it looks like. No thanks. we are paying what 10 million less for Hyde? lets say Hyde runs for 1000 yards and 8 Td....Bell runs for 1600 and 10 TD, is 10 million worth 600 yards and 2 Td? Nope.
At almost a million a week in fines, this failure to communicate seems to be a self-correcting problem.

Not sure you want this head case here. We have a lot of things in front of us already with BM and all.

I don't see it as a head case.

A few things to remember....the guy made a ton of money to this point. He could retire tomorrow and be good the next 60 years.

Backs know they have a shorter lifespan, and he gets used a lot.

Sitting out isn't going to decrease his value. A serious injury is going to decrease his value.

Emmett Smith did this with the Cowboys....a few losses change minds.

I think he and his agent are playing the best hand possible. He doesn't want 14 mil a year. He wants maybe 30 guaranteed over 3-4 years.....whatever the number is. Numbers are numbers. The guarantee is the only number than matters at this point in his career.
Quote:
I don't see it as a head case.

A few things to remember....the guy made a ton of money to this point. He could retire tomorrow and be good the next 60 years.

Imo...that alone makes him a head case... along with being greedy...

I just wish players played for the love of the game...

And I don't want to hear how they have short careers... I was buried a live in a ditch..told I was never going to walk or work again..

But hey ..you know me... I went through a lot...but never got no millions to be good for the next 60 years..

I have none...no..not any sympathy for any pro athlete who holds out.
Originally Posted By: clwb419
they could offer up their 1st, the 2nd rounder from the Jets, and a future conditional pick (4th escalating to 1st depending on performance). Bell instantly makes the Colts a much better team.

No one is giving up that much for a 26 year old running that they will then have to pay. Teams can't even sign him to an extension.

If the Steelers want him out of their hair, they can just rescind the franchise tag and let him become a free agent.

let me repeat, "they COULD offer up their 1st, the 2nd rounder from the Jets, and a future conditional pick (4th escalating to 1st depending on performance). Bell instantly makes the Colts a much better team. "

Nowhere did I say they should or would
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I think he and his agent are playing the best hand possible.
Based on the performance of James Conner to this point, I disagree. I think he misjudged his value to the Steelers and overplayed his hand.
Him and his agent are playing the best possible hand?

We’ll see about that ....

U say guaranteed money is the key ... i agree ... well the day he signs his tender whatever’s left of the contract becomes gauranteed ... si if he signed it the day before the first game he was gauranteed just over 14 million ...

As of today he’s down 2.5 mill ... after this week it will be 3.4 million ...

If he sits out and misses all 9 games he’s gonna be out just shy of 7.7 million ...

Then he will have to come back and be active for 7 games ...

Hes playing a dangerous game on many levels here .... and he’s gonna be out 7.7 mill of GAURANTEED MONEY ...

Him and his agent may have forgotten the shelf life of RB’s and the fact Bell’s oft injured and has been suspended not once but twice ... and now he’s managed to alienate his teammates ...

We’ll see how this plays out ...

I think he overplayed his hand ... we shall see ...
I agree with the numbers and with his talent. I just don't think it shows good thinking myself trying to figure his end game. I think head case because of money lost and games not played, assume because of ego and its demands. Maybe he is not and I am wrong. But I don't see a team guy contributing now.

It's a business.
Kind of says what I am feeling and struggling to get said. Seems to be hurting himself going forward, weakening the payoff to any solution, and the Stoolies are seeming finding some way to produce alternatives. Less money would seem to be more attractive to the FO. But they started this.
My opinion and maybe I'm wrong, but I still think Bell is the best back in the league. And it's really not close. I also don't think he cares about playing, he just wants the money. He's prepared to sit out the entire season in my opinion.

I can't say I side one way or another, I see both sides... but the Steelers had to have talked to him if they are listening to trade offers... It is my understanding they can't trade him unless he signs his tag.

I hear from some friends that they expect Bell to march in their week 11 and sign his tag so he can become a free agent. I'm not sure I buy that.

I don't think he cares about that. I think he's prepared to not play anywhere if he doesn't get paid by the steelers or some other team. So if the steelers play games with him and not allow him to become a free agent next year he very well could be done playing.

I also think that's why the steelers are interested in trading him. Someone will have to trade for him and be willing to pay him, all the while letting Bell know they will because he's not going to sign his franchise tag not knowing his fate.

That's how this whole thing makes sense to me.

If the steelers rescind the franchise tag he becomes a FA and the steelers get nothing, or Bell comes in week 11 and signs the franchise tag and he becomes a FA next season. Steelers are screwed either way and are opting to at least try and get something out of this fiasco.
Agreed Diam he seems to have overplayed... Persoanlly O dpnt get the math.

So he sits out 8 games and losses lets says 8,mil.

he is reportedly looking at AB money 17 a year for four years, I HEARD he was offered 14 a year ( not sure if that is true or not), assume that's true.

so he is losing 8 mil this year in the hopes of getting an extra 12 mil over the next four years, or 4 million more?

Seems a hefty gamble to potentially lose 64 mil.

IDK maybe my numbers are off or something.

I'm all for players trying to get what they are worth, but some of that worth has to be what the market sets not what the player feels he is worth.

Hell I think I'm worth 200,000 to my employer, they pay me much less.
Originally Posted By: texaslostdawg
Hell I think I'm worth 200,000 to my employer, they pay me much less.

Hold out. If you're really worth that much, they'll pay it. Or they'll just find a James Conner to do your work for you. wink
I'd say Gurley is the best RB right now ... he's VERY good

Bell is probably #2 ... but let's not forget: maybe Ben does make him that good
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg

Do you go to work for "the love of your job"?

Quote:
And I don't want to hear how they have short careers... I was buried a live in a ditch..told I was never going to walk or work again..

But hey ..you know me... I went through a lot...but never got no millions to be good for the next 60 years..

If you were one of only a few that could even begin to do your job and your company reaped millions upon millions of dollars for your work, you would make a lot more money.

Quote:

While I can certainly understand this, everyone wants to be paid what the market will bare. I'm not sticking up for Bell here either. But the NFL is a job, a profession for these guys. Just like your job is. I've never gone to work strictly for "the love of my job". I've always really liked the work I've done, but I always looked for the top pay in my profession.
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I think he and his agent are playing the best hand possible.
Based on the performance of James Conner to this point, I disagree. I think he misjudged his value to the Steelers and overplayed his hand.

I agree as' well. Seeing Conner, I think a lot of RB's could have success in Pittsburgh run scheme.

Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Him and his agent may have forgotten the shelf life of RB’s and the fact Bell’s oft injured and has been suspended not once but twice ... and now he’s managed to alienate his teammates ...

Yeppers! His teammates have HAD to lose some respect for him, if not a substantial amount of respect loss. Quite frankly, I think the O-LINE, specifically, is happily blocking for Conner.

In any case, glad it's not our drama to deal with first hand.
His O line went to war in public for him, and he returned the favor by spitting in their faces and not showing up.
Originally Posted By: Swish
His O line went to war in public for him, and he returned the favor by spitting in their faces and not showing up.

Yeah, that's not a good look for a teammate
The most the Steelers offered Le'Veon was 5 years, 70 mil, 35 guaranteed. Todd Gurley got 5 years, 60 mil and 45 guaranteed. I think Le'Veon is right. James Connor isn't blowing me away, and I think the line is better than last years.
if the issue is over the gaurantee, i don't see why they wouldn't offer bell the same contract Gurley got.

Mentioned yesterday the #Steelers final offer to RB Le’Veon Bell was 5 years, $70M. More context today: The fully guaranteed part was his signing bonus of just over $10M. He would’ve made $33M over the 1st two years — in a rolling guaranteed structure. $45M over the 1st 3 years.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 17, 2018
U sure about that ...

DeCastro played about a half so far this year .... he broke his hand in game 1 ... has a cast on it ... they thought he could play last week then he had a set back ...

Last week neither him nor Gilbert played ... thats the entire right side of the OL ... they lost Hubbard and didn’t replace him ...

Pretty sure the guys that have suited up for Pit week in and week out so far this year is not as good as last years OL seeing how its been missing part of last years OL including 40% of it for 33% of the time played ...

But thats just me .... wink ....

I’d take Gurley over Bell in a nano second ...

I’d take Johnson, Kamara, Zeke, Barclay and others over Bell ...

Put those guys in Pits O and see what they could do .... thumbsup
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg

Do you go to work for "the love of your job"?

Quote:

If you were one of only a few that could even begin to do your job and your company reaped millions upon millions of dollars for your work, you would make a lot more money.

Quote:

While I can certainly understand this, everyone wants to be paid what the market will bare. I'm not sticking up for Bell here either. But the NFL is a job, a profession for these guys. Just like your job is. I've never gone to work strictly for "the love of my job". I've always really liked the work I've done, but I always looked for the top pay in my profession.
Compltely agree with you Pit. I hear all the time "these players don't deserve that kind of money" ok....well the money needs to go somewhere. The teams are making the money, should the owners just keep 100% of the profits, and the players not reap any benefits from it?

I bet there are more people in Diesels line of work than there are in the NFL. It is an elite profession, that only a fractional amount of people on earth are talented enough to obtain. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me.
I agree with the numbers and with his talent. I just don't think it shows good thinking myself trying to figure his end game. I think head case because of money lost and games not played, assume because of ego and its demands. Maybe he is not and I am wrong. But I don't see a team guy contributing now.

It's a business.
Bell is thinking that if he plays this year for 14 mil or whatever that number is and gets a career ending injury, he will lose more in the long run that just this years salary. Hes playing the long game.

Let think this way. He signs his tender for 15 million or whatever it is, gets hurt and never earns another dollar again. ORRRRR, he can sit out and stay healthy, and earn 10-12 million a year guaranteed for the next 5 years.......its math bro.
Another point to the guys saying its about the money...it not just the money. its the status. Being the highest paid means you are the best player, typically. These are GLADIATORS of our time. They are ULTRA competitive with each other. So if Gurley gets deal A, then the guy who thinks he is better than Gurley is naturally going to want more to show he is worth more. Its a game.
I just think that sometimes people lose sight of who a players "real team" is. Their real team is exactly the same as ours.

At our home. Our team is our family. It's the player and his family that place at the top of the list. It's their future well being that the players are playing for. Not an NFL team or the love of the game. Those are nothing more than platitudes.

It's a business.
Bell is thinking that if he plays this year for 14 mil or whatever that number is and gets a career ending injury, he will lose more in the long run that just this years salary. Hes playing the long game.

Let think this way. He signs his tender for 15 million or whatever it is, gets hurt and never earns another dollar again. ORRRRR, he can sit out and stay healthy, and earn 10-12 million a year guaranteed for the next 5 years.......its math bro.

But he can't do that.

He has to be active for at least 6 games in order to accrued a year of service.

He'll pass up roughly $10 million in salary this year, that he will almost certainly never make up.

He could get hurt in week 16, ruining his free agency plans. In fact, he might be more likely to be injured since he has had no football activities at all. He could refuse to play, but the Steelers will then suspend him, and he will lose his year of service, and will then not be a free agent.

While I am glad he didn't, he should have played this year, put on a show, and made a fortune next off-season.

I have to think that many teams look for team first guys. Bell certainly does not appear to be one. He is an immense talent, though appears to be replaceable in Pittsburgh.

Last year, Bell had 1291 yards rushing, a 4.0 yard/rush average, and 9 TD. He had 3 runs of 20+ yards.

Thus far, Conner had 213 yards rushing, (on pace for 1136 yards) 3 TD, and 2 runs of 20+ yards already.

Bell had 85 catches for 655 yards, 7.7 yards/catch, and 2 TD, with 5 catches of 20+ yards.

Thus far, Conner has 15 catches for an average of 9.3 yards/catch, 1 catch of 20+ yards, and no TD catches yet.

Stats may not tell the whole story, but thus far, Conner appears to be a solid replacement for Bell. The team doesn't seem to miss him at all.
6 games or 16 games, which has the better chance of injury?

Bell had 400+ touches last year, do you not think that effects a player?

And do you not think that the Steelers, knowing he was out the door, were not going to run him into the ground this year if they could?

Bell is doing everything he is allowed to do, based on the NEGOTIATION of the NFL and Players Union. He is not doing a single thing WRONG in this case. If you don't agree with what he is doing, who are you to tell another man what he should or should not do with his life and a career?
Quote:
Thus far, Conner had 213 yards rushing, (on pace for 1136 yards) 3 TD, and 2 runs of 20+ yards already.
You realize Conner had 136 of those yards in week 1 right? Hes a bum, please do not try to say they are comparable in talent, or any football case you make from here on out will be suspect.

Quote:
Stats may not tell the whole story, but thus far, Conner appears to be a solid replacement for Bell. The team doesn't seem to miss him at all.
haha, yep, just lost all credibility.
The problem is this:

How many times does he have to put on a show before they pay up?

While I don’t like how bell played his o line, lets be clear here: he’s already proven over and over he’s the best back in the league. He’s already put up monster numbers in consecutive seasons.

If he goes out there and gets overused and injured then that payday you’re talking about never comes.

The reality is that bell should’ve been got paid, and the Steelers are playing games.
He overvalued himself ... the stilers aren’t MORONS ...

He’s been suspended TWICE and hes oft injured...

Hes gonna be 27 next year ... that’s OLD for a RB ...

He rolled the dice ... we’ll see what happens ...

Hes not the best back in football anymore ... you’d take him over gurley ... rofl ...

will

Conners not a bum ... not even close ...

Hes no bell ... but hes no bum either ...

U could dump a half dozen backs into that O right now and get as good or better results than u could with Bell ..

They all helped each oth3r be better ... and Bell is/was the EASIEST piece to replace ....

He rolled the dice ... we’ll see how it works out ...

I could really care less ... unless we sign him ... whoever signs him is making a HUGE MISTAKE in my book ...

Especially if what u said earlier was true and he’s gained some weight ... that goes to DESIRE to play the game .... if what u said is true ... thats a HUGE RED FLAG to potential long term suitors ...
I think it’s certainly debatable who is better between him and gurley.

I never claimed Conner is a bum, but he isn’t Bell, and it ain’t close.
Quote:
Conners not a bum ... not even close ...
Bum was mean, hes a solid BACKUP. But no way he is even near the talent bell is. Heck, he would be 4th string on our roster......just saying.

Quote:
U could dump a half dozen backs into that O right now and get as good or better results than u could with Bell ..
ehhhhhh, they haven't been running the ball great. Take away the game against us, and he has looked below average. Well below.

Quote:
whoever signs him is making a HUGE MISTAKE in my book ...
I am not saying it is not...I am saying that 1. He is his own man, and someone trying to tell a grown ass man what to do, or how to do it is ludicrous and 2. he is doing everything he is able to do under the collective bargaining agreement. he is not doing anything wrong here.
They ain’t been running the ball dude ....

Against KC they were down 21 - 0 after three possessions .... he had like 7 carries that game ....

Against TB they got down and then went up ... he only got 15 carries and had over 60 yarders ... 4 and change average ... thats not simply a back up ... there’s more than a few teams that would like to have him right about now ...

And i’d take him over Chubb in a HEARTBEAT ... I liked Chubb but he looks like he’s playing with a piano on his back .... his speed isn’t translating like i thought it would ... hope i’m Wrong ... but so far ... not impressed ...

Conner could start on more than a handful of teams and they’d be grateful ....

PS. Did u miss the part about the MISSING OLMAN so far this year .... wink
j/c

As a side note, Bell was the first player drafted in all 3 of my fantasy leagues. When it was clear Bell wasn't going to play in game 1, and based on how impressive Conner had been in TC, I picked him up in all 3. Now I have the starting Pitt RB and the guys who drafted Bell #1 are scrambling.
smile
It's also possible Bell is suffering from some kind of bone or muscle fatigue and is just using this as a show to cover that up so he can have time off to heal. If not then he is just being stupid.
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
It's also possible Bell is suffering from some kind of bone or muscle fatigue and is just using this as a show to cover that up so he can have time off to heal. If not then he is just being stupid.

He's going to get way more guaranteed money in the off-season than he was offered by the Steelers. That's the goal. He needs to not get hurt in order to get that money. Playing the least amount of games means less chance of injury.
J/c

Appearantly the Stilers have shifted gears ...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "actively shopping" holdout RB Le'Veon Bell.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Sep 30 - 8:23 AM
J/c

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "actively shopping" holdout RB Le'Veon Bell.

I would be "actively shopping" him too.
Not exactly a blue light special announcement.
This has dragged on way longer than I thought it would
J/C

I'm just happy to have him out of the division. The guy is a kick ass running back. In his five seasons, he's accounted for 8,000 total yards.

I like James Conner, but he's not Le'Veon Bell.

It's happening. The Steelers are starting to become a team that we don't need to be scared on anymore.

Initially the Steelers were just "listening" on offers for Bell, but now they're the ones making calls. Per Rapsheet, the Steelers are looking for at least a second-round pick and a "good player" in exchange for Bell. That's a high asking price for a rental, especially considering Bell can't negotiate an extension until after the season. James Conner will continue to serve as Pittsburgh's workhorse with Bell MIA.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
I just don't see how another team is going to give up that much for him right now .. but we'll see, they have a few weeks
Why is Le'Veon Bell holding out?

Earl Thomas might know why. . .
Why is Le'Veon Bell holding out?

Earl Thomas might know why. . .
good point
Ya ... cause iif Bell played this year and got hurt NO ONE WOULD GIVE HIM ANY GAURANTEED MONEY ... rolleyes ...

If Thomas is a FA next year .... we’ll see how much it affects his market ...

and what if he comes back and on his first carry blows his knee out .... then what .. he’s out 7.7 mill to 8.5 mill and his worst fear has been realized ...

The mans rolling the dice ... we’ll see how it works out for him ...

What we’ll never know is weather he would have gotten hurt if he played this entire year ... what we also know is he’s gonna be out 8 mill give or take ...
No reason to make a high risk investment like that. Earl Thomas and Le'Veon Bell are in the right.
J/c

Hey, Conner had another wonder game. . . .

he has like 90 yards in the last 3 games. he may not be a bum, but hes hot garbage.
Did u watch? ... i mean on more than one carry he was met at the handoff point by not one but sometimes multiple rats ...

And 3 weeks ago ... they got down 21 - 0 and didnt run the ball ...

The last two weeks ... for no reason at all ... they didnt run the ball ...

This is now ben’s O ... he made it pass happy ... imagine that ... *L* ...

Just wondering .. did DeCastro and/or Gilbert play last night ... I KNOW NIETHER OF THEM DID LAST WEEK vs Tampa ...

DeCastro missed game 2 also ...

Unless Bell plays D ... he’s not the reason for any of this ...

And u know it dawg ... wink ...

Bells out over 3.4 million now ... thats one thing we do know ...

Did he really gain a bunch of weight or were u just breakin chops when u said that? ... if he did .. it makes me wonder if he’s serious about playing again ...

Was that legite? ...

Connor is a JAG in that offense. His patience behind the LoS just makes him look like a cheaper Le'Veon.
The Steelers were hell bent on getting Conner a big day against us ... and since then they don't use him much to be honest (or can't).

They have some issues right now .. but we'll see if they can get them corrected quickly

Perfect
he's baaack

Perfect

He really loves these come back games against the Browns, huh.
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Perfect

He really loves these come back games against the Browns, huh.
that game will be hindering more on our secondary IMO. We gotta improve without Mitchell
he's baaack

Is he definitely reporting to the team?
This makes NO SENSE ...

If he’s worried about getting hurt ... why don’t he wait til game 10 or 11 witch is the latest he can report and still get credit to become a FA ...

Must be #PuffPuffPass logic ... *L* ...

Will said in a thread he’s gained some weight ... last night a bud of mine said he heard it also ...

WILL???? ... is that legite bro? ...

If he’s overweight and out of shape ... that’d be interesting to say the least ...
Cuz he's still a Steelers fan and they're sucking. Good move all around if he doesn't get hurt.
U use the same #PuffPuffPass logic as him ...

Any NON #PuffPuffPassers have any thoughts on how this makes sense ...

*L* ...

U left the door wide open bro ... i couldn’t not walk through it ... it was calling me ... thumbsup
You also think that Earl Thomas won't be getting a pay cut now that he's injured...

Doesn't make sense for him to hold out till week 10 or 11. The Steelers could be out of play off contention by then.
U think he’s the reason there losing right now ...

rofl ...

Ok then ... thumbsup

PS ... please explain to me why Thomas is going to lose money on his contract next year? ... LOVE TO HEAR THAT ONE ...

PSS. He got paid his FULL SALARY THIS YEAR ... and we’ll see if he gets paid next year ...
U think he’s the reason there losing right now ...

rofl ...

Ok then ... thumbsup

PS ... please explain to me why Thomas is going to lose money on his contract next year? ... LOVE TO HEAR THAT ONE ...

PSS. He got paid his FULL SALARY THIS YEAR ... and we’ll see if he gets paid next year ...

Thomas should be 100% healthy by the super bowl from what i’ve read ...

So how would the broken leg negatively affect his salary next year? ....

U know what ... this isn’t worth it ... i have zero stake in this other than disagreeing with pretty much the entire board ... not worth the argument ....

U WIN ... bells a GENIUS ... smart move ...

Enjoy dawg ... thumbsup
Think i’ll Add a little more and make a third post ... *L* ..

Enjoy dawg ... thumbsup
This makes NO SENSE ...

If he’s worried about getting hurt ... why don’t he wait til game 10 or 11 witch is the latest he can report and still get credit to become a FA ...

I think we'll see him pick and choose the games he wants to play... expecting a lot of mysterious hamstring injuries.
Ya ...

And it makes sense in that he will make 850k sitting out the bye ... its essentially a FREE 850k ...

Maybe the first smart thing he’s done .. wink
and now AB is being sued.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10/09/antonio-brown-lawsuit-throwing-furniture-florida-balcony/

A lawsuit filed by the victim contends two very large vases, an ottoman and other pieces of furniture landed just feet away from the child and his grandfather.

It goes on to say surveillance video clearly shows objects falling from the balcony and nearly striking the two people on the ground.

Brown was said to be “extremely agitated, acting aggressively, and yelling at security personnel” when police arrived.

He has until Oct. 11, to respond to the lawsuit.

A second lawsuit has been filed by the landlord over damage to the unit and furniture.

That lawsuit contends Brown breached the lease agreement by “destroying, damaging defacing the premises, as well as furnishings and appliances” belonging to the plaintiff.

It goes on to say that Brown has refused to pay for the damages.

There’s been no comment from Brown.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have said they will not be commenting on the situation.

KDKA
‏
Verified account

@KDKA
Follow Follow @KDKA
More
#BREAKING: #Steelers WR Antonio Brown sued, accused of throwing furniture from 14th floor balcony, which nearly hit a toddler:

We play the Steelers after their bye, so that would be good news if he doesn’t show up (although it might cause chaos). The bad news is that James Connors looks like he is really good so it doesn’t matter anyway.
with our run D and LBs ... facing Conner is a disaster ... and facing Bell would be a cataclysmic event
Quote:
the players are off Thursday through Sunday,

To paraphrase another poster: That's weird. Every day of practice is very important. grin
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

To paraphrase another poster: That's weird. Every day of practice is very important. grin

CBA rules for the bye week:

link
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

CBA rules for the bye week:

link

Yep .. the NFL added a week to the schedule and the players negotiated a few days off during it.
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Conner has been amazing. They haven't missed Le'Veon at all.
Not even a litle bit .... kids not Leveon but hes pretty darn good ... only two games he hasn’t put up huge numbers were the KC game when they scored on their first 3 possessions and u guys were down 21 after u had two posssesions .... he didn’t get squat ...

Then against your next opponent u game planned him out ... it was a close game the entire game ... u guys were down the entire game but for never more than 10 points and it was under a td heading into the 4th ... u just went pass happy ...

All the other games hes been MONEY ....

He should have had another TD yesterday .but your moron coach didnt challenge it ... it was clearly a td ... HORRIBLE decision not to challenge and u ended up kicking a fg ..

Anyhow ... for the money .... he’s way better than leveon .... hes good ... real good ... and the players really like him ...

I wonder what u guys do when leveon returns .... your on a good roll and hes been a HUGE part of it ....
Stilers may just tell BONEHEAD to stay home ...

This has not helped his leverage in fa one little bit ... Conners shoving it right up his behnd ...

Its getting close to him having to report ... will either happen this week after the tradeline or next week ... he can hold out no longer ...

Will be interesting to see what kind of shape hes in ... how long before hes activeon game day ... how they “work” him in and what both there ultimate rolls are ...

NO WAY they kick Conner to the curb ... NO WAY ...

the bonehead held out his way into a time share ... now he gets to hit fa as a COMMITEE RB ... rofl
Looks like this weekend or next week ... no way they got a wink/nod like this dude says possibly as a joke ... it will however be interesting to see just what does happen when he does reportand how the PT works itself out ....

Holdout RB Le'Veon Bell remains away from the Steelers on Wednesday.

It's our routine Bell update, as the Steelers begin the work week in preparation for the Ravens. PFT's Mike Florio brought up an interesting thought Tuesday after Bell wasn't traded ahead of the trade deadline; perhaps the sides have a "wink-nod" agreement that if Bell doesn't show up at this year, the Steelers will agree not to re-tag him next spring and grant him the free agency he so badly craves. It's clear neither side wants anything to do with the other right now
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
I just found out I can't read red. Just kidding, I think.

Rubrics from our Master Pastor! Keep 'em coming, sirrah!
So he loses this year for NFL standing? Bell has hosed this up. Agent can't be helping this along. Thought there might be trade offers floated.
Conner has been great for PIT. Just typical, eh. I was hoping we’d draft him but I’m happy with what Chubb has shown to date. Hilliard is intriguing. Apologies for the OT.
Just looked it up ....

He’s 3rd in the league in rushing yards ...

He’s 3rd in the league in TD’s ...

He’s 4th in the league in rushing/recieving yards combined ...

Someone reffered to him as hot poo or sumptin along those lines ... can’t remember who ... hopefully Chubb is hot poo also ... thumbsup
Just looked it up ....

He’s 3rd in the league in rushing yards ...

He’s 3rd in the league in TD’s ...

He’s 4th in the league in rushing/recieving yards combined ...

Someone reffered to him as hot poo or sumptin along those lines ... can’t remember who ... hopefully Chubb is hot poo also ... thumbsup
That was me. I didn't say poo, I said compared to Lev he was a bum.

James has 599 yards. 257 of those came against us, 110 against the falcons (there D is awesome!), and 111 against the Bengals. Im not that impressed.

Against the ravens, chiefs, and bucs he had 97 yards combined for three games. 61 of those yards were against the Bucks and 40 of those 61 yards came on the last two runs of the game.

Lets not also forget he is playing behind the best offensive line in football.

He also has 3 fumbles on the year, one of which cost them a game against us which resulted in the tie.

James is a decent to average back playing behind a great line, and has benefited playing against some really poor run defenses so far this year.

I believe you are the one who always laughs at stats, or am I mistaken? thumbsup

They have the Ravens, Carolina, and Jax the next three games. Lets see how he fairs against a decent defense. Cause the last good defense they played he ran 9 times for 19 yards.
If he reports before there 10th game he gets an accrued season in the NFL witch frees him up for fa ...

So far ALL he’s given up is about 6,9 million ... that number grows by 850k each week ... if he dont report by saturday that number will be 7.75 million ...

And hes lost leverage in his negotiations for next year ,,,

Other than those two things its worked out well for him ... thumbsup
U mentioned decent defenses ... and u said he struggled in 3 games .... the rats (decent D) the chiefs and bucs ... ummm ... NOT SO DECENT D’S ... but O’s that put up points ... and put up POINTS EARLY THEY DID AGAINS PIT ....

U showed his stat line against the rats ... 9 carries for 19 yards ... 9 CARRIES ... 9 CARRIES ....

That shows how committed they were to the run ... how’d the rest of the O did that week? ...

Against the chefs and bucs ... PLEASE SHOW HIS STAT LINES for those .... focus on the number of carries in those games ... IF THEY didn’t get so far behind and they gave him the ball more in those games (and i have NO CLUE how many carries he got in either ... just a REALLY GOOD HUNCH it was not many) ... he would prolly be leading the league in rushing and yards from scrimmage ....

Not a fan of INCORRECTLY USED STATS ... i am however a HUGE FAN of CONNECTING THE DOTS .... like i just did ... thumbsup

PS. Lets go look at Bells games vs the rats and vs us over the last 4 years or so .... may just be an interesting correlation there when averaged out ... well ... not 19 yards a game bad .... but i’d bet my bottom dollar Conner hits the 20 yard mark against them this time ... wink ..

PS ... a HUGE FORGET HERE ...

DiCastro missed the chefs and bucs game and Gilbert went out in the chefs game and missed the bucs game ...

So 2/5ths of the best OL in football was down for one of his “bad games” according to u ... that week they weren’t close to being the best OL in football ... wink ..

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Steelers would consider placing the transition tag on Le'Veon Bell in 2019.

The Steelers have no idea when or if Bell will arrive, though he'll need to report by November 13 in order to play this season. If Bell decides to punt 2018, the Steelers could assign him the transition tag next year, which would be far less expensive than franchise-tagging him for a third straight season. Under the transition tag, the Steelers would be able to match any offer Bell receives elsewhere. Per La Canfora, his projected salary under the transition tag could be as low as $9 million, which is far below the $14.5 million Bell passed up in 2018. The 26-year-old and his agent have played this extremely poorly.

Source: CBS Sports

rofl ...

Saying the MORON and his agent played it poorly would be like saying that the thiefs tenure as an owner hasn’t gone smoothly ... *LOL* ...

Dude should report today ... but the absolute dumbest thing he could do is not report this year .. so i’d Put that at 50/50 based off how intelligent his decisions have been so far ...

rofl ... what a MORON!!!!!

7.7 million down the toilet ... leverage down the toilet ... MORON .... *LOL* ..
So, is he coming back this week? They have a short week
Test #1 from your post .... the rats ...

24 - 107

7 - 56 with 1 TD

Not bad for “hot garbage” ... i looked it up ...

Not a good day for your boy the holdout ... i miss hos snarky tweets ... wink ...

Test #2 is thursday night .... the panthers ....

Stay tuned ...
Just read he has to report by the 13th ... we’ll see what happens ...

Stay tuned ...

Very interested to see what they do when he comes back ..
j/c

REPORT: Le'Veon Bell Expected to Return to Steelers After Attending OSU-Michigan State

https://www.12up.com/posts/6215369-repor...-michigan-state
Then the real fun begins ...

How will this play out ... gonna be interesting on many levels ...

Sounds like the soap opera will begin Sunday or Monday ... depends on what the team is doing with Sunday ... more than likely a day off ...

will .. whats the word your hearing locally .. anyone u trust got any clue as to what the stilers plan to do ...
If it's me, I don't let him in the lockerroom. I pay him but tell him stay away.

However, I think the opposite happens
If it's me, I don't let him in the lockerroom. I pay him but tell him stay away.

However, I think the opposite happens

Make he show up, practice him as much as the CBA will allow, then let him sit on game day.
Not sure biting your nose to spite your face is the stiler way ...

NOW ... if the players in the locker room feel that way ... now the equation’s changed ...

I just cn’t imagimne the players feeling that scorned there not gonna welcome him back just for what he brings to the table ...

There goal is to win the SB ... on the field he can help them accomplish that ... if the players accept hm ...

I HOPE they bite there nose to spite there face but its not the stiler way so i think they dont welcome him back with open arms ... but they’ll welcome him back on Sunday afternoons ...

Why penalize the back you’ve been riding this entire season, and who’s doing very well, to bring in his locker room cancer? Reward the back who’s been there and sit the malcontent.
Its not a penalty ... this isn’t about Conner .. its about the TEAM .. its not about loyalty .. its about what gives u the best chance to win ...

And i didnt say to bench him .. he’s gonna be involved .... Conner should still be a HUGE PART of what they do moving forward ... Bell HOSED himself with this holdout ... REALLY HURT HIMSELF ...

AND ... if it affects the locker room (my caveat) then leave Bell out in the cold ...

His tude upon arrival would also play into my decision ... if hes ready to help the team ... and the locker room accepts him ... IMO they’ll take him back at least on /sunday afternoons ...

I really hope i’m Wrong ... i have Conner in my big money fantasy league and i also have one paper tiger in Fournette and also Devontee Freeman at RB ... I NEED Conner ... if the stilers call me for advice Bell won’t even get off the plane in Pitt .. *LOL* ...

James Conner has more than picked up the slack for Le'Veon Bell this season @NextGenStats

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1059936221214990336
You dance with you brought you and it wasn’t Bell who brought them.
Regardless of whether the organization or the players want Bell back, I side with Bell all day long.

It's criminal what the NCAA does to college athletes. The NFL is a close second, especially when they are printing money and their crook of a commissioner makes $30m/year.
I think it's worth it to have Bell AND Conner. Think about splitting Bell into the slot with Conner at RB
Wonder if Conner will hold out next year ... talk about UNDERPAID ... wink ...
I agree .. football is more like singing than dancing ....

I have a hard time believing if Bing Crosby was signing a duet with one of the Andrews sisters and Sammy Davis jr. Wanted to join them they’d say no for some reason ... naaaa ...

RB’s also tend to get hurt more than dancers or singers for that matter bro ... wink ..
I agree .. football is more like singing than dancing ....

I have a hard time believing if Bing Crosby was signing a duet with one of the Andrews sisters and Sammy Davis jr. Wanted to join them they’d say no for some reason ... naaaa ...

RB’s also tend to get hurt more than dancers or singers for that matter bro ... wink ..

I looked, Sammy did not report.
Then the real fun begins ...

How will this play out ... gonna be interesting on many levels ...

Sounds like the soap opera will begin Sunday or Monday ... depends on what the team is doing with Sunday ... more than likely a day off ...

will .. whats the word your hearing locally .. anyone u trust got any clue as to what the stilers plan to do ...
Just seeing this now.

Not too much. A lot of guys are on the Conner bandwagon and trying to say that Lev was never that good and downplaying his talents....kinda familiar tongue

Fans say they should bench him and not play him. Others say rescind the offer and let him walk (I don't even think they can at ths point idk). then others say get him ready for the playoffs the next few weeks and let him loose.
Stats are stats.

Show me Levs stats before 17 when he didn't hold out a miss a camp. You are comparing levs worst season to Connors best season.

It also doesn't take into effect the three headed monster of bell ben and brown.

Its not a huge thing to realize that Browns numbers have been WAYYYYY DOWN with lev not on the field. Last year he had 1500+ yards receiving and was talk of getting some MVP votes. This year hes down 35 yards a game. Teams are focusing on Brown and not focusing on the RB position like they were in the past. Connor to his credit is taking advantage of that. But I absolutely believe his numbers are skewed because of the increased focus on brown and lack of focus on him. He doesn't scare a defense to beat them.
j/c

At this point I think you have to look at last year when he held out to get a gauge of the impact that holds. He missed camp last year and when he came back he certainly didn't look the same. His first two games he only averaged around 3.2 yards per carry and certainly didn't look like a premiere RB.

The Steelers may work him into the line up but Conner is in the groove of the season and Bell isn't in game shape.
j/c:

I think this has gotten to the point [see the Miami tweets] that Bell has alienated his teammates and even his HC.

Tomlin came out the other day and said:

"We need volunteers, not hostages."
I wonder if the Steelers will explore avenues where they just suspend him for the remainder of the season.

They surely don't want to cut him, but once he reports they either have to do something with him that keeps him off the 53-man roster or they have to cut someone else to make room for him on the roster.

I wouldn't want to punish someone that has been there all season just to keep this guy, but you have to play the hand you're dealt.

One thing is for certain, I would not play him AT ALL.
I'm really not sure what avenues they have to follow in that regard. I would think he would have to break some team rules or protocols in order for them to do that. Besides, if they manage to do that they would just be in the same predicament next season.

I understand it would be optimal for them to get something out of bell rather than just see him walk this off season, but I don't see how they can wrangle that.
None of this makes any sense. Holding out for a bit made some sense. Sitting out the entire season doesn't accomplish much.
J/C

disagree or agree (does anyone really agree) gotta give him credit, he believes he is right in the situation I guess and has stuck to his guns. 14.5 million times over.
It got him to free agency where he can pursue his fair market value.

Unfortunately for him, he almost certainly tarnished his market value with his holdout, and Conner further tarnished it by showing just how replaceable his talents are.
J/C

disagree or agree (does anyone really agree) gotta give him credit, he believes he is right in the situation I guess and has stuck to his guns. 14.5 million times over.

Not to mention, watching his market value drop with each yard gained by Conner. Whispering voices in the ears of potential GM's is saying, "it's the system, it's the system".
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
It got him to free agency where he can pursue his fair market value.

Unfortunately for him, he almost certainly tarnished his market value with his holdout, and Conner further tarnished it by showing just how replaceable his talents are.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets more guaranteed than he would have made this season. My guess is that he will, but not by much.
I'm betting not.

I'm betting that there will be a silent collective low-balling of him by the owners lest the other hired help think to rock the same boat in the future.
I'm betting that there will be a silent collective low-balling of him by the owners lest the other hired help think to rock the same boat in the future.

The owners would never do anything like that.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
J/C

Not to mention, watching his market value drop with each yard gained by Conner. Whispering voices in the ears of potential GM's is saying, "it's the system, it's the system".
I don't see how Conner playing well has anything to do with Bell. They are completely different players and runners under a different OC as well.

Conner playing good doesn't tarnish Lev's skills or abilities. However a year out of football may.
Thankfully, we have Chubb and Duke, we're good.
I'm betting not.

If that happened, and it got out - the NFL would be hit so many lawsuits and bad publicity.

IDK, I don't put it past them - but I find it hard to believe.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
J/C

I don't see how Conner playing well has anything to do with Bell. They are completely different players and runners under a different OC as well.

Conner playing good doesn't tarnish Lev's skills or abilities. However a year out of football may.

It shows that what Bell did maybe isn't so special. Same team, same line, roughly the same scheme, and some dude name Conner just comes in and not only picks up right where the vaunted Le'veon Bell left off, but he surpasses him in every way. Sounds kinda like plug-&-play.

Add in a year out of football and I'm betting that NOBODY is going to be lining up to throw Monopoly money at him. Good teams don't need to, bad teams can draft equal talent for a lot less.

He will get work and be signed, but I'm betting it won't be close to what Pittsburgh offered, and it may not even be in the first go-around of free agency when it first opens. Maybe a week or three after it opens.
He just lost 14 million dollars. He'll never make that up.
Hes a MORON ...

His goal is to get 45 mill or so gauranteed ...

Sign your tag ... u got just shy of 15 mill .. BUY AN INSURANCE policy for the difference .... not sure what it would cost ...

But i sure would love to see what the TRUE RISK was ... the true risk would have been the cost of the insurance policy vs the risk of holding out ...

CFR ... the way it worked out ... not reporting now was the only sensible thing to do ...

EVERYONE was told and thought he had to report by week 11 to get a vested year so he could become a FA next year ... what everyone failed to overlook was the fact that he didnt need to report at all since he’d all ready been tagged twice he would still have to be tagged at the third year tag rate .... witch u can’t afford ...

I’m guessing his agent may get fired before the bidding war starts ... *LOL* ....

If hes worried about getting hurt ... he’d be going back to a time share ... naaaa ... staying away was the best thing for him ...

I'm betting not.

He may well go the way of Kaepernick.
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

That's ok. He tweeted a few years ago if you sit out for more money you don't love the game.
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

That's ok. He tweeted a few years ago if you sit out for more money you don't love the game.

The he discovered, the game is the money.
I guess the Steelers won the "No Bell" prize. I'm glad he's no longer a Steeler.
I can’t say I’m glad he’s not a Steeler any longer, because I like the steeler turmoil.
I was kind of hoping that they signed him to 15 mil a year long term and then Big Ben decided to retire.

The Steelers would have Flacco'd their salary cap.
I just dont know why he didnt report, get his 14 million, and say he had a headache, pulled hamstring, etc ... how dumb is he?
Apparently he’s as dumb as his agent.
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
I guess the Steelers won the "No Bell" prize. I'm glad he's no longer a Steeler.

Well played, mom... thumbsup
one thing that came to mind about Bell:

does anyone think that the owners will have a silent agreement to either not sign Bell or low ball him significantly?

Almost like another kaepernick situation ... the owners don't want this holdout to set a precedent for future players. They may want to nip it right here.
I don't think so.

Kap hurt the image of the league and wasn't all that good. Bell can help a team win. Someone will sign him.
No need for a wink wink understanding.

There has been no team that has won a championship by building a team around a WR...NONE not even close.

And now in this era we can say the same with the position of RB.
There will be no team that will win a championship by "BUILDING" at team around a RB.

And if you pay a RB 45 mil guarantee you are going to build your team around him...or else that is a waste of money.

Why he will not get the offer that he thinks he will. Why he will not get it guaranteed. Not when a simple 3rd round pick RB like Conners is doing just as well as Bell was doing as the Steelers haven't missed a beat.

Why would anyone spend that much money on a RB that is reaching his end of career as far as effectiveness goes in RB years.

You can make a pick in the 3rd round... Conners, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara all just as good or arguably better ALL FOUND in the 3rd round.

Nobody will be that lazy and foolish to spend all that cap space on a RB. Sorry not in this day and age. Man another guy who is going to feel stupid listening to his AGENT...smh saywhat
I read on CBS that they broke down the teams who could afford and want Bell:

colts
jets
bills

were teh three main ones
Quote:
It shows that what Bell did maybe isn't so special. Same team, same line, roughly the same scheme, and some dude name Conner just comes in and not only picks up right where the vaunted Le'veon Bell left off, but he surpasses him in every way. Sounds kinda like plug-&-play.
Two different types of players, two different skill sets. James having a great year, but his best year is about on par w/ lev's worst year. You cant compare the two, its not the same offense as it was last year. Look how different our offense looks w/ kitchens compared to haley. Big Difference.

Quote:
Add in a year out of football and I'm betting that NOBODY is going to be lining up to throw Monopoly money at him. Good teams don't need to, bad teams can draft equal talent for a lot less.
He will get paid. I have no doubt. He may not get what he thinks he's gong to get....but believe me, he will get a nice payout.
Maybe, but the facts are the facts - he said last year he would sit out a year, and people called him crazy tht he never would. He just proved a lot of you wrong.

Look, personally I would have played. I am just saying I give the dude credit for having major stones for turning down 14.5 million because he believes he was lowballed, that's all im saying.

Good for him. He believes he was wronged by the team. He is standing his ground. Weird, when employees and unions do it, a lot people support them. When a athlete does it, they get crucified.
I read on CBS that they broke down the teams who could afford and want Bell:

colts
jets
bills

were teh three main ones

I feel like the Jets would be perfect. They seem to have been a mecca for discarded running backs over the years. When is the last time they actually drafted a star RB?

Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
LaDainian Tomlinson
Thomas Jones
Curtis Martin
I can see the Jets too .. they'd be the favorite IMO
How do u feel about when TP wouldn’t sign with us? ... u give him credit for gambling on himself?

Dude messed up ... take the 14 mill and get an insurance policy ...

And your wrong in that Conner and the O’s performance has hurt his value ... thats a no-brained bro ... you know that ... your just being stubborn ... *L* .... its OK too admit ... it’s me and its not the cess pool ... wink ...

Your right in that there two different styles of players ... no doubt ... but if Conner was doing 75% of what he was doing it would show that Bell made a difference ... right now ... ummm .... it appears he was just another piece ...

That hurts his market .... hurts his value ... u can’t deny that ... your smarter than that ...

Your also right in that he will get signed and for a ton ... all it takes is one stupid team like the colts or jets ... the jets could pair him with Darnold and also take some of the shine off Bark ... the colts would be a great spot for him ..

He was always gonna paid ... hes good ...

It’ll be interesting to see what he gets ... if he “only” gets what the stilers offered him gauranteed ... we’ll never know why ...

- was it because the RB position has been de-valued overall and he was just shooting for way to much than anyone was willing to pay ...

- was it because the owners got together and colluded ... this won’t be Kap and i’m Not a conspiracy guy ... Kap was a PR nightmare ... Bell is for future $$ concerns ...

- was it his age and suspension history ...

- did the holdout coupled with Conners numbers hurt him ..

- a combo of all the above ...

Fact is ... we’ll never know bro ...

I think hes a moron ... but like u ... i respect hom for dong what he thought what was right for him no matter how dumb i think it was ... *LOL* ...

Will be interesting to see how it plays out ...

Side note ... I’M THRILLED ... in my big money league ... i drafted him in the 2nd last rnd ... took fournette and am now getting him back .. LATE SEASON RUN BABY ... TY Mr. Bell ... thumbsup
I could see the Rats making a play, especially if they go with Jackson at QB next year .... and Houston might also be a player for him. If Arizona could clear some cap space, they might like the idea of adding Bell to help Rosen. Maybe the Jets make sense, for the same reason. Adding a premiere runner to go alone with Luck in Indy also makes sense. I think that Buffalo also makes some sense ... but would Bell want to go there?

I think that my top couple of teams would be Houston, Arizona, or Baltimore. (so he could play the Steelers every year)
AZ has David Johnson and Buffalo has LeSean McCoy. Maybe McCoy leaves the Bills, but if that team is going to shake it up at all, I'd imagine they'd go young draftee instead of expensive vet.
I am hoping he ends up with Seattle or Green Bay. Anyone in the NFC would be preferable to those listed.
I think McCoy will leave Buffalo. I also think Baltimore might go for him if Flacco is gone
Quote:
How do u feel about when TP wouldn’t sign with us? ... u give him credit for gambling on himself?
I said I completely understood his play. He was doing what he thought was best for him. He was wrong, as hindsight is 20/20, but at the time, I completely understood it. I don't have to like something to UNDERSTAND it.

Quote:
Dude messed up ... take the 14 mill and get an insurance policy ...
We will know when he signs a deal. As of right now, you are speculating.

Quote:
That hurts his market .... hurts his value ... u can’t deny that ... your smarter than that ...
I absolutely deny that. Just because Connor is good doesn't mean Lev is less good than he was lol.

That would be like saying Tom Brady isn't as good because he had Drew Bledsoe before him. One does not equate the other.

Quote:
the colts would be a great spot for him ..
The colts love Mack, I don't see him going there.

Quote:

It’ll be interesting to see what he gets ... if he “only” gets what the stilers offered him gauranteed ... we’ll never know why ...
No, we wont. And I don't think he will get it, just so we are clear. I just again think hes getting crap on for doing what HE thinks is best for HIM. Its not my place or anyone elses to judge. Its his life. I know many people that have quit because they were not getting paid what they thought they deserved. Those same people are bashing Bell. Its hilarious.

Quote:
- was it his age and suspension history ...
I would say for me this is why I don't think hell get what he wants. Hes been a workhorse in Pittsburgh. Lots of touches and lots of hits. If I was a GM this is why I would stay away - along w/ the suspension history.
The Rats are still paying Flacco. They got about $5.00 cap space.
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

They might not be next year, and might rid themselves of some other high priced veterans.
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg

They might not be next year, and might rid themselves of some other high priced veterans.

BB will sign Flacco at a steal and turn him into Tom brady #2 for five years after Brady leaves.
That much? LOLetc. ratters are always leaving money on the table. I still can't wish them anything good.
j/c:

These stats were before the Jax game today:

I guess the Steelers figured, "We don't really need him."

It's too bad he's not playing - I love his running style.

P.S. I watched the game today and at the very end the Steelers pulled off another one & won. mad It figures.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/12/10/le...s-on-instagram/

I really wonder what the heck some athletes think when they take to social media.. What a total douche Bell is - no idea how much this affects his future employment and income but I'd want no part of this s.o.b
Honestly, how hard is it to just stay quiet about anything with the team? I find it in poor taste.
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I really wonder what the heck some athletes think when they take to social media.. What a total douche Bell is - no idea how much this affects his future employment and income but I'd want no part of this s.o.b
So a player is not allowed to have ill will towards a franchise? Last I checked he doesn't play there anymore. I am pretty sure he said the same thing every Pittsburgh fan was thinking. This is a non issue.
Probably trying to get Gruden to throw the bank at him.
That's it? He "liked" a tweet? Maybe there was more that I missed.

So a player is not allowed to have ill will towards a franchise? Last I checked he doesn't play there anymore. I am pretty sure he said the same thing every Pittsburgh fan was thinking. This is a non issue.

He is allowed to have whatever feelings he wants towards his old team and his old teammates. Just like every other player in the NFL ... how many other players troll there old team and "Like" the score when there old team loses? Maybe that answer gives you a clue as to why this is so classless.

As for saying what all the Pittsburgh fans were thinking??? You think they all Liked it when Pitt lost to Oakland huh ? Yeah - maybe not.
The 1st question that needs to be asked is: Is that his verified account? I don't have a twitter account but i am pretty sure that anyone could start a dawgtalkerJester account and post anything and people would assume it was me.
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
That's it? He "liked" a tweet? Maybe there was more that I missed.
such is drama in 2018

He is allowed to have whatever feelings he wants towards his old team and his old teammates. Just like every other player in the NFL ... how many other players troll there old team and "Like" the score when there old team loses? Maybe that answer gives you a clue as to why this is so classless.

As for saying what all the Pittsburgh fans were thinking??? You think they all Liked it when Pitt lost to Oakland huh ? Yeah - maybe not.
They "sheesh" he posted was what I was referring too, but go ahead, tell me what my post meant again lol.

Its not a big deal, but then again you like to blow things out of proportion.
I wonder how Bell feels, watching young, later round, and even undrafted free agents, putting up huge numbers from the lead RB position.

Lamar Miller was a 4th rounder, traded for by the Texans.

James Conner was a 3rd round pick, who is outperforming Bell's stats from last year.

Mixon was a 2nd rounder, as was Chubb.

Kareem Hunt was a 3rd round pick, and one of the best before he sabotaged his carrer with violent stupidity.

Alvin Kamara was also a 3rd.

Matt Brieda was undrafted.

Aaron Jones, to go along with Aaron Rodgers, was a 5th.

Jordan Howard was also a 5th rounder.

The point is that you can find high quality backs outside the 1st, where they are expensive. Someone will sign Bell, but I wonder if he hasn't cost himself a bunch of money this year.
So the topic is Bell, the post and the tweet is about Bell and you choose to comment on the random unknown guy that has a 'sheesh' comment?

Yeah - clear as mud my friend.

As for blowing things out of proportion? That looks like a nice deflection and dismissal with zero basis in reality. Congrats.
© DawgTalkers.net