DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:44 PM
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:48 PM
Outstanding!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:48 PM
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:50 PM
Good move. I like this pick up!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:52 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:53 PM
Seems like Jeudy AND a starting player was too much, and then having to extend to boot.

Welcome to Cleveland, Elijah!
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:53 PM
We also save on our Draft pool cap hit. Giving us a little more room for FA cost.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:56 PM
So Browns get Moore by essentially moving back one round.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 07:57 PM
That is right
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
So Browns get Moore by essentially moving back one round.

Jack Duffin
@JackDuffin
What did Elijah Moore cost the #Browns?

Using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger Trade Chart (Analytics)
42 - 1106
74 - 819
So effectively given up pick 211 for Moore

Using Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart (Old School
42 - 480
74 - 220
So effectively given up pick 66

Great value by AB đź‘Ź

https://twitter.com/JackDuffin/status/1638633542862385158
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:17 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:27 PM
j/c:

Moore is 22. Turns 23 soon.

Still very young.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:32 PM
The Broncos were under no pressure to trade Jeudy.

They wanted a lot and nobody was willing to come up with their price.

Here with Moore you look at what he can do and how will he fit with the offense.

He will get way more targets with the Browns. He will allow us to attack all parts of the field both vertical and horizontal.

The cost is reasonable. He is only 22 years old.

I like the move.

I thought this free agency would be a big test for Berry. He has addressed every need and done so in a logical manner.

Really happy with moves made. All I can do now is hope they play well.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
The Broncos were under no pressure to trade Jeudy.

They wanted a lot and nobody was willing to come up with their price.

Here with Moore you look at what he can do and how will he fit with the offense.

He will get way more targets with the Browns. He will allow us to attack all parts of the field both vertical and horizontal.

The cost is reasonable. He is only 22 years old.

I like the move.

I thought this free agency would be a big test for Berry. He has addressed every need and done so in a logical manner.

Really happy with moves made. All I can do now is hope they play well.

The Browns also desperately needed a slot receiver. Moore was a slot receiver at Ole Miss, and then for whatever reason the Jets tried to make him an outside receiver. I would assume we will move him back to the slot.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:41 PM

Here is a video of him running routes in games
Posted By: hitt Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:46 PM
Like move, Schwartz should be traded or released- now we have a PROVEN fast WR. Great job. GO Browns!!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 08:51 PM
Moore just gives this offense more sizzle and explosiveness
But has anyone wondered why the Jets gave up
On him so fast?
Anthony Schwartz should be released now.
He is as about useful as a squirt gun in a mob hit.
I wonder where the Browns WR room ranks among
The league in combined salaries?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:30 PM
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:36 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:38 PM
LOL...I like the mob hit comment.

There isn't much point in releasing Schwartz at this point. If it saves money, it wouldn't be so much to allow us to pick up any other FA with his money. Maybe he is cut June 1? At any rate, bringing him to camp has no real downside. We expect he will be cut because he can't catch. There is only upside in that he actually finds something and plays great.

I doubt that, but sticking with him through a round or two of cuts isn't going to hurt anything. There are plenty of reps to be had for anybody the coaches want to get reps.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:49 PM
As for the trade....A IMO.

I liked Moore when at Ole Miss. Very exciting player. I was hoping he would select the Gators out of HS. He went to HS in Florida.

Berry is very good. Even if we flop this year, I would still keep Berry. The guy is good. Moore plus a 3rd for our 2nd? Seriously, how good is that? We pick up a 3rd where we can still pick good players, and Moore is like our 2nd round pick.

I'll take that every day.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
On him so fast?

"His trade request last year came as a result of a lack of targets and poor quarterback play."
https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-rumors-expected-trade-elijah-moore

LMAO at the Schwartz comment. 🤣
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 09:59 PM
So now we have 2-3's, 2-4's, 2-5's a 6 and a 7. We might be able to package a few of those to get back into the 2nd round if AB sees a player he really wants.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 10:08 PM
We still need another DT and a LB IMO. We should be able to still get some decent players in the draft.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 10:24 PM
3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders are perfect spots to pick up nuts and bolts players. Guards, RT's, Centers, RB's. Players like Bitonio, Conk, Chubb, are nearing the end of their shelf life.

No doubt you probably aren't going to get blue chip players, but you can get good players. At any position really, but the ones I mentioned are in rounds where you can still find some of the better players available.

As a baseball guy, and borrowing a line from Savage, doubles work just fine. Add in a single or two and you have a big inning. I don't think anybody got super excited when we drafted Bitonio. Heck, most of us never heard of the guy, yet here he is years later building a HOF possible resume.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 10:27 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 10:52 PM
Trades are a collaboration between teams.

Teams exchange for needs and wants. When you look at this deal and really break it down. It serves both teams.

Moore and the Jets were a bad mix. He had issues with them and asked to be traded.

Looking at our needs and fit. Hand in glove. Cooper and DPJ play wide. Both are physical receivers. Both have speed and make contested catches. Neither are quick in space and live by separation.

DW extends plays. It is part of his game. We were missing that guy who when the play is broken can shake loose quickly coming back for the ball.

Moore has that ability. He is quick guy guy who can separate quickly out of the slot. He also can go deep with speed.

Inside the offense now we can cover the field. We have Chubb who can break runs. We have two pass catching TE with height that run seam routes and play tall in the red zone. We have Cooper and DPJ on the boundary. Bell and Moore are two different type slot guys. Bell is physical and big. Moore is small and quick.

The offense and defense have both been improved since 2022 ended. Schwartz is a big add. Ventrone is an upgrade.

We have added to the DL inside and outside. We have added the speed element to the offense.

We have draft picks and a clean slate. We can move up and down or gain picks next year. We can be flexible in the draft and truly select BPA.
We have addressed our needs in free agency.

AB is showing Harvard does not graduate dumb guys.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:03 PM
j/c:

Love this trade. I think we stole him. I'd rather have Moore than Hardman. I also feel this is a much safer move than trading for Jeudy. I would not have complained about trading for Jeudy, but it was risky business. The guy could end up being really, really good or he could continue to be what he's been thus far. Also, trading away all your draft picks is not sound business. Those rookie contracts help you w/the cap.

My only concern w/Moore is that he asked for a trade last year and complained some. I'm doing this from memory, but he was asked about if he was developing chemistry w/the qb [I forget which one it was] and Moore replied that he wouldn't know because he never gets targeted.

He fills a need. Came w/a favorable contract and we hardly gave up anything to get him.

Berry is kicking something this year. It's not the can. He is kicking ass!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:09 PM
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
On him so fast?

"His trade request last year came as a result of a lack of targets and poor quarterback play."
https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jets-rumors-expected-trade-elijah-moore

LMAO at the Schwartz comment. 🤣

If Watson returns to form, Moore is going to love playing here.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
My only concern w/Moore is that he asked for a trade last year and complained some. I'm doing this from memory, but he was asked about if he was developing chemistry w/the qb [I forget which one it was] and Moore replied that he wouldn't know because he never gets targeted.

The Zach Wilson Experience:

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:23 PM
I figured it was probably Wilson, but I wasn't positive.

Check out this tweet. There are a series of tweets that will brighten the day of anyone who is a fan of the Browns.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:27 PM
Jeudy would have been a great add. However, his cost both near and far would be way more. Denver wanted a lot in trade. In a year his cost would have gone up a lot.

Moore fits a need and is affordable. His upside is really high.

I am not worried about what went down with the Jets. He was open and not getting targets. He got into it LaFleur. And asked to be traded.

This is a new chance for him with a QB who will find him if open. There are lots of advanced stats. When you look at them. This guy fits the position of slot receiver.

I am also glad we resigned Walker. When you hear from two teams about his leadership. It means something. He was playing well for us before he was injured.

I am really excited about the moves AB made.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:50 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:56 PM
LOL.......I loved that one.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/22/23 11:59 PM
Jeudy was just something of a smokescreen to get the Moore trade done.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

The Zach Wilson Experience:

--->full season extrapolation (140/93/1,338/17)
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 12:40 AM
I liked this addendum

Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:24 AM
Congrats Mr Berry and company, this could even be better than the “Amari Cooper Heist”. Elijah Moore knew very early the Jets QB situation was severely impacting his ability to garner any competent statistical numbers. A DCoordinator for a HC don’t help either. The guy was WIDE open so many times and their QB just flat out could not see the field. He is precisely what we were gonna shop for in the draft but we get an upgrade at 22 yrs old going into year 3 for a great price. Our TE’s Are now going to have a lot more room to run with a true speed threat from the slot. IMHO this has been a very impressive and savvy off season for our front office.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:35 AM
This is an interesting article because it breaks down all the different values attached to trades.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/browns-elijah-moore-trade-value-calculator/

No matter how you slice it. It comes out as value added. Of course all that really matters is how he plays.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:47 AM
Essentially got Brandin Cooks with better hands.....

It was said that the browns felt they could get the same quality of play this year in rounds 3 and 4 as they would in 2....So definitely a big win in my book...

A guy I wouldn't sleep on either is Michael Woods...I liked what he did in the limited chances he had...I think we have a very solid WR room. It will be tough to make the roster...I see Bell, Woods, Grant, Harley, and Baldwin playing for 2-3 spots(likely 3)...that leaves about 3 or 4 others that might not even make the PS.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:58 AM
You gotta like this trade they finally did one thing right.
touch of gray, frown the player who noone remembers a bad snap from, D'Ernest Johnson signed with the Jaguars on the same day.

I like E. Moore better than Hardeman, Chark, and Jeudy, but what really matters

is how the addition of E Moore, into the group that incudes Cooper, DPJ, and Bell will really lift the tide for DPJ and Bell in the load to carry department.
really what the old politicians might have meant by the phrase, " a rising tide lifts all the boats."

Schwartz the WR, iirc: from the website algorithm, hurts the cap if they cut him. Plus Schwartz is still a very fast very capable WR, and ... he's on the upswing this year, , people don't realize, both He and Carson Wentz are due for comeback years.
Better to keep Anthony Schwartz at the present time imo.

Maybe they can find a /competition for Ford in the draft.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by PETE314
Essentially got Brandin Cooks with better hands.....

It was said that the browns felt they could get the same quality of play this year in rounds 3 and 4 as they would in 2....So definitely a big win in my book...
All along I had a feeling the opening pick for the Browns this year would be IOL, Center or Guard in the OL,
and if that happened it would make the above statement make even more sense.
One could get about the same @uality of IOL at seventy four as you might end up with at 42.

Depo's number one strategy was never ever select when and where you were originally slotted in the top 2 rounds of the draft.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 03:06 AM
Don't know much about him other than what I read on this thread... seems like a good trade... hoping it works out well...
Posted By: kwhip Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 10:09 AM
Love how Berry isn't afraid to do just about anything.

Now. How about dangling one of our 3rd or 4ths to Indy for DeForest Buckner?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 11:04 AM
The Jets agreed to a one year deal with Mercole Hardman for $6.5 .

Moore is under $2.

If Moore plays the way most believe he is capable. He is a steal.

He has the skill set to fit hand in glove for the offense we will run with DW.

I really am happy about the moves made. I also happy about having Walker back.

As things stand today. We have our starters. Fingers crossed that we stay healthy.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Jeudy was just something of a smokescreen to get the Moore trade done.

Could be. Maybe we just finally went with the deal that made the most sense.

Another thought. I sent off my season ticket money a few days ago. My rep called a day or so before that reminding me the deadline for renewals is the 24th. It could be renewals are lagging a bit and the team wanted to get a splash signing/trade at receiver done before the renewal date. A little something extra to juice those fans who may have been on the fence.

At any rate, I like the signing. I think he and Watson will make a solid team. We needed that quicker guy who can change is routes on a dime as dictated by what Watson is doing. Once the QB leaves the pocket, unless it is a designed play, things change and the QB needs receivers who can change with him.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 12:11 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think the Jeudy talk was a smokescreen to get Moore. I think we were just being fiscally responsible.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 12:18 PM
I know Berry seems to be on it again. I don't know why he gets so much flack. It's not his fault the coaches don't get the job done. Hopefully, that all changes this year.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 12:44 PM

Man you all can spin with the best of them.

I didn't realize we gave up a 2nd for him.

I hope the kid corrects his mistakes - HECK OF A LOT OF DROPS!!!

Lots to not like...for me the worst thing about this trade this is 2 years with descent slots in the draft we do not have First or Second rounders. Impact picks that you keep on the cheap for like 5 years.

Berry's job definitely was on the line. I feel like we are the Redskins of recent past. 4 Impact picks not used by us. So much for building a dynasty. We made some good moves but we are in cap hell and its win the next two seasons or we rebuild again....smh

Scary situation just Scary.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:01 PM
Moore did not have a single drop last year.

This was a great trade for the Browns. He's playing for peanuts the next two years. We got a 3rd rounder and Moore in return for a 2nd rounder. Moore fills a position of need. We did not have a slot receiver who can provide separation. Time to stop eating sour grapes.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:16 PM
I was just listening to Jeff Darlington and he made an interesting point. He acknowledged that Moore asked for a trade back in October, but that wasn't the reason the Jets traded him now. According to Darlington, the Jets wanted that 2nd round pick because it will be more enticing to Green Bay in the trade for Rodgers.

This makes sense and it also helps explain why they signed Hardman. This way, they replace a fast WR who is departing w/another fast WR. They lose out financially, but they are desperate to complete the trade for Rodgers. They are obviously "all in."

We are beneficiaries of their desperation and we got a promising WR w/a ton of upside on the cheap.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 01:55 PM
I really found this interesting.

This is the Moore trade from the Jets side. I don't know these guys. But they know the Jets like we know the Browns.

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 02:08 PM
I really found this interesting.

This is the Moore trade from the Jets side. I don't know these guys. But they know the Jets like we know the Browns.

Think it's more a national view than Jets-centric. Think the Panthers are likely their "local" team.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 02:26 PM
They sound like Jets guys and they are wearing Jets hats.

I don't know. I thought the te take was interesting.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by eotab

Man you all can spin with the best of them.

I didn't realize we gave up a 2nd for him.

I hope the kid corrects his mistakes - HECK OF A LOT OF DROPS!!!

Lots to not like...for me the worst thing about this trade this is 2 years with descent slots in the draft we do not have First or Second rounders. Impact picks that you keep on the cheap for like 5 years.

Berry's job definitely was on the line. I feel like we are the Redskins of recent past. 4 Impact picks not used by us. So much for building a dynasty. We made some good moves but we are in cap hell and its win the next two seasons or we rebuild again....smh

Scary situation just Scary.
I think dynasties are a thing of the past
The Chiefs are the closest team to a dynasty.
But with so many teams close together in the AFC from 1 to 5 in a power ranking
I just don't see a dynasty. Especially with the big contracts going to
QBs..WR..DE..CB. what is the turnover Rate with rosters
Every year...25 to 33%
I don't think the Browns were ever talented enough since the return
To quantify for a DYNASTY.
heck they can't even get into the playoffs on a regular basis.

The Moore trade is a good one. He has huge upside and
Offers a skillet no other WR brings to the table on the Browns
It's evident Berry can't draft WRs. Next best option
Go acquire one where the most detailed scouting has already
Been done.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 03:21 PM
I do agree that nothing tells you how a players skill set will transfer to playing in the NFL like watching them play in the NFL does.

This certainly looks like it's a great trade.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 03:27 PM
They sound like Jets guys and they are wearing Jets hats.

I don't know. I thought the te take was interesting.

Can't really make out the hats on my phone. I was looking into moving to Asheville for awhile, though, and know it's in the Carolinas. I guess the personal connection just made the Asheville part stick out, and made me wonder.

No complaints about the take.
Yep, thank you Aaron Rogers and AB for identifying the availability and taking advantage of it
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 06:19 PM
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 06:24 PM
JC...

Really loving this trade...Lets not forget Elijah Moore was touted as a first round pick, whom slid to #34 overall behind the likes of Ja'marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Devanta Smith, and Bateman (Bateman should be really good once he gets healthy) Moore will give us that element of perhaps Brandin Cooks (someones mentioned the comp, funny thing is Zay Flowers in this years draft reminds me if Cooks) Should be well settled in our trio sets with him, Coop, and DPJ. He will excel in those under plays, and the splash over the top plays...a ton more sudden and quick vs David Bell. But our core is looking really nice on paper (I also really liked Darden and Marquez Stevenson when they were coming out of North Texas and Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if one takes Schwartz spot, as they both double as a returner) Moore was buried on that depth chart (Jets had and still have a really deep core, much to the likes of what happened to Braxton Berrios there...poor QB play, and a talented core...pushes you down some)

Felt the value was pretty good, kinda bummed we have to wait until #74 overall to draft (Hoping Keenu Benton, perhaps Drew Sanders is there) I don't think we are drafting a wideout this year...could be wrong, I think they are focused on developing the young guys we have (Moore, Bell, Woods, Stevenson, Darden, Schwartz) Hoping Schwartz has a nice camp, so he can fetch hopefully even a late pick next year.

I'm thinking Berry wants a quick dynamic WR who is ready to play, (rookies often take some time, or hit a wall as well) Moore knows NFL coverages, zones, more advanced routes, etc than any rookie whom will be available at our selections.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 06:32 PM
I think the comp I can see the most is Antonio Brown. Not necessarily going to match his production, but the way Moore snatches the ball cleanly on the move is very reminiscent of Brown.

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 06:40 PM
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I think the comp I can see the most is Antonio Brown. Not necessarily going to match his production, but the way Moore snatches the ball cleanly on the move is very reminiscent of Brown.

Heck I never thought of that one, but that's a good comp...I think his floor is perhaps a Bernard Berrian (there's an odd one for you lol) and hell, if his ceiling is Antonio Brown (without the baggage) Then I'm most content with this trade.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 07:20 PM
Lance Zierlien actually made the Antonio Brown comp on his combine profile on NFL.com. I could just see it while watching highlights.

I'd seen the Cooks comps elsewhere as well, but personally didn't see it as much in what I watched.

He definitely has some similarities with both. There were just more plays that I watched and found myself saying,"Yep, that looks like something Antonio Brown would do."
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 07:27 PM

Stop it!

You're telling me this dude caught 100% (really 103% lol) of his catchable balls last year?? saywhat
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 07:30 PM

Stop it!

You're telling me this dude caught 100% (really 103% lol) of his catchable balls last year?? saywhat

He mighta dropped some that were deemed catchall and caught more that weren't. Sort of like when Braylon could only seem to catch highlight reel balls and drop the easy ones.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Stop it!

He mighta dropped some that were deemed catchall and caught more that weren't. Sort of like when Braylon could only seem to catch highlight reel balls and drop the easy ones.

Yeah, I see now his advanced stats show 2 drops last year. Not that takes anything away from his efficiency.

Good ole Braylon... it was either highlights or a blooper reel, week in and week out. To my eyes, dude had a serious issue with depth perception.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 08:22 PM
I'll say I am more excited about Moore than relived Braylon is ancient history.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 09:03 PM
He had two drops his rookie year ... not last season.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 09:19 PM
According to this site, he had 4 drops as a rookie and 0 last year. Safe to say he doesn't have a drop issue.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player/elijah-moore-15280
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 09:28 PM
According to this site, he had 4 drops as a rookie and 0 last year. Safe to say he doesn't have a drop issue.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player/elijah-moore-15280

Huh. I always go the the site below, but this isn't the first time I've seen different values for 'drops' from site to site. Not a big deal either way... dude doesn't have a hard time putting his (vice) grips on the ball.

Man, that roto site has enough advanced stats to make your eyes bleed!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorEl00.htm#detailed_receiving_and_rushing
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 09:33 PM
Yeah, drops are kind of subjective. I remember we had a thread about it at one point. The numbers varied from site to site. I think it is pretty clear that most of us can see that drops are not an issue for this guy.

I love this trade. The Jeudy deal scared me because of future salary and roster issues. I just hope that Moore is a team guy and won't make waves. We don't need another JJIII running his mouth to the media.

Edit: I've used the site you linked before. I think both are reputable sites.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 09:51 PM
Love the trade. The Browns win the Super Bowl on paper every year. Talk is cheap, time for results and now.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/23/23 10:20 PM
I agree. We were both on the same page with Jeudy. We would have had two less stabs in the draft and a large salary. There's no denying his talent, but I actually think Moore is a better fit. That was my biggest concern through this whole process... fit.

I feel like Berry actually snapped in a puzzle piece that brings more than just the talent of the player alone. He compliments the rest of the corps better than almost any FA available. And the role he excels in is always a crap shoot in the draft; especially when you get into the speedy, 'undersized' (he's on the fringe) receivers.

Moore will fill Watson's eyes very early in his progressions and allow him to "hit" or work through... Working through Cooper, whose window is nearly always at least 'cracked'; and then DPJ -- who seems to always 'make hay' at the backend of that internal clock in the QB's brain. As soon as there is any type of rapport between Watson and Moore; broken and extended plays have the possibility of being defensive back-breakers.

Watson is an athletic QB that can extend plays. He delivers the ball accurately and at an often perfect velocity when on the move. It can look like simple pitch-and-catch when he's at his best... that gives a player like Moore a lot of room for YAC.

With one pick swap, and a stupid-low salary, we've moved the offense so much further forward than I expected at this juncture.

I'm not worried about any "waves". I've read enough to see there was a serious disconnect in NY that wasn't just all about Moore and his attitude. The numbers don't lie. He was already odd-man-out... Rogers having a role picking his new teammates probably just exacerbated the issue and made the divorce easy.

What I don't get is how the heck Berry has mastered the Jedi hand wave when it comes to taking away other teams' wide receivers.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 12:21 AM
j/c

Looks like another astute acquisition - I'd say this is very low cost on all fronts (trade and future salary), also think he comes with much less 'bust' factor or whatever you want to call it. He's light years ahead of what we had in Bell or Schwartz as the 3rd WR / Slot guy behind Cooper and DPJ. There is a lot to like.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 03:27 AM
j/c...

Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 03:50 AM
So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

Somehow it just never translates to actual wins on the field. Weird how that works.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2), DPJ (a league average #3), Moore (a #4 slot guy who we hope has upside due to bad QB play)...and David Bell who is a fringe NFL player. Call me when we get a real #1 and 1 more above average guy to add to that room - oh wait we can't, we don't have any draft picks.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 04:34 AM
So, in other words...

You still think the Browns suck.
You still think they will always suck.
Your only reason for ever posting here is to tell us we're all suckers.

Thanks for checking in. We'll see you after we screw up the draft. thumbsup
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

Somehow it just never translates to actual wins on the field. Weird how that works.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2), DPJ (a league average #3), Moore (a #4 slot guy who we hope has upside due to bad QB play)...and David Bell who is a fringe NFL player. Call me when we get a real #1 and 1 more above average guy to add to that room - oh wait we can't, we don't have any draft picks.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.

NO we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd round pick and a number 2/3 WR with speed that we really needed.

Geez if your going to bitch and moan at least get it right rolleyes
Posted By: The Collector Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 11:17 AM
Should see most of the cowboys stuff. Most REALLY wanted cooper back. He was easily one of the things that made Dak look good. Cooper is a 1.

But any case... here's tom grossi's take
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 12:05 PM
If you are going to make fun of other people, try having your facts straight.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I respect Burns' opinions. On the other hand, this team needs someone who can win out of the slot. DPJ is not that type of WR. Maybe a guy like Bell or Felton will improve by leaps and bounds and win from the slot, but I wouldn't count on it.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 01:07 PM
It will be interesting to see how Moore is integrated into the offense.

In the end my guess is he will be moved around. I think on a weekly basis KS will look for matchups.

It would not surprise me to see Cooper in the slot at times.

What I like that Moore brings is the offense can use the entire field. In 11 personnel we can send a receiver anywhere. We can flood and we can quarter.

DW should have no limits on where to go. I think KS brought in Bill Musgrave to assist him in the development of the offense. Musgrave has 20 years of offensive coaching.

IMO the offense is going to look different. We have been a two TE, play action, run centric team. I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

We have the receivers now for DW to really make a difference.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 01:40 PM
IMO the offense is going to look different. We have been a two TE, play action, run centric team. I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

Could be, or we could spread teams out and take advantage of lighter boxes with Chubb.

I think we'll see a lot of RPOs. I.e, have Chubb to Watson's right in gun, Moore in left slot. Fly sweep motion. Mesh with Chubb, if the flow followed Moore hand it off for outside zone to the left. If everybody stayed home, roll with Moore and threaten the right flat. Have the right outside receiver run a post. If safeties come up, hit the post over the top. If safeties stay over the top, take the easy scramble yards. If the flat defender comes up off of Moore, have Moore turn the flat into a wheel route into the space hopefully cleared by the post and toss it over.

Could also potentially add a screen to Chubb off of the same action, but switch the post to a fly and have the left outside receiver run a drag/slant.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 01:46 PM
I think David Bell will improve quite a bit from year 1 to year 2. I watched a video were they were showing Browns receivers and he was winning 80% of his man to man routes. I see him as a receiver that gets better and better. He just lacks what Elijah Moore has and that is speed.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 01:47 PM
It will be interesting to see how Moore is integrated into the offense.

In the end my guess is he will be moved around. I think on a weekly basis KS will look for matchups.

It would not surprise me to see Cooper in the slot at times.

What I like that Moore brings is the offense can use the entire field. In 11 personnel we can send a receiver anywhere. We can flood and we can quarter.

DW should have no limits on where to go. I think KS brought in Bill Musgrave to assist him in the development of the offense. Musgrave has 20 years of offensive coaching.

WRs that you can interchange In any of the 3 spots in the 11 personal
Packages really stresses the defense. I think KS can scheme that
Without any difficulties
What's funny is why does it seem like Berry is late to the party
In adding the elements of gamebreaking speed to the offense
I think the Browns offense might take a page from the
Bengals and Bills offense in 2023. Cause the offense that was
Implemented in the last 2 years was lacking sizzle and big plays
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 02:15 PM
Berry has been trying to add game breaking speed since he's gotten here. Unfortunately, it hasn't been able to stay on the field. Schwartz has had multiple concussions stunt his development and cause him to miss extended time. Jakeem Grant blew out an Achilles before seeing game action for us.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 02:36 PM
I hope you are correct. That would be huge for us.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 03:13 PM
We were limited at quarterback and the team strength was running the ball.

BM could throw anywhere. The problem was he could not start from the pocket. We had to scheme him to lanes to throw from.

Most of the time we were throwing to one half of the field.

In addition Chubb and Hunt were the real strength of the team. So we used two and three TE's. We never got to the point where Odell and Landry along with a young DPJ got to be all a part of a coherent passing scheme.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 03:18 PM
Wow.
I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

I think this is what we are doing too. I really hope this is true.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

I think this is what we are doing too. I really hope this is true.

I think we will pass more because we finally have a qb that excels in the passing game. However, I think we will still run the ball. The Shanahan/Kubiak tree is known for being balanced. I do agree w/you guys in that we should face fewer stacked boxes now than we have in the past.

I would like to see us run more Pistol than the standard shotgun. Running the Pistol moves the RB into more favorable positions to run from and it does not telegraph the run/pass play call as the basic shotgun does. The key is to the Pistol is to have a qb who is mobile and intelligent enough to exploit attacking defenses.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 04:59 PM
He's small, 5'10 179lbs is real small to play in the NFL.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by BpG
He's small, 5'10 179lbs is real small to play in the NFL.

That was his College weight ... he is probably five pounds heavier.
The little dude is actually pretty muscled up ... And put up 17 reps of 225 at his pro day.

He will be the other shirtless guy on the sidelines not named David Njoku.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 06:56 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 07:11 PM
I think Moore gives Stefanski a lot of flexibility in where he lines guys up. Here are Burns comments regarding Cooper and DPJ in the slot and more on the topic.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/24/23 07:18 PM
HaHa. I just replied to you in the Goodwin thread and brought up Burns' earlier comments. I think Goodwin solves the problem of the slot. I'll be interested to read what Burns has to say about that move. I always like reading his takes. He knows the game.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/25/23 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by GraffZ06

NO we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd round pick and a number 2/3 WR with speed that we really needed.

Geez if your going to bitch and moan at least get it right rolleyes

Bolded to highlight that those are your hopes and prayers (things we specialize in every spring). I'd disagree completely. He's been JAG at NYJ. Browns are betting he's more than that with DW instead of Wilson throwing him the ball. Likely some. Enough to be our #2? Not if our WR room didn't suck.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/25/23 12:48 AM
If you are going to make fun of other people, try having your facts straight.

I wasn't making fun of anyone. Just posting my opinions. We're still allowed to do that right Vers? And what facts did I have incorrect? The fact that he's a slot receiver? Which - fact: he played in college. And fact: is a position that seems more natural given his small stature. But sure, Jake Burns says otherwise (even though he explicitly said it's his opinion as well) so I guess I'm lying.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/25/23 01:00 AM
I remember this kid making me say, "Why don't we ever hit like that?" during his rookie year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/25/23 01:20 PM
Of course you are allowed to state your opinions and I never said you were lying.

I'd say that this is making fun of others:

The following are not facts:

We got Moore and a 3rd rounder. That's a fact. Also, no way is he going to be our 4th WR.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2)

Not a fact. Advanced stats have been posted on this board that verify he is a #1 WR.

Not a fact. Stefanski wants to win. His job is on the line. He isn't going to pass due to Watson's contract. That's simply absurd.

Look, I don't care if you don't like the trade. That's fine. But, don't act like those of us who do like the trade are stupid homers. That's all.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/25/23 08:38 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 02:02 PM
Tariq Woolen was a 5th round draft pick at #153.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 02:24 PM
What will all of this signing of Elijah Moore, and the tight end, and Mar@uise Goodson,
what will it all mean?
It won't mean anything, if the coaches don't get them ready to go

It won't mean anything if they are as ill prepared to win and uncoordinated as the team was in September of 2022.

The coaching, and the GM, and the "group" of coaches hasn't yet showed in at least two years of K S's time as HC that they were ready for either an opener or the month of September games.

Do you trust these coaches to get the offense ready? forget the defense for a minute,
Can the current coaches show that they can get an Offense ready to go for even the beginning month of the regular season.

If the coaches can't figure out what the rest of the NFL is doing, then signing better offensive players still won't lead to finishing better in the division race.

Elijah Moore, should be, a good signing, a great one actually.

Are the coaches going to give us an offense this year?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

He also was a Pro Bowler.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

He also was a Pro Bowler.

For a brief second, I thought you meant he was a Pro Bowler....as in bowling.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 03:26 PM
No, no, no. You can't become a pro bowler based on a popularity contest held among the fans.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 04:07 PM
Yeah, a 5th round cb in Seattle won a popularity contest.

Let's ignore that Moore made a sweet move and focus on a manufactured negative.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 04:14 PM
What did Milk post to make you respond to him that way?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 09:26 PM
With no first or second round draft choices, we can already predict a boring draft and perhaps a C grade by all the pundits.

It’s normally not my cup of tea, but the season is not always determined by the draft.

I like the trade for Moore. The price was not too high, and we did not lose a pick.

Maybe a solid player will emerge, but the season will be determined by Watson and how the staff adjusts to his skill set, and his skills coming back.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 09:33 PM
Solid comments, especially about how the staff needs to adjust to Watsons talents.

The fans need to adjust as well. It's not going to be Chubb 25 times a game.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 09:52 PM
Its hard to drop the ball when you are not being TARGETED

I know we got a 3rd rounder...the FACT is we did not have a First nor a Second round pick in 2 seasons...TWO! value chart crapola who cares. When my point is we did not get a pick in the IMPACT rounds which are so so important.

This is a big void of young talent that will forever be overpaid now in FA and none are good as hitting on Ward, Delpit, Garrett, Bitonio, Chubb, Newsome. Watson is more scarier investment than I originally thought. I thought he would be this amazing QB with vision and amazing pre and post snap reads. We can hope that it was just rust but I didn't see the mental improvements...my original beef on him was his character towards women. But now I am wondering if you all over qualified him as a top 5 QB. Well we got weapons galore now as for the kid Elijah Moore I never said he was garbage I was saying that he had a bad case of the drops and last year he was not targeted as any kind of reliable WR weapon which then came with social media attitude making him tradeable. I think we got taken by the Jets who had given up on their 2nd round pick and they got a 2nd for him. It was not a good trade - Hey maybe we can get lucky and the kid will mature into a good player. I think we got Goodwin to help mold him. But all the talk about how great he was was just Fandom at its best on this board. Which I'm guilty of it in the past..

We will see. I think we made as good a moves as we could this off season. Props to Berry but it is all work to offset the terrible trade we made cause of a Owner that just couldn't finish the deal of being patient and letting the football people do their job.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/26/23 10:18 PM
Good to see ya posting.

I think if you really dig into Moore from college on and get behind the curtain in NY. It may change your opinion.

Regarding DW anything written at this stage is guess work.

When this season is over you will have your answer on the trade to get him.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/27/23 04:32 PM
The Browns made the deal with the devil when they traded for Watson.

These are the consequences.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/27/23 09:33 PM
This is a big void of young talent that will forever be overpaid now in FA and none are good as hitting on Ward, Delpit, Garrett, Bitonio, Chubb, Newsome

I'd counter that, neither Denzel Ward nor Delpit are very good/ much over average, Garrett took a while, one year, Bitonio took 4 to five years to play at a top level, Chubb they hit on, and Newsome has been above average but in a small sample 2 years.
Moore and Amari Cooper together could wind up a good move.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/28/23 12:24 AM
I’ll take the “consequences” cuz it means we got a top-shelf QB.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/28/23 12:18 PM
The "consequences" that was previously made makes absolutely no sense. There were several of us [led by bonefish] that were talking of trading for Moore long before this trade was made. We basically stole Moore from the Jets. His salary is just above $1 million for the next two years. The Jets wanted that 2nd round pick to throw in the Rodgers trade and they then had to sign Hardman for around $6.5 million. The Jets are so desperate to land Rodgers that they let the Browns fleece them in this particular trade.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/28/23 02:39 PM
Analyzing the revamped wide receiver room after adding Elijah Moore, Marquise Goodwin

Cory Kinnan
March 26, 2023 12:26 pm ET

As the Cleveland Browns saw their passing offense finish in the bottom-quarter of the league, they made a concerted effort to get more explosive this offseason. By both trading for third-year wide receiver Elijah Moore and signing veteran speedster Marquise Goodwin, the Browns have taken a step forward in that department.

Now with a crowded wide receiver room, what is the outlook of the wide receiver position for the Browns in 2023 and beyond? We analyze here the depth of the position, the versatility, the roles that are filled, and what still might be needed at the wide receiver position in Cleveland.

Elijah Moore is not just a slot receiver

As Elijah Moore comes to Cleveland, there is the idea that he is going to be strictly a slot receiver, but that has never been the case in his career. In 2022 with the Jets, Moore’s reps were split 50/50 out wide and in the slot. Even in 2021, his rookie season, Moore played just 28 percent of his snaps from the slot.

With the route running savvy and ability to win off the line of scrimmage, Moore has the skillset to predominantly carve up defensive backs from Z looks more often than in the slot. And this gives the Browns a great deal of alignment versatility to play with.

With Moore and Goodwin now added to the roster (and especially Moore), the Browns now have the luxury of moving both Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones around as well. As Cooper ages a bit, the Browns can move him into the slot and exploit mismatches with him inside.

Even on early downs and non-obvious passing situations, there is a ton of benefit to sticking Peoples-Jones in the slot as well. Their best blocking receiver, he could act as a faux-tight end as the Browns look to run predominantly 11 personnel and run out of the shotgun.

And just because Moore has the skillset of a Z, he does have a nice volume of snaps in the slot too. Last year’s third rounder could also play in the slot as well in four-wide sets and even in some three-wide packages offensively.

In two wide receiver sets the Browns could trot out their two most lethal in Cooper and Moore, or they could trot out Peoples-Jones and Cooper. In three wide receiver sets, the Browns could throw speed on the field with Moore and Goodwin with Cooper, or they could throw their three best with Cooper, Moore, and Peoples-Jones.

There are options galore for the Browns as they look to get more explosive offensively.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lis...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 03/29/23 02:05 PM
I’m late to the party here, but Moore is a dynamic player. YAC and explosive plays are now expected in the passing game.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/01/23 12:32 PM
The "consequences" that was previously made makes absolutely no sense. There were several of us [led by bonefish] that were talking of trading for Moore long before this trade was made. We basically stole Moore from the Jets. His salary is just above $1 million for the next two years. The Jets wanted that 2nd round pick to throw in the Rodgers trade and they then had to sign Hardman for around $6.5 million. The Jets are so desperate to land Rodgers that they let the Browns fleece them in this particular trade.

I believe the Hardman deal was made prior to trading Moore making him expendable. Moore was a disappointment for the Jets. I understand the environment there on their O was not a good one. Still He was the first player taken in the 2nd round (???) so he cam into the NFL with high expectations.

I actually have a good feeling about Moore but its just a feeling and not close to fact yet.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/01/23 02:30 PM

I believe the Hardman deal was made prior to trading Moore making him expendable. Moore was a disappointment for the Jets. I understand the environment there on their O was not a good one. Still He was the first player taken in the 2nd round (???) so he cam into the NFL with high expectations.

I actually have a good feeling about Moore but its just a feeling and not close to fact yet.

Moore entered the NFL as a potential #1 WR with a stellar background. Teams don't part with players like that after 2-years on rookie deals unless they have failed to meet expectations. Teams certainly don't replace said player with a backup from another team at 6-times the cost.

That said, I don't disagree with getting Moore to see if the Browns can turn around his career. Dollar wise, it's a no brainer with potential. I'm not so keen on using a 2nd round pick on a player taken in the 2nd round just 2 years ago that has failed to live up to the hype, but Berry has a documented history of putting players on the roster with potential. So now the Browns have a #1 WR in Cooper and a #3 WR in DPJ. Berry was expected to upgrade the room with a clear cut #2. He's decided to do that on the cheap with (as it stands) 12 guys with "potential." Which ones that will step up for those 4-5 available positions remains to be seen but should lead to a very interesting camp but a clear #2 isn't on the roster yet based on documented history of play.

#1 Armani Cooper - 9 years' experience, 2022 stats of 78 receptions on 132 targets for 1160 yards and 9 TD's
#3 Donovan Peoples-Jones - 3 years' experience, 3-year average of 36 receptions on 58 targets for 580 yards and 2.7 TD's

POTENTIAL CANDIDATES (ranked by average yds none of which has been better than DPJ)
Elijah Moore - 2 years' experience, 2-year average of 40 receptions on 71 targets for 492 yds and 3 TD's
Marquise Goodwin - 9 years' experience, 5 yr avg of 28 receptions on 50 targets for 449 yards and 2.4 TD's
Jakeem Grant - 7 years' experience, 5 yr avg of 20 receptions on 32 targets for 228 yards and 1.4 TD's
David Bell - 1 year experience, 24 receptions on 35 targets for 214 yards and zero TD's
Demetric Felton - 2 years' experience, 2-year average of 10 receptions on 13 targets for 95 yards and 1 TD's
Anthony Schwartz - 2 years' experience, 2-year average of 7 receptions on 17 targets for 93 yards and .5 TD's
Michael Woods - 1 year experience, 5 receptions on 10 targets for 45 yards and zero TD's
Jaelon Darden - 2 years' experience, 2-year average of 4 receptions on 7 targets for 35 yards and zero TD's
Daylen Baldwin - 1 year experience, 2 receptions on 2 targets for 25 yards and zero TD's
Marquez Stevenson - 2 years' experience mostly practice squad
Mike Harley - 1 year on the practice squad
Isaiah Weston - 2 years' experience practice squad

Who's going to step up?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/01/23 06:27 PM
The Jets made the deal to get the second round pick for working the Rodgers deal.

Until you dig into Moore and really look. You don't know about him. Numbers alone don't tell a story without context.

Understand the Jets while Moore was there. Look at who was throwing the ball or not throwing the ball. Look at advanced analytics on Moore.

Listen to guys like Greg Cosell who know what Moore was in college. How he was used. Then what happened with the Jets.

Most had Moore going in the first round. He ended up as pick 34. He is 23 years old now.

Turn around his career? You could make a case for his career has not yet begun.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/01/23 06:46 PM
Our QB situation has not been stellar either. Yet DPJ has put up slightly better numbers that Moore. And once again, what someone says about a player coming out of college more often then not doesn't quite translate in terms of NFL production. We see how that plays out over and over again.

I'm not saying Moore is a bad WR or that the Browns got a bad deal here. I actually think they did a good job and didn't overpay. They need a legitimate third guy and they got him at a good price. They have Cooper as their #1 and now they have their #2 and #3 targets in place. Whether that be DPJ as #2 and Moore at #3 or vice versa.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/01/23 06:49 PM
j/c:

I have tried to say this a couple of times, but we did not give up a 2nd round pick for just Moore. We gave up a 2nd round pick for Moore and a 3rd round pick. That's a significant difference.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
2021 film breakdown and expectations going forward.

Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 02:47 AM
More 2021 film breakdown

Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 10:55 AM
Great tape FLD.

That is what I am talking about.

Context. Watch the player. Numbers can be misleading. Receivers need quarterbacks to throw the ball to them on time and accurately.

Moore was a steal by AB. He will fit perfectly with DW. He is the right guy to find when you have a qb like DW who can move in the pocket and extend plays.

We moved from #42 to #74 and stole Moore.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 11:53 AM
Thanks for the videos.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 12:50 PM
I think AB did very well with FA so far especially with the Moore trade. I don't understand why no matter what moves we make a few posters always find fault with it. I've been negative a few times over the years, it's hard not to be being a Browns fan, but overall, I will say it's a good move or at least take a wait and see approach. The videos show a lot about Moore and what he's capable of. I hope AB does as good a job finding solid players in the draft.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 01:19 PM
Other than stripper, they all have one thing in common.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 01:34 PM
Moore entered the NFL as a potential #1 WR with a stellar background. Teams don't part with players like that after 2-years on rookie deals unless they have failed to meet expectations. Teams certainly don't replace said player with a backup from another team at 6-times the cost.

I agree with that in principle.

That said, the Jets are also trying to land Rodgers and need to add solid piks, either to trade to the Packers or to supplement their draft.

Seeing that the Jets have a very solid WR room, exposing one of those assets to gain a top pick makes perfect sense given the situation. If they weren't going for a QB, I doubt they would have traded Moore.

In short, I don't think the trade was made because the Jets gave up on Moore.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 01:45 PM
College film breakdown

Posted By: eotab Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 03:31 PM
The Jets made the deal to get the second round pick for working the Rodgers deal.

Until you dig into Moore and really look. You don't know about him. Numbers alone don't tell a story without context.

Understand the Jets while Moore was there. Look at who was throwing the ball or not throwing the ball. Look at advanced analytics on Moore.

Listen to guys like Greg Cosell who know what Moore was in college. How he was used. Then what happened with the Jets.

Most had Moore going in the first round. He ended up as pick 34. He is 23 years old now.

Under that concept if applied to Baker the kid was a HOFer...lol laugh

What sticks in my craw is the fact that for two years now we have not been able to use a First or a Second round pick when it has been described on if you HIT with those picks or if you Bust on those picks that is a barometer on building a dynasty or forever floundering and trying to catch up with the competition.

If Berry feels those draft picks are just a crap shoot then I want him gone - a Personnel guy who doesn't have a clue about drafting impact players is not an NFL GM. Mind you I actually like Berry and I think he can pick em...again the trade sucked and put us in cap hell for a long time and a team made up of FA I don't think wins - possibly one year then they got to do it over again, building through the draft you build a dynasty where you are in the playoffs year after year!
jmho
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 03:38 PM
History on this board has been rewritten. "Your future is built on the draft" has turned into, "eh". And there seems to no longer be a salary cap which should be considered.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:01 PM

Under that concept if applied to Baker the kid was a HOFer...lol laugh

What sticks in my craw is the fact that for two years now we have not been able to use a First or a Second round pick when it has been described on if you HIT with those picks or if you Bust on those picks that is a barometer on building a dynasty or forever floundering and trying to catch up with the competition.

If Berry feels those draft picks are just a crap shoot then I want him gone - a Personnel guy who doesn't have a clue about drafting impact players is not an NFL GM. Mind you I actually like Berry and I think he can pick em...again the trade sucked and put us in cap hell for a long time and a team made up of FA I don't think wins - possibly one year then they got to do it over again, building through the draft you build a dynasty where you are in the playoffs year after year!
jmho

My opinion is that Elijah Moore is a better receiver (who can also be used from the back field, lined up as a RB) then what this Draft class has to offer ... and we already have our franchise QB.
^
There's two first round pick values right there.

For the cost of only having to drop down 32 spots and not lose a Draft pick is pure genius.

Cooper and Moore gives us two excellent route technicians, which will losen up the box for Nick Chubb after years of running him into stacked boxes ... and we know what DPJ can do if they sleep on him.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:12 PM
Good solid moves were made by AB. The DW move was a good one too or at least a good gamble because, as I've stated numerous of times on this board, we don't do a very good job of 1st round drafting and we sure don't develop QB's. That doesn't mean we should always trade our 1st round picks for established players that's not what I'm intimating. A team that wants to be a contender year after year has to hit on their high draft picks. We don't and the results speak for themselves over the last 23 years. We took a different route with DW and Moore. I do hope it's only temporary because I do believe an NFL team should build through the draft. JMO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:21 PM
This FO hasn't been here and in charge for 23 years. I have no idea what the success or failure of other FO's have to do with this FO drafting players.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Good solid moves were made by AB. The DW move was a good one too or at least a good gamble because, as I've stated numerous of times on this board, we don't do a very good job of 1st round drafting and we sure don't develop QB's. That doesn't mean we should always trade our 1st round picks for established players that's not what I'm intimating. A team that wants to be contend year after year has to hit on their high draft picks. We don't and the results speak for themselves over the last 23 years. We took a different route with DW and Moore. I do hope it's only temporary because I do believe an NFL team should build through the draft. JMO

I wouldn't read too much into the process ... because now that we can check QB off the list ... then I think that we will pivot back to building through the Draft.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:28 PM
That's what should be done build through the draft. I understand this FO hasn't been here for 23 years but our track record is awful and I can't understand why it goes from one regime to another. I believe right now with AB we have our best chance of drafting better players. I really like him and feel he is very competent.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
That's what should be done build through the draft. I understand this FO hasn't been here for 23 years but our track record is awful and I can't understand why it goes from one regime to another. I believe right now with AB we have our best chance of drafting better players. I really like him and feel he is very competent.

Yes, I read between the lines there and knew that you weren't just speaking of this current regime ... but the results remained the same for the most part.

AB still does need to show that he can draft certain positions and honestly we could have to wait a little longer to evaluate them given our current remaining draft capital ... with anything after day two your percentages are not so good to begin with.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 04:57 PM
I agree with you.

The decision was made to get a franchise quarterback. In order to win at the highest level you need a quarterback to play at that level.

We had to pay a price in order to sign DW both in money and draft capital.

Once DW was in house. You have to work the cap. AB IMO has been cap conscious in the free agents signed.

At the same we do have eight picks in the draft.

Going forward it is a matter of balance. Continue to draft and develop players. Use free agents to fill holes while balancing the cap.

In the end it is about the roster you take to the field and how they play that counts.

DW gives us a chance to compete against the other teams with great quarterbacks.

Berry, Stefanski and the team will be judged by their record this year.

All the talk about the cap, DW, KS, AB, the rest of the team, how to build the team, DW's salary, drafting etc. etc.

All that will is on the stove. 2023 Browns will sink or swim. At seasons end we will either be happy with the results or not.

Attempting to judge all that has transpired to date is meaningless. We have to wait for the results.

I like the the moves made. I agree with the why, and the changes made. I hope the results will lead to a Super Bowl win at some point soon.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 06:03 PM
I agree with you.

The decision was made to get a franchise quarterback. In order to win at the highest level you need a quarterback to play at that level.

Once DW was in house. You have to work the cap. AB IMO has been cap conscious in the free agents signed.

Going forward it is a matter of balance. Continue to draft and develop players. Use free agents to fill holes while balancing the cap.

In the end it is about the roster you take to the field and how they play that counts.

DW gives us a chance to compete against the other teams with great quarterbacks.

All the talk about the cap, DW, KS, AB, the rest of the team, how to build the team, DW's salary, drafting etc. etc.

All that will is on the stove. 2023 Browns will sink or swim. At seasons end we will either be happy with the results or not.

Attempting to judge all that has transpired to date is meaningless. We have to wait for the results.

I like the the moves made. I agree with the why, and the changes made. I hope the results will lead to a Super Bowl win at some point soon.
Andrew Berry is in a win now mode. He finally came to
The realization that in order for this franchise to
Ascend, the days of drafting wait and see players only stunts
The progress. And I will tell the Cincinnati Bengals essentially
Forced Berry to trade for Watson. Here's my reasoning

In 2020 the Browns won a playoff game. Played the Chiefs
Tough in a playoff loss. That next season the Browns
Were picked by so many "experts" to represent the AFC
In the SB or at least go to the AFC Title game.
But very few saw the Bengals as a threat to win the North.
The experts laughed when they drafted JaMarr Chase
Over Penei Sewell. Berry got content and thought
The Browns had a easy road to win the North.
Even his drafting reflected his arrogance.
He took Anthony Schwartz in RD 3. He knew Schwartz was
A project.

But alas the Bengals won the North and Berry never saw it
Coming. He knew now the Browns had the Bills Chiefs Bengals
As teams to overcome. The Dolphins added Tyrek Hill
To match-up with those 3 teams.
So Berry knew Baker Mayfield no way no how was good
Enough to get the Browns to the AFC Championship Game.
At best Baker was a beneficiary of the talent around him.
Much like at Oklahoma.
So Berry and Haslam now have to some how get into arms
Race. Burrow Allen and Mahomes are double barreled
Shotguns. Mayfield is a Derringer.

They trade for Watson and use 2022 as a throwaway year.
So in order to even have a chance to compete with the
Big 3 in AFC...Berry now has to bring in proven talent.
Akins...Moore...Goodwin...and Instead of conservative
3 TE offense and ground and pound attack...Berry knows
The Browns have to change the pass run ratio and
The passing schemes downfield.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 06:11 PM
I agree with you.

Andrew Berry is in a win now mode. He finally came to
The realization that in order for this franchise to
Ascend, the days of drafting wait and see players only stunts
The progress. And I will tell the Cincinnati Bengals essentially
Forced Berry to trade for Watson. Here's my reasoning

In 2020 the Browns won a playoff game. Played the Chiefs
Tough in a playoff loss. That next season the Browns
Were picked by so many "experts" to represent the AFC
In the SB or at least go to the AFC Title game.
But very few saw the Bengals as a threat to win the North.
The experts laughed when they drafted JaMarr Chase
Over Penei Sewell. Berry got content and thought
The Browns had a easy road to win the North.
Even his drafting reflected his arrogance.
He took Anthony Schwartz in RD 3. He knew Schwartz was
A project.

But alas the Bengals won the North and Berry never saw it
Coming. He knew now the Browns had the Bills Chiefs Bengals
As teams to overcome. The Dolphins added Tyrek Hill
To match-up with those 3 teams.
So Berry knew Baker Mayfield no way no how was good
Enough to get the Browns to the AFC Championship Game.
At best Baker was a beneficiary of the talent around him.
Much like at Oklahoma.
So Berry and Haslam now have to some how get into arms
Race. Burrow Allen and Mahomes are double barreled
Shotguns. Mayfield is a Derringer.

They trade for Watson and use 2022 as a throwaway year.
So in order to even have a chance to compete with the
Big 3 in AFC...Berry now has to bring in proven talent.
Akins...Moore...Goodwin...and Instead of conservative
3 TE offense and ground and pound attack...Berry knows
The Browns have to change the pass run ratio and
The passing schemes downfield.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 06:16 PM
As a fan I think you either trust Berry or you don't.

He is responsible for the roster. How he builds the roster and manages the cap is all a part of being the GM.

Stefanski has to take the roster that Berry built and make them play as a team.

It not more complicated than that.

Both Berry and Stefanski are young guys. Mistakes will be made. There will be times you are learning as you go.

Hopefully they will win enough games to keep their jobs. Then continue to grow and get better at all things their jobs require.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 06:37 PM
Just a couple of comments on your post. I agree that mistakes will be made. I can't think of a single team in the NFL where mistakes aren't made by even the most experienced of staffs. I don't think your comment, "you either trust Berry or you don't" holds up. Sure you can feel that way if you like but that's not how a job review works. You measure each move and decision independently. Some will be positive and some won't. As such some should be applauded and some shouldn't. Each move is independent of the others and not put into a one size fits all bag.

And reality dictates the Browns are a multi billion dollar corporation. Fans see it as a sport and as such it's hard to take the overall business aspect in perspective. When you look at the money and investment Haslam has made to "win now" I think his expectations will be very high. What might be winning enough games for some of the most loyal fan base may be enough for Haslam to justify keeping Berry and or Stefanski. The expectations between the fan base and Haslam may be quite different.

I certainly understand the continuity aspect and have often times, just like yourself, been a big proponent of it. And much like yourself I hope they meet Haslam's expectation much like you do. But after all the money Haslam has spent he is a businessman. And when it comes to business return on investment is the bottom line.

I think Berry has done very well during this off season. He has seemingly addressed most every major weakness the Browns had. I don't see where he overpaid in accomplishing that. But as per usual we will have to see how that plays out on the field. Looking good on paper has never solved anything in and of itself.

As Vince Lombardi said, "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing."
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 06:40 PM
As a fan I think you either trust Berry or you don't.

He is responsible for the roster. How he builds the roster and manages the cap is all a part of being the GM.

Stefanski has to take the roster that Berry built and make them play as a team.

It not more complicated than that.

Both Berry and Stefanski are young guys. Mistakes will be made. There will be times you are learning as you go.

Hopefully they will win enough games to keep their jobs. Then continue to grow and get better at all things their jobs require.

Why have the Chiefs Bills and Bengals jumped over the Browns
In the AFC? And even the Steelers have leaped over the Browns
Even if the Browns go to the playoffs and let's say they lose
In the opening RD is that progress?
Not really cause you aren't no better ahead then you were
In 2020. The harsh truth is the Browns have accomplished very
Little under Berry's direction as GM. Yeah he wins the off season
Super Bowl every year.
I mean really how much time is Berry allowed to get to the SB?
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 07:57 PM
I agree with you.

I agree that we have to wait to see the results ... but we can see that the process of acquiring the talent is in line with our deficiencies and we haven't always been able to say that, and many times the FO would leave us scratching our heads in confusion with moves that seemingly made no since.

I think that last year was an outlier in that once the 11 games suspension vertict was known they decided that fixing our needs and spending future cap money at DT was a futile pursuit that would have changed little in the big picture of last season. They will never admit as such, but it was pretty clear that last seasons expectations where not very high without having Watson for 11 games, who still would have needed some games to shake off the rust even with a 6 - 8 game suspension.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 08:40 PM

They have Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. I don't think those teams jumped us. KC has been the class of the conference for awhile. Buffalo has been above us for awhile. Burrow was injured for part of our playoff year.

We had Baker Mayfield, who the entire league thinks very little of. You have never thought Baker was any good. I am not placing you in the Baker Mayfield fan club.

We made the bold and brave decision to move away from Baker and went all-in to secure the best QB on the market. Why are you not happy w/that?

We were told that the move was bad and that we were in salary cap hell and would not be able to sign any players. Yet, we killed it in free agency and plugged a lot of holes. What's wrong w/that?
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 10:16 PM

They have Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow. I don't think those teams jumped us. KC has been the class of the conference for awhile. Buffalo has been above us for awhile. Burrow was injured for part of our playoff year.

We had Baker Mayfield, who the entire league thinks very little of. You have never thought Baker was any good. I am not placing you in the Baker Mayfield fan club.

We made the bold and brave decision to move away from Baker and went all-in to secure the best QB on the market. Why are you not happy w/that?

We were told that the move was bad and that we were in salary cap hell and would not be able to sign any players. Yet, we killed it in free agency and plugged a lot of holes. What's wrong w/that?
Yes Berry has done well addressing the Browns needs this off season
He was very aggressive yet was financially smart at
The same time. But I think these moves do have.a sense of
Urgency about it. The AFC is loaded. The only teams
I can't see in the playoff conversation in the AFC is
The Colts Texans, Ravens ( if Lamar is moved)
This is a huge year for Berry and Stefanski
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/02/23 10:27 PM
I understand your point and I agree. You do look at each move independently.

So far in free agency I agree with the moves Berry has made. The draft? I don't feel qualified to question their picks. I may have an opinion on players but there is way more involved in the draft.

I stated clearly that Berry overestimated the DT on last years team.

Overall I trust Berry as a GM. I know you do not hit on every draft pick.

I am fully aware of what is riding on this season. I want it to work. I want the staff to stay together.

I feel we will field a good team. I also think we will see the DW we are expecting to see.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/03/23 03:32 PM
We were told that the move was bad and that we were in salary cap hell and would not be able to sign any players.

rofl

Yeah, they weren't speaking long term or using the line you became such a fan of.... "kicking the can down the road". Let's pretend none of that happened.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/03/23 03:35 PM
It did happen. However, you and a couple of others were talking about this year on multiple threads. Again.......I'll propose a bet. If I can find posts that back up my claim--you leave the board. If I can't--I'll leave the board. The last time I offered that bet, you brought up Baker Mayfield and me leaving the board last year. Man up......or shut up!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/03/23 03:44 PM
Ooooh, Mr. Shut up! Playing the tough gut I see. lmao I reported exactly what you did. And everyone who was here is a witness. And what the watson move did was leave us in cap hell this year. So that is and was true. There were ways to mitigate that for the short term and that was also discussed. That's where you learned to hate the term "kicking the can down the road". You want to have a got you moment and pick out certain posts without putting them in context with everything that was being stated at the time to allow for context.

You are never going to dictate to me what to post. You're never going to bait me into some selective posts that do not show the overall sentiment. Your games and superiority complex have grown old. I won't be shutting up any time soon especially when you try to paint a portrait that doesn't exist. Get over yourself. You aren't the teacher here and this isn't your classroom.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/03/23 03:57 PM
LOL........just as "almost everyone" thought. All mouth. No substance.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/03/23 04:02 PM
You sound like a sixth grader on the playground. That doesn't surprise me at all. Sorry to all sixth graders for the insult.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/04/23 04:25 AM

Nothing.

Savage was right about one thing, we have a lot of Woah is me fans.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/26/23 04:01 AM
Here's what we're going to get:

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/26/23 10:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll just flip it on the TV in a few minutes.

I had been looking for Building the Browns. I wasn't aware of the name change until a few days ago, so i had to catch up on the first two episodes.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/26/23 01:34 PM
I love that stuff. Really do.

It fires me up. I believe in effort and attitude.

To see a young guy push himself. Push. Go beyond what you thought you could do.

When I don't see that from from a player. I don't want them.

To be great you have to want it bad. It has to consume you.

It doesn't matter if it's sports or something else. You have to go beyond what others will do.

My daughter is one of the most driven people I have ever known. She has been that way since kindergarten.

I recognize what Moore's Mom was saying.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/26/23 02:04 PM
Attitude and determination = Hustle.

Everything else might go bad for one reason or another, but hustle never slumps.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Browns trade for Elijah Moore - 04/27/23 12:18 PM
I am not sure the name changed...maybe it has...since I don't seem to see any Building Browns Episodes...But the format seems a bit different where Unleased seems to focus on a single person in the organization....One thing is for sure...The Browns have one of, if not, the best media content departments in the NFL...These shows for me are cannot miss...

I liked the Moore trade before seeing this...and after seeing this...(fluff piece or not) I see the Jarvis Landry/Amari Cooper attributes that made them beloved players here. I am even more excited about this pick up...especially when he and Cooper get together and start collaborating. Many see Cooper as one of the best route runners in the league...pair that up with Moore's determination and work ethic...An an already great route runner in Moore can only get even better....

I think we really stole something here. Excited to see how it plays out...
© DawgTalkers.net