DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: PDR Pick #227: Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State - 04/27/13 10:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/garrett-gilkey?id=2540227

Overview

Gilkey proved to be both a true student and athlete throughout high school. A two-year starter at Aurora Christian High School, Gilkey helped lead his team to a 12-1 record and a trip to the state semifinals. He was named to the all-area and all-conference team for his stellar season. Gilkey also participated in track, baseball and wrestling, in addition to being a straight-A student. Gilkey found out about Chadron State through his high school coach, and decided to go there after a 14-hour trip to visit the campus.

His first year on the squad, Gilkey took a redshirt. In 2009, he saw action in six games, and registered two starts. The following year, Gilkey started all 11 games at left tackle. He also joined the basketball team midway through the season, and played in a reserve role. Gilkey missed the first two games of the 2011 season due to his appendix bursting, but finished off the year with nine consecutive starts. Gilkey started every game of the 2012 season.
day 3 has sucked for the most part.. lol..
Posted By: PDR Re: Pick #227: Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State - 04/27/13 10:28 PM
NFL.com is calling him an OT, ESPN an OG.

He's 6'6 318.
His team called him a tackle.
Quote:

day 3 has sucked for the most part.. lol..

This whole draft sucked azz. I hate the Mingo pick. I like McFadden and Slaughter will be depth.
I believe he played OT in college but projects to OG. If i remember right i think this kid did pretty good at one of the bowls (Senior Bowl?).
j/c

Shut up whiners. Again, value at need... with a mean streak.

Garrett Gilkey

Cleveland Browns Seventh Round: 227th Pick

Chadron State's Garrett Gilkey is an intriguing NFL prospect who has a chance to be an excellent player at the next level. He features the measurables, work ethic and mean streak most look for in an offensive-line prospect.

The big question is if Gilkey can translate his dominance against the lesser competition he faced at Chadron State to the next level.

Strengths
+ Aggressiveness
+ Strength
+ Motor

Weaknesses
- Fluidity
- Small School
Tools:

Height: 6’6” Weight: 318 pounds Arm Length: 32 5/8” 40 time: 5.33

Intangibles/Character: ESPN’s Elizabeth Merrill did an entire article centered on the strong character of Gilkey. The focus of the article surrounds how he dealt with bullies throughout his high school days. This says everything you need to know about Gilkey’s personality.

System: Gilkey will fit either a power- or zone-blocking scheme. However, his aggressiveness and nasty streak make him a better fit in a power system. The image below shows Gilkey driving a defender several yards down the field. This is a guy who works to put his opponent on his back on every play.

Pass-Blocking: Playing offensive tackle in college provided Gilkey with experience while working in space. However, he doesn’t have the fluidity needed to consistently protect the edge at the next level. Gilkey struggles to remain balanced as he works his way to the edge. This is the main reason why Gilkey needs to move inside to guard, as he’ll get more protection at this spot.

Gilkey’s strength as a player is his power and aggressiveness. Moving inside to guard will provide him with a better opportunity to quickly get his hands on the pass-rusher. His strength helps him wrap up defensive linemen and control their movements.

Run-Blocking: Gilkey is arguably the most aggressive offensive lineman in this draft class. He’s a nasty player who works to the whistle and wants to put his opponent on his back. That mentality helps make Gilkey a powerful, and potentially dominant, run-blocker.

His success as a run-blocker isn’t tied only to his raw strength and effort. He also does a good job of keeping his pads low and gaining his hands inside. Gilkey fires off the ball, keeping his pads down and driving the defender off the ball.

Gilkey’s commitment to gaining leverage is why he’s able to move inside to guard despite his 6’6” frame.

Blocking in Space: The ability to hold up in space depends on the balance and fluidity of an offensive lineman. Gilkey possesses some athleticism, but just doesn’t have the quick feet to consistently protect the edge. The quicker pass-rushers in the NFL will easily be able bend the corner and generate pressure on the quarterback.

Hand-Fighting: Because of his upper-body strength, Gilkey is able to lock on to a defender and control his movements. That will play a role in his success as a run-blocker and pass-blocker. His first move off the line is always aggressive and aimed to gain inside hand placement.

Recovery: Gilkey is able to remain balanced in most situations. However, he has a tendency to over-extend himself when trying to protect the edge against speed-rushers so that is the main reason why his future success depends on moving inside to guard.

On the inside, Gilkey can use his strong base to absorb initial contact and re-set himself. He also boasts enough quickness off the snap to keep defenders from shooting through the gap.

Technique: The consistency at which Gilkey obtains his hands inside and gains leverage is a major asset. After gaining this initial positioning, he engages the defender and works to the whistle, helping him drive defensive linemen off the ball in the running game and keep pass-rushers out of the quarterback’s face.

Future Role/Versatility: Gilkey’s future in the NFL is at the guard position. However, his experience at left tackle in college means he can potentially fill in at tackle in a pinch. That type of versatility is important to NFL teams because injuries often occur in the offensive line.

Draft Projection: Fourth round
Quote:

Run-Blocking: Gilkey is arguably the most aggressive offensive lineman in this draft class. He’s a nasty player who works to the whistle and wants to put his opponent on his back. That mentality helps make Gilkey a powerful, and potentially dominant, run-blocker.

Love that. I bet Trent does too. I think with some of the quesiton marks at guard, this guy will have an opportunity to earn the starting spot.
Special teams at least! Loved the NASTY part. Welcome aboard!
I bet he's in there at LG before the end of the season. Maybe before the end of TC.
I thought he was projected alot higher than the 7th round.
I'm good with this pick. Would have preferred Mady who would have started at RG for us, but Gilkey can back up any non-center position on the line.
Projected to go in the 4th. Like I said, value at need.
The Browns came away with everything I hoped for, OLB, CB, FS and OG. Gilkey will be depth at G this year and maybe become a starter at LG next year.

Great draft, well dun by the FO.

Quote:

The Browns came away with everything I hoped for, OLB, CB, FS and OG. Gilkey will be depth at G this year and maybe become a starter at LG next year.

Great draft, well dun by the FO.

Now, let's see what the find in the UDFA market.. This will be fun to watch..
I'm hoping that we pick up Stoneburner from Ohio State. And that's not just because I'm a homer but I think he could come in and contribute right away. But I don't know if the front office will get anyone at TE. Maybe they somehow feel content with Cameron, Davis.
Quote:

Quote:

Love that. I bet Trent does too. I think with some of the quesiton marks at guard, this guy will have an opportunity to earn the starting spot.

i doubt he gets a shot at starting, Greco looked good the last 6 games and Pinkston looked good before he got sick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i doubt he gets a shot at starting, Greco looked good the last 6 games and Pinkston looked good before he got sick

Looking good does not mean they are truly good. You are joking yourself if you don't think both Guard positions are in need of an upgrade. Is this guy it? Who knows, but the Guard position is where we are lacking on the OL right now.
I fall in love with a late round pick every year, but you gotta youtube this guy. Ive never seen a lineman that has an 85% pancake block rate. He either does that or drives the OLB out of bounds before he stops. I know it was against poor competition but still I love the "effort" i.e mean streak.

GO BROWNS!
Look at the Youtube of the other guy from Nowhere Competition schools. they both look like Men playing w/boys. Both are prospects. I'll be happy if Gilkey can make our roster n probably will get a shot at Special Teams when we punt n fg stuff.

Learn Technique from Warhop n Sullivan see if he can take the place of Greco as the Swingman 6th guy. If pressed into service due to injuries I hope he can hold his own.

Got to see him play against real football players before I judge his skills. Easy to be nasty when you are the only Big guy around

Well actually I wouldn't know that - I was always the little big guy...lol

Hope he makes our roster n is better than the guy we got last year that I was not impressed with at all...of course posters had him penciled in right away as a starter for us at OG...lol

JMHO
Quote:

Hope he makes our roster n is better than the guy we got last year

Who, Ryan Millar? I only remember 2 plays he had at LOG, and both were disastrous. Nearly got Colt killed (against the Steelers if I remember correctly)....
Quote:

Quote:

Hope he makes our roster n is better than the guy we got last year

Who, Ryan Millar? I only remember 2 plays he had at LOG, and both were disastrous. Nearly got Colt killed (against the Steelers if I remember correctly)....

I think it was two sacks and one injured QB. It was vs the steelers and all they did was run the same blitz twice because they saw how bad he was the first time. For some reason he thought our pro bowl C can't make a block so he helps him and leveas his own man alone.
Potential nickname for Gilkey: The Large Chadron Collider.
Lol that's awesome
Quote:

Potential nickname for Gilkey: The Large Chadron Collider.

Maybe he should get past "7th round camp fodder" first.
This is the guy I am interesting in seeing further more than anyone else in this draft. The guy seems to play with a big mean streak. I don't know much on him but it seems like some people here project him to be a guard, which would be nice considering we don't really need help at the bookends and could stand to upgrade the guard position if the opportunity presents itself.

After watching that video, the seemed pretty relentless and strong. Very raw.
definitely a developmental player, and may even end up on the practice squad. Unless we get some kind of crazy lucky (or unlucky), there's little chance that he'll see the field this year.
Very possible....The life of a seventh rounder barring no injuries.
Guy kind of reminds me of a young Ryan Tucker. Man do I miss him. I will be watching him closely when training camps start.
Tucker came out of college playing Center. Came to us as a Serviceable OLman let go by the RAMS...after an elbow injury early on in his Browns career. Something lit up in him. He transformed himself from Serviceable to Very Good...he got serious about his conditioning which included his Eating habits (no more fast food stuff) also he worked very hard on his technique n prospered from the good teaching of Zierlien

JMHO...any one of these OL prospects can get serious n make themselves become relevant to a team by working hard. So so easy to be Massive n Lazy cause for years you got away with being Big n didn't have to work hard for HS n College.
EO I honestly didn't know most of that. My memory starts when Tucker was playing really well. Thanks for the info. Sounds like this kid has the work ethic. At least on the field.
Quote:

Tucker came out of college playing Center. Came to us as a Serviceable OLman let go by the RAMS...after an elbow injury early on in his Browns career. Something lit up in him. He transformed himself from Serviceable to Very Good...he got serious about his conditioning which included his Eating habits (no more fast food stuff) also he worked very hard on his technique n prospered from the good teaching of Zierlien

JMHO...any one of these OL prospects can get serious n make themselves become relevant to a team by working hard. So so easy to be Massive n Lazy cause for years you got away with being Big n didn't have to work hard for HS n College.

Yep, after his injury, something sure did light him up. It's called steriods.
Quote:

This is the guy I am interesting in seeing further more than anyone else in this draft. The guy seems to play with a big mean streak. I don't know much on him but it seems like some people here project him to be a guard, which would be nice considering we don't really need help at the bookends and could stand to upgrade the guard position if the opportunity presents itself.

After watching that video, the seemed pretty relentless and strong. Very raw.

Hopefully Gilkey has enough to finally take a pass on Oniel Cousins. People have issues with Lauvao. Wait until the human revolving door takes a few snaps. How Cousins keeps making final roster is a total mystery.
Just fyi, I mocked Gilkey at pick 225 and he went 227 to us.

http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/R7.aspx
Quote:

Tucker came out of college playing Center. Came to us as a Serviceable OLman let go by the RAMS...after an elbow injury early on in his Browns career.

Tab, not that it make a lot of difference Tucker signed with the Browns as an unrestricted free agent in 2002.

Are you sure he was a center? I thought he played guard for TCU. Wasn't Tucker arrested for assaulting another student?

If Gilkey can play anywhere near Tucker's capability, you'll have one awesome RG/RT. I always thought Richie Incognito would make a great fit at RG for the Browns. Gilkey be that person!!!
Quote:

Just fyi, I mocked Gilkey at pick 225 and he went 227 to us.

http://www.cornerblitz.com/2013/Mocks/Final/R7.aspx

So you're saying we got a steal?

I've been impressed with your work and accuracy on this draft steve. Well done.
lol, thanks
First not a correction but a miss communication. Rams letting him go...I think it was for a 4th or 5th round pick letting it go.

Memphis...sorry just slanderous - Not sure but I think I remember late in his career trying to make it back health wise he was positive for steroids or growth Hormones.

As for his transformation in 03 I believe it was??? Could be wrong on the year/off season. It had nothing to do with Steroids.

1. He completely changed his diet...what the heck does this have to do with Steroids??? I remember cause it was publicized as he was dedicating himself to be the best he can - diet was the most noticeable as he was known prior to be a Sloppy Burger kind of guy.

2. Physically he became a gym rat...again this can be achieved without steroids - it is a state of mind.

3. He didn't Bubble up into some Hulk or something...he just lost the FAT n turned into muscle.

A lot of players at the end of their career especially looking to come back with injury did utilize growth hormones n stuff like that. Tucker might have been one of those not wanting to let go. But his transformation was more a mental transformation regarding dedication n technique driven which HAD ZERO TO DO WITH STEROID USE!

JMHFacts not opinion.
It would be slanderous if it was false. It's not. He tested positive in 2007. Who knows how long he had been using it up until then. 2007 is when he got caught. He also tested positive right before he retired. To me, that points to a trend or habit.

Look, I really liked the guy when he was here. He played tough for us, no question. He was part of one the best lines we had in my opinion but steroids aided him, as they aid all players. Not sure but would be interested to know when the league began to toughen up this sort of thing.
I thought that the steroid issue was after his injury, when he was trying to work his way back into playing shape, and was something that his doctor had actually prescribed for him. (though this is from memory, and I could well be wrong)
Yes, this is what all the athletes say in every sport.
I don't recall any indication of his being on steroids prior to that .... no failed drug tests, etc. I could be wrong, as it has been a while ..... but I don't remember any such problems.

As an aside ..... I remember when we first signed him and people hated him. lol It took him a couple of years to become the player he eventually became here.
Quote:

I remember when we first signed him and people hated him

Sounds like every FA we sign.
Quote:

Yep, after his injury, something sure did light him up. It's called steriods.

!50 percent wrong bro
As stated slanderous to say that his transformation in 03 was due to steroid.
I stated that he did test positive in 07??? as he was trying to heal from an injury in the off season. Ytown remembers it also. You know why is it so hard for somebody to state MY BAD when they are wrong. I repeat what you said MEMPHIS was slanderous to Tucker's transformation. I laid out a lot of facts you use a fact of 4 years later where it was not performance enhancing but Injury related.

"I want to apologize to the fans, my family. It's been a long road. I was pretty down and out last year. In my attempt to come back, I took a banned substance. Therefore I am going to be suspended for four games. I am going to fulfill this punishment and get it behind me."

Thats all it was very simple...Memphis you were incorrect to imply that his turnaround to his career was centered around Steroids...ergo my use of the word Slanderous...sorry that word doesn't sit well with you but it applies perfectly. Man Up...or prove he was using Steroids in 03, 04, 05, 06 - I won't hold my breath.
Quote:

As stated slanderous to say that his transformation in 03 was due to steroid.
I stated that he did test positive in 07??? as he was trying to heal from an injury in the off season. Ytown remembers it also. You know why is it so hard for somebody to state MY BAD when they are wrong. I repeat what you said MEMPHIS was slanderous to Tucker's transformation. I laid out a lot of facts you use a fact of 4 years later where it was not performance enhancing but Injury related.

"I want to apologize to the fans, my family. It's been a long road. I was pretty down and out last year. In my attempt to come back, I took a banned substance. Therefore I am going to be suspended for four games. I am going to fulfill this punishment and get it behind me."

Thats all it was very simple...Memphis you were incorrect to imply that his turnaround to his career was centered around Steroids...ergo my use of the word Slanderous...sorry that word doesn't sit well with you but it applies perfectly. Man Up...or prove he was using Steroids in 03, 04, 05, 06 - I won't hold my breath.

"Man up"??

C'mon, that's a bit weird to say to someone that has a varying approach on this player's production, who in fact, I consider one of my favorite o-lineman since '99. Actually my first post was more or less tongue in cheek but having some seriousness to it. If there is font color that expresses "seriousness in jest" someone please let me know. I'll respond accordingly into the future.

I wasn't specifically referring to '03 and his alleged turnaround. You are. I am saying it is a very real possibility that steroids could have been part of his entire career and only he got caught for the first time in 2007. Do I know for a fact? no. Do you? That answer is also no. However, I think I have something on my side of the argument that makes more sense than you want to accept. This guy was caught twice using steriods. I see a trend. I see a comfortability to use it. And I see far too many athletes defer to doctors' orders or injuries to justify it's usage, rather than it gives that person the edge. Again, I don't know if this is the reason or not, but I lean on failing tests as logical reasoning to why he could have done it before. You disagree.

What we want to decipher in this is up to one's opinion but because I may not fully subscribe to your thinking that he simply ate better and worked out harder as the singular reason he increased production, please do end your comment by essentially saying whatever my response is- as along as it isn't "maning up"- is wrong. I think you do this far to often with people who don't see it your way or offer a different perspective.
Quote:

I wasn't specifically referring to '03 and his alleged turnaround. You are. I am saying it is a very real possibility that steroids could have been part of his entire career and only he got caught for the first time in 2007. Do I know for a fact? no. Do you? That answer is also no

Where is that photo of beating a dead horse.. They guy was not using roids. Do I know that for a fact yes.
Quote:

but because I may not fully subscribe to your thinking that he simply ate better and worked out harder as the singular reason he increased production

I'm sure there was more than those two changes but roids was not one of them...and the above was not ME THINKING - it was a FACT. Thats all. Man up was to carry this on as if you had merit to what you said...not white wash it about being sarcastic etc. Btw...purple isn't being used religiously on this board but there is a vast array of emoticons you can use to depict some of your posting demeanor. Btw here is mine

Its ok...no big deal just thought you would like to know the truth than rumors. Thats all as you said - your choice to think what you wish...but I don't think/opinion - I happen to know. It doesn't hurt to say - I was joking my bad. But still you are trying to justify what you are stating. smh

Sorry board...Gilkey...any Senior Bowl film practice/game day available?
good pick up line him up against ruben in practice.
OL need hitting. A lot of the new CBA stuff hurts the OL limiting practices with pads. Its like the only positions you cannot really evaluate until there is Hitting n work these guys in. I am remember a kid we had Chanoine...had great feet - looked amazing in practices...until Hittting. Then he was an Old Coat Stand w/cemented feet n getting our QB killed from RT. We'll see when we start hiting whenever that is.

JMHO n yes our DTs or now 3-4 DEs are pretty solid for one on one drills w/the youth to train against! Nice pick up.
Quote:

Classic... keep it handy there is a lot of dead horses this time of year.
yeah i remember that guy... he was going to be a diamond in the rough... turn out to be a piece of coal.
No doubt hitting is where it's at for lineman on both sides of the ball.

You find out who moves players and who gets moved.
If the combine implemented the Oklahoma drill I'd probably buy a plane ticket to Indy.

http://youtu.be/9t8DyY5DSxg
cool video, I know it's Div II but do like his motor and his aggressiveness to attack his assignment. The funniest part is at the 3 min mark...he drove his assignment from the hash mark to his side of the out of bounds...was pretty funny
Quote:

cool video, I know it's Div II but do like his motor and his aggressiveness to attack his assignment. The funniest part is at the 3 min mark...he drove his assignment from the hash mark to his side of the out of bounds...was pretty funny

Man, that was hilarious! I almost don't know how he avoided a penalty, because it looked like he he shoved the guy completely out of bounds and over the bench.
To me, this is what we want in a UDFA...a guy who was totally above the rest....it's what should be expected for a guy clearly better then the rest of the competition.

If he keeps playing with the same motor against guys who are going to beat him some of the time, we might have a pretty good player.
A better tape can be found in the senior bowl. He played LG (#65) next to Lane Johnson for the south.

I think he will do ok. He held his own in that game. Kawaan Short got him a couple of times, but he did not embarrass himself.
jc

FYI-In an interview posted on the Browns' website, Gilkey says they have him playing RG. Also, he comes across as a very smart kid who is intent on working hard. Hopefully, we've caught a diamond in the rough.
At rookie camp: What he'll be at during Training Camp.

If RG n he cracks the starting 5...I'm guessing Lava moves to LG???

I liked his tenacity on the tapes. LG is the opening if anything. RG is the easiest of all OL to learn for transition college to NFL.

JMHO
Quote:

At rookie camp: What he'll be at during Training Camp.

If RG n he cracks the starting 5...I'm guessing Lava moves to LG???

I liked his tenacity on the tapes. LG is the opening if anything. RG is the easiest of all OL to learn for transition college to NFL.

JMHO

Would Lauvao move to LG, or the bench? Do you think he would displace Pinkston?
Do you think that Pinkston will displace Greco?

Greco played pretty damn well last year. We actually got better blocking with him in the lineup.
Bleacher rated Greco is the top 20 of all OGs last year. I love Lava and think he is underrated by many but my OG's go Greco, Lava, Pink. It will be interesting to see if Gilkey can moved up the depth chart.

If he can step in a OT he'll knock Miller to the cut list. I've never seen such a bad pass pro in TC. Miller is horrid.
Quote:

Do you think that Pinkston will displace Greco?

Greco played pretty damn well last year. We actually got better blocking with him in the lineup.

I completely forgot that Greco even existed. Goes to show how little attention I paid to this team down the stretch.
I was very impressed by Greco last year. I just thought he was a reject, but he played very well. I like his agility and his ability to get to the second level. I would rate him as our top guard at this point.
Quote:

I was very impressed by Greco last year. I just thought he was a reject, but he played very well. I like his agility and his ability to get to the second level. I would rate him as our top guard at this point.

He came out of nowhere on me as well. He's perfect for a bridge between 2 ultra athletic OL in Thomas and Mack. Consistency and intelligence are more important than an athlete between those 2 I'd think. His light bulb came on last year. The nonathletic guards tend to take a while. Hopefully with him, I'd have to believe, penciled at LG Lava and Pink can push each other for better RG play. If Lava's lightbulb comes on in a similar fashion I think he could be an above average starter, perhaps better than Greco.
Quote:

He's a Boardman High School guy ...... home of greats like Bernie Kosar, and .... well .... me.

How could Greco be anything but great when he got a shot?
Gilkey or another wouldn't beat out Lava at RG n then look for Lava to compete. It would be that RG is the easier to transition to for a rookie. Lava would move to LG which I could be wrong but when he was a rookie it was noted that he was a LG candidate before he was put at RG n impressed the coaches.

LG, Pinkston or Greco would in fact be replaced by Gilkey if he won a spot. Even if Gilkey doesn't play the LG spot. It would be that he is impressing so they would move Lava over to LG to make room.

Greco...good feet, good lateral movement just pretty weak n easily overpowered I personally was unimpressed n there is a reason why he was/is A Good Backup...he can play OT as well as any of the interior positions in a bandaid situation. I don't think he can Win a starting spot. I know Norv n Chud are new here...but Warhop is the same OL coach I don't see why his opinion of Greco would change. He probably would have a spot on our roster cause he is very serviceable at several of the OL positions. Actually outside of the ND Center we signed on UDFA Greco is the only possible backup center we have.

Example on Greco...I remember him getting in good position in Pass Pro and anchor down only to get totally ran over. I also remember him pulling to Power the right side for a run there n totally whiff on the outside contain guy who made the tackle for loss n another time just not able to stop the DE Crashing down who went right through him for the tackle. He's not awful by any means...I sort of have Brandon Stokes memories of him - luckily for us to show how far we have come with our OL...He will never compete for our LT position where Stokes basically was handed that position one season.

Pinkston - so much has to do with his health. It was pretty serious we have no idea what his conditioning is now n if he is ready to play.

JMHO - doesn't have to be the same, it is what it is
Quote:

Quote:

He's a Boardman High School guy ...... home of greats like Bernie Kosar, and .... well .... me.

How could Greco be anything but great when he got a shot?

Boredman.... Bah
Maybe if you'd pull your hat up from over your eyes you'd see what a fine area Boardman is ......

Oh, and maybe you also wouldn't be lost. lol

If you were from Ohio, I would guess that you went to Fitch. They were always clever enough to turn "Board" into "Bored" too.
Quote:

If you were from Ohio, I would guess that you went to Fitch. They were always clever enough to turn "Board" into "Bored" too.

Sometimes it was intentional
Damn... that is pretty good for a Bordite... born in Austintown, but moved out to New Middletown / Springfield at an early age.

Actually attended Mooney in HS.

I may have to change my opinion of Boardman

It seemed like every Fitch kid in the late 70s made that "Boredman" joke. I got quite used to it.

I didn't interact much with the Mooney kids ..... although I did used to go drinking with this one girl from Mooney from time to time..... She was a good Catholic girl .......
Thats one thing us Catholics are good at - drinking.
Funny part is I am Methodist, we drink too.

I was Baptist but I had to invite two of them when I went fishing... invite one and he drinks... invite two and they don't
What's the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist?

Methodists say hello to each other at the liquor store.
From the official team website.

Browns sign Garrett Gilkey
Posted 9 minutes ago
The Cleveland Browns have signed offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey, whom they drafted in the seventh round in April.

The Cleveland Browns today signed offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey to a four-year contract, the team announced.
Selected in the seventh round (227th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft, Gilkey appeared in 37 games with 34 starts at Chadron State University (2009-12), where he served as the Eagles’ left tackle. He received first team All-America honors from d2football.com and was one of only three Division II players invited to the 2013 Senior Bowl. Born July 7, 1990, the 6-6, 320-pound Gilkey is a native of native of Sandwich, Illinois and attended Sandwich High School as a freshman and sophomore before transferring to Aurora Christian High School for his final two years of high school.
Quote:

From the official team website.

Browns sign Garrett Gilkey
Posted 9 minutes ago
The Cleveland Browns have signed offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey, whom they drafted in the seventh round in April.

The Cleveland Browns today signed offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey to a four-year contract, the team announced.
Selected in the seventh round (227th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft, Gilkey appeared in 37 games with 34 starts at Chadron State University (2009-12), where he served as the Eagles’ left tackle. He received first team All-America honors from d2football.com and was one of only three Division II players invited to the 2013 Senior Bowl. Born July 7, 1990, the 6-6, 320-pound Gilkey is a native of native of Sandwich, Illinois and attended Sandwich High School as a freshman and sophomore before transferring to Aurora Christian High School for his final two years of high school.

that's what,, two picks signed so far?
yeah, just Slaughter and Gilkey so far.
Thanks

Isn't this relatively early for ANY signings? Even low rounders?
not since the new agreement (which is only what, 3 years old?) Several teams have all their players signed already.
Quote:

Thanks

Isn't this relatively early for ANY signings? Even low rounders?

Detroit had all of their picks signed sometime last week.
Well, as your mom would say. If Detroit jumped off the 4th street bridge, would you go and jump off too. I mean, just because Detroit does something smart, or stupid, doesn't mean you should follow their example.

What I"m trying to say is; If Detroit ruined it's economy and burned down half it's buildings would you follow suit. I mean if Detroit sent over half it's population running for the hills and started to replace broken down buildings with barren land, would you do the same? Ya get the point.
I'm not supposed to take anything you've written in that response seriously, am I?
Quote:

Well, as your mom would say. If Detroit jumped off the 4th street bridge, would you go and jump off too. I mean, just because Detroit does something smart, or stupid, doesn't mean you should follow their example.

What I"m trying to say is; If Detroit ruined it's economy and burned down half it's buildings would you follow suit. I mean if Detroit sent over half it's population running for the hills and started to replace broken down buildings with barren land, would you do the same? Ya get the point.

Actually, I really don't...
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, I really don't...

x2
Quote:

Nailed it.
Hi homeboy,Born and reared in Campbell,associated with people from Fitch and Boardman,presonally prefer Boardman,even your cops are little less arrogant than Austintown. We Campbell boys could always out drink both sides of Ytown combined. Glad Gilkey signed ,seems like a tough "Camel"boy. Like to meet you to talk Browns,Mrs P and I usually at Grill Buffet Sunday after taking Lilly for walk at The Green Oasis.
Both are areas of need too,possible quality backups or maybe starters.
I don't know about the Campbell boys, but the pretty Greek girls from Campbell could out-drink just about anyone.
Thats cause they have been weened on OUZO...