DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Haus Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/26/18 10:29 PM
Pretty amazing stat here. In New Englands' last 7 Super Bowls, the Patriots have not scored a point in any of the first quarters:
https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/24/169...-bill-belichick

Quote:
The New England Patriots have been an offensive juggernaut for years, but they’ve always failed to get off to a strong start in the Super Bowl under head coach Bill Belichick.

In their previous seven trips to the Super Bowl (2001, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2014, and 2016, just because I wanted to list them), the Patriots have scored a whopping zero points in the first quarter. In fact, on their 13 drives that start and finish in the first quarter, the Patriots have scored -2 points because they gave up a safety to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.

On those 13 drives, in addition to that safety, the Patriots punted 10 times, missed a field goal against the Carolina Panthers, and threw an interception against the Seattle Seahawks.

Zero points in the first quarter. That’s brutal and the Patriots need to get off to their first fast start in the championship game against the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII.

Fortunately for the Patriots, they always seem to generate some offense in the second quarter. On their five drives that started at the end of the first and carried into the second frame, they’ve scored 10 points (and also had that fumble against the Falcons), and on their 19 drives in the second quarter they’ve scored seven touchdowns and a field goal, in addition to missing a second field goal against the Panthers.

The same issue of a slow start affects New England in the second half, although it’s not as severe. They’ve scored 23 third quarter points in the Super Bowl, versus 71 fourth quarter points. In other words, the average Patriots offensive production is zero points in the first quarter, followed by 10 points, 3 or 4 points, and then 10 more points in the final quarter.

If New England can settle into their offense faster in both halves, then they’ll have addressed their biggest struggle in each trip to the Super Bowl.

I think that particular streak will end this year, en route to the Pats winning their 6th Super Bowl of the Belichick/Brady era.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/26/18 10:33 PM
NE Wins another SB ... tongue
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/26/18 11:08 PM

A version of this year’s Super Bowl matchup, inspired by Rocky IV, as tweeted by @TheSlyStallone

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/957029954843299846
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/26/18 11:26 PM
The Pats haven't missed a superbowl appearance for longer than a 3 year stretch since 2001.
And somehow they need to change how they play to get off to a faster start?

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe those quarter by quarter score results just highlight Bellichic's ability to get a feel for and then adjust to oppenents tendencies.
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/26/18 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The Pats haven't missed a superbowl appearance for longer than a 3 year stretch since 2001.
And somehow they need to change how they play to get off to a faster start?

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe those quarter by quarter score results just highlight Bellichic's ability to get a feel for and then adjust to oppenents tendencies.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. Can you elaborate?

Obviously the Pats have done very well. I'm not suggesting they change what their process is. That said, if the opportunity presents itself, they should try to score in the first quarter. Just for the heck of it.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 01:19 AM
I wish Tom Brady would retire. I would love to see what BB can do with a QB not named Tom Brady.
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 02:49 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I wish Tom Brady would retire. I would love to see what BB can do with a QB not named Tom Brady.

11-5 in 2008 with an undrafted QB who hadn't played meaningful minutes since high school. 3-1 last year with Garoppolo and Brissett. It's not a huge sample size but it's something.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 03:29 AM
Maybe Brady's hand test messed up and we get hoyer vs foles
Posted By: devicedawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 01:04 PM
Matt Cassel was drafted if that's who you are referring to...
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

That is who I was referring to and you're right: 7th round/230th pick in the 2005 draft. For some reason I thought he went undrafted.
Posted By: myka Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 05:50 PM
[]
Posted By: drobs Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 06:19 PM
I don't have a leaning either way, team wise, but Hoyer having a ring would be cool. I think he did OK for us.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 06:28 PM
Agreed. He was the qb the last time I enjoyed Brown's football.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 06:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Haus

11-5 in 2008 with an undrafted QB who hadn't played meaningful minutes since high school. 3-1 last year with Garoppolo and Brissett. It's not a huge sample size but it's something.

11-5 as coach of the Browns with Vinny Testaverde in 1994, the Browns last playoff victory against the Bill Parcells coached Patriots, and lost to the Steelers a week later.

The closest of the 3 losses to the steelers was the first game, and it was the game which the Browns seemed to throw downfield more than the other two matches.

That game is the reason for THROW LONG to be my screen name. (One of)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/27/18 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

That is who I was referring to and you're right: 7th round/230th pick in the 2005 draft. For some reason I thought he went undrafted.

He was nitpicking like normal. Notice he didn't put the round down. My guess that your examples were well-taken by most of us.
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/28/18 05:10 PM
It's no worry. We all slip up from time to time and I don't mind the correction.

Anyway, something that could actually be a big factor in the game: Gronkowski practiced, but is still in the concussion protocol. It seems likely he will play but you never really know with these head injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ssion-protocol/

Quote:
Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is still not cleared to play from the league’s concussion protocol, but he took a step closer today.

Gronkowski is on the field for today’s Patriots practice. He previously had not been practicing.

Although Gronkowski isn’t a full participant yet, getting on the field now represents progress through the protocol, and his ability to take the practice field eight days before Super Bowl LII strongly suggests that he’ll be ready to go by game time.

Gronkowski suffered his concussion during the AFC Championship Game. Jaguars safety Barry Church was flagged and fined for the hit that knocked Gronkowski out of the game.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/29/18 05:06 PM
BB coached up Matt Cassel big time. Cassel had his best NFL season to date in 2008.

Comp% 63.4
Yds 3,693
TD's 21
INT's 11
Rate 89.4%
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/29/18 05:37 PM
Agreed.
A lot of people say the opposite smile
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/30/18 02:14 AM
This dude crossed the line:

Quote:
The line that can’t be crossed with Tom Brady involves his family
Yahoo Sports Dan Wetzel,Yahoo Sports 8 hours ago

Reactions
Sign in to like
Reblog on Tumblr
Tweet
Email

MINNEAPOLIS – The first episode of Tom Brady’s docuseries, “Tom vs. Time,” features a scene where Brady is at home and on the phone. His 5-year-old daughter Vivian sort of interrupts him. She wants her father to know she was going to play soccer in the backyard and she was hoping for a sleepover with a friend.

Vivian was acting like a 5-year-old.

When discussing the show, which details Brady’s off-field life, focusing on his diet and health regimen, WEEI sports radio host Alex Reimer described the scene as “staged” and Vivian as an “annoying little pissant.”
Tom Brady, addressing a crowd at the Patriots' Super Bowl send-off rally on Monday, took issue with criticism of his daughter. (AP)
Tom Brady, addressing a crowd at the Patriots’ Super Bowl send-off rally on Monday, took issue with criticism of his daughter. (AP)

Again, Vivian is 5.

Brady appears each Monday during the New England Patriots’ season on WEEI’s morning show, “Kirk & Callahan.” (Reimer is on a different show on the Boston sports radio station.) This Monday morning, Brady cut his interview short because of Reimer’s comments.

“I’ve tried to come on this show for many years and showed you guys a lot of respect,” Brady said. “I’ve always tried [to] come on and do a good job for you guys. It’s very disappointing when you hear [the comments]. My daughter, or any child, certainly doesn’t deserve that.

“I really don’t have much to say this morning,” Brady said. “Maybe I’ll speak to you guys some other time.”

And with that the interview was over. WEEI later noted that Reimer had been suspended. Running afoul with the most popular athlete in Boston may forever crush his career.

Anyone who knows anything about Brady could have predicted such a reaction. While it’s worth noting Brady has a contract to appear on the show, he certainly doesn’t need the publicity or the money. The WEEI interview has often been the most revealing and interesting of Brady’s interactions with the media. He’s generally a low-profile guy. Many of his media answers are boring. He seems to try harder for this one, where he has a good relationship with the hosts.

Brady is, however, first and foremost, a father and a family man. He is someone who isn’t going to allow his 5-year-old girl to get disparaged by anyone.

[Your chance to win on football’s biggest day. Sign up for Squares Pick’em]

He may be seeking a record sixth Super Bowl this week when the New England Patriots face the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. He may be rich and famous. His wife, Gisele Bundchen, may be a Brazilian supermodel who is even richer and more famous.

To Brady and Bundchen though, they are simply regular people with very interesting jobs. They are parents. They have a family. Maybe that is hard for outsiders to see, but that’s how they attempt to live their lives.

You’ll find as many paparazzi pictures of Brady and his kids at a local park than you will at a society function. His locker in Foxborough is often draped in pictures of he and his family at the beach or drawings from the kids or anything else that could just as easily be found adorning cubicles or work spaces anywhere in America.

Yes, it is a glorious life he leads, but this is no absentee father. He still tries to emulate his own parents who built their lives around raising four children in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tom Sr. always found time after work to play catch and cherished rounds of golf with his son. His mother Galynn remained a great athlete into middle age and pushed Tom and his sisters in baseball/softball, tennis and soccer, often participating in backyard games. Sundays in the fall were spent with the entire clan attending San Francisco 49er games, where the Bradys had season tickets.

And summers for Tom and the kids meant weeks here in Minnesota, working his maternal grandfather’s farm. Tom didn’t even play football until he was a high school freshman (and didn’t actually see the field until his sophomore year).

So, yeah, this wasn’t going to stand.
Tom Brady soaks in his last Super Bowl victory with his daughter, wife and his mother in Houston in February 2017. (Getty Images)

There was more though. Brady didn’t blow his stack on the air. He didn’t head over to the station to confront Reimer or beat him to a pulp. There were no threatened lawsuits or bullying.

He simply ended the interview. The disappointment in his voice said enough. His action came with deliberation, calm language and a lack of outward emotion. He didn’t dignify Reimer by mentioning his name. When you play quarterback in the NFL, or have reality shows made about your life, you are fair game for criticism. Brady has received plenty of it. He has not been one to battle with fans or media over those subjects.

This was different. Kids are kids.

If you were trying to teach your children about how to properly handle someone insulting and disrespecting your family, how to be a man, this might be how you’d draw it up.

No violence. No malice. No anger.

Yet no doubt about where Tom Brady stands. On the side of his kids. On the side of decency.

Always.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/line-cant-crossed-tom-brady-involves-family-175233182.html

I get these dudes are supposed to be controversial and edgy, but damn man...........leave the kids out of it.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/30/18 03:01 AM
I'm not overly excited. I mean, yes...I love the sport so, I will watch it and I hope it is a close game. But, if the game were Jax v Minn or Jax v Philly I would have been much more excited about it. I am just tired of NE. I will be rooting for Philly to win.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/30/18 05:39 PM
I saw this yesterday and was disgusted by it. I think Brady is full of himself and I'm not a big fan of his on a personal level. But if I were a journalist I would leave my personal opinions out of it. And speaking that way of someones child on a professional level is uncalled for.

He was however suspended as he should have been.
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 01/30/18 08:47 PM
In every interview I've ever heard Brady give, he has always been respectful and complimentary of his opponents and others. I don't get the hate that he receives sometimes. Dude is a total class act. Fiery, but isn't that what we all want in a football player?

I don't know why this radio host would go off on Brady's kid like that.. very unprofessional, and I agree that it crossed the line.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 02:41 PM
I hope this doesn't affect the outcome:

The Eagles have battled illness all week.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Eagles-battling-flu-bug-in-Minneapolis--114516084

The Philadelphia Eagles biggest distraction during Super Bowl week hasn't been all the media availability and travel time to practice, but an flu bug that carried over from Philadelphia.

Ronald Darby missed Thursday's media session due to illness, along with Timmy Jernigan. Mychal Kendricks has been battling the flu as well, but was able to show up for the final media session before the Super Bowl.

Kendricks isn't concerned about the flu bug that has plagued the team, but it's something the Eagles have to get through.

"I'm getting over it right now. It's like a cold, I don't know. The whole team has it, though," Kendricks said to ESPN. "I don't think it had anything to do with us being out here. I think it started sometime last week. We'll be fine. It's not that big of a deal."

The Eagles will play the Patriots in Super Bowl 52! Continue following the dream season with us. Make sure to stay in the loop for all Eagles news throughout the playoffs! -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!

Kendricks said he was being sarcastic when he said the whole team had the flu bug, but Kenjon Barner and Doug Pederson had symptoms back in Philadelphia last week.

"It's that time of year. No one's dying," Kendricks said. "It's all good."
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 07:52 PM
I'll take Philly.

31-21

Late FG by Philly clinches it.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 09:30 PM
NE 28-27 on last second TD from Brady to Gronk ... frown
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 10:27 PM
Got one thing to say:

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 10:51 PM
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/959536930391130112
Posted By: Dave Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/02/18 11:23 PM
Patriots XXIII
Eagles XVII
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/03/18 09:46 AM

Of course, NE knows nothing about this. They have never seen anything like it or even know it exists in football. Their first introduction to this top secret scheme within a scheme will be sometime in the first quarter of the Superbowl game. They will be caught off guard scratching their defensive heads.

On the NE sidelines Belichick will be using one of them there blue laptops in a desperate Google search for answers.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/03/18 09:59 AM
I think this will be a one sided game and the Pats will dominate. The Eagles are a good team but Brady's experience will take the day. No idea what the final score will look like. jmho

I will add that I hope Brady retires if he wins, or either way really.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 03:48 AM
How would the Browns do in this game? Well I'm mostly thinking if they took the place of the Eagles and were about to play the Pats.
And I mean these 2017 Browns; just a thought.

I think they'd make a game of it, after all it's the Super Bowl.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 07:00 AM
First game to end on the mercy rule. Bill and Tom would take no prisoners.
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 01:51 PM
Patriots 34
Eagles 17
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 02:15 PM
The Foles Fantasy tour ends today.

1. If one teams blows the other out of the water its going to be the Pats.

2. If one team is losing by a lot and comes back to win it could only be the Pats.

3. If its a close game the one team that will win this is the Pats.

lol laugh I think it is safe to say that I will predict the Pats are winning one more SB.

I really like BB, he is one of my heroes and I cringe to what he almost built here (#$%^%#$% Modell)

I really like Brady I think his entire story line is amazing!
6th round pick, ugly duckling turning into a Swan!

I really like Dion Lewis. Kid was a primadonna and busted with Eagles. revived his career here. Had injury issues, is finally healthy. Is best friends with one of my players and has come to some games of mine.

The Pats have become my surrogate post season Team favorite,
so when the Browns are out of it. I enjoy watching the Pats in the playoffs. It helps me deal with being a fan. Can't wait till we are annual contenders!!!

I think Foles run has been great. Nobody game plans better than BB. They will have an answer for Foles and he will panic.
Although a nicer honestly GOOD person I don't think there is.
Kid is a true holy roller. I don't know, he might have the miracle factor with him. So I guess I'm saying if there is NO MIRACLE...Eagles are losing...lol laugh
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 02:20 PM
There’s a lot of money saying the Eagles will cover.

4 - Million Dollar bets on the Eagles.

All four bets worth at least $1 million placed in Las Vegas on Super Bowl LII have picked the underdog Philadelphia Eagles to either upset or cover the spread against the favored New England Patriots.

On Saturday, David Purdum of ESPN.com reported there are two $1 million moneyline wagers on the Eagles, a $1.6 million bet on Philadelphia with the 4.5-point spread and a "multimillion" bet on Philly, though it's unclear whether that was straight up or with the points.

Gill Alexander of the Vegas Sports & Information Network told Frank Schwab of Yahoo Sports the Eagles being the preferred choice, including on smaller wagers, might have nothing to do with the numbers.

"I wonder if so many of those bets are people tired of seeing the Patriots win," he said. "I wonder if it's as simple as that."

The steady stream of bets on Philadelphia has caused the oddsmakers to adjust. The Patriots, who opened as 6.0-point favorites after their victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC Championship Game, are currently down to 4.5, per OddsShark.

It's a trend that comes as a surprise, though.
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 02:22 PM
There are some rich Die Hard Eagle fans.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 02:29 PM
Amazing opportunity came my way yesterday and somehow in the nick of time I managed to score two free tickets to see today's Dress Rehearsal of 'Hamilton' up in Seattle! It was a timed "lottery draw/first come first serve" opportunity to get tickets and I nabbed 2!

So, I shall be missing the Super Bowl. My wife was in tears when it was confirmed we got them as we missed out on tickets when it comes to Portland and we couldn't afford them in London. These babies were free and all it takes is a 2.5 hr drive. I am so damn tired of NE anyway and I have no real allegiance to Philly (although I do have family in NE Delaware and SE PA), but I hope the Eagles win.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 05:08 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
...I really like BB, he is one of my heroes and I cringe to what he almost built here (#$%^%#$% Modell)

...I really like Brady I think his entire story line is amazing!
6th round pick, ugly duckling turning into a Swan!

...The Pats have become my surrogate post season Team favorite,
so when the Browns are out of it. I enjoy watching the Pats in the playoffs. It helps me deal with being a fan. Can't wait till we are annual contenders!!!

All of the above. Regardless of how bad a Browns season has been I can always count on NE to be in the playoffs and play it tough. It's the only other team I ever get to root for. Regular season I don't care. But once the Browns are out of it, it's Pats all the way.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 05:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
From the article..."I wonder if so many of those bets are people tired of seeing the Patriots win," he said. "I wonder if it's as simple as that."

As if their bet will have an effect on the reality. lol
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 05:30 PM
I just can't get on board with that. I don't really have anything against those that disagree with me, but how much fun is a dynasty really if it isn't your home team?

To me it kind of takes the fun out of it. Every year you know the Patriots are going to be favored to make the SB. Every year you know if they make the SB, they'll be the favorite to win the SB. You also know if they make the SB, you're most likely going to be watching the same team win it that's won it over and over again.

In theory, that's not even how the NFL is supposed to work. The draft order and the salary cap is supposed to provide parody. Yet so far that hasn't changed things that much when it comes to the Patriots.

Now don't get me wrong. I understand that it's amazing what Brady and BB have accomplished. It's nothing short of a miracle. But as a fan it's become boring and old. I like to see different teams that haven't been there. Teams that could use some success.

I always root for the underdog in the SB. Luckily the Patriots traded away Jimmy Garoppolo and kept an aging Brady. That should help things along in opening up the competition for other teams as Brady will soon fade into the sunset.

Nobody outlasts father time.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
From the article..."I wonder if so many of those bets are people tired of seeing the Patriots win," he said. "I wonder if it's as simple as that."

As if their bet will have an effect on the reality. lol

If you’re bright enough to have the kind of money you’d need to be able to afford to lay a 1 million dollar bet on this game, you’re certainly not as dim as you’d need to be to reason the way that writer theorizes.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 06:08 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I just can't get on board with that. I don't really have anything against those that disagree with me, but how much fun is a dynasty really if it isn't your home team?

First off, I'm not arguing or disputing your opinion. I don't even want much of a discussion over it. I only break this down point by point because you make a lot of good ones and this is easier than writing a dissertation on the subject.

Yeah, don't confuse my excitement as being anywhere near equal to what it would be if it were the Browns.

To me it kind of takes the fun out of it. Every year you know the Patriots are going to be favored to make the SB. Every year you know if they make the SB, they'll be the favorite to win the SB. You also know if they make the SB, you're most likely going to be watching the same team win it that's won it over and over again.

I say then beat them. Everyone has an equal chance to do what they did. Then do it and stop the madness.

In theory, that's not even how the NFL is supposed to work. The draft order and the salary cap is supposed to provide parody. Yet so far that hasn't changed things that much when it comes to the Patriots.

Exactly! The same rules apply to everybody.
Yet the Pats excell beyond, nay, far beyond the others.
It's designed for parity and the Pats have more parity than anyone else. lol

Now don't get me wrong. I understand that it's amazing what Brady and BB have accomplished. It's nothing short of a miracle. But as a fan it's become boring and old. I like to see different teams that haven't been there. Teams that could use some success.

It would be like that for me too if it were like baseball and the Yankees. All my growing years I had to watch the Yanks win the World Series having the benefit of having way, way more money than anyone else. That's not even fair and it does get old year after year. But the NFL doesn't allow anyone team to have more money than the others. It's a level playing field and what the Pats have done with it is amazing. They've done it with coaching and good players.

I always root for the underdog in the SB. Luckily the Patriots traded away Jimmy Garoppolo and kept an aging Brady. That should help things along in opening up the competition for other teams as Brady will soon fade into the sunset.

Nobody outlasts father time.

Yeah, that will be their downfall. I've got an inkling that Brady, if he wins Two for the thumb, dilly dilly, will be thinking man, what a way to go out on top. If that happens the Pats are screwed and father time ain't giving BB enough years to do it again.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 07:04 PM
They opened at 6.0 fav. for the Pats? That's low. (it should have been 7 or 8) meaning?

To me it means somebody wanted people to put money on New England.
Either way, there's only ONE Superbowl I think was fixed, but that's just me.
I didn't come to post that^, I did to say

I was just watching a segment on unknown hero's of past superbowls.

Oh What would we do if Kenny Britt had the game winning catch somehow???

BWAHahahaa, (I crack myself up)
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 09:42 PM
kenny britt is inactive...lol
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 09:44 PM
That'd be wild to have a $1M riding on the game.

I took Philly +4.5

Took some prop bets as well:

The word "nipplegate" will not be said on the broadcast

The over at 3.5 on the number of times Carson Wentz will be mentioned

Rex Burkhead or Alshon Jeffrey to score the first TD

James White as the rushing leader

Orange as the color liquid dumped on the winning coach

Yes that Al Micheals will refer to the spread

Yes that Donovan McNabb vomiting incident from SB 39 will be mentioned

Over that Robert Kraft is shown 2.5 times

Should make for some additional fun during the game!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 09:55 PM
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29

Will he even get a ring? He didn't play in a single post season game.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 10:03 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Will he even get a ring? He didn't play in a single post season game.

Seems appropriate the water boy was more valuable to the teams success than britt.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 10:44 PM
Milk Man, that is too cool. laugh
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:17 PM
I'M READY
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:22 PM
yes!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:30 PM
3-0 philly
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:31 PM
There goes my picture again. What the hell?
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:39 PM
the refs are gonna help out pats all day
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:42 PM
the refs are gonna help out pats all day

Isnt that always the way of it? Jax should totally have won, except for refs.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:45 PM
what a throw, and what a catch!!
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
what a throw, and what a catch!!

Yea, it was. I was thinking that maybe the ball hit the ground but i definitely didn't see that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/04/18 11:52 PM
9-3 PHI
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:02 AM
Run it QB
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:02 AM
Punt it, punter.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:06 AM
cooks just got absolutely decked.

legal hit too.

edit: nevermind, saw helmet contact
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:12 AM
Brady shoulda caught that one.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:12 AM
There goes Brady’s MVP.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:34 AM
Great interception.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:39 AM
boy, the kickers did not show up tonight
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:40 AM
Is his name changing to Gosgoneski?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:51 AM
That was a really ballsy call.

They deserve to win on that alone.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:51 AM
What a GREAT play call.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 12:52 AM
Philly pulls off the call the Pats and Brady screwed up.
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:13 AM
justin timberlake is absolutely nailing this performance!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:18 AM
Rather generic performance to me.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:19 AM
So, do we go after Cousins or Foles? Or do the Eagles let Wentz go and keep Foles?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
justin timberlake is absolutely nailing this performance!

I'm not into his music much, but I thought he did really well too.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:29 AM
Philly pulls off the call the Pats and Brady screwed up.

Taunting Brady by scoring on the play that he couldn't convert on just seems like poking the dragon. Plus a 10 point lead seems like just what the Patriots would want.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:29 AM
As usual Brady has great pass protection.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:30 AM
Justin did good. <3
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Brady shoulda caught that one.

Giselle was right. He really CAN'T catch the ball for them.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:32 AM
Beginning of the end for the Eagles here. If they can’t get pressure they are going to get smashed
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:33 AM
Here come the Patriots, as expected. TD
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Beginning of the end for the Eagles here. If they can’t get pressure they are going to get smashed

Yep. And so far? Very little to no pressure.

P.S. I want Metallica to play at halftime at the Super Bowl!
Posted By: Swish Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:45 AM
wow. you can't throw it any better than that!!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:48 AM
We need foles
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:50 AM
That was a close call. Great pass 'n' catch.

The Eagles still look really good.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:51 AM
They don’t even try on the commercials anymore
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:57 AM
Man philly has no pass rushers
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:57 AM
All day to pass.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:58 AM
There’s really no way NE is going to lose, they barely have to try on offense
Wasn't really all that excited about this game, but man, it's been well played by both sides. Good pace, not a lot of penalties, and enough scoring.

Pederson is doing a great job with his team.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:10 AM
The Eli/Odell dirty dancing commercial wins
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:11 AM
That was a dumb dumb playcall
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:14 AM

I thought it was awkward, a clunker of a commercial.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:16 AM

I thought it was awkward, a clunker of a commercial.

I think that’s what they were going for, awkward
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:18 AM
Pitch and catch
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:20 AM
Philly is no match for Brady/belicheck
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:28 AM
I'm getting sleepy.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:29 AM
Can Collinsworth possibly kiss the Patriot players' asses anymore than he's doing?
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:31 AM
That’s ballsy
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:35 AM
Can Collinsworth possibly kiss the Patriot players' asses anymore than he's doing?

tom brady missed the guy on purpose, he`s that good..
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:40 AM

He’s doing the same for the Eagles too. He gushes over Foles.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:43 AM
TD!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:45 AM
Wow close call
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:45 AM
He had control when he crossed the plane...it doesn't matter if the ball came loose.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:46 AM
Gimme three steps Mr!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:47 AM
Way too much time, way too much
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:50 AM
Finally!, woot
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:50 AM
OMG
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:54 AM
What a game!

You still can't count the Pats out. If anyone call do this, they can and that's with any minuscule time remaining.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:00 AM
Brady melting dowb
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:01 AM
brady has them right where he wants them
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:01 AM
I think I’d throw one of our firsts out there for Foles, I’d take him over cousins
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:04 AM
Darby should have had that.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:05 AM
Great job Eagles!!!

What a game!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:05 AM
Yes!!!!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:07 AM
WOW! SUCK IT PATS! HAHAHAHAHAHA

This made me very pleased.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:08 AM
And now can we please sign Nick Foles?
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:08 AM
bernie`s record is broken playoff pass yards
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:09 AM
foles is gonna make some money next year somewhere
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:10 AM
wow! great game! Foles is amazing! So glad the Eagles won!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:14 AM
Good game.
Posted By: Razorthorns Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:20 AM
Yet another QB I wanted us to draft goes on to win a superbowl somewhere else ... sigh
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:20 AM
So glad the Pats lost. The only thing I don't like about Philly winning is the dog stuff. We have the Dawg Pound, not them!

Looking forward to the day we can celebrate a Super Bowl win!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
Yet another QB I wanted us to draft goes on to win a superbowl somewhere else ... sigh

Well, he is a back up to the guy that started most of the year. So, I'm sure Mr. Dorsey was watching this.

Nick Foles just made himself a very hot commodity..
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:28 AM
Originally Posted By: MrTed
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Well, he is a back up to the guy that started most of the year. So, I'm sure Mr. Dorsey was watching this.

Nick Foles just made himself a very hot commodity..

I hope Mr. Dorsey was watching.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:31 AM
Glad patriots lost, and good for Eagles fans. Plus it was nice to see patriots lose.
Philly football fans deserve one.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:32 AM
Joe Montana is like 'I don't lose Super Bowls, Tom' .
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:34 AM
Great game. Foles was amazing. I said all week that I thought the Eagles would win. The Patriots just didn’t look to me to be as good this year. I dont care for Eagles fans, but apparently everyone else loves them when they play the Pats. Blech. That was a fun game, but Iggles fans still suck.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

catty... but really funny.

thumbsup
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:39 AM
..and by the way:

what an entertaining game!

A little bit of everything
A lot of points
Tight competition
Quality play.

It was why I watch football.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:56 AM
Congratulations Eagles. I can't wait to listen to the Boston sports radio!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 04:05 AM
Man, this is special!

The love and respect between Peterson and Foles and even the rest of the Eagle players w/their coach is so very special. I love sports. There are very few things in life that can provoke such spontaneous emotions as those you experience in the heated competition of sports.

I have to say that the Eagles seem like a bunch of classy guys. They thank God, each other, and remain humble. I am very impressed by their reactions after this victory.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 04:05 AM

As glad as I am that the Pats lost I'm sure Tom would reply, 'I've been to eight Joe, that's twice as many as you've won and I've won 5 of them'!
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 04:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Man, this is special!

The love and respect between Peterson and Foles and even the rest of the Eagle players w/their coach is so very special. I love sports. There are very few things in life that can provoke such spontaneous emotions as those you experience in the heated competition of sports.

I have to say that the Eagles seem like a bunch of classy guys. They thank God, each other, and remain humble. I am very impressed by their reactions after this victory.

Heartily agree.
John Defilippo certainly did a great job with the Eagles QBs this year.

It is truly amazing how many incredibly talented coaches we have seen blown out of Berea over the past couple of decades.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 05:12 AM
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 05:56 AM
And he would've gotten away with too... if it hadn't been for those meddling kids-
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 08:54 AM
pretty good game ... a lot of strange plays IMO. Foles really looked good and the Eagles DL was legit
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:16 PM
Philadelphia’s Broad Street, after the win:

Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:22 PM
Party time in Philly! Tens of thousands of jubilant Eagles fans swarm the streets of the City of Brotherly Love to celebrate shock Super Bowl victory... but some take it a little too far

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...r-Bowl-win.html
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:24 PM
Philadelphia’s Broad Street, after the win:

That looks like Trump said his inauguration crowd looked.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:32 PM
if the browns win the superbowl, that would look like a small gathering of friends for wine and cheese
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:47 PM
Man, this is special!

I agree too and well said!
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:48 PM
Anyone see John Greco in that NYG/Dirty Dancing commerical?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 01:55 PM

Philly is no match for Brady/belicheck
Still have that same opinion of expert analysis? lol
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 02:53 PM
From the onion dot com, just a very funny headline:

'Doug Pederson Informs Nick Foles He's Been Traded To Browns While Handing Him Lombardi Trophy'

https://sports.theonion.com/doug-pederson-informs-nick-foles-hes-been-traded-to-bro-1822713684
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 03:32 PM
Patriots losing is a million and one times more gratifying than the Eagles winning. Tired of NE.

I love that failed gadget play where Brady was open and couldn't make the catch. Then Eagles do something similar for a breezy and easy six points.

NE, losing = grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat!
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 04:00 PM
j/c

Fantastic game. Loved it. I am no Patriot hater but they make a good villain! Was definitely rooting for Philly and am most happy that it was a GOOD GAME.

Very intrigued to find out why the heck Malcolm Butler got benched.

And I'll second whoever mentioned it already. Good win, Philly, but you sure as heck better quit it with the dog masks!
Posted By: ddubia Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 06:19 PM
I really wanted the Pats to win and thought they would. Maybe even in a landslide.

But the Browns didn't play so my disappointment that the Pats lost lasted about an hour. The Eagles really came to play. Foles did such a great job I'm astounded. That game was not too big for him.

Great game and huge props to the Eagles! thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 06:31 PM
While I was rooting for the Eagles to win and was very much surprised by the outcome, I don't have the resentment towards the Patriots I have seen by some.

The single most important thing to me was my hopes to see a very competitive game and it most certainly was that.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 07:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While I was rooting for the Eagles to win and was very much surprised by the outcome, I don't have the resentment towards the Patriots I have seen by some.

The single most important thing to me was my hopes to see a very competitive game and it most certainly was that.

A little more defense would have been nice.

The one take away I have from this game, Britt still doesn't have a ring! thumbsup
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 07:35 PM
I registered my interest in this game as not very high before the game but it was a very enjoyable game to watch. It was well played, well officiated, close throughout.. my interest grew as the game went on as did my desire to see the Eagles win.

Eagles fans might have a reputation for being butt-heads but the organization from owner, to coach, to players, all represented themselves very well during and after the game.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 07:57 PM
My one gripe, if you can call it that... I don't normally care about announcers and I usually don't have a problem with Collinsworth, but he sure seemed to be looking for any reason possible to have one (or both) of those reviewed TDs by the Eagles overturned in favor of the Pats...

The catch at the back of the endzone was at least close as to whether he lost control of the ball at any point (my personal opinion is that he caught it, was tucking it, so it shifted but he never lost control of it... but the one where Ertz caught it on the 5, took 3 steps, then dove to the endzone, that review should have taken about 4 seconds.. and Collinsworth was trying to say that one should go in favor of the Pats too.. <smdh>
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 08:23 PM
I don't even think Britt was active for the game. Dude is close to being out of the league. He probably should shut his mouth for awhile.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
My one gripe, if you can call it that... I don't normally care about announcers and I usually don't have a problem with Collinsworth, but he sure seemed to be looking for any reason possible to have one (or both) of those reviewed TDs by the Eagles overturned in favor of the Pats...

The catch at the back of the endzone was at least close as to whether he lost control of the ball at any point (my personal opinion is that he caught it, was tucking it, so it shifted but he never lost control of it... but the one where Ertz caught it on the 5, took 3 steps, then dove to the endzone, that review should have taken about 4 seconds.. and Collinsworth was trying to say that one should go in favor of the Pats too.. <smdh>

I hate Collinsworth as an announcer. Last night my girlfriend pointed out how one sided he seemed to be when it came to his praise of all things New England. He’s been this way throughout his announcing career. You can tell who he’s rooting for, usually the front runner, instead of being as close to impartial as he humanly can be. It’s part of what makes Kirk Herbstreet as great as he is. He does a good job of announcing what he’s seeing on the field. He may be a Buckeye, he may cast his vote on the morning show for them to win, but when it comes to game time he does his job.
Collinsworth may know the X’s and O’s but he has no ability to not play sides. I can’t stand him.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 09:44 PM
The one take away I have from this game, Britt still doesn't have a ring! thumbsup

It worked out better for Bryce Treggs. After being released from the Browns, the Eagles signed him back to the team in mid-December.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 10:00 PM
When I am at happy hour...day after backup QB beating Pats.....and all the Superbowl discussion is at the other end of the bar. And I am too far away to join in.....

Nooooooooooo!
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 11:14 PM
Best part about this is listening to Patriot fans complain about the refs.
Posted By: Dave Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 11:17 PM
Quote:
A little more defense would have been nice.

Amen to that. Watching those defenses reminded me of a quote I read that Casey Stengel said to the team when he managed the expansion NY Mets ... "Can anybody here play this game?". But then I remembered that this is the type of game the NFL wants. Every rule change in the last 20 years was done with the express purpose of promoting more offense. Gotta pull in those NBA fans, don'tcha know.

Awesome ... rolleyes
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 11:23 PM
Every rule change other than "what is a catch." That rule drives me nuts. No one understands it completely.
Posted By: Dave Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/05/18 11:29 PM
Defining a catch is like defining pornography: I know it when I see it.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/06/18 01:21 AM
I missed most of the game yesterday as we scored free tix to see the Dress Rehearsal for 'Hamilton' up in Seattle. However, it was an afternoon performance and we got out and caught a bite to eat before hitting the 2.5 hr drive south. Went to a pub/restaurant and saw the tail end of the 2nd qtr and all of the 3rd. Loosely followed/checked on score updates on the drive home. Glad Philly won, but I must admit there was NO defense in the 3rd quarter. Missed the 4th but based on the score it looks as it there was no defense in the 2nd half. Was Patricia actually announced as Lions HC? I mean...their first few games of the season they got trashed and then they tightened things up, but they allowed Philly to score a lot on them.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/06/18 01:38 AM
Great post, Dave. Simple but true.
And that was a catch, the go-ahead TD. It was a catch when u and I was a kid playing backyard ball, it was a catch in pro football forever.
I'm glad the patriots lost, as an east coast Canuck not far from Boston, I get to listen to their fans all the time.

I'm glad a team that I don't dislike won its first ever Super Bowl. Good for them.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/07/18 03:01 AM

As glad as I am that the Pats lost I'm sure Tom would reply, 'I've been to eight Joe, that's twice as many as you've won and I've won 5 of them'!

Yeah but 4-0, with no picks, is a lot closer to being the GOAT than 5-3.
5-3,isn't even .600, Tommy. wink
Posted By: eotab Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/07/18 06:56 PM
At the end of it all...all be it that I slept through most of the game. I was rooting for the PATs and I don't bet so their loss has absolutely ZERO, ZILCH pain as one loss from our Browns in the season give me.

Congrats to Foles a nicer guy I don't think there is in the NFL and what I do like is that its a disclaimer to one of my most hated sayings as people live by it. (Leo Durocher founded it).

Nice guys finish last. So good for Foles!

jmho - still hate Eagle fans. lol
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/07/18 10:46 PM
Every rule change other than "what is a catch." That rule drives me nuts. No one understands it completely.

And no one ever will. They can write and rewrite the rule 100 times adding and removing phrases and clauses.. fact remains that you have 3 or 4 things going on in a split second or two in time... large grown men trying to catch and control a flying ball while other large grown men try to hit him, then you have boundary lines, the ground, what constitutes "control" or a "football move", etc..

So you take all of that, which happens in a split second and slow it down to super slo-mo and try to dissect what happened in what order.. there will always be controversy.

Hold a football and run across your living room, switch it from your left hand to your right.. if you slow a video of that down enough, it's going to look, for a fraction of a second, like you lost control of the ball.. now take it into the bedroom and dive onto the bed.. as soon as you hit the bed it will look like you momentarily lost control.. it's going to look like that almost every single time.

I have no idea how the NFL could possibly "fix" this..
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/07/18 11:00 PM
Quote:
Hold a football and run across your living room, switch it from your left hand to your right.. if you slow a video of that down enough, it's going to look, for a fraction of a second, like you lost control of the ball.. now take it into the bedroom and dive onto the bed.. as soon as you hit the bed it will look like you momentarily lost control.. it's going to look like that almost every single time.

Thanks. Now my wife thinks I'm nuts.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/07/18 11:19 PM
Quote:

Thanks. Now my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I don’t have a football and I’m not sure grabbing one of my schnauzers in its place was such a good idea.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/08/18 02:52 AM

Yeah but 4-0, with no picks, is a lot closer to being the GOAT than 5-3.
5-3,isn't even .600, Tommy. wink

Are you telling me that Joe Montana didn't throw one interception in all four Super Bowls?

Wow...
Posted By: Haus Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/08/18 01:27 PM
A Super Bowl loss is still a conference championship. It's not like losing in an earlier round of the playoffs (or missing the playoffs altogether) is a more successful season.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Super Bowl LII: Eagles vs Patriots - 02/09/18 04:46 PM
Read something yesterday that the long snapper said they faked walk throughs in case NE was spying/watching.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagle...-were-watching/
© DawgTalkers.net