DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: tastybrownies DogeCoin Mania - 05/01/21 01:08 AM
At first I remembered the doge from the Internet meme several years ago and thought, hmmmm, that's a pretty cute dog and then saw it had its own crypto currency! I've downloaded the Robinhood app and put some money into it and so far its been an excellent return and I'm very pleased. Especially with Musk and Cuban seeming to support the new doge currency, and meanwhile brands like SlimJim and Snickers were tweeting about it. Is this the next bitcoin? What do you guys think about it? It seems to ride the waves of popularity and the stock price goes up when people make news of it. I'm not sure what the future of it will be but its kind of exciting to have some shares, pretty fun! Some people are super crazy with it and have massive reddit threads, live Youtube stock watches for Doge, and more. There seems to be a real sense of community around the coin and people love it.

Anyone else heard about DogeCoin, have shares, or investing?

https://investorplace.com/2021/04/dogeco...he-crypto-next/
Gains are already cooking up thanks to Elon Musk's newest tweet

By Brenden Rearick, InvestorPlace Assistant News Writer Apr 28, 2021, 10:46 am EDT
Elon Musk is making Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD) an offer it can’t refuse. Musk is making it very clear that he wants to be the face of the Dogecoin revolution. And as long as he keeps boosting up the coin’s price, DOGE investors are all for it. With his newest tweet, the eccentric billionaire has taken another step closer to his goal of DOGE mascot-dominance. The aftermath is a 10-cent boost in DOGE value and a host of bullish Dogecoin price predictions.

A close-up shot of a Dogecoin (DOGE) concept token.
Source: Shutterstock
Just 23 characters is all it takes for Elon Musk to drive the crypto world crazy. A five-word promotional tweet for his coming SNL episode ended up setting the DOGE rocket off:

It took 14 minutes for the tweet to boost up DOGE by 4 cents. The coin is currently up over 14% on the day, trading at 31 cents.

Dogecoin Price Predictions Swell After Musk Tweet

The newly minted Don Vito of DOGE must’ve gotten tired of seeing the crypto hovering around the quarter mark. Every Elon Musk Dogecoin tweet is placed with precision; seemingly so casual. The entrepreneur can guide the trajectory of the crypto at-will. Investors love it. What’s not to love when you can simply hold on and watch an eccentric billionaire boost your portfolio, a couple words at a time? And with all the other celebrity endorsement, there’s no reason not to be feeling bullish on DOGE today. Mark Cuban showed up at The Ellen DeGeneres Show just yesterday to sing the DOGE gospel.

Through all of the Dogecoin praise, crypto analysts are really optimistic about DOGE’s 2021 outlook. Dogecoin price predictions are all pointing toward gains, and some even think the coin could hit the $1 mark this year. Coinpedia, as well as Capital.com, are both signaling a $1 DOGE target by December. The Economy Forecast Agency has gone even more bullish, predicting a $1.15 price by the end of the year. In 12 months, WalletInvestor thinks we could even be looking at a price of nearly $2.

On the date of publication, Brenden Rearick did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/01/21 05:58 AM
Dogecoin is feeling a bit like Gamestop to me. Lots of hype. Get in at the right time, or stay out of it.

I wish I would have gotten in on it when it was pennies.

It won't go too high because it has no cap.

But hey, buy enough of it when it's cheap and that doesn't matter.

Musk probably bought a crap ton and then drove it up with his celebrity comments.

He is probably talking to his rich friends "Want to see me make another billion while doing nothing? Hold my beer."
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/01/21 08:57 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Musk probably bought a crap ton and then drove it up with his celebrity comments.

He is probably talking to his rich friends "Want to see me make another billion while doing nothing? Hold my beer."

Probably more like hold my Dom, but I get it.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/01/21 11:57 AM
I bought some at .06, sold at .4 and bought back in at .25. Didn't buy a lot but have made some money on it. Got a sell order at .45 and .3.

There is another crypto thread on here somewhere that has talk about more coins.

I currently have Bitcoin, XRP, Doge, and Litecoin. Wish I would have bought Bitcoin Cash on the dip to the 700's.

And I agree, Doge is like GME. Made a few bucks on it too.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/02/21 10:45 PM
Had Doge at .05 and .09 and sold it yesterday just under .4. Will buy back in if it goes back down into the .22-.24 range. I think there is money to be made if you can time this roller coaster ride up and down within that range. Maybe one day it will blow past .4 and get to a dollar like some predict... who knows.

I have Litecoin and Ethereum.. then a smattering of a couple others just because.. well, who knows. The Ethereum has been doing really well lately and is a lot more stable than betting on Doge or some of the others.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 01:46 AM
Doge is a joke. I can't put my money behind that. I've invested in others that actually have substance.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 10:48 AM
I am a dinosaur. I don't understand that stuff and frankly, I have mine and don't seek speculative or even long term growth options.

I invested in some tech stock, but mostly in things I could see and feel, like McDonalds, Exxon, Wal-mart, gold coins in safe.

If I was younger I would probably get educated and involved. Just a cautionary note as I have seen mention of this in this thread: If you are trying to time things, you are in a bad investment. Take your money down to the race track. At least there you have some fun losing your ass.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 01:16 PM
i have a little doge, but i have not bought any more. ive been funneling money into other cryptos tho
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 02:12 PM
I have doge. I have other crypto as well. Crypto isn't going anywhere, IMO. Just have to determine which is of value and which is just along for the ride until the bubble bursts.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I have doge. I have other crypto as well. Crypto isn't going anywhere, IMO. Just have to determine which is of value and which is just along for the ride until the bubble bursts.

I throw a little in my wallet every week, and just monitor the dips.

I think I am invested in 8 different coins at this point. Most of my holdings are Bitcoin and Ethereum, but I have also thrown some into the smaller coins (VET, ADA, VTHO)

its fun to watch. I still value traditional assets a little more, but you are definitely right that crypto is here to stay.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 04:42 PM
XRP/Ripple... it’s how money will be moved by the banking system in the near future. Many world banks are already implementing it. It’s cheaper, uses less energy, and is far faster than the current method, Swift, or other coins such as BTC, ETH, or LTC. Cross border payments /money transfers in 4 seconds. Banks like the speed and low cost.
The ability for remittance payments to be made so fast and cheap will draw users too. As an example a migrant worker in the US might send significant parts of their paycheck home to their family in Mexico. Every year millions of dollars are sent like this using old methods like Western Union. The fees for WU are crazy high and it can take days for your money to make it to your family. XRP can move that same money in 4 seconds for pennies on the dollar.
Do your own research but I’m telling you, get in. I’ve been buying since it was $0.28. It’s holding around $1.60 now... it won’t for long.
The SEC is losing its case against Ripple Labs. It’s just a matter of time. (Even if they don’t, which they will, it won’t matter as it’s being implemented by so many other banks around the world. Especially Asia where there’s a lot of remittance money being moved and cross border payments. The SEC can’t stop the world.) Once it gets relisted on Coinbase I look for it to take off again big. Currently I buy on Uphold. There’s other platforms that’ll let you grab it too.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 09:58 PM
I have no idea what to do so I guess I'm going to keep riding the train. I have something around 10K shares at the moment. Looks like its up today and I just saw this. Interesting.

MLB Sells First Tickets Via Dogecoin: Oakland A's Offering 2-Pack Tickets For 100 DOGE

by
Chris Katje
May 3, 2021 5:36 pm

MLB Sells First Tickets Via Dogecoin: Oakland A's Offering 2-Pack Tickets For 100 DOGE
The first Major League Baseball team to complete a transaction using meme cryptocurrency Dogecoin (CRYPTO:DOGE) occurred Monday.

What Happened: The Oakland Athletics President Dave Kaval said that the first two tickets had been purchased using Dogecoin for Monday’s game.

The Athletics are offering a Dogecoin-themed special where fans can buy two plaza infield tickets for a game May 3 through May 6 for 100 Dogecoin.

After filling out a form, fans will be contacted by a ticket rep to complete the transaction through BitPay and deliver the tickets through the MLB Ballpark App.

Related Link: How To Buy Dogecoin

Why It’s Important: The sale by the Athletics follows the success the Dallas Mavericks have had in selling merchandise and tickets using Dogecoin. Owner Mark Cuban reported the Mavericks had merchandise sales of $122,000 from Dogecoin as of April 16, including a 550% increase from the month of March to April.

The Athletics offered a Bitcoin promotion at the start of the season offering fans the chance to buy a full season suite package for one Bitcoin ($56,155 at the time) versus paying $64,800 in USD.

Price Action: Dogecoin trades at $0.4330 at the time of writing, nearing its all-time high of $0.4377 set earlier this month.

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptoc...ts-for-100-doge
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/03/21 10:05 PM
Budweiser getting in on the action! Doge intensifies!

Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/04/21 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am a dinosaur. I don't understand that stuff and frankly, I have mine and don't seek speculative or even long term growth options.

I invested in some tech stock, but mostly in things I could see and feel, like McDonalds, Exxon, Wal-mart, gold coins in safe.

If I was younger I would probably get educated and involved. Just a cautionary note as I have seen mention of this in this thread: If you are trying to time things, you are in a bad investment. Take your money down to the race track. At least there you have some fun losing your ass.

I don't think I'm that old but haven't been able to get into crypto... I just don't fully understand it...

I mainly invest in stocks, index funds, and recently real estate... I need to invest in gold/silver but just haven't pulled that trigger yet...
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/04/21 12:12 PM
j/c:

Posted By: BpG Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/04/21 01:50 PM
If you got in early and got out recently, you love Doge.

Some people are going to get in late, stay too long and lose money.
Posted By: Squires Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/07/21 09:14 PM
jc

New York could ban crypto mining to study environmental effects
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/08/21 12:17 AM
It's supposed to be like 10 times worse on the environment than virtually any other computing endeavor.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:11 PM
j/c:

Like Dogecoin, is anyone invested in social media-hyped SafeMoon crypto? This seems like the next popular crypto and has been promoted quite a bit but more laborious to purchase.

Currently at .000008 ish.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:35 PM
Buy a billion of them! It'd be fun to say you own a billion of something.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:41 PM
I bought 2million Shiba for $29 yesterday. I’m up 140% or so overnight… a whopping $62. At $0.00003 per coin I bought it on a lark. It’s fun to say I own 2 million coins. If I lose my $29 no harm no foul. If it hits $0.50 I’m a millionaire. So… it’s my only real ‘gamble’ in my crypto wallet. Most of my other holdings are legit coins with proven use backing them.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:41 PM
I have 10.6M so I'm getting there.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:45 PM
Where are you buying SafeMoon? It’s not on my three platforms… Coinbase, Uphold, Crypto.com.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 02:49 PM
You have to go through several hoops. Through the Trust Wallet, I needed to go through a swap with BNB to convert.

The Safemoon site has a video to illustrate how.
Posted By: FATE Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 03:02 PM
I'm new to the game... was about to buy Doge when Musk mentioned it the first time. Went to my brokerage account and couldn't find it -- it was only then that I learned crypto was traded on a different platform.

Any recommendations for a novice just getting started?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 03:10 PM
j/c...

I'd like to just create my own cryptocurrency and pay a team to market the hell out of it.

RocketMoon!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
I'm new to the game... was about to buy Doge when Musk mentioned it the first time. Went to my brokerage account and couldn't find it -- it was only then that I learned crypto was traded on a different platform.

Coinbase is the most widely used. That said it’s limited in what you can buy. I use three different apps to give me access to the coins I want.
PM me if you’re interested in opening a Coinbase account. I’ll send you a referral link and we’ll both get some free coins.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/10/21 05:46 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Frenchy Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/11/21 04:02 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Coinbase is the most widely used. That said it’s limited in what you can buy. I use three different apps to give me access to the coins I want.
PM me if you’re interested in opening a Coinbase account. I’ll send you a referral link and we’ll both get some free coins.

I’m also a novice, got $100 just laying around to make millions, lol.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/11/21 03:49 PM
I use Binance for mine. But I probably will be opening another as Binance doesn't have every coin i want.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/12/21 04:48 PM
Portland,
what did you use to buy Shib?

I have a trustwallet account and now can pretty easy buy BNB but I couldn't use trustwallet for Shib. So I checked out how to buy and purchased some ETH a couple days ago and tried to buy Shib and the network fees were insanely high to purchase with ETH on Uniswap so I am holding onto the ETH for right now.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/12/21 04:56 PM
Crypto.com
Once you sign up you have a 30 window of no fees. PM me if you want a referral link.
With the link you can get $25 free CRO coin… if you buy about $400 worth of CRO and stake it… so it may or may not be worth it for you if you don’t have the cash to do so.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/12/21 05:02 PM

I am a novice also and it doesn't play well for someone in their 50's who has had online accounts or a friend who is a broker who you would just call in the old days. It helps that my daughter is going to be a college senior majoring in Computer system engineering and cyber security!

My kids keep saying look for the ones that can be Meme'd real easy. I keep telling them that its better to find the ones with low fees that you can get 1 million coins for every 15-20 bucks.

It doesn't take a lot of money to get started but you do need to invest some time in looking at youtube videos or "how to's" on the internet. I am still going through videos on how to sell and move money out of my account if I need to move fast.

If you want to buy Safemoon, it is not the same process on how to purchase as Shiba-

and like you, when I first heard about Doge going up during the holidays, we tried to find it on our TD stock account and couldn't find it anywhere-so we just bought something else
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/12/21 05:09 PM
I signed up for a crypto account a few days ago. I just checked my e-mail and it is waiting for me to verify my pic ID and then the account would be set. It already verified my e-mail so I don't know if i can back out and give you a referral but if you want to pm the link-go ahead
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/12/21 06:57 PM
I’d argue with your kids to look for coins that have proven usage.
XRP is working with banks all over the world to become the way they move money across borders. They just hired an ex US Treasurer to their board. It’s a solid investment.
XLM and Algo work along the same lines. Algo will also give you 6% on your holdings. No staking needed.
VET has usage similar to RFD tags. Only the VET tags can be added to merchandise and be tracked along a blockchain. Keeping a secure ledger. Something RFD doesn’t do.

The Shiba’s of the world should only be small gambles within a bigger crypto wallet filled with usage backed coins.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/13/21 12:07 AM
Big correction happening. Good time to buy.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/13/21 08:12 PM
Yep. Taking a beating this week.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/13/21 10:11 PM
I have 10.6M so I'm getting there.

31M.

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/13/21 10:15 PM
HODL
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/13/21 10:17 PM
And as a deflationary coin, when people sell, I get a portion of their coins while the other coins burn.

Supply is always going down.

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 01:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
It's supposed to be like 10 times worse on the environment than virtually any other computing endeavor.

Here’s some info related to the energy consumption. This is also why I’m a huge XRP guy. It’s the future.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:07 PM
A little more info…

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCKingdom5/status/1392642223066472448

XRP people. XRP. It’s vying to be the ‘world currency’. Stack your dimes next to the big guy’s dollars and ride it up.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:30 PM
A little more info…

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCKingdom5/status/1392642223066472448

XRP people. XRP. It’s vying to be the ‘world currency’. Stack your dimes next to the big guy’s dollars and ride it up.

I'm definitely going to invest. It sucks that I will need a secondary platform, as Binance does not offer it yet.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:34 PM
I am thinking about tossing $50-100 into one of these and just forgetting about it. Any suggestions?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:37 PM
Use Uphold. It’s so easy. It also allows you to trade anything for anything. Meaning you don’t have to convert ETH to some other coin before buying the coin you want. Or other such nonsense. It’s where I hold my XRP, ZIL, and ADA.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:40 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am thinking about tossing $50-100 into one of these and just forgetting about it. Any suggestions?

See my most recent posts.
If you’re looking to take a flyer on some super random gamble coin like Shiba I’d advise against it until you have some money invested in some real coins. Otherwise you might as well buy $50-100 worth of Powerball tickets.

It’d be the same advise I’d give to anyone looking to get into the stock market. Buy some Johnson and Johnson or some Target (any other stable company) before taking a flyer on some random upstart penny stock.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 05:48 PM
Use Uphold. It’s so easy. It also allows you to trade anything for anything. Meaning you don’t have to convert ETH to some other coin before buying the coin you want. Or other such nonsense. It’s where I hold my XRP, ZIL, and ADA.

Glad to hear you are on ADA, I have been investing in that since March. It's had a real nice week too
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 06:05 PM
I’m not as deep into that pool as I’d like to be. I’ve been focusing my money on other coins. Still doing well with it as my per coin price is $1.11… it’s trading at $1.90.
I’ve been putting money into VeChain… VET. I had to open up a crypto.com account to buy it but I like it’s use function and can see it growing worldwide. It’s trading around $0.20 right now. My purchasing powers go a lot further there than with ADA.

A little about VET for those that may not have read my other post related to it’s usage. Companies can tag their products with VET tags. Those products get scanned as they move through a supply chain. As they get scanned they get tracked on a secure blockchain ledger. Why would that be of importance?….

https://coincentral.com/vechain-thor-beginner-guide/#how-does-vechain-work

Supply Chain Trust

VeChain uses a mix of blockchain technology and their in-house built smart chip to track items throughout their lifecycle. The smart chip can be implemented in different IoT items such as NFC chips, RFID trackers, or QR codes.

Although this may not seem like the most interesting technology, it serves an important role in ensuring product quality across industries. Let’s look at the luxury goods sector as just one example.

The luxury goods industry is wrought with counterfeit items – over $450 billion worth. With an item like a Louis Vuitton purse changing hands several times during production and distribution, you need to trust that the person before you is passing along something authentic.

VeChain, like other blockchain companies, removes the need for this trust. At every step of the process, you can scan the smart chip on each item to guarantee you’re receiving what you should be. Because the blockchain is an immutable ledger, you can trust that you’re receiving accurate information.

Although still not available, it’s not crazy to assume that this technology will be in the hands of consumers shortly. Soon, you’ll be able to check the authenticity of those sketchy flea market stand sunglasses with a quick scan from your phone.

-————————

I’m big on investing in coins with strong usage plans backing them. XRP, VET, ADA, XLM, Algo… are the majority of my wallet for this reason.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 09:28 PM
I’m not as deep into that pool as I’d like to be. I’ve been focusing my money on other coins. Still doing well with it as my per coin price is $1.11… it’s trading at $1.90.
I’ve been putting money into VeChain… VET. I had to open up a crypto.com account to buy it but I like it’s use function and can see it growing worldwide. It’s trading around $0.20 right now. My purchasing powers go a lot further there than with ADA.

A little about VET for those that may not have read my other post related to it’s usage. Companies can tag their products with VET tags. Those products get scanned as they move through a supply chain. As they get scanned they get tracked on a secure blockchain ledger. Why would that be of importance?….

https://coincentral.com/vechain-thor-beginner-guide/#how-does-vechain-work

Supply Chain Trust

VeChain uses a mix of blockchain technology and their in-house built smart chip to track items throughout their lifecycle. The smart chip can be implemented in different IoT items such as NFC chips, RFID trackers, or QR codes.

Although this may not seem like the most interesting technology, it serves an important role in ensuring product quality across industries. Let’s look at the luxury goods sector as just one example.

The luxury goods industry is wrought with counterfeit items – over $450 billion worth. With an item like a Louis Vuitton purse changing hands several times during production and distribution, you need to trust that the person before you is passing along something authentic.

VeChain, like other blockchain companies, removes the need for this trust. At every step of the process, you can scan the smart chip on each item to guarantee you’re receiving what you should be. Because the blockchain is an immutable ledger, you can trust that you’re receiving accurate information.

Although still not available, it’s not crazy to assume that this technology will be in the hands of consumers shortly. Soon, you’ll be able to check the authenticity of those sketchy flea market stand sunglasses with a quick scan from your phone.

-————————

I’m big on investing in coins with strong usage plans backing them. XRP, VET, ADA, XLM, Algo… are the majority of my wallet for this reason.

any thoughts on VTHO? I've read that it goes along with VET. I don't know a ton about it, but I got in months ago when it was sub .01 so i got quite a bit of it.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/14/21 09:43 PM
I’m not familiar with it. It’s not on any of my exchanges.
I hope it turns out big for you.
To the moon!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/15/21 02:13 AM
This is a great webpage that lays out the environmental impact of the different coins.
… hint… XRP crushes them all… and it isn’t even close.

https://xrpl.org/carbon-calculator.html?...tent=1620777451
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/15/21 01:29 PM
I have a decent amount of XRP and only getting more.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/15/21 05:32 PM
I’m not familiar with it. It’s not on any of my exchanges.
I hope it turns out big for you.
To the moon!

Let's hope! Either way, it was a relatively small investment. For that one it is nice to sit back and just monitor the movement.

I also finally made my first investment into XRP. I've been looking for the right platform for it, and went with your suggestion of Uphold. I like the feel of the app, pretty simple and straightforward.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/15/21 11:17 PM
Good time to buy. The recent correction got it under $1.60 consistently. It’s priming to go over $2. The SEC needs to wrap up their dealings. Once it’s relisted on other platforms… To the moon.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/15/21 11:25 PM
I think it might be about time to sell my silver. I bought around $13/ounce, and it's now over $27.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/16/21 02:49 AM
Good time to buy. The recent correction got it under $1.60 consistently. It’s priming to go over $2. The SEC needs to wrap up their dealings. Once it’s relisted on other platforms… To the moon.

hell yes!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/18/21 09:31 PM
Share my advice: Sell half, hold half. You can repeat and average up to buy dips.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/19/21 11:53 AM
j/c:

This misleading China news is crazy.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/21/21 04:09 PM
xrp is under a dollar right now!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/21/21 10:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
xrp is under a dollar right now!

Great opportunity as there is a massive sell off going on right now. I mirror PortlandDawg's liking for this coin. Kudos to him for him promoting it on here. Seems super legit long-term.

Sidenote: I bought 10 billion in an alt coin just to say I have 10 billion. Cost me $80. rofl

#ToTheMoon

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/23/21 02:18 PM
To anyone not in the crypto market but thinking about taking the leap, now is a great time. This market correction is huge and a perfect time to get in at bargain prices.
XRP at .72 this morning.
Posted By: savagedawgs Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 03:00 PM
You got me interested so I looked it up- seems to be a good coin buy... bought some on uphold last night... thanks for your suggestions on this!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 03:11 PM
VET is now on Uphold. It’s a good price too with this recent dip. I’m in at .18 per. It’s trading around .10 now. I’m buying more to DCA my overall number down. If you’re looking to start in on VET or ZIL now is the time.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 05:58 PM
What sites do you use for research typically, especially about these more obscure ones?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
What sites do you use for research typically, especially about these more obscure ones?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk brownie
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 06:18 PM

Through my obsession with XRP I’ve stumbled into other smaller coins. When I hear of something that sounds intriguing I Google them. Then I read the whitepaper. It’s the coin’s creator’s layout of their coin’s purpose and intent. I also go to their webpage and see what they say. I do research on who’s getting onboard with usage, from banks to businesses. Looking at who’s on their board and where those folks come from. As an example XRP… they just hired Rosa Gumataotao Rios, the 43rd (and now former) Treasurer of the United States to their board of directors. I’m sure she had options. And I’m sure she wouldn’t sign on to a sinking ship. On top of that XRP is looking to become THE way banks move money. Having Rosie and her experiences, connections, and understanding of financial institutions and which way the wind is blowing, on the XRP team, is telling.

It’s my money. I’m willing to gamble, but you better believe that I’m going to do some research before putting my chips on the table.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 07:33 PM

https://twitter.com/elonmusk brownie

Sad but true. I have money in crypto and I wonder if Elon Musk realizes that every time he makes some comment which could be positive or negative.. millions and millions of non-billionaires around the world are making and losing significant amounts of money because of nothing more than some off-hand comment he made.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/25/21 09:36 PM
I was reading an article earlier about a billionaire who thinks one of the ones you guys talk about is nothing but a big hole you throw money into.

I'll have to try and find it again. It popped up on my phone this morning.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/26/21 01:04 PM
Sounds like Dogecoin actually.

The market is picking back up again. XRP is back over a dollar. For those looking to make their money go further VET and ZIL can still be had under .15 each. Both were trading at .20 just last week.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/26/21 07:06 PM
Sounds like Dogecoin actually.

The market is picking back up again. XRP is back over a dollar. For those looking to make their money go further VET and ZIL can still be had under .15 each. Both were trading at .20 just last week.

I got in on dogecoin back in january when it was a few pennies. I have held and probably will. It was a 30-40 investment, and I don't really care if I end up losing out because I didn't cash in when it hit 70+ cents or whatever. It's a crap coin that we should all stay away from. Unless you got in early on that one, there's no sense in getting in now. You'll definitely be left holding the bag.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 06/03/21 02:22 PM
j/c:

I'm curious to see what people think about this opportunity. Pre-Sale begins June 6th. It's called GreenLend (GLEND)

https://www.greenlend.org/ for more information.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 06/07/21 02:04 PM

Quickly, everyone. Now is the time to buy some (more) Bitcoin.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 06/07/21 02:12 PM
Now I know for sure it’s a good investment.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: DogeCoin Mania - 06/22/21 11:44 AM
This doesn't fit with the thread so much, but it was the first thread that deals with investing matters.

I have never been all that big in investing in commodities or precious metals except for gold coins I could put in hand, but I think there is going to be a solid market in copper and lithium.

Both are major components in many components connected with the green movement, especially electric car batteries.

As with any commodity, it can be a roller coaster, but if you and your advisor do the research on various mining companies, AND CAN LET YOUR MONEY SIT for 10-15 years, I think you can realize significant gains over the long haul.

I am investing in some, not a ton, more as an inflation hedge since 10-15 years is more or less the end of my expected lifespan, so I don't need or expect to see any real profit.

I don't share specific things I am doing or thinking of doing in here because I don't want any of you saying "That damn Ballpeen" if you lose out for one reason or another. You pick your own.

Again, this is if you have a few bucks you can sit on for a decade and don't need in the short term.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 06/22/21 12:20 PM
j/c:

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 07/01/21 08:58 PM
Waiting for the crypto endorsements from college athletes.....

Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 07/05/21 06:31 PM
Waiting for the crypto endorsements from college athletes.....

I have been holding off on buying any more crypto, i want to see if it tanks any more. it's slowly going back up, but I think we may see another dip. until then i am consistently adding money to my USD accounts on my crypto apps. I will be ready to pounce when that dip comes
Posted By: Squires Re: DogeCoin Mania - 07/13/21 01:49 AM
Nuclear powered crypto plant planned for PA next year
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/12/21 04:24 PM
XRP starting to climb again, hit 1.09 last night, back down to mid .90's

I made a nice little investment when it got down to .60. I will be making another soon.

I have also been high on Cardano and that one is doing pretty well too. Both are a lot more eco-friendly than some of these other coins. Proud to be holding both long term!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/12/21 09:45 PM
I’m still killing it with my BTC and ETH (2) holdings. Having bought in at $10,000 and $350 respectively. But I really don’t put money back into those. I’m more interested in smaller altcoins with good usage and backing.

XRP
XLM
Algo… I’m earning 4% APY (was 6% at one time)
ETH 2… I’m earning 5% APY
ADA
ZIL
VET
HBAR

I hold a few others in small numbers but those are my altcoins I believe in. Those are the ones I invest in most heavily.

This uptick in the market has been fun. I was able to dollar cost average down some of my holdings on this last dip. So I’m really seeing the effects with the recent climb.

The SEC needs to get out of Ripple/XRPs way. They’re being adapted by so many banks now that the SEC is only holding the US banking industry’s inevitable adaptation to it back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yah...-104157038.html

“Ripple Continues Its Asian Dominance Despite Regulatory Challenges In The US
Hassan Maishera
August 11, 2021, 3:41 am
Ripple has been making massive progress in Asia, with its ongoing legal case in the United States not standing in the way of its expansion in the continent.…”
Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/13/21 12:35 AM
I need to invest in some crypto this year... I'm selling off some assets to reinvest in some other things.... mainly real estate, but feel like I want to take a small position in crypto...

I know you've said previously, but any suggestions on where to invest and which crypto... I was thinking of going with coinbase and investing first with ethereum... but frankly need to research more
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/13/21 04:35 PM
Read back through this thread. I, and others, laid out a lot of good information that’ll get you started. If you have more specific questions after that let me know.

Addendum: I’d get Coinbase and Uphold to start. ETH is a good bet. You can stake it on ETH 2 and get 5% APY. Just know that once it’s staked it can’t be touched until they have ETH 2 fully operational. If you’re holding long term it’s not an issue.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 04:47 PM
I'm hoping they finally settle, but until then, I am gonna take advantage and invest what I can into these. I am excited about investing as it grows as well. I am really high on ADA and XRP, and VET is another i am hoping to drop some money into
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 05:16 PM
I’m really hoping XRP finds support over or around $1.20 and stays there. It’ll be a good indicator of the next pump. If it drops below $1 again I’ll be buying. My current per coin average is about $0.76.
I’m still down on my VET. I’m in around $0.16. It’ll bounce back soon I think. In the mean time I DCA to better my position.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 05:22 PM
Check out HBAR. It’s the Ethereum killer. Similar tech and usage. A ton less energy usage and better speed of transactions. Ethereum had to develop ETH2 because the original tech is outdated. ETH2 is not fully functioning yet. HBAR is operational. ETH(2) will never go away but HBAR will cut into their market share in time.
In the meantime all my ETH is staked in ETH2 and earning me 5%. And my HBAR purchases continue to pile up.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 07:25 PM
Check out HBAR. It’s the Ethereum killer. Similar tech and usage. A ton less energy usage and better speed of transactions. Ethereum had to develop ETH2 because the original tech is outdated. ETH2 is not fully functioning yet. HBAR is operational. ETH(2) will never go away but HBAR will cut into their market share in time.
In the meantime all my ETH is staked in ETH2 and earning me 5%. And my HBAR purchases continue to pile up.

yeah i have read about that one, have not dove in yet, but i am really starting to like the idea of these energy savers.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 08:59 PM
I haven't messed with crypto for years and when I did it was mining. I actually mined over 3 bitcoin when it first started. I split them with a partner back then and he sold his when the price was around $100... I held mine only to forget about it then later during a computer upgrade, I lost my wallet cred and my bitcoin. I did everything I could think of early last year to try and recover that info; it was so early I can't even remember what wallet we used or if it was a hard wallet text file. Major bummer when you see it trading at 50K and can't find 1 and a half of them.

Anyway, I've been watching you guys talk about it here and I read reddit forums about it and am interested again. But there is a buzz around this with blockchain programmers worried about world governments dabbling in and attempting to create and regulate crypto so they can control and tax it. Having no idea how this might affect current cryptocurrencies and the political internet freedom/screw the man minded devs that build and maintain them. Crypto was originally intended to be a currency not linked to nor backed by any government, therefore it is less likely to be manipulated, controlled, or seized.

So with that said, I would like to just caution you guys to those things coming down the pike before any of you go too deep and do not consider them. Basically, just saying.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/15/21 10:51 PM
I hear you. With that, it’s why I’m putting my money in coins like XRP… because the world banks are getting involved and using them. I’ll stack my pennies next to their dollars and ride it up.
Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/17/21 01:26 AM
Thanks Portland!!

Just got a short term rental under contract... so will have to put the crypto on hold until we get this one stabilized.... likely will be the last rental property we do this year so once it's stabilized I can research crypto a bit more...
Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/23/21 10:41 PM

Algo… I’m earning 4% APY (was 6% at one time)

Move your algo to the official wallet. Currently paying 5.63% however governance is going to kick in soon and that will pay significantly higher at least for the first quarter of governance, as much as 33% iirc, but more than likely will fall in the 10-15% area. At least for the first quarter of governance, you'll also continue to earn participation rewards (5.63% currently).

some info on governance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7pARZYrr0&t=1645s
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 08/24/21 02:54 PM
cardano havin a real good week
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: DogeCoin Mania - 09/11/21 05:55 AM
People could have themselves a little ole accident.

There are more football fans than billionaire owners.
There are at least 10 times as many football fans, in the US, than billionaire owners of major league football teams.

Stadiums. If all the people of America took a vote, as if that would ever matter rofl

I think a simple law as much as, No Major league football stadium can be torn down and rebuilt at other than private expense, without a 400, million dollar tax per stadium, (from the private owners), unless that stadium were at least 40 years and 11 days old.

Boom, Every 20 years the billionairs want you the taxpayers to pay for a new stadium, or threaten to move your team to a new city because they are business,
and the Media in the US, supports THEM, not you.
So everybody's been bought off?

None of these stadiums they build couldn't stand for 40 years, they could stand for 140, except for greed, and taking from the masses to finance the few.

Buffalo, Carolina, D.C. may currently be in stadium situations, and Cincinnati may be in the near future.

NFL owners, 400, million dollars a year from TV deals alone.
But neighbors need to pay for new stadiums.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 09/11/21 06:05 AM
I don't know what that has to do with doge coin.

But.

In the ATL, Mercedes Benz Stadium cost 1.6 Billion to build. Taxpayers only paid 200 million. Arthur Blank ponied up the rest. It's the Stadium that keeps on giving. Next Wednesday I'll be in the Stadium's Harrahs club that has free beer and free food with great seats for the soccer game. My ticket price was 50 bucks. 70 after stubhub fees. Can't be more fair than that.

Not every place is a ripoff.
Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule Re: DogeCoin Mania - 09/15/21 08:47 PM
Algorand took off recently. For those that have it, governance starts soon (oct 1) so get yourselves the official wallet to double down on governance and participation rewards.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/25/21 01:37 AM
J/C ......

China is really starting to crack down hard on crypto ...... so just be careful .....
Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/25/21 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
J/C ......

China is really starting to crack down hard on crypto ...... so just be careful .....

Great... so I decided to finally put some money into crypto this week.... I look at this as entertainment money for the most part because I know how volatile it is and I really don't know what I'm doing with Crypto.... so far I'm only down 8% in a week!! I think my biggest loser of the week has last 13% in the last 2 days.... has been interesting watching and trying to learn, but I'm not sure I'm going to get too serious into Crypto right now... my biggest focus is still real estate investing... starting REI last year and so far that's gone pretty well, so would like to continue to grow that to help my foundation while also allocating some (small amount) of money to other things like Crypto
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/25/21 03:28 PM
The crypto market is down right now. It’s a great buy opportunity. Don’t look at the ‘losses’ you’ve seen as anything more than an opportunity to dollar cost average down.
Look at it the same as a down stock market. Don’t get spooked. Get aggressive.

You’re right though. It’s volatile. In time the SEC will settle with Ripple Labs and bring a lot of clarity to the overall space. Crypto isn’t going away. Too many big banks are already involved. I’m starting to see more and more advertisements for Crypto.com, and new crypto based ETFs and such on TV and in pre-movie commercials. It’s here to stay.

Get in early. This is your opportunity to buy Apple stock when they’re still working out of their garage.
That said no one new Apple would be Apple back then. Those that took the chance and coughed up some cash early reaped their rewards.
This is where the crypto space is currently… gambling on Apple…
I’m in.
Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/25/21 04:44 PM
Thanks! Completely agree... any suggestions for crypto to look at in the down market currently?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/25/21 05:49 PM
Do some research on iso20022.
Then look at the coins that are already compliant.
I’m bullish on all of them. One I’m really liking is Hedera Hashgraph… HBAR. At the price it’s at it’s easy to accumulate big numbers.

If you look back through this thread I’ve talked about my main picks. They haven’t really changed.

There’s one outlier I just made a mistake with. I’d been holding MANA for a few months. Bought just under $1 per coin. It dropped almost immediately after I bought it. I sat on it for months until I got back into the positive, then traded it for Algo (which I’m very happy with gaining 4% interest on)… Within a day of my trade Facebook announced the whole Meta thing. MANA is apparently tied closely as a cryptocurrency to be used within the virtual Metaworld. It’s now sitting at about $5 a coin and climbing. Damn.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/26/21 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
The crypto market is down right now. It’s a great buy opportunity. Don’t look at the ‘losses’ you’ve seen as anything more than an opportunity to dollar cost average down.
Look at it the same as a down stock market. Don’t get spooked. Get aggressive.

You’re right though. It’s volatile. In time the SEC will settle with Ripple Labs and bring a lot of clarity to the overall space. Crypto isn’t going away. Too many big banks are already involved. I’m starting to see more and more advertisements for Crypto.com, and new crypto based ETFs and such on TV and in pre-movie commercials. It’s here to stay.

Get in early. This is your opportunity to buy Apple stock when they’re still working out of their garage.
That said no one new Apple would be Apple back then. Those that took the chance and coughed up some cash early reaped their rewards.
This is where the crypto space is currently… gambling on Apple…
I’m in.

I agree with you, Port, that it's here to stay; but I'd be negligent as a friend if I didn't point out that the "Pager" got this same hype when it hit the scene. It's the future, not going anywhere, everybody should get one... wink
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/26/21 03:00 PM
xrp back under a buck, im gonna be making a sizable investment soon
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/26/21 03:08 PM
I had limit orders set that kicked in late last night for both XRP and HBAR.
Woke up with more of both.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/26/21 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I had limit orders set that kicked in late last night for both XRP and HBAR.
Woke up with more of both.

I timed my last dip on xrp almost perfectly, i think i got in at .67 cents and it only dropped a few cents before jumping back up. im gonna play this one closely, its at about .95 right now
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 11/26/21 05:07 PM
I’m holding a large number of XRP at an $0.84 average. So I’m still up there.
Bitcoin would have to drop under $10,000 for me to be upside down in my overall portfolio. ETH would need to fall under $400.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 03:47 AM
Who stayed in, and who lost a ton on these ... currencies?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 04:47 AM
I would guess the losers won't respond. And I do like the question mark after ....these currencies.

But, as with all investments, things go up and down.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 12:03 PM
I recently heard that one of these lost something like 75% of its value. I hope everyone here got out before taking a horrible bath.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I would guess the losers won't respond. And I do like the question mark after ....these currencies.

But, as with all investments, things go up and down.
[quote=archbolddawg]

I’ll respond. I’m still up on bitcoin, even on litecoin which are my 2 biggest holdings. Doge and xrp are at a loss but I don’t have a lot of money wrapped up in those.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 12:37 PM
I’m still up on Bitcoin and Ethereum. I’m still holding everything. I’ve lost nothing. I still believe in the projects I’m invested in. Just like I believe in Tesla even though I’m down on my investment there too. Markets can be volatile. This is just an opportunity to DCA down.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Who stayed in, and who lost a ton on these ... currencies?

So the passive/aggressive implication of your post especially the last part ("these......currencies?") is you generally think crypto isn't a legit investment strategy or the future of crypto as a transaction mechanism isn't viable? Do I have that correct?

Further, it depends on what you mean by "lost". Many people haven't done anything with their crypto investments, much like their stocks, especially during this market climate and may have even reinvested more in their crypto portfolio based on potential value. I know I have with my coins in certain situations. So in this sense many haven't lost anything because they are not realizing their gains/losses yet.

Finally, and perhaps I should have asked this earlier....are you referring to meme coins like a Doge or just the concept of crypto and people's investments in general?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 02:18 PM
Whether it's crypto, stocks, or horses at the track... it's all gambling in the end. If you give it an honest look, none is really all that different from the other.

I'm similarly skeptical about these currencies. It doesn't help that they kinda get put in the same buckets as the whole NFT thing... and I don't care what you say... that's a straight up scam.

I also couldn't help but chuckle when the hackers behind the gas pipeline got the bitcoin wallet they used for the ransom payment repo'd by our govt... and everyone just kinda shrugged like that wasn't a GIANT black mark on one of (if not THE) primary pillars of the crypto movement.
Posted By: FATE Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/27/22 03:02 PM
I've stayed out to this point. Got caught up in the frenzy a while back and almost opened my account. First, I'll say there was a lot of helpful advice here and offered real insight and strategy.

I was researching different "coins" and kept wondering why are there so many? Why are there more everyday? Doesn't this water down the investment and make the whole market more volatile? Searching for some of these answers, I ran across this:

A financial report this week celebrated the launch of yet another cryptocurrency, this time a new LGBTQ-focused coin that aims to "fight against homophobia."

If it takes off, the maricoin, a name which, as Reuters reported, is derived from a Spanish language homophobic slur, may be the kind of niche token that will survive in a very competitive field. Its founders hope so.

With so many cryptocurrencies, why do any of them have value?

Cryptos to "fight against homophobia"? Seems like the market is getting saturated and upstarts are just looking for any way to create a buzz and "take off". That's fine, but it just made me realize I'm not willing to put in all the work to sort through this web of b.s... and anything less is akin to stepping up to a slot machine.

Don't get me wrong... I like gambling, and will probably gamble a bit on cryptos, a small portion of my investment dollar is always gambling on something anyway and I've made money over time (with a lot of woulda, coulda, shouldas taking the tops off or watching the bottom fall out). This is a huge opportunity for huge gains in short periods if you target the right currencies... and as many have mentioned here, adequate "hedges" take a lot of the risk out of the equation.
Posted By: jaybird Re: DogeCoin Mania - 05/29/22 03:37 PM
Down $4k.... not planning on selling... put some money into VTSAX last week... if it keeps dipping will put some more money it in to try and get some sales smile
© DawgTalkers.net