Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1861488 04/30/21 09:08 PM
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
At first I remembered the doge from the Internet meme several years ago and thought, hmmmm, that's a pretty cute dog and then saw it had its own crypto currency! I've downloaded the Robinhood app and put some money into it and so far its been an excellent return and I'm very pleased. Especially with Musk and Cuban seeming to support the new doge currency, and meanwhile brands like SlimJim and Snickers were tweeting about it. Is this the next bitcoin? What do you guys think about it? It seems to ride the waves of popularity and the stock price goes up when people make news of it. I'm not sure what the future of it will be but its kind of exciting to have some shares, pretty fun! Some people are super crazy with it and have massive reddit threads, live Youtube stock watches for Doge, and more. There seems to be a real sense of community around the coin and people love it.

Anyone else heard about DogeCoin, have shares, or investing?

https://investorplace.com/2021/04/dogeco...he-crypto-next/
Gains are already cooking up thanks to Elon Musk's newest tweet

By Brenden Rearick, InvestorPlace Assistant News Writer Apr 28, 2021, 10:46 am EDT
Elon Musk is making Dogecoin (CCC:DOGE-USD) an offer it can’t refuse. Musk is making it very clear that he wants to be the face of the Dogecoin revolution. And as long as he keeps boosting up the coin’s price, DOGE investors are all for it. With his newest tweet, the eccentric billionaire has taken another step closer to his goal of DOGE mascot-dominance. The aftermath is a 10-cent boost in DOGE value and a host of bullish Dogecoin price predictions.

A close-up shot of a Dogecoin (DOGE) concept token.
Source: Shutterstock
Just 23 characters is all it takes for Elon Musk to drive the crypto world crazy. A five-word promotional tweet for his coming SNL episode ended up setting the DOGE rocket off:

It took 14 minutes for the tweet to boost up DOGE by 4 cents. The coin is currently up over 14% on the day, trading at 31 cents.

Dogecoin Price Predictions Swell After Musk Tweet

The newly minted Don Vito of DOGE must’ve gotten tired of seeing the crypto hovering around the quarter mark. Every Elon Musk Dogecoin tweet is placed with precision; seemingly so casual. The entrepreneur can guide the trajectory of the crypto at-will. Investors love it. What’s not to love when you can simply hold on and watch an eccentric billionaire boost your portfolio, a couple words at a time? And with all the other celebrity endorsement, there’s no reason not to be feeling bullish on DOGE today. Mark Cuban showed up at The Ellen DeGeneres Show just yesterday to sing the DOGE gospel.

Through all of the Dogecoin praise, crypto analysts are really optimistic about DOGE’s 2021 outlook. Dogecoin price predictions are all pointing toward gains, and some even think the coin could hit the $1 mark this year. Coinpedia, as well as Capital.com, are both signaling a $1 DOGE target by December. The Economy Forecast Agency has gone even more bullish, predicting a $1.15 price by the end of the year. In 12 months, WalletInvestor thinks we could even be looking at a price of nearly $2.

On the date of publication, Brenden Rearick did not have (either directly or indirectly) any positions in the securities mentioned in this article.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
E
Legend
Legend
E
Dogecoin is feeling a bit like Gamestop to me. Lots of hype. Get in at the right time, or stay out of it.

I wish I would have gotten in on it when it was pennies.

It won't go too high because it has no cap.

But hey, buy enough of it when it's cheap and that doesn't matter.

Musk probably bought a crap ton and then drove it up with his celebrity comments.

He is probably talking to his rich friends "Want to see me make another billion while doing nothing? Hold my beer."

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1861755 05/01/21 04:57 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Musk probably bought a crap ton and then drove it up with his celebrity comments.

He is probably talking to his rich friends "Want to see me make another billion while doing nothing? Hold my beer."

Probably more like hold my Dom, but I get it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I bought some at .06, sold at .4 and bought back in at .25. Didn't buy a lot but have made some money on it. Got a sell order at .45 and .3.

There is another crypto thread on here somewhere that has talk about more coins.

I currently have Bitcoin, XRP, Doge, and Litecoin. Wish I would have bought Bitcoin Cash on the dip to the 700's.

And I agree, Doge is like GME. Made a few bucks on it too.

Last edited by columbusdawg; 05/01/21 07:58 AM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Had Doge at .05 and .09 and sold it yesterday just under .4. Will buy back in if it goes back down into the .22-.24 range. I think there is money to be made if you can time this roller coaster ride up and down within that range. Maybe one day it will blow past .4 and get to a dollar like some predict... who knows.

I have Litecoin and Ethereum.. then a smattering of a couple others just because.. well, who knows. The Ethereum has been doing really well lately and is a lot more stable than betting on Doge or some of the others.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Doge is a joke. I can't put my money behind that. I've invested in others that actually have substance.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am a dinosaur. I don't understand that stuff and frankly, I have mine and don't seek speculative or even long term growth options.

I invested in some tech stock, but mostly in things I could see and feel, like McDonalds, Exxon, Wal-mart, gold coins in safe.

If I was younger I would probably get educated and involved. Just a cautionary note as I have seen mention of this in this thread: If you are trying to time things, you are in a bad investment. Take your money down to the race track. At least there you have some fun losing your ass.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
i have a little doge, but i have not bought any more. ive been funneling money into other cryptos tho

M
Legend
Legend
M
I have doge. I have other crypto as well. Crypto isn't going anywhere, IMO. Just have to determine which is of value and which is just along for the ride until the bubble bursts.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I have doge. I have other crypto as well. Crypto isn't going anywhere, IMO. Just have to determine which is of value and which is just along for the ride until the bubble bursts.

I throw a little in my wallet every week, and just monitor the dips.

I think I am invested in 8 different coins at this point. Most of my holdings are Bitcoin and Ethereum, but I have also thrown some into the smaller coins (VET, ADA, VTHO)

its fun to watch. I still value traditional assets a little more, but you are definitely right that crypto is here to stay.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
XRP/Ripple... it’s how money will be moved by the banking system in the near future. Many world banks are already implementing it. It’s cheaper, uses less energy, and is far faster than the current method, Swift, or other coins such as BTC, ETH, or LTC. Cross border payments /money transfers in 4 seconds. Banks like the speed and low cost.
The ability for remittance payments to be made so fast and cheap will draw users too. As an example a migrant worker in the US might send significant parts of their paycheck home to their family in Mexico. Every year millions of dollars are sent like this using old methods like Western Union. The fees for WU are crazy high and it can take days for your money to make it to your family. XRP can move that same money in 4 seconds for pennies on the dollar.
Do your own research but I’m telling you, get in. I’ve been buying since it was $0.28. It’s holding around $1.60 now... it won’t for long.
The SEC is losing its case against Ripple Labs. It’s just a matter of time. (Even if they don’t, which they will, it won’t matter as it’s being implemented by so many other banks around the world. Especially Asia where there’s a lot of remittance money being moved and cross border payments. The SEC can’t stop the world.) Once it gets relisted on Coinbase I look for it to take off again big. Currently I buy on Uphold. There’s other platforms that’ll let you grab it too.

[Linked Image]
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
I have no idea what to do so I guess I'm going to keep riding the train. I have something around 10K shares at the moment. Looks like its up today and I just saw this. Interesting.

MLB Sells First Tickets Via Dogecoin: Oakland A's Offering 2-Pack Tickets For 100 DOGE

by
Chris Katje
May 3, 2021 5:36 pm

MLB Sells First Tickets Via Dogecoin: Oakland A's Offering 2-Pack Tickets For 100 DOGE
The first Major League Baseball team to complete a transaction using meme cryptocurrency Dogecoin (CRYPTO:DOGE) occurred Monday.

What Happened: The Oakland Athletics President Dave Kaval said that the first two tickets had been purchased using Dogecoin for Monday’s game.

The Athletics are offering a Dogecoin-themed special where fans can buy two plaza infield tickets for a game May 3 through May 6 for 100 Dogecoin.

After filling out a form, fans will be contacted by a ticket rep to complete the transaction through BitPay and deliver the tickets through the MLB Ballpark App.

Related Link: How To Buy Dogecoin

Why It’s Important: The sale by the Athletics follows the success the Dallas Mavericks have had in selling merchandise and tickets using Dogecoin. Owner Mark Cuban reported the Mavericks had merchandise sales of $122,000 from Dogecoin as of April 16, including a 550% increase from the month of March to April.

The Athletics offered a Bitcoin promotion at the start of the season offering fans the chance to buy a full season suite package for one Bitcoin ($56,155 at the time) versus paying $64,800 in USD.

Price Action: Dogecoin trades at $0.4330 at the time of writing, nearing its all-time high of $0.4377 set earlier this month.

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptoc...ts-for-100-doge

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Budweiser getting in on the action! Doge intensifies!

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am a dinosaur. I don't understand that stuff and frankly, I have mine and don't seek speculative or even long term growth options.

I invested in some tech stock, but mostly in things I could see and feel, like McDonalds, Exxon, Wal-mart, gold coins in safe.

If I was younger I would probably get educated and involved. Just a cautionary note as I have seen mention of this in this thread: If you are trying to time things, you are in a bad investment. Take your money down to the race track. At least there you have some fun losing your ass.

I don't think I'm that old but haven't been able to get into crypto... I just don't fully understand it...

I mainly invest in stocks, index funds, and recently real estate... I need to invest in gold/silver but just haven't pulled that trigger yet...

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1862579 05/04/21 08:12 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you got in early and got out recently, you love Doge.

Some people are going to get in late, stay too long and lose money.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1863213 05/07/21 08:17 PM
Legend
Legend
It's supposed to be like 10 times worse on the environment than virtually any other computing endeavor.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Like Dogecoin, is anyone invested in social media-hyped SafeMoon crypto? This seems like the next popular crypto and has been promoted quite a bit but more laborious to purchase.

Currently at .000008 ish.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Buy a billion of them! It'd be fun to say you own a billion of something.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I bought 2million Shiba for $29 yesterday. I’m up 140% or so overnight… a whopping $62. At $0.00003 per coin I bought it on a lark. It’s fun to say I own 2 million coins. If I lose my $29 no harm no foul. If it hits $0.50 I’m a millionaire. So… it’s my only real ‘gamble’ in my crypto wallet. Most of my other holdings are legit coins with proven use backing them.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have 10.6M so I'm getting there.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Where are you buying SafeMoon? It’s not on my three platforms… Coinbase, Uphold, Crypto.com.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
You have to go through several hoops. Through the Trust Wallet, I needed to go through a swap with BNB to convert.

The Safemoon site has a video to illustrate how.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I'm new to the game... was about to buy Doge when Musk mentioned it the first time. Went to my brokerage account and couldn't find it -- it was only then that I learned crypto was traded on a different platform.

Any recommendations for a novice just getting started?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1863468 05/10/21 11:10 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I'd like to just create my own cryptocurrency and pay a team to market the hell out of it.

RocketMoon!

FATE #1863470 05/10/21 11:21 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: FATE
I'm new to the game... was about to buy Doge when Musk mentioned it the first time. Went to my brokerage account and couldn't find it -- it was only then that I learned crypto was traded on a different platform.

Coinbase is the most widely used. That said it’s limited in what you can buy. I use three different apps to give me access to the coins I want.
PM me if you’re interested in opening a Coinbase account. I’ll send you a referral link and we’ll both get some free coins.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Coinbase is the most widely used. That said it’s limited in what you can buy. I use three different apps to give me access to the coins I want.
PM me if you’re interested in opening a Coinbase account. I’ll send you a referral link and we’ll both get some free coins.

I’m also a novice, got $100 just laying around to make millions, lol.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I use Binance for mine. But I probably will be opening another as Binance doesn't have every coin i want.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Portland,
what did you use to buy Shib?

I have a trustwallet account and now can pretty easy buy BNB but I couldn't use trustwallet for Shib. So I checked out how to buy and purchased some ETH a couple days ago and tried to buy Shib and the network fees were insanely high to purchase with ETH on Uniswap so I am holding onto the ETH for right now.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Crypto.com
Once you sign up you have a 30 window of no fees. PM me if you want a referral link.
With the link you can get $25 free CRO coin… if you buy about $400 worth of CRO and stake it… so it may or may not be worth it for you if you don’t have the cash to do so.

[Linked Image]
FATE #1863823 05/12/21 01:02 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

I am a novice also and it doesn't play well for someone in their 50's who has had online accounts or a friend who is a broker who you would just call in the old days. It helps that my daughter is going to be a college senior majoring in Computer system engineering and cyber security!

My kids keep saying look for the ones that can be Meme'd real easy. I keep telling them that its better to find the ones with low fees that you can get 1 million coins for every 15-20 bucks.

It doesn't take a lot of money to get started but you do need to invest some time in looking at youtube videos or "how to's" on the internet. I am still going through videos on how to sell and move money out of my account if I need to move fast.

If you want to buy Safemoon, it is not the same process on how to purchase as Shiba-

and like you, when I first heard about Doge going up during the holidays, we tried to find it on our TD stock account and couldn't find it anywhere-so we just bought something else

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I signed up for a crypto account a few days ago. I just checked my e-mail and it is waiting for me to verify my pic ID and then the account would be set. It already verified my e-mail so I don't know if i can back out and give you a referral but if you want to pm the link-go ahead

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’d argue with your kids to look for coins that have proven usage.
XRP is working with banks all over the world to become the way they move money across borders. They just hired an ex US Treasurer to their board. It’s a solid investment.
XLM and Algo work along the same lines. Algo will also give you 6% on your holdings. No staking needed.
VET has usage similar to RFD tags. Only the VET tags can be added to merchandise and be tracked along a blockchain. Keeping a secure ledger. Something RFD doesn’t do.

The Shiba’s of the world should only be small gambles within a bigger crypto wallet filled with usage backed coins.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Big correction happening. Good time to buy.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yep. Taking a beating this week.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I have 10.6M so I'm getting there.

31M.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
HODL

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
And as a deflationary coin, when people sell, I get a portion of their coins while the other coins burn.

Supply is always going down.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... DogeCoin Mania

Link Copied to Clipboard