DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 03:18 PM
I have a guy coming over to plow out my drive. The end is in horrible shape, as it has been plowed shut a couple of times, and it was just a frozen mess. I went out to try and break up this mess, because my plow truck guy wasn't sure he could get through it. I took out a landscape tool, to try to chop up the mess. My back stopped me about 5 minutes into it, and I was standing there leaning up against the tool I was using. About 2 minutes later, a Mahoning County plow truck came down my street. He plowed a lot of the snow/ice mess out of my driveway. Wow. I never heard of any county plow trucks doing this before. All I know is that I owe him a thank you, because he really helped a lot!
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 03:31 PM
It's always good to hear that kind people still exist, despite what we're often told otherwise. Thanks for sharing. Take care of that back, my friend.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 04:14 PM
There are a lot of good people in this world. A lot of good young people in this world. We just rarely hear about the positive because so many are focused on the negative. Glad you got the help.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 07:41 PM
Good! I have helped out neighbors, and neighbors have helped me/us out. Those are neighbors, though. Good on the plow driver for going above and beyond.
Posted By: FATE Re: Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 07:54 PM
That's awesome. I've seen a lot of that as of late. There's a facebook group for our community and numerous plow drivers offered free services beginning the night before the latest storm. A bunch of kids offered dirt-cheap shoveling services. It led to a groundswell of people pointing out elderly properties and banding together to help remove the snow.

And dude -- don't wreck your back! My son lives in YTown, I'll send him over with a shovel, just holla!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Sometimes people just help - 01/26/22 08:02 PM
My mechanic is the one why plows my driveway, and is a really good mechanic. He charges about 1/2 to 1/3 what other shops serve. I have been going to him for probably 10+ years. He also pushes snow when it gets bad. He has a ton of clients, as he only charges $25 to clear a driveway.

I was really thankful when that truck stopped and signaled me to move back. I think I heard my back break out in applause. lol
© DawgTalkers.net