Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1921913 01/26/22 11:18 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I have a guy coming over to plow out my drive. The end is in horrible shape, as it has been plowed shut a couple of times, and it was just a frozen mess. I went out to try and break up this mess, because my plow truck guy wasn't sure he could get through it. I took out a landscape tool, to try to chop up the mess. My back stopped me about 5 minutes into it, and I was standing there leaning up against the tool I was using. About 2 minutes later, a Mahoning County plow truck came down my street. He plowed a lot of the snow/ice mess out of my driveway. Wow. I never heard of any county plow trucks doing this before. All I know is that I owe him a thank you, because he really helped a lot!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
2 members like this: clwb419, PitDAWG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's always good to hear that kind people still exist, despite what we're often told otherwise. Thanks for sharing. Take care of that back, my friend.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are a lot of good people in this world. A lot of good young people in this world. We just rarely hear about the positive because so many are focused on the negative. Glad you got the help.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Good! I have helped out neighbors, and neighbors have helped me/us out. Those are neighbors, though. Good on the plow driver for going above and beyond.

Legend
Legend
That's awesome. I've seen a lot of that as of late. There's a facebook group for our community and numerous plow drivers offered free services beginning the night before the latest storm. A bunch of kids offered dirt-cheap shoveling services. It led to a groundswell of people pointing out elderly properties and banding together to help remove the snow.

And dude -- don't wreck your back! My son lives in YTown, I'll send him over with a shovel, just holla!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My mechanic is the one why plows my driveway, and is a really good mechanic. He charges about 1/2 to 1/3 what other shops serve. I have been going to him for probably 10+ years. He also pushes snow when it gets bad. He has a ton of clients, as he only charges $25 to clear a driveway.

I was really thankful when that truck stopped and signaled me to move back. I think I heard my back break out in applause. lol

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: FATE
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Sometimes people just help

Link Copied to Clipboard