DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: THROW LONG Can any of you not remember before age - 11/19/22 09:59 PM
I read some people do not have memories from age az late az seven , can that be true?

While 90% of everything I remember iz from the inside it can't be not before age 7.
Posted By: FATE Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/19/22 10:34 PM
I lost both parents at a very young age. Have a few memories of my dad (died when I was three) and quite a few of my mom (died when I was six).

I always thought the memory of my dad holding me high above his head in a pool was just my imagination. In my thirties, I was handed a long-lost photo album I had never seen... there was a photo of what was etched in my memory.

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.
I can remember being is a store that had to be when I was no older then 5. IT also couldn't have been told to me because the situation I remember no one else was aware of. I don't remember a lot from that age, but definitely was about 5 years old
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 01:27 AM
I have a lot of early memories going back to the age of two.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 01:57 AM
Same here. When I was around three, maybe four, I got halfway through War and Peace before I told my parents the book was a colossal bore.
Quick story:

we all have a “first” memory (or one that we’d assume to be closest to that as possible). Mine is very vivid:

it was REALLY snowing hard and it was my birthday. I just remember that my mom had to go somewhere and I was with my dad. We were watching the Browns vs oilers and I was in my crib. He was decorating the christmas tree to surprise my mom.

If you actually pinpoint the date: it was the game where Webster Slaughter had the TD in the snow to win the game. I have that famous photo signed by him and Reggie Langhorne (the one of them high fiving in the snow) and it’s hanging in my living room
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 03:27 PM
I have various memories of living in Toledo. We moved from there to Detroit before moving to Cleveland. We moved to Detroit by the time I was 4 and can remember the Humpty Dumpty mobile that hung above the crib.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 04:02 PM
j/c -

When I was four growing up in Oberlin, I remember going to the fireworks out at the reservoir. My mom bought me a bomb pop. There were blue and gold lights in the sky when the display first started. I got away from my mom and wandered to the far side of the reservoir near the woods. A random dog chased me, wanting my bomb pop I think, nipped at my left ankle and I fell in the water. A neighbor helped me up to the grass. I'm pretty sure I cried a little bit. There were red and green fireworks in the sky when I got back to the grass. I lost my bomb pop in the water.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 04:27 PM
Remembering certain moments or memories in time as young as the age of three is something I have no problem doing. But they are of certain events and occasions. I can remember portions of my third birthday. The day JFK was assassinated. The floor plan of the house where I lived until the age of four. Those are just some examples of things I remember from a very early age. Other things I was told about happening by my parents I have no memory of.
I have a handful of early memories between like 4-7. But tbh, not 100% sure they are all memories vs. mental creations from hearing stories about me when I was young or seeing myself in pics along the stories. The human mind is an enigma.
I have probably I'd guess 4 thousand memories before age 4 or five, but I @ueztion if anybody, had no memoriez before age seven or even age five.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/20/22 10:35 PM
When I was a kid, we moved to a subdivision in Westlake Ohio. A lot of Browns players lived in my neighborhood. So apparently Bob Golic (wife) was my (and siblings) baby sitter. I vaguely remember it. But I wasn't a Browns fan then. So I didn't care about this until I was older.
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I have a handful of early memories between like 4-7. But tbh, not 100% sure they are all memories vs. mental creations from hearing stories about me when I was young or seeing myself in pics along the stories. The human mind is an enigma.

This.

I also believe many of the "memories" I have of my very early childhood are from photo's I'd seen time and time again growing up, stories told of events, etc. Because when I try to think really hard, I cannot recall anything beyond those still shots in my head.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Can any of you not remember before age - 11/24/22 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

This.

I also believe many of the "memories" I have of my very early childhood are from photo's I'd seen time and time again growing up, stories told of events, etc. Because when I try to think really hard, I cannot recall anything beyond those still shots in my head.

I am sure there is some of that, but I recall many different things from the time of 3 and under. I know that because of the events and the apartment we lived in, which I can recall in detail, and know when we lived there.

I just think it is because infants develop at different rates, and some possibly are born "older" than others. Some develop awareness earlier than others. I am not saying that means anything or doesn't equal out at some point.

Just the way it is.
© DawgTalkers.net