Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I read some people do not have memories from age az late az seven , can that be true?

While 90% of everything I remember iz from the inside it can't be not before age 7.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I lost both parents at a very young age. Have a few memories of my dad (died when I was three) and quite a few of my mom (died when I was six).

I always thought the memory of my dad holding me high above his head in a pool was just my imagination. In my thirties, I was handed a long-lost photo album I had never seen... there was a photo of what was etched in my memory.

I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I can remember being is a store that had to be when I was no older then 5. IT also couldn't have been told to me because the situation I remember no one else was aware of. I don't remember a lot from that age, but definitely was about 5 years old

Legend
Legend
I have a lot of early memories going back to the age of two.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Same here. When I was around three, maybe four, I got halfway through War and Peace before I told my parents the book was a colossal bore.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quick story:

we all have a “first” memory (or one that we’d assume to be closest to that as possible). Mine is very vivid:

it was REALLY snowing hard and it was my birthday. I just remember that my mom had to go somewhere and I was with my dad. We were watching the Browns vs oilers and I was in my crib. He was decorating the christmas tree to surprise my mom.

If you actually pinpoint the date: it was the game where Webster Slaughter had the TD in the snow to win the game. I have that famous photo signed by him and Reggie Langhorne (the one of them high fiving in the snow) and it’s hanging in my living room

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
I have various memories of living in Toledo. We moved from there to Detroit before moving to Cleveland. We moved to Detroit by the time I was 4 and can remember the Humpty Dumpty mobile that hung above the crib.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
j/c -

When I was four growing up in Oberlin, I remember going to the fireworks out at the reservoir. My mom bought me a bomb pop. There were blue and gold lights in the sky when the display first started. I got away from my mom and wandered to the far side of the reservoir near the woods. A random dog chased me, wanting my bomb pop I think, nipped at my left ankle and I fell in the water. A neighbor helped me up to the grass. I'm pretty sure I cried a little bit. There were red and green fireworks in the sky when I got back to the grass. I lost my bomb pop in the water.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Remembering certain moments or memories in time as young as the age of three is something I have no problem doing. But they are of certain events and occasions. I can remember portions of my third birthday. The day JFK was assassinated. The floor plan of the house where I lived until the age of four. Those are just some examples of things I remember from a very early age. Other things I was told about happening by my parents I have no memory of.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have a handful of early memories between like 4-7. But tbh, not 100% sure they are all memories vs. mental creations from hearing stories about me when I was young or seeing myself in pics along the stories. The human mind is an enigma.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/20/22 01:00 PM.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I have probably I'd guess 4 thousand memories before age 4 or five, but I @ueztion if anybody, had no memoriez before age seven or even age five.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
When I was a kid, we moved to a subdivision in Westlake Ohio. A lot of Browns players lived in my neighborhood. So apparently Bob Golic (wife) was my (and siblings) baby sitter. I vaguely remember it. But I wasn't a Browns fan then. So I didn't care about this until I was older.

No Craps Given
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I have a handful of early memories between like 4-7. But tbh, not 100% sure they are all memories vs. mental creations from hearing stories about me when I was young or seeing myself in pics along the stories. The human mind is an enigma.

This.

I also believe many of the "memories" I have of my very early childhood are from photo's I'd seen time and time again growing up, stories told of events, etc. Because when I try to think really hard, I cannot recall anything beyond those still shots in my head.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

This.

I also believe many of the "memories" I have of my very early childhood are from photo's I'd seen time and time again growing up, stories told of events, etc. Because when I try to think really hard, I cannot recall anything beyond those still shots in my head.

I am sure there is some of that, but I recall many different things from the time of 3 and under. I know that because of the events and the apartment we lived in, which I can recall in detail, and know when we lived there.

I just think it is because infants develop at different rates, and some possibly are born "older" than others. Some develop awareness earlier than others. I am not saying that means anything or doesn't equal out at some point.

Just the way it is.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Can any of you not remember before age

Link Copied to Clipboard