DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Damanshot I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 03:55 PM
What I mean by that is if we win this game, Pittsburgh gets in the playoffs.. If we lose, it's likely Pittsburgh is booted from the playoffs.. (I'm pretty sure they'll defeat the Bengals)

The "not really" part is, who cares, JUST WIN...

I'd like an 8-7-1 record.... I'd like that a lot..

We beat the Ravens last time, but they aren't the same team as they are now.. then again, neither are we so this should be a fun game to watch...
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 04:03 PM
The team has to win..Winning is going to change the losing mindset..Win..go into the off season as winners..Start off next season winning and don't look back...

The thought of losing to choose what team gets in...the thought of losing for a better draft pick...it has to stop !! this team has lost enough...it's time to control their own destiny by WINNING...

I will NEVER want this team to lose again for any reason ...NONE !
If I would be forced to choose, I would rather see Pittsburgh in and Baltimore sitting at home sulking after we knock them out of playoff contention. I dislike Pittsburgh... but hate the Ravens.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: OhioStateBrowns
If I would be forced to choose, I would rather see Pittsburgh in and Baltimore sitting at home sulking after we knock them out of playoff contention. I dislike Pittsburgh... but hate the Ravens.

This.
Whether we win or lose, a division rival is going to the playoffs and we're not.

Our choice is simple: we get to win a game and knock one of them out of the playoffs. Period.

To me, it's just a bonus that it just happens to be the bastards that stole our team and kicked off our two decades of misery.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 04:45 PM
I want the win. Period.

My fear is the Stiller’s are a real contender. If they get in I believe they can make a legit run at the Lombardi. Where as I don’t think the Ravens are nearly as complete a team. I think they’d get knocked out in the first round.

Again I want a win... If we lose, I know the playoffs will be less stressful to watch with the Stiller’s not in them. As watching them succeed makes me sick to my stomach. Bloated rapey QB and coat tail riding coach. Yuck.

Ultimately. Go Browns AND go Bengals!
Best of both worlds.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 05:49 PM
Curious: What would the playoff result be if we tied?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 06:37 PM
I want the win, but don't expect it. I'm good either way.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 06:40 PM
GO BROWNS

(and bengals smile )
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 08:12 PM
WIN!
If the The Pitts get in, it is our win, so we kinda took care of business that they didna. And I prefer to win. As often as possible. Not torn at all. I will root for any team plays them and can hurt their standings. I expect them to win handily. But it doesn't matter as much as we do.

And we have a bead on them for next year already. We have surpassed all my expectations for this year already. Let it fly! Ball out! Make it a highlight reel game. Play like pros.
Posted By: FATE Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

If we tie and Pittsburgh wins... Pittsburgh and Baltimore finish at @ 9-6-1... Pitt wins the division based on a better division record as they split head to head. We would finish in 3rd place at .500 (7-7-2)

If the Steelers lose, Baltimore wins the division regardless of our game's outcome.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 11:34 PM
I hate the Steelers 10000x more than than I hate the Ravens.

However, I still want to win.

I'm also a fan of Lamar Jackson, so if the Ravens get it I'd like to see what Lamar Jackson does in the playoffs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 11:41 PM
Root for your team to win. This isn’t hard.
Posted By: MileHighBrown Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/26/18 11:42 PM

This exactly. I've always hated Pittsburgh and always will. But I absolutely despise Baltimore. I will never forgive them taking our team and then winning the Superbowl a few years later. That should have been OUR Superbowl. They could go 10 years without winning a game and in the next game I would be hoping they lose 100-0.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 12:11 AM
I am rooting for us to win. The End.

If we lose, well, Ravens fans are not as obnoxious as Steeler fans.
And, if we win, Oh Hey another division rival swept!! Sounds good to me.
Posted By: FATE Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 12:25 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I am rooting for us to win. The End.

If we lose, well, Ravens fans are not as obnoxious as Steeler fans.
And, if we win, Oh Hey another division rival swept!! Sounds good to me.

Right?

As much as I hate the Steelers (much more than the Ravens as I live pretty close to the PA line), a loss still wouldn't really be that much of a loss.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

This.
Whether we win or lose, a division rival is going to the playoffs and we're not.

Our choice is simple: we get to win a game and knock one of them out of the playoffs. Period.

To me, it's just a bonus that it just happens to be the bastards that stole our team and kicked off our two decades of misery.

Pretty much how I feel. I hope Pitt destroys cinci and hope we kick baltimore's ass.

I don't like the Steelers, although if they played the patriots in the post-season I might just root for Pitt - but I HATE the Ravens, and I shouldn't need to explain why.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

This.

Pretty much how I feel. I hope Pitt destroys cinci and hope we kick baltimore's ass.

I don't like the Steelers, although if they played the patriots in the post-season I might just root for Pitt - but I HATE the Ravens, and I shouldn't need to explain why.

Thank you. I'm very frustrated about this season that it comes down to this game. Just remember the Steelers were one of the two teams who voted against the move.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 02:06 AM
Thats true. I remember reading a story that the Steelers protested the Browns move to Baltimore by wearing black arm bands. Props for that.
Posted By: myka Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 02:10 AM
Originally Posted By: FATE

If we tie and Pittsburgh wins... Pittsburgh and Baltimore finish at @ 9-6-1... Pitt wins the division based on a better division record as they split head to head. We would finish in 3rd place at .500 (7-7-2)

If the Steelers lose, Baltimore wins the division regardless of our game's outcome.

Oh lordy. We better not tie. That would be the most depressing ending to the season possible at this point.
Posted By: jfanent Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 02:56 AM
I hope we trounce whoever we play, and that goes double for division rivals. And I hope Baker stares down Hue every time we play him, and that more interesting story lines develop with these teams. Next season is going to be so much fun.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 03:39 AM
I have always said that 8 and 8 is the stepping stone to greatness.

We are there and win or lose the next decade is ours.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 05:53 AM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I have always said that 8 and 8 is the stepping stone to greatness.

We are there and win or lose the next decade is ours.

For the past 10 years or so, I would have been completely happy if we finished 8-8 every year...and I agree, we are trending for better things.
Posted By: Vambo Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 08:36 AM
Steelers wide receiver changes jerseys in support of Browns

Posted 9:51 pm, December 26, 2018, by Jen Steer, Updated at 10:57PM, December 26, 2018

https://fox8.com/2018/12/26/steelers-wide-receiver-changes-jerseys-in-support-of-browns/

CLEVELAND– Wide receiver Antonio Brown and his Pittsburgh Steelers need help from Cleveland to make the playoffs.

If the Browns beat the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Bengals, then Pittsburgh wins the AFC North.

That’s why the seven-time Pro Bowler added an extra letter to his black and yellow jerseys.

Brown posted the photo to Twitter Wednesday night with the caption, “Who else has their #84 Browns jersey ready for Sunday?”

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 09:43 AM

I don't like whoever we play and never hope for a second we don't win the game.

I couldn't care less who gets in and who doesn't. I just care about beating the team on the other sideline.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 11:38 AM
lol funny move by Brown there ... I hope we win! ... and they lose!
Posted By: cle23 Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 11:57 AM
I want us to win and Pittsburg to lose. I'd rather Baltimore get in because I'm confident that Jackson isn't leading them to a Super Bowl win.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 12:11 PM
I hope we beat the Ravens. That franchise was in Cleveland and left for another city, thus they are the team that I despise the most.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 12:36 PM
I admire the Raven's coach and enjoy the way they play the game.
The Stealers are the best run org.in the NFL.
Having said that,a win for the Browns would make one hell of statement.And just maybe,Marvin and Hue can pull that team of out of the grave for one last hoorah.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 12:43 PM
I think the steelers will do more than enough to give Huey and Lewis the blues.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 01:10 PM
And that would not be news.
I want to win. Never can I root to lose (unless its for Zion smile )

Not in football though.

I will say, its a win/win game for us. If we win we boot the Ratbirds, if we lose then armpittsburgh gets booted.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 02:30 PM
Just Win and have a winning season, what Browns fan wouldn't want that? superconfused
Posted By: devicedawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 03:10 PM
Easy solution to all this...

Browns win. Steelers tie w/Bengals.

That's what we should all be rooting for...

It would be the first time a team without the most wins would win a division. Who wouldn't want to see this? Steelers back up into the playoffs, Ravens cry because they won more games and didn't win the division.
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Easy solution to all this...

Browns win. Steelers tie w/Bengals.

That's what we should all be rooting for...

It would be the first time a team without the most wins would win a division. Who wouldn't want to see this? Steelers back up into the playoffs, Ravens cry because they won more games and didn't win the division.
Or we win and steelers lose. smile

They have a tendency to lose to sub par teams.
Posted By: eotab Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 04:46 PM
No exactly what you mean...dislike bot teams Steelers and Ravens both more than any other team. But HATE Ravens for who they stand for as Ex Brown team stolen from us.

So although I hate the fact that our win is the best thing to happen for the Steelers but the good news is its the worst thing to happen to the Ravens plus a winning season for us. Out of nothing...6-2 from the new guys. Hopefully insuring them at least one more year of continuity.

All back in their same capacity!

So out of the two Evils, Ravens getting bounced out of the playoffs in THEIR HOUSE...would be a lovely thing!

jmho
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Steelers wide receiver changes jerseys in support of Browns

Posted 9:51 pm, December 26, 2018, by Jen Steer, Updated at 10:57PM, December 26, 2018

https://fox8.com/2018/12/26/steelers-wide-receiver-changes-jerseys-in-support-of-browns/

CLEVELAND– Wide receiver Antonio Brown and his Pittsburgh Steelers need help from Cleveland to make the playoffs.

If the Browns beat the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Bengals, then Pittsburgh wins the AFC North.

That’s why the seven-time Pro Bowler added an extra letter to his black and yellow jerseys.

Brown posted the photo to Twitter Wednesday night with the caption, “Who else has their #84 Browns jersey ready for Sunday?”

Love it! Go Steelers and Go Browns. Keep the Ravens out of the playoffs
Posted By: Haus Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 10:23 PM
We're going to try to win the game, but don't push it Antonio.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 10:36 PM
Thats true. I remember reading a story that the Steelers protested the Browns move to Baltimore by wearing black arm bands. Props for that.

Pitt and Bills voted against the move, yes.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I hope we beat the Ravens. That franchise was in Cleveland and left for another city, thus they are the team that I despise the most.

I understand that. I am over that, plus, it's not like the city of Cleveland leaders didn't screw the pooch.

It took our teams moving to get them activated to building a new stadium. Seriously, that place was a dump in the late 60's, early 70's.

The dawg pound was popular because they were the only seats close to the field. If you had 40-50 yard line seats, you were 50-60 yards off the field. The further from the 50, the closer you got, but it is hard to sell seats on the 10 for more than the 50.

Just saying
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 11:44 PM
Quote:
Just remember the Steelers were one of the two teams who voted against the move.

I'll never forget what Mr Rooney did for the team the city and the fans..He also fought that the Browns should keep the colors... thumbsup
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/27/18 11:52 PM
Actually, the stadium issue was on the ballot, and Modell tried with everything he could to try and sabotage it ..... eventually announcing the move to Baltimore, and telling people that they might as well not vote for it.

Now there was speculation that the sin tax wasn't going to pass .....but Modell couldn't take the chance that it would.

I was kind of glad that Modell, who moved the team "so it could stay in his family for generations", lost the team a few years later anyway. I thought that was appropriate.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 12:09 AM
It also might have been the only way to free CLE from Modell. At his exit interview, Paul Brown told Art, "This team will never win another championship."

People call it the 'Paul Brown curse,' but I've always sen it differently. I think Brown had taken the measure of Modell, and found him wanting. His statement was prophetic because he knew what it took to win.

If this team becomes an NFL champion, it will be without the Modell smell and Lerner's dysfunction. And that would actually be pretty cool.

Posted By: Tulsa Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 12:36 AM
The Mayflower got us across the ocean to the promise land, the Mayfield.
Posted By: Dave Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 12:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
It also might have been the only way to free CLE from Modell. At his exit interview, Paul Brown told Art, "This team will never win another championship."

People call it the 'Paul Brown curse,' but I've always sen it differently. I think Brown had taken the measure of Modell, and found him wanting. His statement was prophetic because he knew what it took to win.

If this team becomes an NFL champion, it will be without the Modell smell and Lerner's dysfunction. And that would actually be pretty cool.

Not to quibble, but Paul Brown was fired in January 1963 - during a newspaper strike - and Paul's top assistant, Blanton Collier, led the Browns to the NFL championship in 1964. Yes, it was still mostly Paul Brown's team, but they were champions almost 2 years after he was fired.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 01:47 AM
From my office today

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 01:50 AM
You are absolutely correct.

Blanton coached Paul's team to a championship shortly thereafter... and then- nothing.
Posted By: Haus Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 02:01 AM
Nice view and great picture.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 02:15 AM
That looks like last seasons... last home game.... brownie
Posted By: lampdogg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 02:20 AM
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
From my office today

What's that thing on fire at bottom right of the photo?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 02:25 AM
Quote:

left over things found in Hue Jackson's office...like the play book..pics of him driving the bus...his contract papers and a pic of him hugging AJ McCarron...
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Quote:

left over things found in Hue Jackson's office...like the play book..pics of him driving the bus...his contract papers and a pic of him hugging AJ McCarron...

I have absolutely no idea. Didn't even notice until you pointed it out
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 03:40 AM
Mom, a lot of these guys aren't like you. They take each opportunity to make fun of others rather than just looking at things as they are. Don't let them confuse you.
Posted By: cle23 Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 05:13 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
From my office today

Posted By: EveDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 05:16 AM
Whats the point of that? I dont understand how it is relevant to the Browns.

"The Cuyahoga is on fire?"

or

"Baker Mayfield is going scorched earth on our opponents"
Posted By: cle23 Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 05:18 AM
Whats the point of that? I dont understand how it is relevant to the Browns.

It's not. It's a firefighters memorial. I don't believe it's on stadium ground either.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/28/18 05:37 AM
I'm pretty sure it's city property.
It's near the East entrance between the stadium and the R&R HOF.

Thing's probably 20 ft tall. When you stand near it to look at the fire fighters head-on, it feels like the flames loom over you.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 01:24 AM
I want to beat the Ravens and spoil their chances, and then I want all the disgusting steeler fans I live with daily to understand that the Browns are the only reason they are in the playoffs.

Plus, IMO, the steelers are one and done in the playoffs. They no longer play as a team, they are just a bunch of individual "me" players.

It would be very satisfying if the Bengals somehow eek out a win.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it's city property.
It's near the East entrance between the stadium and the R&R HOF.

Thing's probably 20 ft tall. When you stand near it to look at the fire fighters head-on, it feels like the flames loom over you.

I need to check this out at lunchtime. Thank you so much.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 01:35 AM
Mom, a lot of these guys aren't like you. They take each opportunity to make fun of others rather than just looking at things as they are. Don't let them confuse you.

I learned something interesting to check out at lunchtime. Never knew this existed.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 01:39 AM
Dawg, I get that S'ville is only 45 minutes from P'brugh, but damn... there are way too many black & yellow jerseys in that town.

Years ago, I was smack talking my Pops In-Law. I told him: "You like that team so much, you should drive to their very next game- without using a bridge!" rofl

Next year, an orange & brown sweep should send them all into hiding. Then, watch all the **new** Browns jerseys start popping up.

Last time I heard, Steubenville was still in Ohio. Punx should show some respect, you know?
Posted By: jfanent Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 03:18 AM

uh....she liked that post.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 03:40 AM
Can you give me a night of peace, please?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 11:45 AM
My perfect Sunday. The Browns beat Baltimore, and the Steelers lose to the Bengals LOL
Posted By: Nelson37 Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 02:44 PM
And the count is back to ZERO. Or negative one.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 03:14 PM
GM..,Does that mean we'd get into the playoffs? Lol, j/k.

What would the result be?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 05:13 PM
GM..,Does that mean we'd get into the playoffs? Lol, j/k.

What would the result be?

The Ravens are 1/2 game ahead of the Steelers. If both win, or both lose, then nothing changes.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 07:08 PM
I keep thinking about it but naturally it does no good. If we didn't get robbed in the Oakland game we'd be playing for the AFC north title tomorrow. It really stinks!!!
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/29/18 10:29 PM
Dawg, I get that S'ville is only 45 minutes from P'brugh, but damn... there are way too many black & yellow jerseys in that town.

Years ago, I was smack talking my Pops In-Law. I told him: "You like that team so much, you should drive to their very next game- without using a bridge!" rofl

Next year, an orange & brown sweep should send them all into hiding. Then, watch all the **new** Browns jerseys start popping up.

Last time I heard, Steubenville was still in Ohio. Punx should show some respect, you know?

When I was young, there were just as many if not more Browns fans here. Most of the guys I know are bandwagon fans, many don't even watch the games. They are steeler fans because they know they win a lot. I'm already seeing the Browns gear resurfacing.

What ticks me off the most, is that I am constantly heckled because everyone knows I'm a huge Browns fan. I have wore the colors proudly no matter what. Now these jackwads are all saying how they are glad the Browns are getting better and they hope they beat the Ravens. I tell them to bug off and that we don't need squealer fans rooting for us. I know if the Browns lose, they will be back to their bashing ways.

My hope is that Cinci pulls one out of their rearend and beats them. I will be the loudest guy in the house, LOL. Their fans suck, when they lose they hate them, and then the next week when they win, they are the greatest team ever. I can't wait until Ben retires, and they have to go through the misery of trying to find a franchise guy again. IMO, he carries that bunch of "me first" players.

When they lose to NE every year I have to hear about their 6 superbowls. When I mention the Browns championships they dis me saying that that was 50 years ago, until I remind them that 4 of theirs were 40 years ago.

I dislike the Ravens, but I seriously HATE everything about the steelers and their fans. Obnoxious inbreds.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: I'm somewhat torn, but not really - 12/30/18 01:20 AM
Sounds a lot like the Boston sports fans. I would bet they are as bad as any other fan base. Fair weather and a sense of entitlement just to name 2 traits.
© DawgTalkers.net