Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
What I mean by that is if we win this game, Pittsburgh gets in the playoffs.. If we lose, it's likely Pittsburgh is booted from the playoffs.. (I'm pretty sure they'll defeat the Bengals)

The "not really" part is, who cares, JUST WIN...

I'd like an 8-7-1 record.... I'd like that a lot..

We beat the Ravens last time, but they aren't the same team as they are now.. then again, neither are we so this should be a fun game to watch...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The team has to win..Winning is going to change the losing mindset..Win..go into the off season as winners..Start off next season winning and don't look back...

The thought of losing to choose what team gets in...the thought of losing for a better draft pick...it has to stop !! this team has lost enough...it's time to control their own destiny by WINNING...

I will NEVER want this team to lose again for any reason ...NONE !

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
If I would be forced to choose, I would rather see Pittsburgh in and Baltimore sitting at home sulking after we knock them out of playoff contention. I dislike Pittsburgh... but hate the Ravens.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OhioStateBrowns
If I would be forced to choose, I would rather see Pittsburgh in and Baltimore sitting at home sulking after we knock them out of playoff contention. I dislike Pittsburgh... but hate the Ravens.

This.
Whether we win or lose, a division rival is going to the playoffs and we're not.

Our choice is simple: we get to win a game and knock one of them out of the playoffs. Period.

To me, it's just a bonus that it just happens to be the bastards that stole our team and kicked off our two decades of misery.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I want the win. Period.

My fear is the Stiller’s are a real contender. If they get in I believe they can make a legit run at the Lombardi. Where as I don’t think the Ravens are nearly as complete a team. I think they’d get knocked out in the first round.

Again I want a win... If we lose, I know the playoffs will be less stressful to watch with the Stiller’s not in them. As watching them succeed makes me sick to my stomach. Bloated rapey QB and coat tail riding coach. Yuck.

Ultimately. Go Browns AND go Bengals!
Best of both worlds.

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Curious: What would the playoff result be if we tied?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want the win, but don't expect it. I'm good either way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
GO BROWNS

(and bengals smile )

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
WIN!
If the The Pitts get in, it is our win, so we kinda took care of business that they didna. And I prefer to win. As often as possible. Not torn at all. I will root for any team plays them and can hurt their standings. I expect them to win handily. But it doesn't matter as much as we do.

And we have a bead on them for next year already. We have surpassed all my expectations for this year already. Let it fly! Ball out! Make it a highlight reel game. Play like pros.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

If we tie and Pittsburgh wins... Pittsburgh and Baltimore finish at @ 9-6-1... Pitt wins the division based on a better division record as they split head to head. We would finish in 3rd place at .500 (7-7-2)

If the Steelers lose, Baltimore wins the division regardless of our game's outcome.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I hate the Steelers 10000x more than than I hate the Ravens.

However, I still want to win.

I'm also a fan of Lamar Jackson, so if the Ravens get it I'd like to see what Lamar Jackson does in the playoffs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Root for your team to win. This isn’t hard.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M

This exactly. I've always hated Pittsburgh and always will. But I absolutely despise Baltimore. I will never forgive them taking our team and then winning the Superbowl a few years later. That should have been OUR Superbowl. They could go 10 years without winning a game and in the next game I would be hoping they lose 100-0.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am rooting for us to win. The End.

If we lose, well, Ravens fans are not as obnoxious as Steeler fans.
And, if we win, Oh Hey another division rival swept!! Sounds good to me.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I am rooting for us to win. The End.

If we lose, well, Ravens fans are not as obnoxious as Steeler fans.
And, if we win, Oh Hey another division rival swept!! Sounds good to me.

Right?

As much as I hate the Steelers (much more than the Ravens as I live pretty close to the PA line), a loss still wouldn't really be that much of a loss.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

This.
Whether we win or lose, a division rival is going to the playoffs and we're not.

Our choice is simple: we get to win a game and knock one of them out of the playoffs. Period.

To me, it's just a bonus that it just happens to be the bastards that stole our team and kicked off our two decades of misery.

Pretty much how I feel. I hope Pitt destroys cinci and hope we kick baltimore's ass.

I don't like the Steelers, although if they played the patriots in the post-season I might just root for Pitt - but I HATE the Ravens, and I shouldn't need to explain why.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

This.

Pretty much how I feel. I hope Pitt destroys cinci and hope we kick baltimore's ass.

I don't like the Steelers, although if they played the patriots in the post-season I might just root for Pitt - but I HATE the Ravens, and I shouldn't need to explain why.

Thank you. I'm very frustrated about this season that it comes down to this game. Just remember the Steelers were one of the two teams who voted against the move.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thats true. I remember reading a story that the Steelers protested the Browns move to Baltimore by wearing black arm bands. Props for that.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

If we tie and Pittsburgh wins... Pittsburgh and Baltimore finish at @ 9-6-1... Pitt wins the division based on a better division record as they split head to head. We would finish in 3rd place at .500 (7-7-2)

If the Steelers lose, Baltimore wins the division regardless of our game's outcome.

Oh lordy. We better not tie. That would be the most depressing ending to the season possible at this point.

Legend
Legend
I hope we trounce whoever we play, and that goes double for division rivals. And I hope Baker stares down Hue every time we play him, and that more interesting story lines develop with these teams. Next season is going to be so much fun.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I have always said that 8 and 8 is the stepping stone to greatness.

We are there and win or lose the next decade is ours.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I have always said that 8 and 8 is the stepping stone to greatness.

We are there and win or lose the next decade is ours.

For the past 10 years or so, I would have been completely happy if we finished 8-8 every year...and I agree, we are trending for better things.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Steelers wide receiver changes jerseys in support of Browns

Posted 9:51 pm, December 26, 2018, by Jen Steer, Updated at 10:57PM, December 26, 2018

https://fox8.com/2018/12/26/steelers-wide-receiver-changes-jerseys-in-support-of-browns/

CLEVELAND– Wide receiver Antonio Brown and his Pittsburgh Steelers need help from Cleveland to make the playoffs.

If the Browns beat the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Bengals, then Pittsburgh wins the AFC North.

That’s why the seven-time Pro Bowler added an extra letter to his black and yellow jerseys.

Brown posted the photo to Twitter Wednesday night with the caption, “Who else has their #84 Browns jersey ready for Sunday?”

B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't like whoever we play and never hope for a second we don't win the game.

I couldn't care less who gets in and who doesn't. I just care about beating the team on the other sideline.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
lol funny move by Brown there ... I hope we win! ... and they lose!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I want us to win and Pittsburg to lose. I'd rather Baltimore get in because I'm confident that Jackson isn't leading them to a Super Bowl win.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope we beat the Ravens. That franchise was in Cleveland and left for another city, thus they are the team that I despise the most.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I admire the Raven's coach and enjoy the way they play the game.
The Stealers are the best run org.in the NFL.
Having said that,a win for the Browns would make one hell of statement.And just maybe,Marvin and Hue can pull that team of out of the grave for one last hoorah.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
I think the steelers will do more than enough to give Huey and Lewis the blues.

#GMSTRONG
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
And that would not be news.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I want to win. Never can I root to lose (unless its for Zion smile )

Not in football though.

I will say, its a win/win game for us. If we win we boot the Ratbirds, if we lose then armpittsburgh gets booted.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just Win and have a winning season, what Browns fan wouldn't want that? superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Easy solution to all this...

Browns win. Steelers tie w/Bengals.

That's what we should all be rooting for...

It would be the first time a team without the most wins would win a division. Who wouldn't want to see this? Steelers back up into the playoffs, Ravens cry because they won more games and didn't win the division.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Easy solution to all this...

Browns win. Steelers tie w/Bengals.

That's what we should all be rooting for...

It would be the first time a team without the most wins would win a division. Who wouldn't want to see this? Steelers back up into the playoffs, Ravens cry because they won more games and didn't win the division.
Or we win and steelers lose. smile

They have a tendency to lose to sub par teams.

E
Legend
Legend
E
No exactly what you mean...dislike bot teams Steelers and Ravens both more than any other team. But HATE Ravens for who they stand for as Ex Brown team stolen from us.

So although I hate the fact that our win is the best thing to happen for the Steelers but the good news is its the worst thing to happen to the Ravens plus a winning season for us. Out of nothing...6-2 from the new guys. Hopefully insuring them at least one more year of continuity.

All back in their same capacity!

So out of the two Evils, Ravens getting bounced out of the playoffs in THEIR HOUSE...would be a lovely thing!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Vambo
Steelers wide receiver changes jerseys in support of Browns

Posted 9:51 pm, December 26, 2018, by Jen Steer, Updated at 10:57PM, December 26, 2018

https://fox8.com/2018/12/26/steelers-wide-receiver-changes-jerseys-in-support-of-browns/

CLEVELAND– Wide receiver Antonio Brown and his Pittsburgh Steelers need help from Cleveland to make the playoffs.

If the Browns beat the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Bengals, then Pittsburgh wins the AFC North.

That’s why the seven-time Pro Bowler added an extra letter to his black and yellow jerseys.

Brown posted the photo to Twitter Wednesday night with the caption, “Who else has their #84 Browns jersey ready for Sunday?”

Love it! Go Steelers and Go Browns. Keep the Ravens out of the playoffs

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We're going to try to win the game, but don't push it Antonio.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Thats true. I remember reading a story that the Steelers protested the Browns move to Baltimore by wearing black arm bands. Props for that.

Pitt and Bills voted against the move, yes.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I hope we beat the Ravens. That franchise was in Cleveland and left for another city, thus they are the team that I despise the most.

I understand that. I am over that, plus, it's not like the city of Cleveland leaders didn't screw the pooch.

It took our teams moving to get them activated to building a new stadium. Seriously, that place was a dump in the late 60's, early 70's.

The dawg pound was popular because they were the only seats close to the field. If you had 40-50 yard line seats, you were 50-60 yards off the field. The further from the 50, the closer you got, but it is hard to sell seats on the 10 for more than the 50.

Just saying

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Just remember the Steelers were one of the two teams who voted against the move.

I'll never forget what Mr Rooney did for the team the city and the fans..He also fought that the Browns should keep the colors... thumbsup

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 I'm somewhat torn, but not really

Link Copied to Clipboard