DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Injuries - 10/06/21 05:19 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 05:36 PM
I think that's expected.

What's the status of Hubbard, though? Limited or Full??
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 06:04 PM
Having Hubbard back would be very nice
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 06:39 PM
Wills really needs the time to heal. Hubbard is by far the most obvious solution to make that happen. I still find it hard to imagine how so many posters thought Hubbard should or would be cut after he had renegotiated his contract last season. It's obvious to see just how important it was to keep him.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 08:12 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 08:41 PM
Someone will have a Tweet of this, eventually, but here's the current injury report. It's HUGE.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

There are a ton of DNP's and Hubbard was still Limited.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 08:46 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

we are starting to look like Baltimore sheesh lol.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/06/21 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Oof. That list is long and distinguished.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 12:10 AM
This size injury list has been the norm for us every single year.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 12:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Having Hubbard back would be very nice

AS I lay at night It hit me, the whole concept or Baker having a bad game vs. a good game going back to the start of 2020

It wasn't the enter or exit of Odell Beckham, it was the availability of Hubbard even for a few snaps a game,

Frankly, (despite what anyone else on this entire message board wants to post or assert, I think the evidence shows, even going back to his time with the steelers,
Wherever Chris Hubbard goes, the good offense goes to!

I think he helps enough of the OL around him, and provides himself, a sense of well being for quarterbacks to make better decisions and develop the rhythm, play after play to get timing back with receivers.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 12:37 AM
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

How do you suddenly NOT need an MRI after a decision was made to get one? A second MRI is ordered when they feel something was missed on the first one, or because the inflammation has subsided, offering a better view.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:13 AM
no kidding get another MRI I think its covered
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:45 AM
I wonder if Jedrick is covered by COBRA...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 04:56 AM
Nah, he has that tough guy Union Card. He's gonna put those ankles in ice until they freeze before the game and sit on his butt doing some Njoku meditation until it heels so he can keep getting on the field. Guy's a soldier and brother in arms. It's a Browns Brotherhood thing...
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:21 AM
If he bleeds orange, he's over-oxygenated.
If he bleeds brown, he's under-oxygenated.

Get me fixed, and get me back in there, coach.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I wonder if Jedrick is covered by COBRA...

Can't afford that on a rookie contract!
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 10:55 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent

How do you suddenly NOT need an MRI after a decision was made to get one? A second MRI is ordered when they feel something was missed on the first one, or because the inflammation has subsided, offering a better view.

As usual we get an article in the press about how the Brown's should shut Wills down and then the fans repeat it like the folks we have handling all of this don't know what they are doing.

If Ski says he can play thru it he can. They are NOT going to risk his future for 1 win or 2 they think long haul, so some of the Dr.'s we have in the press and here on this board need to, shut up....

Wills can and has played thru this just like Tretter has played thru his issues for 2 years now...
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 01:42 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:08 PM
Not surprised. I had been saying since he dislocated his shoulder that he likely tore his labrum and would need off season shoulder surgery.

Damn you Anthony Schwartz for cutting off your route!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:10 PM
I think Baker’s camp released this info because he’s been lambasted over the past week.

I’m sure the team doesn’t want this info disclosed
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:13 PM
Quite possible. It still does not excuse missing screen passes and not seeing Felton wide open.

The Browns are still running read options and he's diving for first downs. More of an effect on his deep balls?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 02:18 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 03:20 PM
The Chargers injury report is finally available.
It's just a little bit smaller than ours..

https://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report/

Ekeler & Allen are on it for Ankles, but were Full Participants.
Chris Harris, one of their starting CB's is Limited with a Shoulder.
Their backup/change of pace RB, Justin Jackson, is limited with a Groin.
Starting Safety Derwin James is Limited with Toe/Shoulder.
Starting LB Drue Tranquill was a Full Participant with "Illness"

So, they're a little bit beat up in areas we may be able to exploit, but nothing that appears to be a definite. Expect them to be fully healthy on Sunday.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

As usual we get an article in the press about how the Brown's should shut Wills down and then the fans repeat it like the folks we have handling all of this don't know what they are doing.

If Ski says he can play thru it he can. They are NOT going to risk his future for 1 win or 2 they think long haul, so some of the Dr.'s we have in the press and here on this board need to, shut up....

Wills can and has played thru this just like Tretter has played thru his issues for 2 years now...

Lighten up Francis. I didn't accuse anybody of anything. It was a legit question.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

It doesn't take an MD to see an Olineman receive an ankle injury, decide to gut it out but also get taken out of every game he's played since the original injury, to know that the dude needs to heal or he's going to injure it worse. The injury is clearly hampering him, and the announcement that he would get another MRI was a big red flag. I do trust 'ski and Co. to prioritize player health, but it's also obvious the ankle isn't getting any better with him out there on Sundays.
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 03:58 PM
Ok Dr. oobernoober rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 04:00 PM
Forgot to add.

.... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 04:56 PM
People have no idea the value that adds. wink
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 05:07 PM
j/c...

Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
OC Alex Van Pelt on Baker’s partially torn labrum to his non-throwing shoulder: “I haven’t seen it affect him out here in practice… so it shouldn’t carry over to the game.” Said Baker just had a “rough day” in Minnesota but “expects him to bounce back this week” #Browns

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1446159536373575683
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:08 PM
Baker is tough and not going to come out, so he's going to play through this. The coaches know it, admire him for it, but certainly don't necessarily want it to be public knowledge for our adversaries to exploit (wait for teams to stack 8 in the box to stop Chubb/Hunt and dare Baker to prove he's healthy enough to beat them deep).

Baker struggled bigly in Minny and heard it from fans and media alike (rightfully so).

It totally makes sense that his PR team would release this to explain his performance the last 2 weeks away and get people off his back. Let's not forget this is a contract year for Baker. Don't think that doesn't come into the equation.

On the flip side of that coin, the coaches are now scrambling to do PR damage control (if that's even possible now) by trying to spin this as "he looks fine in practice so he should be fine in the games" i.e. SUUUUURE Baker's going to be able to make those deep throws to OBJ and Schwartz. Don't put 8 in the box.....please?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:13 PM
Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
#Browns not practicing and not on field during portion open to reporters: LT Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle), C JC Tretter (knee/back).

Scott Petrak ct
@ScottPetrak
#Browns players working on side but not practicing: DEs Jadeveon Clowney (elbow), Takk McKinley (ankle, knee), CB Greg Newsome II (calf, ruled out for Sunday), TE David Njoku (knee), LB Malcolm Smith (abdomen), OL Chris Hubbard (triceps).

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1446174794773303296
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:21 PM

I can't speak to a partially torn labrum.

However, I have had two torn rotator cuff surgeries.

I could barely lift my elbow and it hurt like hell when I did.

I am sure Baker is getting the very best medical help available.

"The most common symptoms of a torn shoulder labrum are: shoulder pain, instability and, in some cases, a feeling of grinding, locking or catching while moving the shoulder. These symptoms may vary depending on the type of labral tear a person has."

My fear is a hit could end his season.

Instability means it could pop out again and cause a complete tear.

Baker may be able to throw ok. But he will have to protect himself while playing. That means sliding and avoiding contact if possible.

A hit from his blind side on that shoulder will really hurt.

This is a bad deal.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:30 PM
Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen and Mitchell Trubisky have all recently played through torn a labrum. Alex Van Pelt said today he tore his twice.

OBJ from presser today:

Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns OBJ said he's been dealing with a torn labrum like Baker Mayfield has for 10 years now.

“You keep working it. You work the muscles around it, you do all of that and then you just go out and play and forget about it. By the time you get out there you forget about it.”

https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1446150415662342155
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:32 PM
Agree that's another good point. I seriously doubt this injury is going to magically heal in a couple weeks. We're likely dealing with this for the rest of the year - whether it's Baker just being limited and playing through it or, even worse, Baker missing a chunk of time.

Sadly these are the nightmare "what if's" that keep FO up at night when putting together a 1 year "go for it all" roster.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:36 PM

I don't about the others but Lawerence had surgery on it.

Then he came back.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 06:38 PM
j/c

I wonder how much impact that injury has on in-season workouts.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 07:15 PM

Practice you can keep your elbow down but there is still shoulder movement when throwing with your other shoulder.

In pitching your glove hand acts like a pulley.

It pulls and your back shoulder through the motion.

Lots going in the mechanics of throwing. I taught pitching and my son was a high level prospect at one time.

Each person and each injury is different. A lot depends on the severity of the tear.

When there is an impingement and the shoulder is unstable.

Meaning the tear has weakened holding the shoulder in place. It will not take much to knock it out.

This will be a management issue for this year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 07:31 PM
Which begs the question, why wasn't Baker dumping the pass of short or throwing it out of bounds instead of trying to run with the ball?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 07:39 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I don't about the others but Lawerence had surgery on it.

Then he came back.

Trevor Lawrence had surgery after the season was over.

https://www.nfl.com/news/trevor-lawrence-to-undergo-labrum-surgery-tuesday-on-non-throwing-shoulder
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 07:40 PM
Camryn Justice
@camijustice
#Browns Baker Mayfield throwing compilation from today's open portion of practice.

Video in the link.

https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1446192620292673544
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 07:41 PM
I have torn my labrum (once) and rotator cuff (twice) on my throwing arm. No bueno.

With a partially torn labrum as a result of the dislocation (same as me except full tear), he will be more susceptible to a subsequent dislocation due to the increased instability in the shoulder joint. He will need surgery in the future, I guarantee it.

I would venture to guess that a lot of the inaccuracy in his throws are a result of changed mechanics to compensate for the injured shoulder as well as the mental aspect of the injury.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 09:07 PM

No doubt. He is going to have to be smarter about protecting himself.

KS needs to protect his blind side as well. I expect the TE and backs to be involved in protection.

Baker also has to slide. He can not be going for extra yards.

I think there will be play adjustments made by KS.

I do not expect long developing pass plays from the pocket.

Expect 3 and 5 step drops or pocket movement making sure Baker sees the trouble.

Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 09:15 PM
I remember when the story came out about Mayfield's shoulder "popping out" in Beckham's first game back. Odell said his shoulder popped out too in that game. Today it was reported that Baker has a torn labrum, and Beckham comes out and says he has played with a torn labrum for 10 years.

As Seinfeld would say, he's a one-upper.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 09:46 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

No doubt. He is going to have to be smarter about protecting himself.

KS needs to protect his blind side as well. I expect the TE and backs to be involved in protection.

Baker also has to slide. He can not be going for extra yards.

I think there will be play adjustments made by KS.

I do not expect long developing pass plays from the pocket.

Expect 3 and 5 step drops or pocket movement making sure Baker sees the trouble.

All of that could very well be true - but again the fact that it's out in the public now makes for some potential tough sledding ahead for our offense and coaches IMO - because defenses are going to game plan for this now.

Sounds like a heavy reliance on the running game (obviously), play-action (Baker's bread and butter) and short/quick passing routes. That's all well and good but all of that is likely within 5-10 yards from the LOS. Guess where defenses are going to put about 10 bodies? Passing lanes and windows could get mighty tiny real fast. Good luck Baker and let's hope our defense is for real!

Edit to add - doesn't help that our best route runner, run blocker and short to intermediate pass catcher - which is what we're going to really really need for this type of offense to work - one Jarvis Landry is also sitting on IR.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 10:28 PM

Felton and Hunt are really both excellent pass catchers.

We run both TE's and Chubb in screens.

We have players that can be used. There are also ways to take a few shots downfield. You use your speed guys and keep backs and or TE's in protection. We also can use a fullback.

KS knows what to do.

It is manageable.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 10/07/21 11:38 PM
That explains why baker had happy feet when pressure was near.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 12:18 AM
Hey Purp, for some reason I'm not seeing twitter posts on an updated and newly built windows PC. I looked at some links and sent Memphis a reply telling him this:

Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Memphis,

When you post a twitter link by copying the status bar address, it doesn't show up for some or most of us. The status bar address link looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1446122432700424195

And the link you get when you go to the share icon at the bottom of a tweet looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1446122432700424195?s=20

This is what the BB software Purp uses looks for and the "?s=20" at the end of those links is important.

I think something might be going on under the hood though, because until today, I've rarely seen a blank tweet being quoted.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 01:48 AM
Damn, looks like there is at least a chance we wont have Clowney or ward and possibly jackson and Hubbard. Not good
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 01:53 AM
They said today that Ward and Hill are likely to play.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 03:44 AM
Hey Purp, for some reason I'm not seeing twitter posts on an updated and newly built windows PC. I looked at some links and sent Memphis a reply telling him this:

Memphis,

When you post a twitter link by copying the status bar address, it doesn't show up for some or most of us. The status bar address link looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1446122432700424195

And the link you get when you go to the share icon at the bottom of a tweet looks like this:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1446122432700424195?s=20

This is what the BB software Purp uses looks for and the "?s=20" at the end of those links is important.

I think something might be going on under the hood though, because until today, I've rarely seen a blank tweet being quoted.

Yep it's not just you. Not working for any of us. There's a thread in feedback forum already on this topic

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1890727/embedded-twitter-gone-again#Post1890727
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 05:47 AM
They said today that Ward and Hill are likely to play.

But not Clowney? That means the chargers can double team garret without worries of much pressure coming from the other side
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 10:51 AM
I look for the Browns to work the middle of the field more Baker is having issues with outside throws from what I have seen. And I do believe that is a by product of the injury.

I would try to get him in a rhythm early and at least make it have the appearance that he is fine.

The Bolts are sure to load up for the run so that means there should be some chunk plays there to be had.

The key as is always true is to make them defend the entire field. Ski has to be creative in his play calling and work with Bakers limitations while getting the passing game rolling. I might take a long shot early to get them to back off a bit to give ourselves some room to operate.

It's not so important that we hit those plays as it is that there is a real threat that we will try and with OBJ on the field that is always so.

I for sure would spread the field and work outside in slants with OBJ. But Ski will get this offense rolling I truly believe that.

I don't see this as being a high scoring game either BTW. Turnovers must NOT happen and at points we will have to commit ourselves to the run. I truly believe if you give Hunt or Chubb the ball 3x they are going to get 10 yards. Might have to wear them down a bit 1st but come the forth let the running game take them out.

I spread the field and create room for Hunt and Chubb to operate and I pitch the ball out to Chubb and Hunt to get that extra step on outside runs. Spread out Njoku and let him lead outside runs for us.

There is a lot we can do to pressure there defense but Baker must avoid turning the ball over. That is the key he may not be able to win the game for us but he cannot be put in a situation where he can lose it.

We have great coaches will be OK, and we really need to just sorta hang around then about mid point of the third quarter the run game will start chewing them up.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 03:27 PM
j/c...

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns DE Myles Garrett (knee/ankle), LT Jedrick Wills Jr. (ankle), CB Greg Newsome II (calf), OT Chris Hubbard (triceps) did not practice today. CB Denzel Ward, DE Takk McKinley, LB Malcolm Smith, C JC Tretter, TE David Njoku, & DE Jadeveon Clowney returned after being DNPs

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1446497211790016513
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 06:51 PM
Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Browns game status update:

Out: Hubbard, Newsome

Questionable: Clowney, Fields, Garrett, Hill, McKinley, Njoku, M. Smith, Tretter, Ward, Wills

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1446514035344609280
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 07:24 PM
Hubbard is a bummer... his triceps injury going the wrong way (DNP --> Limited --> DNP) is worrisome, IMO.

Is Stefanski extremely liberal in putting down names on the injury list? It seems like we see a long list of names followed with the phrase "abundance of caution" quite a bit. This is what I'm telling myself because whenever I see our injury lists my heart rate spikes.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 07:29 PM
With Stefanski the questionable list usually seems to be overinflated in comparison to how many of them end up playing. I try to not read much into that list.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 08:36 PM

Questionable I think means play.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 09:27 PM

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1446587383466635270?s=21

Hubbard out for the year
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 09:38 PM
That royally sucks, but at least we can go get someone else, now.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 10/08/21 10:04 PM

It does suck because he can play a number of positions.

Honestly though I have never been a fan of his. Seen him wiff many times. He was paid a lot to be back up.

He never was starting material.

Hudson has way more natural talent. Callahan will get him ready.
Posted By: hitt Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 01:17 AM
I'm sure you are correct. Help me out, how can Baker be left off the injury report. Brady had his problem last year and didn't disclose it....is this the new norm for QBs. I thought the NFL was considering taking away draft picks because Brady wasn't on Tampa Bay's reports. Could we be penalized for not disclosing Mayfield's injury....now that it is common knowledge. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 02:53 AM
Just guessing that Baker's full participation in practice exempts him from being listed?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 05:18 PM
Wills has been ruled out for tomorrow.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 05:22 PM

That LT spot is going to be a mess, No Wills and no Hubbard...Hopefully Hence can step up big
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 05:31 PM
That sucks! With facing Bosa, that's going to be tough.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 05:50 PM
Yeah it sucks but if we do what you said in another thread and give whoever replaces him help we will be fine.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
That sucks! With facing Bosa, that's going to be tough.

Yup Conklin will have his hands full with Bosa, and they do sometimes flip him over the other side, ekk to whomever is playing LT tomorrow...Should be interesting to watch how we handle it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

That LT spot is going to be a mess, No Wills and no Hubbard...Hopefully Hence can step up big

Bosa USUALLY goes against the RT. Obviously I think Bolts will test out the left side of the OL.

Browns hopefully won’t have to worry about it too much with Chubb and Hunt each getting 25 carries
https://twitter.com/DawgsByNature/status/1446889648962392073

And the RB carries are no joke.

This Chargers D lets you get away with the run, just tries to stop the passing game. Plus, Baker's injury. I think there is a heavy run workload tomorrow.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 06:33 PM
The Chargers will try to exploit our weakness. That's what all well coached teams do. If you don't think Bosa will be trying to exploit the left side of our OL, just watch.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 08:41 PM
Sucks about Hubbard and Wills. Our LT spot is a concern for me
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The Chargers will try to exploit our weakness. That's what all well coached teams do. If you don't think Bosa will be trying to exploit the left side of our OL, just watch.

Oh trust me I already know, they will be flipping Bosa back and forth all game
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 09:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Sucks about Hubbard and Wills. Our LT spot is a concern for me

Me too...I'm thinking we may just have to to work the quick passes, to prevent Baker from getting crushed on that blindside.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

It’ll likely be Hudson.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injuries - 10/09/21 10:17 PM
Run the heavy package with three TEs, Double him and concentrate on the short pass when not running it. Bootlegs away from his side.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/10/21 04:44 PM
Good point. This might be the case today
© DawgTalkers.net