DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:25 PM
IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
2m
The #Raiders at #Browns game is being postponed to Monday, per league source.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:27 PM
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
39s
Browns staff is now being told that they'll play the Raiders on Monday at 5 p.m. ET.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:30 PM
Let’s get weird!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:35 PM
5pm on Monday. I’ll be there!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:41 PM
What is that supposed to achieve? Or will they change policies between now and then?
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
What is that supposed to achieve? Or will they change policies between now and then?

They already have altered the policies; I hope it helps us

Raiders-Browns game postponed to Monday
Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2021, 2:40 PM EST

Getty Images
The Raiders and Browns will not be playing on Saturday afternoon.

As initially reported by Josina Anderson of USA Today Sports and now reported by many, the game between the two AFC teams is being pushed back to Monday because of the COVID-19 outbreak that’s hit the Browns this week. They have 20 players on their COVID-19 reserve list and head coach Kevin Stefanski also tested positive this week.

This is the first game that has been rescheduled this year after it happened multiple times in 2020 due to COVID issues.

Multiple reports say the game will kick off at 5 p.m. ET in Cleveland. The Saturday game was set to be broadcast on NFL Network and will remain on that channel.

There are also conversations taking place about moving the Washington-Eagles and Seahawks-Rams games to Tuesday because of outbreaks in Washington and Los Angeles.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:44 PM
Our backups have more time to practice with each other.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:48 PM
I just think the NFL needs to shut it down for a week, step back and see where where they’re at. Just pray this situation don’t spiral out of control. What’s two days gonna do, have more positives?
Posted By: Hammer Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:49 PM
and get Covid...
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:53 PM
Nothing, just Roger gritting his teeth and bending a bit... with a middle finger attached.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:55 PM

Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:56 PM
Raiders’ K.J. Wright rips NFLPA: I pay my player dues just to get lied to
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2021, 2:51 PM EST

NFL: DEC 12 Raiders at Chiefs
Getty Images
After the NFL Players Association pushed for postponements, the NFL has given in and decided to delay three games this week, including Raiders-Browns, to accommodate teams that have been ravaged by COVID-19. And some Raiders players think something fishy is going on.

That’s because the president of the Players Association is Browns center J.C. Tretter, and Raiders linebacker K.J. Wright is among those who think the union is favoring the Browns with its lobbying to give them more time to prepare.

“I pay my player dues just to get lied to and the rules bent,” Wright wrote. “If it was the other way around I swear we would be playing tomorrow.”

Wright directed one tweet at Tretter and said, “let’s keep our word President. This is pretty simple to me.” Raiders cornerback Casey Hayward similarly took a shot at Tretter.

In Wright’s opinion, the Browns should either be able to field a team of the players who are available, or forfeit the game.

“I just wanna play ball,” Wright said. “I would say play or forfeit.”

But that isn’t happening. Instead, the Raiders are being told that they have to delay their game by 48 hours this week, then play on short rest next week, to accommodate the Browns.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:59 PM
hmmm How do I tell K.J. Wright politely to kiss my ass. Oh I just did.
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 07:59 PM
This is one of few times I dont want to work at night but have no choice
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by chirp30
I just think the NFL needs to shut it down for a week, step back and see where where they’re at. Just pray this situation don’t spiral out of control. What’s two days gonna do, have more positives?

And that sounds great. I would love for that to be a realistic possibility. The problem is the logistics of it all. TV time, contracts all in place with the half time show and every business surrounding an event like the SB would make it virtually impossible from a logistics standpoint to simply push everything back a week.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:02 PM
The forfeit rule was only ever in play for teams who didn't meet the % threshold of vaccinated players. The Browns were well over that number (80 or 90%, IIRC).
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:05 PM
K.J. Wright and the Raiders still mad because Roger wouldn't reschedule their game last year when their OL went down. The NFL fined them $350,000 for not wearing masks and players refusing to wear tracking devices... Reports were that their OL had been gathering without masks.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:12 PM

Kinda my question also. Plus, people like peen, and I'm sure many others, coming from far away for a Sat. game. What will they do? And like you said, how will this help the covid positive get in the game?
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Kinda my question also. Plus, people like peen, and I'm sure many others, coming from far away for a Sat. game. What will they do? And like you said, how will this help the covid positive get in the game?

Arch,
From my post earlier in the Browns covid thread, the NFL is changing the get back to work policy for asymptomatic players-And there was just a twitter that I saw that said that multiple Browns and Rams players that were part of the outbreak from a couple of days ago have already been cleared to play on Monday-So maybe the extra couple days will really help us
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:30 PM
Good GO BROWNS thumbsup
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:38 PM
So apparently if you have been vaccinated you can return from Covid pretty soon with higher cycle threshold values (whatever the hell that is).

Sounds like Baker will play and possibly more.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:44 PM
j/c...

Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

He went on December 9th... so he's returning eight days later.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 08:48 PM
It's funny how the Raiders are crying that they can't play our practice squad but if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be crying the blues . If it were the Raiders I'd completely understand because I can read where the forfeit rule was only for unvaccinated teams. I knew this before hand and they keep saying BUT the rules said they'd forfeit
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 09:00 PM
Well, at least they moved the game. I wasn't expecting the league to do so. It is the fair and right decision.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 09:11 PM
Thanks.

It just seems to me the nfl is changing rules to accommodate a game. Like "Oh, hey, maybe we ought to change this rule/law/guideline cause....."

If science says fine, so be it. I still wonder about the fans though.
Posted By: Westy15 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 09:23 PM
They wanted us to forfeit until they realized they wouldn’t receive a game check I’m guessing
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 09:38 PM
Njoku was similar. I think this means (optimistically) we only get some of the earliest ones that went on the list this week(?).
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 09:43 PM
Sounds about right, although we have no idea how this new testing procedure will deem players "fairly non-contagious".
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:15 PM
"Fairly non-contagious?" Kinda seems like a New Science of Personal Convenience to me. This practice of New Medicine also allows "some what dead" and "a little bit pregnant." You are or you are not dead, contagious, pregnant. Yoda logic. This is starting out with the convenience of a test result you need to "find" and manufacturing it. Somebody had to sweat to come up with this "solution." Glad Baker Mayfield said his bit about it, because the NFL and the owners and the commish are really looking worse in their deciding issues. This would be easily doable moreover if we hadn't added that extra game, their Grail, to complicate this train wreck of a season. It is not about football as much as it is about surviving the exceptions, the pronouncements, the officiating, the scheduling, and the rulings (fines as well). Still not sure what pass interference or a catch are, after years of watching. The ignored calls may be worse, like holding. Thanks, Bakes!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:18 PM
Whoever the Browns Quarterback is when they finally play. He cannot be sitting back holding the ball waiting to make a decision.

Has To Be A Quick Release!

Pass Protection!
Run Defense!
Quick Release by the quarterback, quick decisions, Throw it! Throw it away! or Run! Positive plays, Win the Game.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:34 PM
I think no matter what we’re still going to be without a large swath of important players on Monday. 2 days isn’t going to make the difference with anyone that’s truly sick and if the asymptomatic continue to test positive, they too will probably still not be able to play.

So look for a very simplified run run run and dink dunk offense. And look for them to drop back and heave it down field over and over looking for DB miscommunications and expecting a nice clean pocket. With no clowney they’ll load 3 up on Garret. The table is set for them.

All we’ll have going for us is the hunger of unproven players given an opportunity to shine and an element of chaos. And if we do win, jeez, lots of our best players just got a 2nd bye week’s rest and recover to prep for the hardest game of the year.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:36 PM
In Wright’s opinion, the Browns should either be able to field a team of the players who are available, or forfeit the game.

“I just wanna play ball,” Wright said. “I would say play or forfeit.”
No bruh, you want to play against the 2nd and 3rd string... if you really just wanted to play ball, you would be willing to wait an extra day or two...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:38 PM
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-make-roster-moves-x1307

Tony Fields lb, Jacob Phillips, Mack Wilson, added to Covid. (Ronnie Harrison) it says 8 , 8 added to Covid, but those are the 4 I'm not sure were previously listed.

THE BROWNS BRING BACK KYLE LAULETTA QB, OFF of Jacksonvilles practice squad. ...

To be honest, that = FOUR!!! Quarterbacks, potentially who could play in this weeks game, to be mentioned new, in the last 4 DAYS!!

Was going to be Case Keenum because Baker had Covid.
Was going to be be (remembering...) Nick Mullins, because Case Keenum also had Covid!

Was going to , Maybe it's Baker again because they were going to change the testing rules.

Now at least they signed Kyle Lauletta, (who played as a Brown through all of training camp and (I think) pre season this year.

^ that's not over 8 days, NOW! It still may hopefully be, Baker, or Case, or take your pick, but that's not new news over a week, no those are in the last 4 DAYS. So, Hopefully, Whoever plays, Plays really well!!!
Go Browns!!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 10:42 PM
I want to see the Browns play the Raiders with the Raiders not able to field their top tight end, or one of their top 2 threats at wide receiver.
That was the prospect 2 days ago, and I hope it stays that way.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 11:17 PM
If there were no conspiracy's it wouldn't be a word in the dictionary.

So the Conspiracy thinking in me thinks perhaps a peculiar thing happened, and the NFL was better to address it by moving the Browns Raiders game. What happened?

In order to make the final week of the year games continue to have so much meaning, the NFL, faced with the current landscape in the AFC, and having such a peculiar thing as the Browns being a better team than their beloved ravens and steers in the afc north,

that the NFL, voila, would rather know how better to fix the games if the Browns Raiders game were played
AFTER
the other weekends games, instead of before, including, Bengals at Broncos, Titans at Steelers, packers at ravens,

obviously to make sure that the browns are relegated to 4th place in the division where the league officees and Hollywood/new y ork snobs demand they be.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/17/21 11:25 PM
We gotta get this guy!

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tim-couch-filling-in-browns-quarterback-covid
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Well, I sit in my hotel in Middleburg Heights, waiting to drive home to Tennessee in the morning. Waiting for the game on Monday is out of the question this go. We have to leave for Florida Wednesday morning. I wasn't about to back the long drives together. I have to get to Ocala on Wednesday to finish up the drive on Thursday.

No worries though. My wife and I took the back roads through Amish country from Cincy up to Cleveland. We had a nice dinner at Don's Pomeroy House, then drove through a super Christmas lights display over at the county fairgrounds.

As for the tickets, I gave them to a employee here at the hotel I have gotten to know over this past year. She said her husband and son will enjoy them very much...so a feel good moment. I get to go to all the games I want.

I do feel for other fans who might not be able to do that or those who may have flown for the game. Trying to change flights this late is costly, and given the time of year, maybe not even possible.

So, we catch a break. Let's take advantage and go win the game. I guess it will be on some sort of TV. Guess I'll go to the bar Monday afternoon and watch.

Go Browns.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 02:51 AM
Let's go Dawgs!

Win this one for 'Peen!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 04:23 AM
Nice touch, giving your tickets to people who may not get to a game very often.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Nice touch, giving your tickets to people who may not get to a game very often.
That's who he is bro. If he's not going he's often giving them away, usually to underprivileged kids.
Posted By: redddog Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 03:52 PM
Good stuff, Peen.
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 04:14 PM
HEY BALLPEEN good for you champion! Great thing to do!
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 04:15 PM
So the question is how many players and who will be back. Clowney has symptoms so I dont see him coming back but I hope takk will be
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
"fairly non-contagious".

Sounds a lot like the term "a little bit pregnant".
Posted By: BADdog Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 05:12 PM
I do not understand why every player in the NFL wasnt tested this week
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 05:12 PM
Where do you get information on who is symptomatic, and who is not.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 05:12 PM
That was very nice of you Peen. Even though we disagree about some things there's no doubt that you're a genuinely good guy. Sorry you couldn't stay for the game.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 05:44 PM
so....35-24 browns?
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
"fairly non-contagious".

It does... but isn't that what they're doing? Players will still have a viral load, meaning they are in fact contagious... by setting some arbitrary (although supported by medical professionals) threshold, they're basically saying "not contagious enough to really worry".

Am I wrong? Maybe Portland can answer...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:28 PM
Welp, add James Hudson to the list now!
Posted By: Tackman Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
"fairly non-contagious".

It does... but isn't that what they're doing? Players will still have a viral load, meaning they are in fact contagious... by setting some arbitrary (although supported by medical professionals) threshold, they're basically saying "not contagious enough to really worry".

Am I wrong? Maybe Portland can answer...

If it was that contagious, shouldn't the ratbirds have a ton of positives too?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:42 PM
I would also defer to Portland as well but it certainly sounds as though you're right. Those were my thoughts exactly.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:43 PM
IF the Browns players were infected before that game one would think so. But that's an unknown.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:51 PM
j/c...

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If there were no conspiracy's it wouldn't be a word in the dictionary.

So the Conspiracy thinking in me thinks perhaps a peculiar thing happened, and the NFL was better to address it by moving the Browns Raiders game. What happened?

In order to make the final week of the year games continue to have so much meaning, the NFL, faced with the current landscape in the AFC, and having such a peculiar thing as the Browns being a better team than their beloved ravens and steers in the afc north,

that the NFL, voila, would rather know how better to fix the games if the Browns Raiders game were played
AFTER
the other weekends games, instead of before, including, Bengals at Broncos, Titans at Steelers, packers at ravens,

obviously to make sure that the browns are relegated to 4th place in the division where the league officees and Hollywood/new y ork snobs demand they be.
Occam's razor is also in the dictionary, when faced with multiple hypotheses, the simplest one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. The simplest hypothesis with the fewest assumptions is that the NFL just wanted to make the game as competitive as possible since it has playoff implications for so many teams.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 07:57 PM
You might as well try explaining the Pythagorean Theorem to your dog.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 09:31 PM
j/c...

Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 10:06 PM
Takk McKlindly Back for Raiders Game Per ESPN
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/18/21 10:40 PM
Game ball goes to Peen! Holiday spirit of giving. Proud to know this guy! thumbsup brownie
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 01:47 PM
Peen is a blessed man God takes care of him and he gives back.

jmhPrayers
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 02:25 PM
Man, the Raiders sure are complaining a lot....Yikes
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 03:35 PM
j/c….

Browns/Raiders betting line just jumped to Browns -3.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot

They sure are. They're crying that they might not get to play a team that has more than a dozen starters on the bench, a 4th string qb and no HC. They still might, but they wanted to be sure, lol.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:06 PM
j/c….

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Source: #Browns standout G Wyatt Teller is coming off the COVID-19 reserve list.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1472596479659417601
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:20 PM
j/c….

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Source: #Browns standout G Wyatt Teller is coming off the COVID-19 reserve list.

This right here is one of the best things I heard.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:23 PM
Baker coming back?

Brad Stainbrook
@BrownsByBrad
Source: #Browns have notified free agent QB Jake Dolegala they will not be signing him at this time. Dolegala has spent the past 48 hours in Cleveland waiting to see if the team would need him.

https://twitter.com/BrownsByBrad/status/1472592778899173378
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:26 PM
Baker coming back?

Brad Stainbrook
@BrownsByBrad
Source: #Browns have notified free agent QB Jake Dolegala they will not be signing him at this time. Dolegala has spent the past 48 hours in Cleveland waiting to see if the team would need him.

https://twitter.com/BrownsByBrad/status/1472592778899173378

I think he was more of a precaution in case Mullens got Covid.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 04:35 PM
j/c….

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

That's a big, BIG plus.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/19/21 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Yea and I was on their side last year when they lost their entire OL for a week due to covid. I thought that game should have been moved. Now I take that back.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 01:23 AM
Just saw this: If we win tomorrow, we move into first place for the division. Let’s gets this done men!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 02:09 AM
Yeah, thats a pretty fortuitous result considering where we were before the bye.

This is the “easiest” game left, but it’s still a 50/50 one IMO
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Just saw this: If we win tomorrow, we move into first place for the division. Let’s gets this done men!
As of this moment, we are in control of our own destiny to win the division.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:55 AM
As frustrating as this season has been, I always remind myself that for the second year in a row, Browns fans haven't begun draft talk after Thanksgiving.

Things are better now than they've ever been. Not even close to ideal yet, but a team that is still worth watching in mid-December.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:18 AM
People forget we have a young team with a young HC in his first gig. We'll be alright, just need to fix some things and get healthy. I wish they would allow year round meeting and walkthroughs though, sucks waiting for them to gel until mid season. Would be better for them to be gelled for that first game. Just thinking out loud here.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
People forget we have a young team with a young HC in his first gig. We'll be alright, just need to fix some things and get healthy. I wish they would allow year round meeting and walkthroughs though, sucks waiting for them to gel until mid season. Would be better for them to be gelled for that first game. Just thinking out loud here.

When you look at the timelines they pretty much do, but I understand your point. I could see allowing a few extra weeks of time. Rosters purge maybe 20-25% every year. Free agents sign in March, rookies are drafted in April. You can't do much to move those up by a whole lot, so it is a petty tight schedule as it stands.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 02:34 PM

Hopefully, we're now done with wholesale guttings and remodelings of our defense & offense and going forward, year after year, the majority of guys will already be experienced.
Hopefully, this also results in better results than we're currently seeing from our offense, because it appears to have "gelled" like diesel this past offseason.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 02:59 PM
Everybody get hyped!! We winning this game today!!! Imma get drunk (it only takes me two shots and a mixed drink cause I’m a lightweight) and scream at the TV!!!

Guys, we win this game and we’re going on a run!!! Even after all the nonsense that happened this season, we’re in the mix to not only win the division, but get atleast a 3rd or 2nd seed!!!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:14 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:15 PM

Baker and Kennum still have covid
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:16 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:19 PM

if true... ugh
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:19 PM
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Baker and Kennum still have covid

Welp.....would take a miracle now. And, while I will take heat, I feel the tests of baker and Keenum may have been predetermined as punishment for Baker speaking out in first place. Not saying this as fact, not at all, but I feel there is a decent chance of this being true
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:25 PM
not good news

+ Walker too
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:32 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 03:51 PM

well... it is what it is folks.

Our playoff hopes are in the Hands of Nick Mullens --- like we all expected at the start of the season
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:01 PM
Aight so nick mullens is gonna keep our season alive!!!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:06 PM
Theres little chance this won't be an ugly loss. It makes next week a must win for sure.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Aight so nick mullens is gonna keep our season alive!!!

I think there is a good chance he might. This is the kind of dismal situation Baker would thrive in, odds stacked against us and nobody expecting us to pull off a win. Mullins has played well at times and under similar conditions. This game is for all the chips, no pressure.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:39 PM
Thing about Mullins, is he has experience, and is no slouch. The Ttackle situation bothers me more than anything.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 04:44 PM
This is going to be a glorious train wreck of a game.... the only question is whether we walk away from the wreck, or whether we're immolated in the process.

Make no mistake - because it is a conference game, barring multiple losses by the teams in our division in their remaining games, a loss tonight ends our playoff hopes.
Yes, there is a scenario where we can win the division at 9-8, so *technically*, we can lose tonight AND next week against Green Bay and still win the division, but it requires a LOT of hoping for certain games to fall our way (CIN>BAL, KC>PIT; KC>CIN, CLE>PIT; CLE>CIN, PIT>BAL).

Just Win, Baby.

#mullinsmafia
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 05:15 PM
This is the kind of dismal situation Baker would thrive in, odds stacked against us and nobody expecting us to pull off a win.

saywhat
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 05:36 PM
We’ll see what AVP can do again
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We’ll see what AVP can do again

This game is going to come down to two things:

1. How much can Mullins handle
2. How much our OLine can get the Run Game going when the Raiders know that is all we have.
C. Whether or not we have enough of our defense available to put the brakes on their O.

If ever we need WRs & TEs to get separation early in their routes, it is today. Not facing Baltimore's defense today may be the single biggest thing we have going for us.
On average, their defense is good for giving up at least one 20+ yard run per game, and thankfully, they give up more YPC than the Ravens.
In the passing game, they've been averaging allowing a 68% completion rate, though it appears that it mostly shorter passes.
They haven't gotten a lot of turnovers, and they are not setting the world afire with Sacks, but they're probably good for two Sacks per game. Ngakoueue (sp?) could have himself a game depending upon who we trot out there as our OTs.
It sounds like they protect against the deep ball and try to get pressure. If we can leverage that enough to get them away from stacking the box (basically, keep them trying to take away the Deep), then we might have something to work with.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:09 PM
I don't really disagree with you except for this.

2. How much our OLine can get the Run Game going when the Raiders know that is all we have.

The Ravens were stacking 8 and 9 men in the box. At that juncture it takes more than your OL alone to be successful running the football. Five men on the OL can't block 9 people. At that juncture it takes the additional blockers to also pull their weight if you expect your run game to succeed.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:09 PM
Looked at Mullens highlights from 2020 when he replaced jimmy g. He's quite capable, especially in the short pass game and attacks the middle well. Likes to use TE, but he had kittle in SF and we have two hefty bags of garbage and a half eaten ham sandwich. Soooo.. Going to be the chubb/johnson show hopefully. Last time Mullens played the raiders in similar fashion first start after Jimmy went down and mullens lit them up.. hopefully he remembers how he did it..lol
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:25 PM
So this mullens kid does not know our system correct? Wad he here during preseason?
Posted By: slick Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:31 PM
I read that the raiders have the best pass rush combo in the nfl. Not sure if that's true. Either way, the only thing left to do this season is try to beat the Bengals and Steelers and Keep them out of the playoffs. Nothing can be done really about ravens. So while our playoff hopes will most likely die tonight, we still have a chance to retire big ben for good and to hold back the bengals for another season.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by slick
So this mullens kid does not know our system correct? Wad he here during preseason?
I believe he has only been on our team for about a month or so, maybe a couple weeks more...But he's very limited in our system. I remember the first game he ever played for the 49ers, played lights out...Then he just seemed to be hampered with bad decision throws. I'm hoping within our scheme, that supposedly helps hide the QBs flaws...That Mullens should do a solid job today...least I hope.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
I believe he has only been on our team for about a month or so, maybe a couple weeks more...But he's very limited in our system. I remember the first game he ever played for the 49ers, played lights out...Then he just seemed to be hampered with bad decision throws. I'm hoping within our scheme, that supposedly helps hide the QBs flaws...That Mullens should do a solid job today...least I hope.

I heard on the radio that Mullens has been here since September.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:02 PM
Browns COVID-19 outbreak: Case Keenum tests positive, team turns to third-string QB Nick Mullens

Third-string quarterback Nick Mullens is now positioned to start against the Raiders. He joined the Browns on Sept. 1 when they signed him to their practice squad. He was activated from the practice squad Thursday as COVID/19 replacement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-update-nick-mullens-raiders/8932032002/

It's a much longer article but this establishes when we signed him.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dave

I heard on the radio that Mullens has been here since September.
Good info, and thats probably right. I just recalled he wasn't here during preseason (As he was fighting for a spot in Philly) And it's kind of better news, as he probably has more sense of the O, then I gave him.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:12 PM
ok Eeyore.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:14 PM
We got some critical people back. McKinley can step in for Clowney, Teller is crucial and JJ saves the secondary. At least we have the Chief, DPJ, Higgins and Schwartz. The real problem is the tackles. We've lived with Hance, so maybe we manage there, but that other slot is frightening. There's enough on defense and enough for a running game that the game is winnable.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:24 PM
Some info on Nick Mullens:

6-1, 210, 26 yrs old, 4 yrs NFL exp, College - Southern Miss

NFL stats:

16 games started, 600 Attempts 387 Completions (64.5%), 4714 Yards Passing (7.86 YPA), 25 TD 22 Int, QB Rate 87.2

https://www.nfl.com/players/nick-mullens/stats/
Posted By: The Big G Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:30 PM
Those are not terrible stats, and we are very lucky we had him for a third stringer.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:31 PM
Actually, I am excited to see Mullins. He has good tape and seems like the type of QB who can excel in this O. He might be some sort of answer.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:31 PM
We need Sakk McKinley to step up today and wreak havoc... I'm predicting he does.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 07:39 PM
I'm hoping to see Joe Jackson do some steppin' out tonight.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
I'm hoping to see Joe Jackson do some steppin' out tonight.

And "breaking (Carr) in two"?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:24 PM

We generally run the same scheme as the 49ers (and the Vikings). It's why he's here.
Hopefully, he has learned a bit since he last played.

He won't completely be a fish out of water.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:35 PM
Hopefully we can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. What a fantastic opportunity we've been provided with.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:39 PM
Raiders add to COVID list, injured reserve ahead of kickoff
link to story

CLEVELAND — Raiders’ cornerback Nate Hobbs has been added to the reserve/COVID-19 list and will miss Monday’s 2 p.m. game against the Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium.

The rookie has been having a stellar season in the slot and will be a key absence for a team trying to salvage its postseason hopes.

It was one of several roster transactions announced by the team on Monday afternoon as they prepare to play a game that was delayed two days because of a COVID outbreak within the Browns organization.

Linebacker Will Compton was also declared out for personal reasons just two hours before kickoff.

Cornerback Trayvon Mullen was placed on injured reserve with a toe injury. He had been out for more than two months before returning to play last week against the Chiefs. He aggravated the injury in the loss and will now miss at least the next three games.

Tight end Nick Bowers was activated from injured reserve to fill his spot on the roster.

The Raiders also called up guard Lester Cotton and wide receiver Tyron Johnson from the practice squad.

So, we get a *little* help.
Missing a LB and their slot CB.

Their full list of transactions before kick-off today:
https://www.raiders.com/team/transactions/
Activated TE Nick Bowers from the Reserve/Injured list; Placed CB Trayvon Mullen Jr. on the Reserve/Injured list; Activated WR Tyron Johnson and G Lester Cotton Sr. from the practice squad; Placed CB Nate Hobbs on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:46 PM
I thought I saw where Waller will be out, is that true?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:47 PM
Garrett needs a 5-6 sack day
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:47 PM
It was true when we were still set to play Saturday, but I have no idea if it is still true for today.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:49 PM
Thanks
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:49 PM
https://www.raiders.com/news/las-vegas-raiders-week-15-inactives-vs-cleveland-browns-nfl-2021

The Silver and Black face the Cleveland Browns in just 90 minutes.

Before kickoff, here are the inactive players for today's matchup:

LB Denzel Perryman

LB Will Compton

G Jordan Simmons

T Jackson Barton

TE Darren Waller

DT Kendal Vickers
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
I thought I saw where Waller will be out, is that true?

Yes Waller is out according to NFL Network
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:51 PM
https://www.raiders.com/team/injury-report/

He's OUT.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 08:52 PM
Raiders declared TE Darren Waller, LB Denzel Perryman, LB Will Compton, G Jordan Simmons, OT Jackson Barton and DL Kendal Vickers inactive for Week 15 against the Browns.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 09:07 PM
That's a good thing. Carr uses Waller a lot. The defense needs to win this game. It is time for this defense to play play-off defense. Carr, when being hit a lot, can get antsy and throw picks. The only way we win, is if we stop them from scoring. If we can run on them, it will make it easier. The passing game is going to be the question.
Posted By: Dave Re: Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY) - 12/20/21 09:28 PM
© DawgTalkers.net