#1911786 12/17/21 03:25 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
2m
The #Raiders at #Browns game is being postponed to Monday, per league source.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
39s
Browns staff is now being told that they'll play the Raiders on Monday at 5 p.m. ET.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Let’s get weird!

1 member likes this: oobernoober
M
Legend
Legend
M
5pm on Monday. I’ll be there!

M
Legend
Legend
M
What is that supposed to achieve? Or will they change policies between now and then?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by mgh888
What is that supposed to achieve? Or will they change policies between now and then?

They already have altered the policies; I hope it helps us

Raiders-Browns game postponed to Monday
Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2021, 2:40 PM EST

Getty Images
The Raiders and Browns will not be playing on Saturday afternoon.

As initially reported by Josina Anderson of USA Today Sports and now reported by many, the game between the two AFC teams is being pushed back to Monday because of the COVID-19 outbreak that’s hit the Browns this week. They have 20 players on their COVID-19 reserve list and head coach Kevin Stefanski also tested positive this week.

This is the first game that has been rescheduled this year after it happened multiple times in 2020 due to COVID issues.

Multiple reports say the game will kick off at 5 p.m. ET in Cleveland. The Saturday game was set to be broadcast on NFL Network and will remain on that channel.

There are also conversations taking place about moving the Washington-Eagles and Seahawks-Rams games to Tuesday because of outbreaks in Washington and Los Angeles.

Last edited by northlima dawg; 12/17/21 03:54 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Our backups have more time to practice with each other.

No Craps Given
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I just think the NFL needs to shut it down for a week, step back and see where where they’re at. Just pray this situation don’t spiral out of control. What’s two days gonna do, have more positives?

2 members like this: Tackman, FATE
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
and get Covid...

Legend
Legend
Nothing, just Roger gritting his teeth and bending a bit... with a middle finger attached.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Raiders’ K.J. Wright rips NFLPA: I pay my player dues just to get lied to
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 17, 2021, 2:51 PM EST

NFL: DEC 12 Raiders at Chiefs
Getty Images
After the NFL Players Association pushed for postponements, the NFL has given in and decided to delay three games this week, including Raiders-Browns, to accommodate teams that have been ravaged by COVID-19. And some Raiders players think something fishy is going on.

That’s because the president of the Players Association is Browns center J.C. Tretter, and Raiders linebacker K.J. Wright is among those who think the union is favoring the Browns with its lobbying to give them more time to prepare.

“I pay my player dues just to get lied to and the rules bent,” Wright wrote. “If it was the other way around I swear we would be playing tomorrow.”

Wright directed one tweet at Tretter and said, “let’s keep our word President. This is pretty simple to me.” Raiders cornerback Casey Hayward similarly took a shot at Tretter.

In Wright’s opinion, the Browns should either be able to field a team of the players who are available, or forfeit the game.

“I just wanna play ball,” Wright said. “I would say play or forfeit.”

But that isn’t happening. Instead, the Raiders are being told that they have to delay their game by 48 hours this week, then play on short rest next week, to accommodate the Browns.

Legend
Legend
hmmm How do I tell K.J. Wright politely to kiss my ass. Oh I just did.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
4 members like this: jfanent, mgh888, clwb419
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
This is one of few times I dont want to work at night but have no choice

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by chirp30
I just think the NFL needs to shut it down for a week, step back and see where where they’re at. Just pray this situation don’t spiral out of control. What’s two days gonna do, have more positives?

And that sounds great. I would love for that to be a realistic possibility. The problem is the logistics of it all. TV time, contracts all in place with the half time show and every business surrounding an event like the SB would make it virtually impossible from a logistics standpoint to simply push everything back a week.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
The forfeit rule was only ever in play for teams who didn't meet the % threshold of vaccinated players. The Browns were well over that number (80 or 90%, IIRC).

Legend
Legend
K.J. Wright and the Raiders still mad because Roger wouldn't reschedule their game last year when their OL went down. The NFL fined them $350,000 for not wearing masks and players refusing to wear tracking devices... Reports were that their OL had been gathering without masks.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Kinda my question also. Plus, people like peen, and I'm sure many others, coming from far away for a Sat. game. What will they do? And like you said, how will this help the covid positive get in the game?

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Kinda my question also. Plus, people like peen, and I'm sure many others, coming from far away for a Sat. game. What will they do? And like you said, how will this help the covid positive get in the game?

Arch,
From my post earlier in the Browns covid thread, the NFL is changing the get back to work policy for asymptomatic players-And there was just a twitter that I saw that said that multiple Browns and Rams players that were part of the outbreak from a couple of days ago have already been cleared to play on Monday-So maybe the extra couple days will really help us

P
Legend
Legend
P
Good GO BROWNS thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
So apparently if you have been vaccinated you can return from Covid pretty soon with higher cycle threshold values (whatever the hell that is).

Sounds like Baker will play and possibly more.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

He went on December 9th... so he's returning eight days later.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's funny how the Raiders are crying that they can't play our practice squad but if the shoe was on the other foot they'd be crying the blues . If it were the Raiders I'd completely understand because I can read where the forfeit rule was only for unvaccinated teams. I knew this before hand and they keep saying BUT the rules said they'd forfeit

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, at least they moved the game. I wasn't expecting the league to do so. It is the fair and right decision.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Thanks.

It just seems to me the nfl is changing rules to accommodate a game. Like "Oh, hey, maybe we ought to change this rule/law/guideline cause....."

If science says fine, so be it. I still wonder about the fans though.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
They wanted us to forfeit until they realized they wouldn’t receive a game check I’m guessing

O
Legend
Legend
O
Njoku was similar. I think this means (optimistically) we only get some of the earliest ones that went on the list this week(?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Sounds about right, although we have no idea how this new testing procedure will deem players "fairly non-contagious".

Legend
Legend
"Fairly non-contagious?" Kinda seems like a New Science of Personal Convenience to me. This practice of New Medicine also allows "some what dead" and "a little bit pregnant." You are or you are not dead, contagious, pregnant. Yoda logic. This is starting out with the convenience of a test result you need to "find" and manufacturing it. Somebody had to sweat to come up with this "solution." Glad Baker Mayfield said his bit about it, because the NFL and the owners and the commish are really looking worse in their deciding issues. This would be easily doable moreover if we hadn't added that extra game, their Grail, to complicate this train wreck of a season. It is not about football as much as it is about surviving the exceptions, the pronouncements, the officiating, the scheduling, and the rulings (fines as well). Still not sure what pass interference or a catch are, after years of watching. The ignored calls may be worse, like holding. Thanks, Bakes!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Whoever the Browns Quarterback is when they finally play. He cannot be sitting back holding the ball waiting to make a decision.

Has To Be A Quick Release!

Pass Protection!
Run Defense!
Quick Release by the quarterback, quick decisions, Throw it! Throw it away! or Run! Positive plays, Win the Game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think no matter what we’re still going to be without a large swath of important players on Monday. 2 days isn’t going to make the difference with anyone that’s truly sick and if the asymptomatic continue to test positive, they too will probably still not be able to play.

So look for a very simplified run run run and dink dunk offense. And look for them to drop back and heave it down field over and over looking for DB miscommunications and expecting a nice clean pocket. With no clowney they’ll load 3 up on Garret. The table is set for them.

All we’ll have going for us is the hunger of unproven players given an opportunity to shine and an element of chaos. And if we do win, jeez, lots of our best players just got a 2nd bye week’s rest and recover to prep for the hardest game of the year.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend
In Wright’s opinion, the Browns should either be able to field a team of the players who are available, or forfeit the game.

“I just wanna play ball,” Wright said. “I would say play or forfeit.”
No bruh, you want to play against the 2nd and 3rd string... if you really just wanted to play ball, you would be willing to wait an extra day or two...

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
Legend
T
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-make-roster-moves-x1307

Tony Fields lb, Jacob Phillips, Mack Wilson, added to Covid. (Ronnie Harrison) it says 8 , 8 added to Covid, but those are the 4 I'm not sure were previously listed.

THE BROWNS BRING BACK KYLE LAULETTA QB, OFF of Jacksonvilles practice squad. ...

To be honest, that = FOUR!!! Quarterbacks, potentially who could play in this weeks game, to be mentioned new, in the last 4 DAYS!!

Was going to be Case Keenum because Baker had Covid.
Was going to be be (remembering...) Nick Mullins, because Case Keenum also had Covid!

Was going to , Maybe it's Baker again because they were going to change the testing rules.

Now at least they signed Kyle Lauletta, (who played as a Brown through all of training camp and (I think) pre season this year.

^ that's not over 8 days, NOW! It still may hopefully be, Baker, or Case, or take your pick, but that's not new news over a week, no those are in the last 4 DAYS. So, Hopefully, Whoever plays, Plays really well!!!
Go Browns!!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I want to see the Browns play the Raiders with the Raiders not able to field their top tight end, or one of their top 2 threats at wide receiver.
That was the prospect 2 days ago, and I hope it stays that way.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If there were no conspiracy's it wouldn't be a word in the dictionary.

So the Conspiracy thinking in me thinks perhaps a peculiar thing happened, and the NFL was better to address it by moving the Browns Raiders game. What happened?

In order to make the final week of the year games continue to have so much meaning, the NFL, faced with the current landscape in the AFC, and having such a peculiar thing as the Browns being a better team than their beloved ravens and steers in the afc north,

that the NFL, voila, would rather know how better to fix the games if the Browns Raiders game were played
AFTER
the other weekends games, instead of before, including, Bengals at Broncos, Titans at Steelers, packers at ravens,

obviously to make sure that the browns are relegated to 4th place in the division where the league officees and Hollywood/new y ork snobs demand they be.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Well, I sit in my hotel in Middleburg Heights, waiting to drive home to Tennessee in the morning. Waiting for the game on Monday is out of the question this go. We have to leave for Florida Wednesday morning. I wasn't about to back the long drives together. I have to get to Ocala on Wednesday to finish up the drive on Thursday.

No worries though. My wife and I took the back roads through Amish country from Cincy up to Cleveland. We had a nice dinner at Don's Pomeroy House, then drove through a super Christmas lights display over at the county fairgrounds.

As for the tickets, I gave them to a employee here at the hotel I have gotten to know over this past year. She said her husband and son will enjoy them very much...so a feel good moment. I get to go to all the games I want.

I do feel for other fans who might not be able to do that or those who may have flown for the game. Trying to change flights this late is costly, and given the time of year, maybe not even possible.

So, we catch a break. Let's take advantage and go win the game. I guess it will be on some sort of TV. Guess I'll go to the bar Monday afternoon and watch.

Go Browns.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
4 members like this: mgh888, jfanent, jaybird
Legend
Legend
Let's go Dawgs!

Win this one for 'Peen!

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Nice touch, giving your tickets to people who may not get to a game very often.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Browns vs Raiders (MONDAY)

Link Copied to Clipboard