DawgTalkers.net
Congrats again Nor,,,but finally the wait is over!!

Youngstown State vs. The Ohio State University 12:00 noon

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!! O-H!!!!!!
This football offseason feels like it took about 8 years..

FINALLY it has arrived, FINALLY!!

Silver Bullets gonna be flyin around today!
Oh yeah, Sorry I left you hangin Lee...

I-O!!
Go Penguins!
Beanie,,,gone! TD BUCKEYES!
MR. HEISMAN!!!!
Is this game on Time Warner?
It should be. TW has the Big-Ten Network now.
Go Penguins... Go....
Terrell Pryor has been in. hasn't missed a pass!
Pryor looked good on that drive. Just had a few freshmen mistakes.
I like how Tress is handling the personnel in this one...

Keep in mind that Pryor was out their with the 2nd team O-Line...
Terrelle Pryor is my brother's age...makes me feel older than dirt. Not gonna lie.
Quote:

Terrelle Pryor is my brother's age...makes me feel older than dirt. Not gonna lie.

How do you think I feel when people say "he is 31,,thats old"

Turnover,,Buckeye ball!
KEEP FEEDING BEANIE!!

Dude needs at least 200 this game
26-0 at the half. All those FG's are a little annoying, but they are still points That was a pretty catch by Robo at the end of the half for a TD.

Time to get sum HW done now.
Don't think that will happen. I think Tress is spreading things out and wants to try out a variety of packages. Fine with me..

I seem to remember that on this board.. (well maybe it was DawgTalk back in the day) that some of the guys on the board, (don't remember who) were saying that Robiske wasn't a good WR.. well, that would appear to be an opinion held in error..
Quote:

Don't think that will happen. I think Tress is spreading things out and wants to try out a variety of packages. Fine with me..

I seem to remember that on this board.. (well maybe it was DawgTalk back in the day) that some of the guys on the board, (don't remember who) were saying that Robiske wasn't a good WR.. well, that would appear to be an opinion held in error..

I dog on Robiskie due to a personal bias. He went to my high school's rival. We played against him and shut him down every year. My buddy who shut him down ended up going to Dayton and quitting.

So yes, my opinions on Biskie aren't valid. I'll openly admit to that. I still can't cheer for him in a Buckeye uni cuz of the ugly orange and black he used to wear.
You gettin greedy Jay?

You know Beanie is good to go

no reason to do too much with Beanie today. He is not going to win or lose a Heisman against YSU..

We already know what we have with Beanie, I like getting as many guys in the mix in a game like this. It builds Herron's and Saine's confidence...
Quote:

that some of the guys on the board, (don't remember who) were saying that Robiske wasn't a good WR.

must have been the same people that thought cribbs didnt warrant a long term deal
Oh man beanies hurt
Looks like the ankle blew out
Quote:

You know Beanie is good to go

no reason to do too much with Beanie today. He is not going to win or lose a Heisman against YSU..

Now look what you did, beanie is hurt j/k of course but this is not good. hopefully it is a sprain or something. not good when they carry you off DAMN IT!

Well, we still have Mr. Ohio available in the backfield. Depth is good!

Wow
Of course!!!!

at least get 150... come on!
Not today Jay.. he's being taken out on the cart auuuughh..
Just as I was saying to my roommate how I want the Browns to draft Wells, he gets hurt.

Dammit...
I think I heard USC fans celebrating.
just saw - looks like a late hit as well
Quote:

Just as I was saying to my roommate how I want the Browns to draft Wells, he gets hurt.

Dammit...

Really unfortunate. That was probably his last carry of the game if he gets in to the endzone. I hate to say it but it looked like the dreaded liz franc injury from his reaction. Very similar to Kevin Jones reaction when he suffered the same fate. Hopefully it is NOT that. Never want to see a player as talented as Wells suffer an injury that serious. Hopefully he just sprained his foot and he'll be back for USC. That USC game means a lot to the conference.
Most likely, I know I am being selfish, but damn am I ANGRY right now.
ive never been apart of so much deflation, in a 33-0 game
Quote:

I think I heard the excuse coming out of Buckeye fans already

In all seriousness though, I hope Beanie isn't hurt bad. Never like to see a guy get seriously injured.
Sorry to hear about Wells buckeye fans. I couldn't imagine what Pitt would be like without McCoy. Best of luck to him, hopefully he isn't hurt too bad.
The stadium got dead quite. Im bummed out now Why the hell was he in there?!??!?!
Quote:

Quote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. All you do is try to bash OSU. Maybe I should be hell bent on bashing kentucky.
Quote:

wow
Quote:

Come on man. If you lose the best RB in country, I think you atleast have somewhat of an excuse (if it gets to that point). The guy is a monster. It would be like Florida losing Tebow. Hopefully he's fine but we'll see. Probably means Pryor will need to step in to a more prominent role to help pick up some of the slack but for now, save the jabs when one of the best players in the country gets hurt in garbage time.
Quote:

Quote:

wow

I appreciate Top... and hoping he was trying to be funny... if not he just looks like he's been an ass...
Well I don't have Big Ten Network, but ESPN broke into their game to say Wells got hurt already.

Sorry, the kid gets hurt all the time. I just said it last week. He reminds me of Leigh Bodden. I swear every game at some point he comes limping off the field. This time, he didn't even do anything but try to take a handoff. Unbelievable.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

wow

I appreciate Top... and hoping he was trying to be funny... if not he just looks like he's been an ass...

It was half way a joke. It was kind of funny how as soon as the injury happened, the first thing I read was "USC fans are cheering", though.
He's Walking..
Hope its not to serious
Yep.. just showed Wells walking on the sideline.. walking slow and careful tho..
Quote:

He's Walking..

High ankle sprain maybe? Be out a few weeks but wouldn't think it's a major injury if they sent him back out of the locker room.
Quote:

It was half way a joke

all i needed to hear, at least he is being honest
I figured it was meatnt o be a joke - but it was bad taste IMO...
It's not like I said I was glad he's hurt. I did say I hope it's not serious. But, you know that is an excuse waiting to happen if you guys lose to USC.
*Pitt down to Bowling Green at the end of the 3rd.
Quote:

Kirk Herbstreit did call that upset on College Gameday.
East Carolina just cut it to 2 late in the 4th against Va Tech.
Quote:

Quote:

Kirk Herbstreit did call that upset on College Gameday.

This games got me worried. Pitt has got nothing on the ground today and keep turning it over. Got reallly luck on an inadvertant whistle call or they'd be down 10.
East Carolina takes lead over Va Tech with under 2 minutes to go on a blocked punt!
Quote:

East Carolina just cut it to 2 late in the 4th against Va Tech.

Only reason VA Tech is winning is because they blocked a PAT and returned it for 2.

Strike that........ E Carolina just scored! 27-22 Pirates!
OSU wins
I will be stunned if ECU can pull this off. What happened to pitt though?
Not watching OSU anymore, if there's an update on Wells can someone post it?
ECU gets the ball back! This game is over!
Did ya expect anything less?

My alma mater is YSU, but I love my Buckeyes, so it's tough.

East Carolina gets the stop on 4th!!!!!!

Big upset for the ECU Pirates!
Didn't ECU play Va Tech close last year, too?
Wells came back out of the locker room walking and sat on the bench. looks like he is fine If he goes out thats not an excuse but a fact that we lost a huge weapon.

How about Bowling Green? Up by 10 over Pitt!
Quote:

Didn't ECU play Va Tech close last year, too?

They've played each other a few times... and IMO not a really big upset... ECU is a pretty good team and being at home helps.

really surprised at how bad VT's QB looked.
Possibly.... you may be right.

Glad Wells came back out and looks to be ok..... I just think the kid gets dinged up too easily. That's my concern with him. People always talked about Peterson getting hurt. Wells is in the same category, except his are less serious, but more frequent.

GO ECU!!!!!
Quote:

Wandstat's second loss to a MAC team in 3 years, as a ranked team. Blew a game against Ohio on ESPN a few years back.
Now we get to see another "upset", Utah over Michigan!
Quote:

Alright Nas, let's get a prediction from ya for your boys up North today..

What da ya got?
Quote:

Quote:

Alright Nas, let's get a prediction from ya for your boys up North today..

What da ya got?

It's either gonna be really good or really bad.....don't really see anything in the middle.

I expect Michigan to play well and win but opening with a solid team like Utah isn't the best scenario when breaking in a new system. Utes were I believe 9-3 last season and returned their team virtually in tact. Have a solid QB, should be interesting. Think Michigan's defense will keep them in the game until someone on offense makes a few plays. If I had to make a prediction......I'd say..... 34-21 UM.
The team up norths defense will keep them in the game. I dont see them losing to UTAH.
Total yards in the game today

YSU: 75 yards
OSU: 495
Big Ten is 6-0 today.
not a bad day for the Big Ten - I think UM has the toughest test though. Hoping to get it here.
The excesive celebration thing is a load of crock.
Quote:

not a bad day for the Big Ten - I think UM has the toughest test though. Hoping to get it here.

I believe it's on ESPN2 if you don't get it on ABC.
Quote:

The excesive celebration thing is a load of crock.

That didn't seem too excessive to me...
Quote:

Quote:

Wandstat's second loss to a MAC team in 3 years, as a ranked team. Blew a game against Ohio on ESPN a few years back.

My first college football game!

Unfortunately that's the ONLY time Peden Stadium has felt like a real college stadium.

I remember how awesome everyone felt afterward...it was amazing. Many a couch were set on fire that night.
Quote:

Wasn't my first but I was at that game. The funniest part about it was the opening kickoff. Thankfully OU's defense shut it down.

Speaking of the Bobcats, they're up 17-14 on Wyoming in the 2nd. 1st and 10 in the redzone looking for more. QB Theo Scott has looked very good. Cal transfer.
Quote:

Don't forget about Michigan State on the road tonite vs. Cal...

Be interesting to see if Dantonio and Co. can get out of Berkeley with win.
My spot card has MSU getting 6 points.. Thats tempting..
Good news, X-rays negative on Wells. Hopefully he'll be 100% against USC.
Sometimes I can't figure U out Nas.. The dratted wolverine has to be nice.. phooey.. now I can't smack you
Quote:

Sometimes I can't figure U out Nas.. The dratted wolverine has to be nice.. phooey.. now I can't smack you

I'll talk a lot of smack team vs. team but I'm surely not cheering for 20 year old kids to get injured. ESPECIALLY in a completely worthless game. I do have a soul, even if it is a tainted one.

Plus, the Big Ten really needs that USC game, so everyone can shut the hell up about the conference. By the way, why does the ACC get a free pass? They are freakin TERRIBLE.
I had a dream last night, I was Savage and I traded DA and a 3rd to move up and get Beanie.. No more pizza right before bedtime for me.
TD Meetchicken
Talk about making making it interesting.

Geez guys. Gonna have a heart attack in the 1st game. 3 and out. Fumble recovery. INT. Called back by pass interference. TD.
Quote:

Quote:

Wasn't my first but I was at that game. The funniest part about it was the opening kickoff. Thankfully OU's defense shut it down.

Speaking of the Bobcats, they're up 17-14 on Wyoming in the 2nd. 1st and 10 in the redzone looking for more. QB Theo Scott has looked very good. Cal transfer.

Remember the tall guy who ran onto the field in his boxers and climbed the goal posts?

One of my friends, went to high school with him. LOL

BG beat Pitt! Brown and Orange is triumphant at Heinz Field. (that's my way of rationalizing it)
Quote:

BG beat Pitt! Brown and Orange is triumphant at Heinz Field. (that's my way of rationalizing it)

I was watching that game. This is the second year in a row that the MAC school knocked off a major conferance opponent on in their first game. last year they beat Minnesota. Pitts defense was kicking butt with their blitz. But they went to the well way too many times. Schools like BG win because of smart coaching. I was thinking that BG has to know Pitt is blitzing so they need to call a screen or a draw to catch them off gaurd to seal the win. Sure enough.

Did you see that excessive celebration after that sack by Briggs? I thought that was a BS call. I would like to see more of Briggs. He might be worth a look at in the future as a tweener 3-4 OLB/DE. But he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE. But like I said, I have to see him play more and might check out his physical attributes and stats. He did a pretty good job getting to the QB against a Big East o-line. If he is under the radar he might be an UDFA that would be worth a look for the right defense. Im not even a huge college football fan but I like to play "couch GM". Im not even sure if the guy is coming out this year.

I did like that 54 yard FG I saw during the Ohio St. game. That would have made it well over 60 yards. Hopefully Wells is alright. OSUs o-line made it an easy day for the offense for the most part. They say college football doesnt have a preseason. This was pretty much a glorified practice for OSU that gave his former school more money then they could get for any other game. I wish YSU would have stuck with Rowan at QB a little more. This kid has been lighting it up in practice the past few years but never got a chance to play because of the upper classmen. But if the coaches felt he was better, they would have played the underclassmen anyways.

I would like to see more of
Quote:

Quote:

I was on the field at Toledo when Pitt was ranked 9th in the country and we upset them, it was great. Dont know if Dave was the coach then or not.
Quote:

Besides being a UM fan Nas is one of my favorite posters on here and really knows his college ball... plus he's a true Big Ten fan in that he'll always cheer big ten 1st... I'm always torn with UM... I'd like for them to win for the conference, but can't really cheer for them
Quote:

Quote:

Besides being a UM fan Nas is one of my favorite posters on here and really knows his college ball... plus he's a true Big Ten fan in that he'll always cheer big ten 1st... I'm always torn with UM... I'd like for them to win for the conference, but can't really cheer for them

My buddy was just over here, and he is an OSU fan, and I asked him the same question... Would you rather Michigan lose every game, or lose only one game a year, to Ohio State?

He couldn't really answer. Because he loves to see Michigan lose, but would like them to win, so OSU's strength of schedule is better.
I think I'd rather them win every game except against us...

But really I'd like to see more big ten teams win out of conference.. because I'm tired of everyone saying how bad the Big Ten sucks.
Still a one score game but Michigan clearly can't win this game on offense. Defense has been decent but it needs to get some TO's. Bend but don't break has held them to some FG's but takeaways and field position is going to win it. Defense has been on the field WAYYYYYYYY to much in the first half though. Sheridan should have about 4 INT's right now. Keeps trying to make the difficult throw and misses when a guy does comes open. QB play is clearly going to be the achilles heel.
P.S. Game Over.

Offense isn't putting up 21+ in the second half, which is probably what it would take to win this one. After seeing the QB play, Mallett transferring definitely set us back a year here. A seasoned QB with a strong arm and this offense would probably look a lot better.

Defense is WORN OUT. Had the ball for 2/3 of that half.....probably running twice as many plays if I had to take a guess.
I don't have the game on here, they're playing USC.

But damn Nas, opening season upset 2 years in a row? As much as I hate Michigan, I hate seeing the Big Ten getting ripped on. I don't want to hear it from SEC fans, critics, etc if they fall.
Quote:

I don't have the game on here, they're playing USC.

But damn Nas, opening season upset 2 years in a row? As much as I hate Michigan, I hate seeing the Big Ten getting ripped on. I don't want to hear it from SEC fans, critics, etc if they fall.

I don't know how much of an upset this is. Utah was 9-3 last year and returned everyone. Teams were thought to be pretty evenly matched. QB play has been the difference. Utah has a 5th year senior who's been on the money all game and Michigan has a 1st year starter who clearly isn't that great. I would probably adjust my season expectation from 8-4 to 7-5 after seeing this game. This is a great offense, as Utah is showing but you need the QB to make it work.
I agree - I don't see this as an upset at all... Utah is a very good team and UM has an entirely new offense... tough match-up.
J/C,

At OSU we have gotten spoiled with our good kickers, but good grief, this Sakoda guy for Utah can really kick..

He absolutely drilled that 53 yarder..
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I was on the field at Toledo when Pitt was ranked 9th in the country and we upset them, it was great. Dont know if Dave was the coach then or not.

No way was Dave the coach. He hasn't done anything here. Hasn't taken us to a bowl or anything.
I agree - you'd have to think he'd be a Groza finalist - wow.
Michigan with a chance to tie it up.... miss the 2pt conversion.
One last chance for meatchicken
Many long faces in the big house.
Not a good throw for Threet in that situation. He had some good throws and then some really questionable throws. They're in trouble this year at QB.
Defense thought the game started at 4:45.

If Michigan can get average to above average QB play, their defense will surely win them some games. Can't miss a guy wide open on 4th down. Basic throw and catch.

Probably stick to 7-5 after watching this game. Make a bowl and try to find a frosh in '09 who's ready to play QB.
Sorry nas but michigan is in for a long season. Chad Henne was huge part of michigans offense last year.
I do enjoy seeing Rodriguez all sad walking off the field, though.

Just like his players and fans he left in West Virginia.
Quote:

Sorry nas but michigan is in for a long season. Chad Henne was huge part of michigans offense last year.

After watching this game and looking at their schedule, they should have 4 easy wins: Miami (OH), @ND, Toledo, @Minnesota.

I don't think they've got the talent to beat Wisconsin, Illinois, and @Ohio State.

The real test of this year will be the close games: @PSU, MSU, @Purdue, and Northwestern.
j/c...

I don't think Michigan is in for a long year. A long year by Michigan standards? Maybe. But, they showed some heart today, and I think they'll finish around 7 or 8 wins, and get into a bowl game.
Quote:

their defense will surely win them some games.

I don't know, when Utah was playing serious (trying to score, no stupid penalties), they were moving the ball at will. The Utes tried their best to give the game away and still prevailed.

Michigan's playcalling was atrocious. It's like Michigan was deliberately playing into the defensive strong points and daring Utah to stop them....which they did. Utah found Michigan's weak points and exploited them....no adjustments were made to those 8-15 yard passes. Why Utah abandoned that strategy late in the game I'll never know....it's like that interception changed their game plan. Those receivers were still wide open from what I could see on TV.
Fantastic defense in the second half nas! If ya'll get a QB I think you'll be alright... Treet or whatever his name is could be pretty good... he had some decent throws today but just too many mistakes by both teams.
Quote:

j/c...

I don't think Michigan is in for a long year. A long year by Michigan standards? Maybe. But, they showed some heart today, and I think they'll finish around 7 or 8 wins, and get into a bowl game.

I agree... it's not up to Michigan standards per se, but even their fans have ot know that it's a transition year... I see 7 or 8 wins as well which is a solid year. They were talking about the possibility of a losing season during the game and I just don't see it. Their defense is solid and they have talent on offense... their QB situation needs to improve and they just have to leanr the system better.
Quote:

Quote:

their defense will surely win them some games.

I don't know, when Utah was playing serious (trying to score, no stupid penalties), they were moving the ball at will. The Utes tried their best to give the game away and still prevailed.

LOL. When they were "playing serious"? Are U serious? Probably the funniest comment I've seen in some time. So Utah was thinking...."ok, this is only a 1 score game, not quite time to start playing serious again." Come on man.

Michigan's defense pretty much imposed it's will on Utah with its' halftime adjustments. The stupid decision by Sheridan at the end of the half is what cost them the game. 15-10 at half and they don't have to play catch up.

Play calling wasn't the problem, decision making was. Both QB's seemingly decided where the ball was going before it was snapped. No read and react at all. 4th down play was a microcosm. Threet locked on to the out while the seam route came wide open on a busted coverage. Wasn't a DB within 10 yards of the slot receiver but Threet decided before the ball was snapped that it was going to the outside guy. Those things happen with inexperience.

From what I saw in the second half, it wasn't all that disappointing. If Michigan's defense plays at or near that level they're a top 20 or so team if they can get decent QB play. With it, they're good enough to beat someone they shouldn't.....without it, they're going to lose close games to good teams (which they did today) and probably take a few 2 score beatings. All in all, about what I expected. Thought the defense would keep the offense in it.....if they had made a few more plays, they would have won. Probably going to be the formula from here on out. D will keep it close and the offense will win or lose the game late.
I'm curious as to what you thought of UM's OLine and blocking.. Utah was camping out in the backfield, setting up tents and starting bonfires at will.
Quote:

I'm curious as to what you thought of UM's OLine and blocking.. Utah was camping out in the backfield, setting up tents and starting bonfires at will.

Well, they're VERY green. Only 1 guy with any playing experience. Thought protection would be average and that's about what it was. They'll get better as the season progresses.

All phases of the game were pretty close to what I expected, with the exception of the QB play. Thought it would be a bit better then it was.

Going in to this game I thought Michigan would win but I also thought they surely could lose (hence the -3 line). Utah is a solid team that was just barely better. Even so...with better execution, the wins I expected (7 or 8) will be there.
Well.. I think youre being a bit kind to that Oline.. If I'm RichRod, I'm having a meeting with the Line Coach 8 am Monday morning.

Anyhoo.. just for FYI, my bookies spot card had Utah getting 6 points..
Wins: Miami (OH), @ND, Toledo, @Minnesota, @PSU (for some reason michigan owns them), Northwestern

Losses: Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio State, MSU, @Purdue
Quote:

LOL. When they were "playing serious"? Are U serious? Probably the funniest comment I've seen in some time. So Utah was thinking...."ok, this is only a 1 score game, not quite time to start playing serious again." Come on man.

Glad I could amuse you on this sad day.

You honestly don't think Utah went into a "prevent" offense after that interception? Those same receivers were open that were open earlier (at least on the plays that we actually got a camera view). Johnson just hung onto the ball.....and with the stupid penalties, Michigan was let back into the game.
BTW.. Cal / MSU just got underway, I'll take MSU and the 6 points thanks.

3 games in a row for me.. Boy howdy, have I missed football LOL..
The line looked terrible, but being a enw system and a bunch of new guys it's what was to be expected...
Quote:

BTW.. Cal / MSU just got underway, I'll take MSU and the 6 points thanks.

I'll take Cal minus the 6 points. In fact, I did take Cal minus the 6 points. I'm already 4 for 4 today with Utah +3, BGSU +14 1/2, Florida -35 1/2, and USC -20 1/2.

Give me 6 for 6 on the day with Cal -6, and Clemson -4 1/2
I'm not sure who I want to win this Clemson Bama game... I don't like Saban at all, but I think Bama winning is good for college ball.

Solid game so far.
I gotta go against the SEC in that one. Monday is more important than my SEC homerism
Anyone excited for this Missou / Illinois game? Hard not to like Juice and Co. being in Illinois. They're my adopted team.

Should be plenty of points in this one.
Nas I thought you were a scUM fan?? Anyway, from everything I am hearing on Beanie is that he has some sort of sprain on the top of his foot. They say he'll probably miss next week for precautionary reasons, but will most likely suit up against U$C.

I hope so, because after watching U$C it's going to take everyting we have to beat them in SoCal.
Totally forgot about that game!!!

Bama is looking very strong so far.... I can't believe how much young talent they havel... seems like every big play is done by a freshman
Quote:

Totally forgot about that game!!!

Bama is looking very strong so far.... I can't believe how much young talent they havel... seems like every big play is done by a freshman

Yeah, never understood Saban's appeal, especially for these younger guys but he sure as hell can recruit. Always came off as a used car salesmen to me.
Man I feel stupid....I had clemson playing OSU in the national championship game.
I picked bama. Clemson to me is always talked up as being tough and they always choke.
Your right, bowden has no excuses. This is the most talented team hes ever had.
well they've only got 1 returning OL
The best teams in the big 10 are geting their asses served to them.
Quote:

OSU won by 43

haha - yeah, thought Illinosis would have played better... but Mizzou is a really good team. Should make it to the Big 12 championship game again
Juice Williams will be great if he can develop touch on his passes.
Quote:

Missouri is no joke. Thought Illinois would have shown better but Missou was one of the best teams in the country last year. Returned 10 starters on defense and I believe 8-9 on offense. After seeing them play against Illinois, I would not be surprised to see them in the title game. Chase Daniel is just unbelievable. If their defense can hold it together like they did last night, the offense is going to surely score enough points.

They were the most impressive team I saw yesterday and it was by a lot.
Yea, its always impressive when your defense gives up 42 points.

Their offense looked good, thats it.
Quote:

Yea, its always impressive when your defense gives up 42 points.

Their offense looked good, thats it.

Hey, not everyone can play YSU.

The defense made plays when it had to, which is really all you need to have happen when your offense is virtually unstoppable. Illinois will probably be one of the best defensive teams in the Big 10 and Missou dropped 52 on them. As for the 42 points they gave up (which I didn't even realize.....shut it off and went to bed after it was 52-35), chalk that last TD up to the game being over. Not saying that giving up 35 is great but when you expect to get 40+ from your offense, if you keep it around 30, you're probably going to win every game.

The thing that impressed me so much about Missouri was their balance. Sure, the can air it out but they're also going to be one of the best running teams as well. Tacked on 200+ on the ground to go along with 300+ through the air. To drop 52 points and 550 yards on a team as good as Illinois, while not even playing your best game, is pretty eye opening. Unless 10 point wins (even with a late TD), on a neutral field, against a top 15-20 team is no longer worth much.

As for Illinois, they'll be fine in the Big 10. Juice was damn good last night, he just made 2 mistakes. He'll settle in and be a great QB IMO. Probably come down to OSU and Illinois for the Big Ten title.
Anyone hear Mark May ripping on OSU again yesterday... he and Lou were asked if there was any team out there that could go undeafeated and Lou said the only undeafeated team would be the winner of the USC/OSU game and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....
This to me puts so much more on the USC game because I can't stand this guy! The other guy whose name is alluding me right now interjected right after he said "maybe Buckeyes fans didn't" and said now what hold on... and then May continued... maybe ESPN is trying to get him to lay off the Buckeye bashing because the guy who stepped in clearly knew where this was headed.
OSU is not the only thing this idiot bashes,....I just tune him out. Woody (or Bruce ?) must not have recruited him or something.
Quote:

Man I feel stupid....I had clemson playing OSU in the national championship game.

Is it possible for the ACC to be any worse? Good Lord....

Clemson gets pounded, it's not that they lost to a good SEC team, but they got pounded and they were supposed to win the ACC (and still might)

Va Tech, who was picked to win the ACC if Clemson didn't, gets beat by East Carolina....

UNC who is supposed to be an up and coming team and compete to win its division has to come from behind late to beat McNeese State...

UVA, who I didn't expect to win or even keep it really close with USC, but they didn't even show up...

Maryland puts up a whopping 14 points against Delaware...

NC State showed up for the first half but has to have the most anemic offense in the world and gets shut out by South Carolina...

Heck the team that looked the best in week 1 might have been Duke... and that's just sad right there.
Ya, Duke and football go together like oil and water....
Kentucky up 10-0 on Loserville at halftime. Go Cats!
Must be that QB from Ohio,...
Hartline has looked good so far, for being a Sophomore in his first start. The only thing I've noticed, is it looks like he's afraid to audible. That could be something the coaches want to keep him from doing, I don't know, but it seems like he has been running our RB's right into a blitz that was obvious it's coming.

Maybe the coaches don't want him to audible at the line? I don't know. But, it'll get better with experience, I hope.
As a soph with little experience, I would agree it's a coaching thing; so you gotta wonder if he audibled much in high school,...?
Quote:

Anyone hear Mark May ripping on OSU again yesterday... he and Lou were asked if there was any team out there that could go undeafeated and Lou said the only undeafeated team would be the winner of the USC/OSU game and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....
This to me puts so much more on the USC game because I can't stand this guy! The other guy whose name is alluding me right now interjected right after he said "maybe Buckeyes fans didn't" and said now what hold on... and then May continued... maybe ESPN is trying to get him to lay off the Buckeye bashing because the guy who stepped in clearly knew where this was headed.

Dude, this stuff with Mark May has been going on since 02. He literally picked the Buckeyes to lose like 4 different times that year. Obviously, we brought home the Crystal that year...

It actually used to be a lot worse on ESPN before Trev Alberts got canned. Those two as a team were just ridiculous. All in all, who really cares what Mark May thinks? The fact of the matter is that the BigTen IS weak right now, and that kind of snowballs into his thoughts about us. Hell, without OSU, the conference would be in absoulute shambles. And trust me, I hate saying that, but it's the truth right now. Hopefully some of these other programs in the BigTen will rise to our level...
I was speculating on May earlier, re "recruiting," but I'm sure I heard Trev actually state on ESPN that he got "overlooked by Iowa" on his way to Nebraska,....hence his disdain for The Big Ten.
If you like a defensive (or bad offensive) game, this Kentucky vs. Loserville game is the game for you. UK is up 10-2 in the 4th. 3 total points by either offense. UK has a FG, and a fumble return for a TD. Loserville has a safety. LOL.
I have been flipping back and forth...

One of the most boring games I can remember watching in a long time..

Louisville is absolutely HORRIFIC!
Is it great defense or horrible offense?
Quote:

Hartline

Is he Brian Hartline's brother?
Quote:

Quote:

Hartline

Is he Brian Hartline's brother?

Yeah.
Quote:

Is it great defense or horrible offense?

A little bit of both.
Loservilles offense is just flat out terrible.

Off topic here but Jaamal Berry has committed to Ohio State over scholarship offers from Florida, Ole Miss, Michigan, LSU and many others across the country. Hes the #1 rated RB in the 2009 recruiting class.
LOL at Myron Pryor returning a fumble 72-yards for a TD!
The rich get richer
Louisvilles QB is horrible. Hes not even close to being accurate.
Quote:

Hes the #1 rated RB in the 2009 recruiting class.

#6 according to Rivals but still a very good player. Think he might be #5 on Scout?

I don't know all the guys ahead of him but I know Bryce Brown is the consensus #1 RB. I believe he's committed to the 'Canes?
The ESPN 150 has him rated #1. Your right about bryce brown.

Thunder= Carlos Hyde
Lightning= Jaamal Berry
Quote:

The ESPN 150 has him rated #1. Your right about bryce brown.

Yeah, ESPN's scouting services aren't quite as good as Scout/Rivals. They're not terrible but they are all over the place with their rankings.

Not downgrading Berry, he's a hell of a player (4-star by both Scout and Rivals) and a really nice get for OSU but there's no way he's a better prospect then Brown. Even at 17, Brown could be an every down college back. Guy has just special talent. So physically gifted. He rushed for 2,000 yards..... as a sophomore. Still can't figure out how a kid from Kansas would want to go to the 'Canes though?

Brown was at the Dallas Fort Worth camp, measured in at 5'11' 1/2 (215 LBS) and went out and ran a 4.35 40. How is that even fair? A kid with that solid of a body, as a HS junior and that fast. Sheesh. In his HS career he has 5,336 yards and 61 TD's.....with his senior year to go.
TMR night has an interesting game.. TN / UCLA. at 8 pm. I think I'll have dinner done and all the work put to bed and settle down to watch that un..
Quote:

and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....

I bet Youngstown State could give UVA a game...
Quote:

Quote:

and Mark May said "Did you see USC play today? Maybe Buckeyes fan didn't. Ohio State played Youngstown State and USC went across the nation into the ACC and played a real football team. A legitimate D-1 football team" or something to that nature....

yeah i heard when mark may said that

what he didn't point out is that jim tressel was rotating his first and second teams in all game, so they wouldn't have looked as flashy, plus he doesn't run it up like pete carroll loves to....

usc kept their guys in pretty much the whole game, well into the 4th, anyways...

it's pretty obvious mark may dislikes teams in the big ten... i remember when he tried spewing the whole "the big east is better than the big ten!" garbo a season or two ago

yeah mark, yeah.
Quote:

Quote:

I have a hard time putting ACC and real football in the same sentence. *Well, obviously other than I just did.*
I always have a problem when someone says that an announcer or commentator has a bias against one team or league. It's hardly ever the case, in reality.

Except in this case. Mark May (and as someone else said Trev Alberts when he was on) has a definite hard-on against the Big Ten and OSU in particular.

Hey, he's a West Coast guy. I can understand that (see Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio). But don't try and deny it. My dream episode on ESPN would be Mark May throwing some ridiculous crap out on the airwaves and then Lou Holtz saying " Mark, why don't you stfu?"

A guy can dream, can't he?
Actually May is an ex Pitt Panther.

And a complete douchebag.
Quote:

Louisvilles QB is horrible. Hes not even close to being accurate.

A good friend of the family, Tony Alford (born in Kent), is the RB coach for Louisville and I am sure he's not happy with the way the Cardinals performed today. His brother Aaron, is the DB coach for Utah who got that great win against Michigan. Their mom and dad travelled to Ann Arbor for the Utah game then went to Kentucky the next night. A high and a low for the Alford family. If Louisville continues this way, it's gonna be a looooong season for them.
Quote:

Lou Holtz saying " Mark, why don't you stfu?"

Quote:

Quote:

Lou Holtz saying " Mark, why don't you stfu?"

Did anyone see that Dr. Lou spot ESPN did......

To quote Dumb and Dumber....

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!".......Umm. Not.

Listening to that guy swish his saliva around makes me want to go step in front of on coming traffic. He and Mark May need to go join a cult. If you know what I'm saying.

Still can't believe Holtz said Notre Dame would win 11 games this year.
j/c...

UCLA's 18 seconds from taking down Tennessee...

Edit: Last second FG. Going to OT...
Quote:

j/c...

UCLA's 18 seconds from taking down Tennessee...

GAME of the WEEK for WEEK ONE!!

OT on the way!!
Wow Tennessee misses 34 yard FG in OT to lose!
Crompton didn't play all that well, except for the drive to tie the game, and the OL didn't protect very well the entire game.

This is one reason why I said that UT wasn't as good as everybody thought they would be.
I see Lloyd Carr officially passed the baton to Philip Fulmer.
Quote:

I see Lloyd Carr officially passed the baton to Philip Fulmer.

Thank Gawd I finished the choco milk before I read that.. LOL..
© DawgTalkers.net