DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Alpoe19 Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 03/14/09 06:39 PM
TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say former professional wrestler Andrew Martin, who was known as "Test" and "The Punisher" to fans, has died at his Tampa home. He was 33.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment champion was found dead at his apartment Friday night. Police say a neighbor reported that she could see into his apartment window and that Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Police say there was no indication of foul play. A cause of death will be determined after an autopsy.

During his time with Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment, Martin held the Intercontinental, European and Hardcore belts. He was also a tag-team champion.

Martin most recently worked for TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3980073
Posted By: Cyberdawg4h Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 03/16/09 02:16 AM
Slowly shaking my head.... boy I wish I could read one of these and find that someone passed from old age instead of "insert drug related health problem or undetermined reason because we don't want to make it look bad" here...

Enough is enough...
Posted By: DevilDawg Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 03/16/09 11:47 AM
Big shocker here...
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 04:50 AM
I find your comment rude in a way. Why? Pro Wrestlers are extreme and talented athletes and I am not talking the gimmick they do to make their shows come across as soap opera's. They work hard and they bust their ass, something most of us cannot do. They are dedicated to what they do, work hard and are athletes. Don't hate on a person in which you could never achieve. It is easy to throw stones, but I bet you do not live in a glass house. Think of his family and even friends, human loss is not a joke since we will all die, I wish the best for his family and friends, his life was cut short for whatever reason, but to make light of it, reflects on you not the person who passed on. Value life since each and everyone doesn't know what can happen daily.
Posted By: Tyler_Derden Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 05:01 AM
And the life expectancy for WWE "athlete's" is rapidly shrinking......

I just can't understand the lengths some people will go for fame and fortune...Destroy your body with loads of steroids and pain killers for the short-lived glory of being a "champion" in a scripted, fake sport......

I mean....really?!?

I suppose I shouldn't talk though.....I guess I would say you can keep the fame and fortune, keep the steroids, but damn, I'll take the pain killers..
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 06:43 AM
I think that it's a combination of many things. I do think that drugs, both pleasure and performance related, do likely have an impact on them physically. They also have a job that requires almost constant work/travel/work/travel/work/travel ..... with no time for recuperation and an atmosphere that encourages wrestlers to ignore "minor" injuries and health concerns. I have read stuff about wrestlers who were in such bad shape because of a bad bump that they had to be held in place by the other wrestler for the "pin". That type of stuff cannot be healthy. If a wrestler blows out a knee, then he has to take time off, but I bet that if he causes himself internal injuries that cause major problems, then many of those can go undetected until it's too late.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:02 AM
Quote:

I think that it's a combination of many things. I do think that drugs, both pleasure and performance related, do likely have an impact on them physically. They also have a job that requires almost constant work/travel/work/travel/work/travel ..... with no time for recuperation and an atmosphere that encourages wrestlers to ignore "minor" injuries and health concerns. I have read stuff about wrestlers who were in such bad shape because of a bad bump that they had to be held in place by the other wrestler for the "pin". That type of stuff cannot be healthy. If a wrestler blows out a knee, then he has to take time off, but I bet that if he causes himself internal injuries that cause major problems, then many of those can go undetected until it's too late.

To add the plots in Pro Wrestling are off the chart fake for the most part, but the bumps and grinds as you mentioned are real. These people dedicated themselves to the profession because of choice, no one wants to die, but look at the Von Eriks (sp) and Rick Flairs kid and now Test. They put their bodies through hell and pay the piper. I couldn't do it but do respect those who have. they are athletes who walk a tight schedule and I respect it. It is their choice but also respect them too... Great athletes so forget the "plot" but these men who I respect but it but put out there in that ring, many of us would never do that. I wish his family well.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 12:07 PM
Whay was Test's death thread from 2009 bumped? That seems extremely odd.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 12:55 PM
Quote:

Whay was Test's death thread from 2009 bumped? That seems extremely odd.

What's even more odd is that somebody's going back 4 years and reading the crap we wrote.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 01:09 PM
Posted By: Arps Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 02:09 PM
Does anyone follow the Iron Sheik on Twitter...talk about off the reservation.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 02:16 PM
Wow. I didn't even realize that. lol I thought another guy had passed away.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:12 PM
Don't ask me I didn't create the post nor was I around so it was new to me. I was making more of a generlized statement on how these guys are athletes and entertainers but the point was the strain they put through their bodies is downright dangerous.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:14 PM
I have. If I remember correctly it was last year and he is still bitter about losing the title and still challenges Hogan. The dude has smoked way to much weed.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:44 PM
Quote:

I have. If I remember correctly it was last year and he is still bitter about losing the title and still challenges Hogan. The dude has smoked way to much weed.

His supplier?

Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:45 PM
You need a hobby.
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:52 PM
I remember when I thought WWF(E) was cool.......then I turned 13.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 07:53 PM
Quote:

Quote:

His supplier?

Nope, have I smoked weed? Yep, but I did it when I was young, like 30 years ago and it wasn't my gig. I don't judge, people can do whatever they want. It wasn't for me, but for others the like it. To each their own and I have too much to lose to even think about smoking that stuff at my age and for what I own.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:03 PM
That was a bit harsh and judgmental but I haven't read his comments before though will state this don't judge unless you want to be judged since we all make mistakes it's how we learn and accept or handle those mistakes is what matters most. Life is too short and I am not one to throw stones in a glass house.My point is I most likely will never meet the poster but how he lives his life is on him, I choose to live my life different. We all have demons in one way or another, it's how you as a person handle and deal with them is what matters

I deal with addiction all the time since I am a councilor and though I have to follow HIPAA standards HIPAA I have to watch what I say but if I could I could tell stories that would blow a lot of people away.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:07 PM
I am not a former "user" I like beer and have no issue with people who do drink. Moderation is a major issue I have to stress. It is tough but I am tough so if I can help just one person out of lets say 100, I succeeded. I seen people that you may not even be able to imagine.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:09 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:17 PM
That is good in my opinion, but I have to watch what I say. Click the link, maybe that will explain what I was trying to state. I word things wrong at times but have to be careful, privacy is something I need to watch. Sorry to confuse my fellow Browns fan.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:20 PM
I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest.

I have no idea what HIPPA laws have to do with that.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:27 PM
HIPAA is more on me since I have to watch what I say. Again sorry to confuse, but I can go on tangents and felt the need to clarify. Sorry I was confusing my friend.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:34 PM
Quote:

I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest .

You have me confused with someone else? This is the first time I've mentioned this guy outside of the "Armonty Bryant got arrested for DUI" thread.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:42 PM
Quote:

I find your comment rude in a way. Why? Pro Wrestlers are extreme and talented athletes and I am not talking the gimmick they do to make their shows come across as soap opera's. They work hard and they bust their ass, something most of us cannot do. They are dedicated to what they do, work hard and are athletes. Don't hate on a person in which you could never achieve. It is easy to throw stones, but I bet you do not live in a glass house. Think of his family and even friends, human loss is not a joke since we will all die, I wish the best for his family and friends, his life was cut short for whatever reason, but to make light of it, reflects on you not the person who passed on. Value life since each and everyone doesn't know what can happen daily.

You might rethink your comments if you knew DevilDawgs past.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 08:47 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest .

You have me confused with someone else? This is the first time I've mentioned this guy outside of the "Armonty Bryant got arrested for DUI" thread.

OVI. DUI's are non existent and it is that way to give the police more say in the matter who they think is driving impaired compared to driving under the influence. I am being somewhat technical here but I am also trying to teach as well. Big difference, our countries laws are a mess, they take OVI's serious but want to make some area's open container which does nothing then give people a bigger opportunity to screw up. Sad in my book.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 09:08 PM
Quote:

I deal with addiction all the time since I am a councilor and though I have to follow HIPAA standards HIPAA I have to watch what I say but if I could I could tell stories that would blow a lot of people away.

Lol. You can tell all the stories you want if you don't post identifiers.

Knock knock

Who's there?

HIPAA

HIPAA who?

I can't tell you
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 09:14 PM
What a weird thread.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 09:22 PM
Better to be safe then sorry. I won't lose my license because of a message board, so I will watch my wording. I have too much to lose and respect that since I could be talking to a patient and not realize it. I know my role and will NOT throw someone under the bus, sort of speak.
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 09:39 PM
So out of curiosity, why did you bring back a 4 year old thread? So very confused

Ok, never mind,, sounds like you took issue with wrestlers being athletes and what not, as you were
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:02 PM
I didn't create the thread just responded to the comments towards Test, I did not know he passed since I haven't followed Pro Wrestling in years. I had no idea Test passed my friend. Sorry you thought as if I made it a topic, but the last time I watched wresting Harley Race was the champ. They are incredible athletes that was my point.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:03 PM
It is all good no harm no foul.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:19 PM
Quote:

I didn't create the thread just responded to the comments towards Test, I did not know he passed since I haven't followed Pro Wrestling in years. I had no idea Test passed my friend. Sorry you thought as if I made it a topic, but the last time I watched wresting Harley Race was the champ. They are incredible athletes that was my point.

You didn't make it a topic, you just resurrected a 4 year old thread, which many including myself, found amusing. Have you been browsing back through the last 4 years of messages Wish I had that kind of time on my hands
Posted By: IRE 45 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:23 PM
Wrastlin , beer drinkin and weed .... has there been a trailer park refrence that I missed ? What a strange thread .
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:27 PM
Nope. I stumbled across this site. I read Dawgchat, Dawgbones and a few others not to go into detail, but came a cross this site and it looked as if you peeps seem smart. I can leave if you want that, I won't sweat it one bit, but decided it was for me. I'll leave if you fans want me too. No sweat off my back, I do not intent to offend so you tell me what you want me to do. I am open minded but love the Browns.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:37 PM
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:41 PM
I don't get your point. it is what is is, funny picture though.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:45 PM
I can only imagine what you think of me from the "airsoft" thread.

The media would have a heyday..........

And in the end, they'd find out nothing other than a dad teaching his daughter about guns.....but that sure wouldn't stop them.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:55 PM
What the hell is going on?
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 10:56 PM
I do not judge. As for airsoft , my 9 year old can shoot. I haven't read your comments but am a firm believer in use and control. I'll check your post out but think we most likey are one the same page. Weapons are not an issue, my issue is with those who have weapons but are not educated. You seem to understand that after this post, it is others I worry about! Peace my Browns friend!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 11:07 PM
Quote:

I can leave if you want that, I won't sweat it one bit, but decided it was for me. I'll leave if you fans want me too. No sweat off my back, I do not intent to offend so you tell me what you want me to do.

If you ask nicely, maybe Throwlong will start a poll as to whether you should leave or not.
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 11:12 PM
Quote:

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/09/13 11:27 PM
OHH! you said Ric Flair's kid! I though you meant Ric Flair.

I thought Ric Flair died 4 years ago and I just hadn't noticed. Sure I think I've seen him since 2009, but it all could have been rebroadcasts of old stuff.

So Ric Flair is not dead. It's a shame about his kid. I never remember seeing a wrestler and being told that's Ric Flair's kid.

Wrestling kind of sucks. But the scariest thing about wrestling, is when they show the shots of the crowd and the middle aged ladies, who are so enthralled in the story, that's the scariest thing about wrestling.

Oh! and the senseless acts of violence that occur because people emulate what they see on T.V. And it's enough to want to boycott any advertiser after some scenes I saw in 2007.

And one of the worst things about wrestling is that Vince McMahon Bought it all! He ruined the back and forth of the top two brands, by trying to monopolize the industry and his brand spotlights on some of the least desireable traits of that kind of show. ( flamboyant characters, lots of time with all talk and no action, and too much time watching dancing doufuses, and characters that don't fit personalities.)
Those are just a few. ( bringing in radio disc jokeys, and pro football players to feature in some of his yearly pay per views, Having too many pay per view gimmic shows, Having staged character weddings, and making the signing of a paper to have a match a feature of any show. )

Ah Phooey!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 01:52 AM
Quote:

Nope. I stumbled across this site. I read Dawgchat, Dawgbones and a few others not to go into detail, but came a cross this site and it looked as if you peeps seem smart. I can leave if you want that, I won't sweat it one bit, but decided it was for me. I'll leave if you fans want me too. No sweat off my back, I do not intent to offend so you tell me what you want me to do. I am open minded but love the Browns.

Hey man, no one wants you to leave. You replied to a thread that last had a reply by DevilDawg on Mon Mar 16 2009 at 07:47 AM. It is over 4 years old - that is what people are amused about. No need to get all up in arms over it - it's just funny when threads come back from the dead. Though I must say this is the most confusing, amusing thread I have seen in a very long time.
Posted By: Annihilator Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 02:22 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Hey man, no one wants you to leave. You replied to a thread that last had a reply by DevilDawg on Mon Mar 16 2009 at 07:47 AM. It is over 4 years old - that is what people are amused about. No need to get all up in arms over it - it's just funny when threads come back from the dead. Though I must say this is the most confusing, amusing thread I have seen in a very long time.

Thanks brother. Now I sound like Hogan. I just do not want to upset others, and if I do I know where the door is. I work with addicts and it sucks to a degree because the majority are not bad, they made mistakes. Somewhere down the line they took the wrong road and for me as a human and doing what I do hurts when others knowing they are not bad people, they just went down a bad road. Thank you for not just caring but thank you for understanding that addiction can be a bitch, I wish all addicts recover but will they? No. Sorry if I offended anyone. Peace my brothers and sisters, I love you all!
Posted By: Arps Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 11:55 AM
I am literally LOL'ing. What is going on around here? Im so confused and amused at the same time. Dont leave Annihilator, but you may want to grow some thicker skin...this is the internets after all.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 01:26 PM
Quote:

Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes. I couldn't believe it.
Posted By: Arps Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 01:29 PM
airplane?
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 01:30 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OVI. DUI's are non existent and it is that way to give the police more say in the matter who they think is driving impaired compared to driving under the influence. I am being somewhat technical here but I am also trying to teach as well. Big difference, our countries laws are a mess, they take OVI's serious but want to make some area's open container which does nothing then give people a bigger opportunity to screw up. Sad in my book.

What does your post have to do with mine that you quoted?
Posted By: TopDawg16 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure this thread is why this emoticon was made....

Posted By: IRE 45 Re: Another Wrestler bites the dust. - 05/10/13 03:38 PM
LOUD NOISES !!!!!
© DawgTalkers.net