Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Alpoe19 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say former professional wrestler Andrew Martin, who was known as "Test" and "The Punisher" to fans, has died at his Tampa home. He was 33.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment champion was found dead at his apartment Friday night. Police say a neighbor reported that she could see into his apartment window and that Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Police say there was no indication of foul play. A cause of death will be determined after an autopsy.

During his time with Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment, Martin held the Intercontinental, European and Hardcore belts. He was also a tag-team champion.

Martin most recently worked for TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3980073

C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Slowly shaking my head.... boy I wish I could read one of these and find that someone passed from old age instead of "insert drug related health problem or undetermined reason because we don't want to make it look bad" here...

Enough is enough...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Big shocker here...

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I find your comment rude in a way. Why? Pro Wrestlers are extreme and talented athletes and I am not talking the gimmick they do to make their shows come across as soap opera's. They work hard and they bust their ass, something most of us cannot do. They are dedicated to what they do, work hard and are athletes. Don't hate on a person in which you could never achieve. It is easy to throw stones, but I bet you do not live in a glass house. Think of his family and even friends, human loss is not a joke since we will all die, I wish the best for his family and friends, his life was cut short for whatever reason, but to make light of it, reflects on you not the person who passed on. Value life since each and everyone doesn't know what can happen daily.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
And the life expectancy for WWE "athlete's" is rapidly shrinking......

I just can't understand the lengths some people will go for fame and fortune...Destroy your body with loads of steroids and pain killers for the short-lived glory of being a "champion" in a scripted, fake sport......

I mean....really?!?

I suppose I shouldn't talk though.....I guess I would say you can keep the fame and fortune, keep the steroids, but damn, I'll take the pain killers..

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Legend
Legend
I think that it's a combination of many things. I do think that drugs, both pleasure and performance related, do likely have an impact on them physically. They also have a job that requires almost constant work/travel/work/travel/work/travel ..... with no time for recuperation and an atmosphere that encourages wrestlers to ignore "minor" injuries and health concerns. I have read stuff about wrestlers who were in such bad shape because of a bad bump that they had to be held in place by the other wrestler for the "pin". That type of stuff cannot be healthy. If a wrestler blows out a knee, then he has to take time off, but I bet that if he causes himself internal injuries that cause major problems, then many of those can go undetected until it's too late.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

I think that it's a combination of many things. I do think that drugs, both pleasure and performance related, do likely have an impact on them physically. They also have a job that requires almost constant work/travel/work/travel/work/travel ..... with no time for recuperation and an atmosphere that encourages wrestlers to ignore "minor" injuries and health concerns. I have read stuff about wrestlers who were in such bad shape because of a bad bump that they had to be held in place by the other wrestler for the "pin". That type of stuff cannot be healthy. If a wrestler blows out a knee, then he has to take time off, but I bet that if he causes himself internal injuries that cause major problems, then many of those can go undetected until it's too late.

To add the plots in Pro Wrestling are off the chart fake for the most part, but the bumps and grinds as you mentioned are real. These people dedicated themselves to the profession because of choice, no one wants to die, but look at the Von Eriks (sp) and Rick Flairs kid and now Test. They put their bodies through hell and pay the piper. I couldn't do it but do respect those who have. they are athletes who walk a tight schedule and I respect it. It is their choice but also respect them too... Great athletes so forget the "plot" but these men who I respect but it but put out there in that ring, many of us would never do that. I wish his family well.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Whay was Test's death thread from 2009 bumped? That seems extremely odd.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Whay was Test's death thread from 2009 bumped? That seems extremely odd.

What's even more odd is that somebody's going back 4 years and reading the crap we wrote.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

#gmstrong
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Does anyone follow the Iron Sheik on Twitter...talk about off the reservation.

Legend
Legend
Wow. I didn't even realize that. lol I thought another guy had passed away.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Don't ask me I didn't create the post nor was I around so it was new to me. I was making more of a generlized statement on how these guys are athletes and entertainers but the point was the strain they put through their bodies is downright dangerous.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I have. If I remember correctly it was last year and he is still bitter about losing the title and still challenges Hogan. The dude has smoked way to much weed.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I have. If I remember correctly it was last year and he is still bitter about losing the title and still challenges Hogan. The dude has smoked way to much weed.

His supplier?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You need a hobby.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember when I thought WWF(E) was cool.......then I turned 13.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

Quote:

His supplier?

Nope, have I smoked weed? Yep, but I did it when I was young, like 30 years ago and it wasn't my gig. I don't judge, people can do whatever they want. It wasn't for me, but for others the like it. To each their own and I have too much to lose to even think about smoking that stuff at my age and for what I own.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
That was a bit harsh and judgmental but I haven't read his comments before though will state this don't judge unless you want to be judged since we all make mistakes it's how we learn and accept or handle those mistakes is what matters most. Life is too short and I am not one to throw stones in a glass house.My point is I most likely will never meet the poster but how he lives his life is on him, I choose to live my life different. We all have demons in one way or another, it's how you as a person handle and deal with them is what matters

I deal with addiction all the time since I am a councilor and though I have to follow HIPAA standards HIPAA I have to watch what I say but if I could I could tell stories that would blow a lot of people away.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I am not a former "user" I like beer and have no issue with people who do drink. Moderation is a major issue I have to stress. It is tough but I am tough so if I can help just one person out of lets say 100, I succeeded. I seen people that you may not even be able to imagine.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
That is good in my opinion, but I have to watch what I say. Click the link, maybe that will explain what I was trying to state. I word things wrong at times but have to be careful, privacy is something I need to watch. Sorry to confuse my fellow Browns fan.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest.

I have no idea what HIPPA laws have to do with that.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
HIPAA is more on me since I have to watch what I say. Again sorry to confuse, but I can go on tangents and felt the need to clarify. Sorry I was confusing my friend.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest .

You have me confused with someone else? This is the first time I've mentioned this guy outside of the "Armonty Bryant got arrested for DUI" thread.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

I find your comment rude in a way. Why? Pro Wrestlers are extreme and talented athletes and I am not talking the gimmick they do to make their shows come across as soap opera's. They work hard and they bust their ass, something most of us cannot do. They are dedicated to what they do, work hard and are athletes. Don't hate on a person in which you could never achieve. It is easy to throw stones, but I bet you do not live in a glass house. Think of his family and even friends, human loss is not a joke since we will all die, I wish the best for his family and friends, his life was cut short for whatever reason, but to make light of it, reflects on you not the person who passed on. Value life since each and everyone doesn't know what can happen daily.

You might rethink your comments if you knew DevilDawgs past.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Quote:

Quote:

I was saying he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest he needs a life due to him constantly bringing up the Armonty Bryant arrest .

You have me confused with someone else? This is the first time I've mentioned this guy outside of the "Armonty Bryant got arrested for DUI" thread.

OVI. DUI's are non existent and it is that way to give the police more say in the matter who they think is driving impaired compared to driving under the influence. I am being somewhat technical here but I am also trying to teach as well. Big difference, our countries laws are a mess, they take OVI's serious but want to make some area's open container which does nothing then give people a bigger opportunity to screw up. Sad in my book.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I deal with addiction all the time since I am a councilor and though I have to follow HIPAA standards HIPAA I have to watch what I say but if I could I could tell stories that would blow a lot of people away.

Lol. You can tell all the stories you want if you don't post identifiers.

Knock knock

Who's there?

HIPAA

HIPAA who?

I can't tell you

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
What a weird thread.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Better to be safe then sorry. I won't lose my license because of a message board, so I will watch my wording. I have too much to lose and respect that since I could be talking to a patient and not realize it. I know my role and will NOT throw someone under the bus, sort of speak.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So out of curiosity, why did you bring back a 4 year old thread? So very confused

Ok, never mind,, sounds like you took issue with wrestlers being athletes and what not, as you were

Last edited by BuckDawg1946; 05/09/13 05:50 PM.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I didn't create the thread just responded to the comments towards Test, I did not know he passed since I haven't followed Pro Wrestling in years. I had no idea Test passed my friend. Sorry you thought as if I made it a topic, but the last time I watched wresting Harley Race was the champ. They are incredible athletes that was my point.

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
It is all good no harm no foul.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I didn't create the thread just responded to the comments towards Test, I did not know he passed since I haven't followed Pro Wrestling in years. I had no idea Test passed my friend. Sorry you thought as if I made it a topic, but the last time I watched wresting Harley Race was the champ. They are incredible athletes that was my point.

You didn't make it a topic, you just resurrected a 4 year old thread, which many including myself, found amusing. Have you been browsing back through the last 4 years of messages Wish I had that kind of time on my hands

#gmstrong
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Wrastlin , beer drinkin and weed .... has there been a trailer park refrence that I missed ? What a strange thread .

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Nope. I stumbled across this site. I read Dawgchat, Dawgbones and a few others not to go into detail, but came a cross this site and it looked as if you peeps seem smart. I can leave if you want that, I won't sweat it one bit, but decided it was for me. I'll leave if you fans want me too. No sweat off my back, I do not intent to offend so you tell me what you want me to do. I am open minded but love the Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
I don't get your point. it is what is is, funny picture though.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I can only imagine what you think of me from the "airsoft" thread.

The media would have a heyday..........

And in the end, they'd find out nothing other than a dad teaching his daughter about guns.....but that sure wouldn't stop them.

Legend
Legend
What the hell is going on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Another Wrestler bites the dust.

Link Copied to Clipboard