DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:34 PM
Awesome.

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/640957491057152000
It just keeps getting better doesn't it? Who needs a line coach, during a transition to a new blocking scheme.... It really must be something in the water up there in Berea. I swear....
Browns suspend offensive line coach Andy Moeller indefinitely
By NATE ULRICH Published: September 7, 2015
The Browns released a statement Monday announcing they have suspended offensive line coach Andy Moeller indefinitely. The statement is below.

Statement from Cleveland Browns Spokesman on Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller

“Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely by the team effective immediately. Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously. We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time.”

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-brow...nitely-1.622185

so..... off to our usual start.......
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:41 PM
Sounds like a DUI or something alcohol related. If it's not one thing, it's another.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:41 PM
now isn't that just dandy?...I believe Moeller has had issue concerning alcohol...might or might not be related.
Posted By: WVDawg54 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:42 PM
Sooooo....... Domestic violence, anyone?

Any other good guesses?
Wow, what a dumpster fire.

Too bad, I really like Mike P. I hope he survives this year.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:43 PM
Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
#Browns OL coach Andy Moeller was suspended 2 games in '11 with #Ravens for drunk driving, fined $47,000
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54

Any other good guesses?

"Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously."

sounds right. sure dont sound like dui.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:46 PM
If it was an arrest, wouldn't it be all over the news by now?
First round draft pick trying to learn 4 or 5 positions on the line.

Three practice squad OL.

No OL coach.

Nice way to kick off the season.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:48 PM
Just another day in Berea....
wtf
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

Three practice squad OL.

No OL coach.

Don't forget we're switching from Shanahans Zone scheme to Flips straight up blocking scheme.... And the guys haven't looked all that good in preseason.... We need all the help we can get to prepare our line in the new scheme....
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

I SWEAR it's something in the water. Arrive in Berea and lose your damned mind......
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:53 PM
Well Pettine is doing a presser today do hopefully he'll address this
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 06:57 PM
rolleyes boo
Well Pettine is doing a presser today do hopefully he'll address this

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 45s45 seconds ago
#Browns HC Mike Pettine said he won't add to statement regarding Andy Moeller. Said assistant OL coach George DeLeone will fill in for Andy.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:02 PM
And the hits just keep on comin...
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:02 PM
This really sucks. I don't think the timing could be worse.
Posted By: mac Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:06 PM
jc...If you are going to a member of the Browns organization, be it owner, management, coaches, players, but especially a Browns fan...you have to have an attitude and belief that "we can overcome ANYTHING".

...this is just another day in Berea..next coach up !
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:08 PM
Our assistant offensive line coach, George DeLeone, has been around forever. Kurt Roper, our senior offensive assistant, should also be helpful. But no matter what, Moeller is the guy for a reason. It sucks that he is an idiot.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:11 PM
This is not horrible news (except for Andy). It's not good, but we've seen a LOT worse happen to us.
guess he coached like a brown? brownie
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:15 PM
Man, reading some of these responses you'd think the the team is tanking the season and all is lost.

Geez, quit cryin and cowboy up already...
Posted By: WVDawg54 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:17 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

It could be.... They could have announced it this Saturday during the walk-through. So, there's that, I guess?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Man, reading some of these responses you'd think the the team is tanking the season and all is lost.

I don't think it affects us much, in fact, let #2 show us something. It's just a dumb ass move, whatever it was.
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

I don't think it affects us much, in fact, let #2 show us something. It's just a dumb ass move, whatever it was.

yea. mccown and johnny are going to make our O-LINE look like crap no matter what anyway.
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

I SWEAR it's something in the water. Arrive in Berea and lose your damned mind......

I kinda think they have to really, really lure people just to make that move & come to Cleveland, so let's just say that sometimes we don't get the cream-of-the-crop type people.

'We get who we can.' eek
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:28 PM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707

yea. mccown and johnny are going to make our O-LINE look like crap no matter what anyway.

Don't be too sure it won't be the other way around. If this "vaunted" o-line doesn't start slowing the pass rush, it won't matter who is taking the snaps.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:29 PM
I'm alright with someone voicing their displeasure. But you rarely have anything positive to say. Like, almost never.

How long have you been a Browns fan?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:30 PM
That was for pblack btw
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:32 PM
Quick reply snafu.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:33 PM
Yep! lol.... I hate that feature - I gotta kick that habit
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:34 PM
Yep! lol.... I hate that feature - I gotta kick that habit

Someone should do a screencast on how to use it. It's really not that hard once you figure it out.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Well of course it couldn't be any worse. Because if it could be... THAT'S what would've happened.

I swear I've said it a dozen times before: this organization seems more addicted to drama than football. If my house ran like this team, we'd be in foreclosure, the house would be on fire, and the cops would be hauling me away in front of my neighbors.

Hey Vers: I'm about as unhappy today as I was when Chud got the s.c.u.d. I really am an equal-opportunity pessimist (no 'regime bias' here, son!)

rofl
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:37 PM
I'm thinking the issue must be pretty serious for them to get in front of it like this.
I'm alright with someone voicing their displeasure. But you rarely have anything positive to say. Like, almost never.

How long have you been a Browns fan?

i watched jim brown play........ and this year i see very little to be positive about. look what happen last time i said something positive. it broke johnnys elbow........
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:41 PM
If you'ree not BSing me all I gotta say is cheer up. Please.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:42 PM
Again, directed to pblack . Geez......
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:44 PM
Choose the person you want to reply to, hit quick reply within the same box as their post. Type your response.
J/C

Turn my head away for just a second...and...sigh...shrug.
That is all I can muster anymore.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:48 PM
What is this internet thing you speak of?

It isn't rocket science smile.
Post like a Brown.
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Post like a Brown.

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:50 PM
Is that true, woof?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:52 PM
Wow am I ever retarded.

Anyways hopefully the coach has a wakeup call with this.
Daryl Ruiter @RuiterWrongFAN
Both Alex Mack & Joe Thomas said veteran leadership will compensate for Moeller suspension
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Post like a Brown.

I LMAO!!
mike freeman ‏ @ mikefreemanNFL 2m 2 minutes ago

If what I'm hearing about the suspended Browns assistant coach is true, will not just be embarrassing for Browns, but entire NFL.

LOL what the heck
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:09 PM
Modern journalism at its finest
Posted By: slick Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:09 PM
Like my father sais. ...Browns games should just be televised on comedy central
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

If what I'm hearing about the suspended Browns assistant coach is true, will not just be embarrassing for Browns, but entire NFL.

LOL what the heck

texting farmer?
Ugh.

Fortunately we have an experienced guy as our assistant OL coach in George Deleone.

Cleveland Browns: George DeLeone
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches/george-deleone/25ac2155-aa2d-4ad4-8af7-8a75951af4ba

In his first season with the Browns, DeLeone worked with LT Joe Thomas, who was selected to his eighth Pro Bowl and was named first team All-Pro by the Associated Press. In addition, DeLeone worked with rookie Joel Bitonio, who started at left guard for all 16 games and played every offensive snap. The offensive line opened holes that helped the Browns finish fourth in the NFL in rushing touchdowns with 17, after tallying only four in 2013.

Prior to the Browns, DeLeone spent three seasons at Connecticut, where he served as offensive coordinator from 2011-12 and associate head coach/offensive line coach in 2013.

DeLeone also coached at Southern Connecticut (1970-79), Rutgers (1980-83), Holy Cross (1984), Syracuse (1985-96 and 1998-2003), Mississippi (2005) and Temple (2006-07).

During his 18 seasons at Syracuse, the Orange played in 12 bowl games, posting an 8-3-1 record. While working with the offensive line at Syracuse, five of his players were drafted in the NFL.

The New Haven, Conn., native graduated from Connecticut with a degree in physical education. He also earned a master's degree in physical education from Southern Connecticut.

George DeLeone’s Coaching Background:

1970-75 Southern Connecticut University, offensive line coach
1976-79 Southern Connecticut University, head coach
1980 Rutgers University, defensive line coach
1981-82 Rutgers University, defensive coordinator/linebackers coach
1983 Rutgers University, offensive line/special teams coach
1984 College of the Holy Cross, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
1985-86 Syracuse University, offensive line coach
1987-96 Syracuse University, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
1997 San Diego Chargers, offensive line coach
1998 Syracuse University, defensive coordinator/linebackers coach
1999 Syracuse University, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
2000 Syracuse University, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
2001-04 Syracuse University, assistant head coach/offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
2005 University of Mississippi, run game coordinator/offensive line coach
2006 Temple University, offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
2007 Temple University, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
2008-10 Miami Dolphins, tight ends coach
2011 University of Connecticut, offensive coordinator/tight ends coach
2012 University of Connecticut, offensive coordinator/offensive line coach
2013 University of Connecticut, associate head coach/offensive line coach
2014- Cleveland Browns, assistant offensive line coach
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Like my father sais. ...Browns games should just be televised on comedy central

With announcers muted and set to the Benny Hill track.
Quote:
Don't forget we're switching from Shanahans Zone scheme to Flips straight up blocking scheme.... And the guys haven't looked all that good in preseason.... We need all the help we can get to prepare our line in the new scheme....

Maybe the reason they didn't look good was because the coach is a piece of crap...

Lets get someone who takes the job serious and teach these guys.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:29 PM

LOL what the heck

I hope he's not going to be Jared's roommate.
Peggy GallekVerified account ‏ @ PeggySinkovich

Fox 8 I-Team learned Berea police investigating Andrew Moeller for an alleged assault that happened this weekend.
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
Originally Posted By: WVDawg54

Any other good guesses?

"Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously."

sounds right. sure dont sound like dui.

Peggy Gallek ‏@PeggySinkovich 8m8 minutes ago
Fox 8 I-Team learned Berea police investigating Andrew Moeller for an alleged assault that happened this weekend.

NFL RUMORS: Cleveland Browns Suspend Andy Moeller Due To Assault Investigation

The Cleveland Browns announced on Sunday that they had suspended offensive line coach Andy Moeller indefinitely. While the news was unexpected, it wasn't entirely surprising considering Moeller's history of team and league violations. Moeller was also suspended in 2011 when he was a member of the Baltimore Ravens for driving under the influence. He ultimately lost two games of work and $47,000. It seems, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports, that Moeller's latest suspension comes as a result of an assault investigation.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/127087/2015...vestigation.htm
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:47 PM
The guy probably got drunk and started to grope a few women at the Eastland Inn.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:49 PM
I believe the saddest part is, that after the past 16 years, nothing at this point would really surprise me.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:50 PM
And we don't have West to bail us out. Stoopid timing. Can't wait for the light when we do sumpin' right! I assume this might be bigger. Hope Goodell doesn't feel a need to weigh in on another matter. tongue
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 08:52 PM
I hope he gets his stuff together but this is not a catastrophe.

Didn't his old man like to get hammered up at Michigan?
Yup. He was also arrested for assault. Like Father, like son. IMO he has already reached strike 3. If the allegations stick Andy should be shown the door from the NFL. This is my opinion on all legal matters. If I were in charge and an NFL employee, player, owner, coach, has multiple occurrences of one thing or another, felony, ETC, GOODBYE. Enjoy the CFL.
Moeller and Kokinis walked into a bar........
Originally Posted By: Tubby_Dawg

PHIL TREXLER-WKYC ‏@PhilTrexler 43m43 minutes ago
I'm told Berea cops were called to @Browns Coach Moeller home in response to a "domestic issue," led to today's suspension. @wkyc
Does this mean no Ray Rice? Gee,darn. wink
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 09:48 PM
I a so , so , so tired of this Team being an NFL Joke !
j/c:

No arrests made according to the report.
Originally Posted By: Tubby_Dawg

Is it the same bar where Kokinis found about about the Winslow trade??
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 10:00 PM
My best guess is he was boozing at home and maybe not the only one drinking that night.
Argument starts, things get nutty and someone called the cops.
He will have to make lifestyle changes I bet. Hope he succeeds.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 10:03 PM
we can't go through a season without the craziest drama.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/07/15 11:01 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 24m24 minutes ago

Sources say Andy Moeller alleged domestic incident involves Browns assistant and his wife

Link

Aaron WilsonVerified account
@AaronWilson_NFL

I cover the Texans for the Houston Chronicle after previously covering the Ravens for The Baltimore Sun. I cover the NFL for National Football Post.
Cleveland Browns' offensive line confident it can sustain absense of suspended assistant Andy Moeller

BEREA, Ohio – The indefinite suspension of Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller is major news inside and outside the team's locker room.

The ramifications of the incident -- "involving allegations" the club said in a statement it takes seriously – could be far reaching.

Members of a veteran offensive line, however, believe they can overcome his absence, which could be long term, as the Browns prepare to face the Jets on Sunday in a regular-season opener. Assistant line coach George DeLeone is taking charge of the group with support from senior offensive assistant Kurt Roper.

"I think if it's going to happen to any group, it's probably, not that it's good that it happened to the O-line, but the amount of guys in the offensive line room that have started a lot of games, have played a lot of football, are really smart guys, that will really help make sure we don't miss a beat," Browns left tackle Joe Thomas said

Thomas is an eight-time Pro Bowler. Alex Mack, a seventh-year veteran, is among the league's best centers. All five starters are going into their second season together in the same blocking schemes.

The unit is considered one of the league's better offensive lines, and is expected to anchor an attack short on playmakers.

"We feel that there will not be a significant drop off," coach Mike Pettine said.

Moeller addressed the linemen Monday at the team's facility, telling them he was dealing "with some personal things" and "might be gone for awhile," Thomas said.

Beginning his third full year as a starter, right guard John Greco thinks the group's experience and savvy will sustain it in Moeller's absence.

"We have been in this system two years together now so we have all the groundwork in place," Greco said. "We have a full season under our belt from last year. Everything we have done this camp and the preseason is just going to carry over into the season. It is different each week with game plans and the specific game plans, but we will be able to do that with the coaches we have in there now and the players that we have. We will be able to keep going forward."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ss...ml#incart_river
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

No arrests made according to the report.

Moeller was not arrested, per Vince Grzegorek of Cleveland Scene, who added the case would be referred to a prosecutor.
Maybe the Browns oline will actually hit a opposing dline
As hard as Moeller hit hurt.cause I didn't see it during the preseason
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:04 AM

0% chance of Ray Rice now.
there goes the wheels.
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

I kinda think they have to really, really lure people just to make that move & come to Cleveland, so let's just say that sometimes we don't get the cream-of-the-crop type people.

'We get who we can.' eek

Haslam is a billionaire. There is no salary cap for coaching staff. Here is an area that an owner can literally throw money at. He could have almost any staff he wants.
Was it Loggains on the plane last season when JM or Gordon failed a breathalyzer after some pics were posted or something.. Gosh i can't remember..

Was the coach drinking or was it because he didnt stop it ?
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
Was it Loggains on the plane last season when JM or Gordon failed a breathalyzer after some pics were posted or something.. Gosh i can't remember..

Was the coach drinking or was it because he didnt stop it ?

It was the WR coach on that plane.
Thats right.. Mike Mcdaniel... Thanks Ytown couldnt think of it
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

0% chance of Ray Rice now.

GOOD! I've been a fan of this team a long time. I didn't get to see Jim Brown play, but I DID get to see Leroy Kelly play. I've been through the Mike Phipps debacle, Red Right 88, etc. etc. And I swear, if they sign Ray Rice I will stop being a Browns fan. Ray Rice is a POS. Period.I'd rather watch them lose 16 games this season than have him on the team.
It really amazes me sometimes that booze is legal and grass isn't. You never see anyone starting crap or assaulting someone on grass.... They're too busy trying to find some tunes on the radio, or starring off into space smile
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 06:59 AM
GOOD! I've been a fan of this team a long time. I didn't get to see Jim Brown play, but I DID get to see Leroy Kelly play. I've been through the Mike Phipps debacle, Red Right 88, etc. etc. And I swear, if they sign Ray Rice I will stop being a Browns fan. Ray Rice is a POS. Period.I'd rather watch them lose 16 games this season than have him on the team.

Irony.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 09:31 AM
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

I think you guys make a bit too much of this. Outside of us, nobody really cares about the Browns. Also, this isn't really a team issue.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I think you guys make a bit too much of this. Outside of us, nobody really cares about the Browns. Also, this isn't really a team issue.

Correct. It was a dumb ass move by a dumb ass, being dealt with and moved on from. He'll hardly be missed and his departure won't affect a thing. Every team has at least one dumb ass waiting to implode.
j/c:

Quote:
The police report confirms that a female called and reported an assault. No initial injuries observed. Conflicting reports on what happened.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 12:59 PM

Correct. It was a dumb ass move by a dumb ass, being dealt with and moved on from. He'll hardly be missed and his departure won't affect a thing. Every team has at least one dumb ass waiting to implode.

If we are going to dismiss those that make too big a deal out of it, I don't think you can swing to the other side of the pendulum and say it won't affect a thing either. It will have an affect. How much is to be determined.

It's unfortunate but good franchises brush this stuff off and move forward. We are not a good franchise yet but maybe we are on our way.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:05 PM
One more try .. What I am tired of is " being in the spot light in a negative way " .. Have been a Browns fan all my life ( I'm 67 ) .. Feel like I have earned the right to feel the way I feel , right ?
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:06 PM
I believe it was dealt with swiftly, correctly and will have minimal impact, as the "next man up" approach applies here as well. Also, I think as they continue to build, the wheat will separate from the chaff and Pettine will assemble a staff to carry us forward. This culling, this thinning of the heard will ultimately prove to be a blessing.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:07 PM
Well, we almost made it to the season without any more embarrassing Browns stories...
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:14 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Well, we almost made it to the season without any more embarrassing Browns stories...

Are you embarrassed? Afraid to show your face in public? Are your cheeks heating up? Moeller did something stupid and inappropriate and the team reacted accordingly. This is completely on him, not on the Browns.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:18 PM
I believe it was dealt with swiftly, correctly and will have minimal impact, as the "next man up" approach applies here as well. Also, I think as they continue to build, the wheat will separate from the chaff and Pettine will assemble a staff to carry us forward. This culling, this thinning of the heard will ultimately prove to be a blessing.

You might be right about this but only if Haslam stays the course.
Posted By: eotab Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:20 PM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve

Three practice squad OL.

No OL coach.

Aren't we one of the few teams in the NFL carrying TWO OL COACHES?

George DeLeone was named Browns assistant offensive line coach on Feb. 6, 2014. DeLeone is a veteran coach of 42 seasons who has spent 37 years coaching on the collegiate level and five in the NFL.

DeLeone has coached in 12 bowl games, including the Fiesta, Sugar, Gator and Orange Bowls. On the professional level, he was the San Diego Chargers’ offensive line coach (1997) and the Miami Dolphins’ tight ends coach (2008-10).

Yep there he is. Domestic Violence would have gone on the news. Probably the DUI thing? Who knows...we suspended him not the NFL. I'm sure it will come out if the local Browns press actually do their job and investigate.

But we have a seamless turnover temporarily on the OL.

jmho - hope he gets help for whatever troubles him!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:52 PM
j/c...

Looks like the woman has requested to have the charges dropped. From the first official police report:

Posted By: CalDawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 01:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

If he doesn't, it all goes down the crapper, IMHO. If it's me, I'm giving these guys six years no matter what. That assumes we take a top tier QB in the draft and give him two years to develop, and giving Pettine & Farmer four years to build the team and change the culture. Let's see if Haslam has the stones to sit tight.
I'd assume he'll get the same punishment as the Buffalo OL coach?
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 02:55 PM
Just wish the stories would stop. We can't afford anymore negativity...
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 03:01 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Are you embarrassed? Afraid to show your face in public? Are your cheeks heating up? Moeller did something stupid and inappropriate and the team reacted accordingly. This is completely on him, not on the Browns.

No, I'm proud, extremely proud.. proud of my team that can't win more than 5 games, proud that we are trading 3rd round picks 1 year into their rookie deals for a conditional 7th rounder, proud that our new 4th round pick can't even make the team, proud our OL coach is a dumbass, proud that our GM will start the season suspended for breaking stupid rules..... I mean how can one watch sports news and just not burst with pride every time the Browns logo comes up?
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Well, hell, Haslam himself should have been on that thinning out list. JMHO

Yup... a whole lotta mountains being made from a molehill here.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 04:28 PM

Well if the national media wasn't reporting it, you may have a point. And of course there's all of those other NFL teams who will start the season with their GM and a position coach under suspension.
The national media is reporting it because it's a story in a rather dead & quiet week leading up to kick-off, and it happens to be a story that very neatly fits the "if it bleeds, it leads" mantra. It's dirt... they love reporting dirt. That's all.

In terms of what it means for us as a team, this is pretty much meaningless. As is the suspension of Farmer.. .who cares if the GM is suspended for 4 games during the season? His work at this time of year is being done by scouts.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
.who cares if the GM is suspended for 4 games during the season? His work at this time of year is being done by scouts.

It's funny how teams talk about precautions, protocols and etc they take while playing New England to deter them cheating, yet the national media still wants to hang on Ray Farmer sending some text messages.

Now I'm saying what Ray did was wrong, but why cut us deeper than New England when, IMO, their crimes and allegations are far more serve to the league itself.

JMO
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 05:05 PM
I do believe when being objective that this simply shows even more dysfunction. If not, what other NFL teams are in our situation?

Now how it actually impacts our team come game day may be little if any. That's not what I'm trying to imply. I'm saying it's embarrassing to see a continuing pattern of poor behavior and actions on the part of people paid to be teachers and examples to our players.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 05:14 PM
Quote:
Now how it actually impacts our team come game day may be little if any.

Oh I don't know... our OL was supposed to be a strength and will now be, for some period of time, without their position coach... that seems like it could be kind of important.

Quote:
I'm saying it's embarrassing to see a continuing pattern of poor behavior and actions on the part of people paid to be teachers and examples to our players.

Exactly...
j/c.....

I just read the ESPN article stating that it is allegedly assault on a woman in his home, but she has since dropped the charges. No charges are currently being pressed by the prosecutor. No real details, and police received conflicting reports of what happened.

Basically - there's not much here, and it could just as easily be a case of a gold digger trying to get leverage with someone "famous" as it could be him just being a creep with the ladies. Could also just be a regular old falling out.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 08:41 PM
Woman identifies herself as fiancee of suspended Browns O-line coach Andy Moeller during 911 call, says he ‘tried to strangle me and beat me up’

A woman who identified herself as the fianceé of suspended Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller said during a disturbing 911 call he “tried to strangle me and beat me up” Saturday night at his home in Berea.

“I hate to do this to him, but you know what? I’m glad I made it out of there in time,” the woman, who identified herself as “Sandy,” said during the call.

The Berea Police Department released a recording of the call Tuesday afternoon.

The woman made the call at 9:06 p.m. Saturday, signed an assault complaint against Moeller at about midnight, then told authorities at approximately 7:55 a.m. Sunday she wanted to drop the charge, according to a report released by Berea police Tuesday.

Moeller hasn’t been arrested or charged. His name was redacted from the report, but the woman named him in the 911 call.

Now the case is in the hands of Berea prosecutor Jim Walters.

In a statement released Tuesday, Walters said his review of the police report “is likely to continue for a number of days,” after which he will decide whether to file charges against Moeller.

“If charges are issued, an announcement will be made at an appropriate time,” Walters said. “Since this is an ongoing investigation, and since no charges have been made at this time, no further information from the police report and no further investigative material will be released.”

Police were dispatched to Eastland Road at 9:08 p.m. Saturday because the woman reported an assault had occurred in Moeller’s home, which is near the road. The alleged victim had left the home and spoke to police on the road. Other officers spoke to Moeller at his home.

“There were conflicting stories of what had occurred,” the report reads.

There were no initial injuries observed, according to the report.

During the 911 call, the woman said she lives in Maryland but visits Moeller frequently.

“He’s my fiancé — not anymore, though,” she said.

Asked by the dispatcher what they were arguing about, the woman said, “I’m trying to think. I don’t even know what it was. I was on the phone talking to my son and he told me to be quiet, like, ‘Just shut up.’ ”

She said “maybe some alcohol ... probably some beer” was involved “but no drugs.”

The dispatcher asked the woman whether Moeller had been violent before.

“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure,” she said.

The woman also said, “Tell him to just stop and not to hurt me. I kept saying stop. At least I got out of the house.”

The alleged victim was taken to a hotel in Middleburg Heights at her request. A few hours later, approximately at midnight, she contacted police and stated she still wanted to press charges and had an injury from the incident, which was not originally visible, according to the report. An officer went to the hotel, where the alleged victim signed an assault complaint.

At 7:55 a.m. Sunday, the officer returned to the hotel upon the woman’s request. She then stated she wanted to drop the assault charge and completed a second statement form.

The alleged victim was told the original complaint she signed would be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office for review, and no arrests would be made at the time.

The Browns released the following statement Monday: “Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller has been suspended indefinitely by the team effective immediately. Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously. We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time.”

The NFL suspended Moeller for two games in 2011 for violating the league’s personal conduct policy and fined him $47,000. The suspension stemmed from Moeller being found guilty of a driving while impaired by alcohol. At the time, it was his third alcohol-related arrest in a span of four years.

Moeller, 51, was then the Baltimore Ravens’ offensive line coach. He spent six seasons with the Ravens before joining the Browns last year.

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Monday assistant offensive line coach George DeLeone will fill in for Moeller, and senior offensive assistant Kurt Roper will also help with the O-line.

Nate Ulrich can be reached at nulrich@thebeaconjournal.com. Read the Browns blog at www.ohio.com/browns. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ and on Facebook www.facebook.com/abj.sports.

In another report I saw, the investigation is ongoing and will be for days. Once you press charges for an assault or domestic violence, it's not up to you to drop charges. At that point, it's up to the DA. If it's true that this lady is his fiance', it's as likely she's trying to drop charges to protect him. Sort of like the Ray rice fiasco.
Posted By: Swish Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/08/15 10:11 PM
ugh.....we are such a train wreck.
j/c:

Perhaps the woman was drunk and lying. Perhaps they were both drunk and he did hit her. I don't know.

What I do know is that the Browns are always in the news for the wrong reasons.

It seems that regime doesn't value character. Farmer, Manziel, Gordon, Moeller, West, and Gilbert have all been in the news for the wrong reasons.

It bothers me that we have fans on this board who not only excuse this behavior, but have the nerve to call other posters "whiners" because the latter group is talking about a national report. Are you kidding me?

It seems that many of the guys who I think have poor character are the same guys always defending this FO and ripping other posters for having legitimate concerns.

This regime is a dumpster fire.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 12:49 AM
I think you're over-reacting. Let's blame farmer for josh Gordon's inability to put down the ganja.... let's blame him for the OL
Coach being a possible drunken woman-beater.... let's blame him for JFF (who might not have been his choice).... I don't love the guy and I see some validity to your arguments, but I also think you're being somewhat dramatic.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 12:54 AM
j/c...

Here is a link to the 911 call from Moeller's finance after the incident.

Apparently she was talking too loud on the phone to her son for his liking.

911 Audio Link
I think some of you read what you wanna read. Where did I blame Farmer for all of that?

Look, if you like hearing news about our GM being suspended, our best WR being suspended, our RB being called a jerk and traded for nothing, our 1st round qb being in rehab, our 1st round cb saying he would rather sleep than study film, and our OL coach being involved in an assault case.......fine...........but, I don't think I am over-dramatizing things.

They actually happened. I am NOT making these things up. Hell...............you can't make that many things up.
I just have a simple question to the posters on here...

If Mack stays healthy and the line performs well to great... Is that on Moeller ?

We saw the effects of losing Mack and experienced seeing the line struggle after his loss... Is that on Moeller ?

Is Moeller a good line coach or not.. One season in... I would grade him a C
I think he is a good OL coach. I just think that reading about that incident was troubling, especially since we have had so many other examples of poor behavior in the last two years.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 01:55 AM
j/c...

I'm guessing Moeller is done here in Cleveland. Especially, considering Jimmy Haslam's wife was appointed by the NFL commissioner to sit on a special advisory board to review and oversee personal misconduct policy and disciplinary action. This was established in the wake of the Ray Rice domestic violence case, if I recall.

Link
Posted By: highoman Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 02:19 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think some of you read what you wanna read. Where did I blame Farmer for all of that?

Look, if you like hearing news about our GM being suspended, our best WR being suspended, our RB being called a jerk and traded for nothing, our 1st round qb being in rehab, our 1st round cb saying he would rather sleep than study film, and our OL coach being involved in an assault case.......fine...........but, I don't think I am over-dramatizing things.

They actually happened. I am NOT making these things up. Hell...............you can't make that many things up.

Well, I guess if you put it that way.
Made me chuckle like a little kid and and lady just shakes her head at me on the couch next to me
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Well if the national media wasn't reporting it, you may have a point. And of course there's all of those other NFL teams who will start the season with their GM and a position coach under suspension.

So explain to me how the GM has much to do with anything during the season any why our Asst. with 40some years experience can't carry on?

This is football. There is a plethora of experts just on this board who have never coached a down even in to HS. Why wouldn't people who have been in the game at various levels, including college and the pro's not be able?

I don't see a problem here.
I agree with you.

What is the GM doing during the season?

Evaluating players. he can sit at home and do that just as well as he can sit in the box and do it.

The O line coach? We have assistant O line coaches. Next man up.
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Just wish the stories would stop. We can't afford anymore negativity...

Why? It's what this team is good at man. Our owner is under investigation. His company bilked customers of millions. We switch regimes very two years.... We draft like Al Davis used to. We are the laughingstock of the league. When anyone outside of Cleveland mentions the Browns, it's in a negative way. The but of jokes.... This team hasn't been relevant since the 80's

Are any of you surprised there is another negative event right before the season? I'm certainly not. It is par for the course. It is their nature....
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 01:13 PM
Idk, his wife calls says he was strangling her or whatever, then releases a statement saying nothing happened, then we can all hear her hysteria on that phone call.

At this point, regardless what happened or didn't happen, just cut ties and find you a new oline coach and let that mess transpire elsewhere. I do think he's a good oline coach, but damn...
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/09/15 01:16 PM
Quote:
There were no initial injuries observed, according to the report.

Asked by the dispatcher what they were arguing about, the woman said, “I’m trying to think. I don’t even know what it was. I was on the phone talking to my son and he told me to be quiet, like, ‘Just shut up.’

She said “maybe some alcohol ... probably some beer” was involved “but no drugs.”

The dispatcher asked the woman whether Moeller had been violent before.

“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure,” she said.

The woman also said, “Tell him to just stop and not to hurt me. I kept saying stop. At least I got out of the house.”

The alleged victim was taken to a hotel in Middleburg Heights at her request. A few hours later, approximately at midnight, she contacted police and stated she still wanted to press charges and had an injury from the incident, which was not originally visible, according to the report. An officer went to the hotel, where the alleged victim signed an assault complaint.

Something smells fishy. If Moeller did assault her then throw the book at him. I am not taking sides here. He may or may not be guilty. But what smells funny to me is "No initial injuries but injuries show up 3 hours later? Moeller is not a little guy. If he was choking her she would at least have red marks on her neck when the police arrived. She doesn't even know what they were arguing about? She doesn't know if he told her to be quiet or to shut up? For goodness sake she was in the home with him but she doesn't know IF he was drinking beer (You can't miss seeing or smelling that)"probably some beer" rolleyes

When ask if he had been violent before she says "“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure" WTF it's either a yes or no answer not a Well I am sure he has been answer rolleyes

Like I said he may or may not be guilty but somethings not adding up here.

According to the written report posted, when the cops talked to her there were no visible injuries, then she called from the hotel 3 hours later and said she had injuries then 7am the next morning she wanted to withdraw the report.

If he was strangling her, there should have been some sign of physical altercation.

I am not condoning what he may have done, just questioning her story of the events.
Sounds a little fishy to me too. If he was in fact involved in domestic violence then he deserves whatever he gets. If he is innocent and being targeted then he is the victim here.

The biggest problem is the Browns can't take a wait and see approach because they saw what happened with Baltimore in that regard. So the FO made the right move in suspending him until it's cleared up.
my thought is, where theres smoke there's fire. Not like it wouldn't be the first time a woman has backtracked on a story. He's an OLine coach, not a big deal, cut ties and move on. Nothing to see here
I have a friend who was married to an angry drunk. SHE was the angry drunk and would often start altercations and then accuse him of being confrontational.

There were a couple times that a bunch of us were there when she started stuff, then she disappeared in the house, a few minutes later here come the cops.

Luckily we were there as eyewitnesses, and they found her passed out in bed.
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
According to the written report posted, when the cops talked to her there were no visible injuries, then she called from the hotel 3 hours later and said she had injuries then 7am the next morning she wanted to withdraw the report.

If he was strangling her, there should have been some sign of physical altercation.

I am not condoning what he may have done, just questioning her story of the events.

Bruises show up later all the time man. Even on corpses. Sometimes it takes a day before you actually see the bruising.... This guy needs to be gone. Period. We don't need this kind of crap.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/10/15 01:50 PM
Maybe he was trying out a pass-blocking technique and got flagged for illegal hands to the throat.
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Bruises show up later all the time man. Even on corpses. Sometimes it takes a day before you actually see the bruising.... This guy needs to be gone. Period. We don't need this kind of crap.

Yes, bruises, etc show up later.

All that dis-regarded, we don't know all the facts, and only know her side of the story.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/10/15 03:45 PM
j/c

Browns coach Mike Pettine addressed what he called a "troubling" situation.

"Everything about the incident is troubling," Pettine said. "The allegations, all the information that is available, it is disturbing. However, we are not going to comment any further."

Sounds like those who know more don't seem happy with what they know.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/10/15 03:51 PM
Mike avoided questions about Andy on a higher level than he avoids injury related questions, which we all know he hates discussing.

I sense Mike really and truly is disgusted about the situation. The facts will come out soon enough, but with Andy's history - even if he's cleared, he still might not be asked to come back.
Quote:
#Browns OL coach Andy Moeller won't be charged by Berea Prosecutor re: incident w/ woman at his home. Post soon on http://cleveland.com

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/23/15 02:22 PM
So she goes from saying she didn't know if he was drinking to being at the Octoberfest drinking all day. Well that sure as hell puts the rest of her story in doubt. However if he was drinking after all the trouble that has caused him, then he may never be back with the Browns.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended - 09/23/15 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
So she goes from saying she didn't know if he was drinking to being at the Octoberfest drinking all day. Well that sure as hell puts the rest of her story in doubt. However if he was drinking after all the trouble that has caused him, then he may never be back with the Browns.

You have Octoberfest in September?
No, Oktoberfest... totally different.
wonder how long before he'll be reinstated...hopefully soon as our line needs it
© DawgTalkers.net