Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Just wish the stories would stop. We can't afford anymore negativity...

Why? It's what this team is good at man. Our owner is under investigation. His company bilked customers of millions. We switch regimes very two years.... We draft like Al Davis used to. We are the laughingstock of the league. When anyone outside of Cleveland mentions the Browns, it's in a negative way. The but of jokes.... This team hasn't been relevant since the 80's

Are any of you surprised there is another negative event right before the season? I'm certainly not. It is par for the course. It is their nature....

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
D
Legend
Legend
D
Idk, his wife calls says he was strangling her or whatever, then releases a statement saying nothing happened, then we can all hear her hysteria on that phone call.

At this point, regardless what happened or didn't happen, just cut ties and find you a new oline coach and let that mess transpire elsewhere. I do think he's a good oline coach, but damn...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
There were no initial injuries observed, according to the report.

Asked by the dispatcher what they were arguing about, the woman said, “I’m trying to think. I don’t even know what it was. I was on the phone talking to my son and he told me to be quiet, like, ‘Just shut up.’

She said “maybe some alcohol ... probably some beer” was involved “but no drugs.”

The dispatcher asked the woman whether Moeller had been violent before.

“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure,” she said.

The woman also said, “Tell him to just stop and not to hurt me. I kept saying stop. At least I got out of the house.”

The alleged victim was taken to a hotel in Middleburg Heights at her request. A few hours later, approximately at midnight, she contacted police and stated she still wanted to press charges and had an injury from the incident, which was not originally visible, according to the report. An officer went to the hotel, where the alleged victim signed an assault complaint.

Something smells fishy. If Moeller did assault her then throw the book at him. I am not taking sides here. He may or may not be guilty. But what smells funny to me is "No initial injuries but injuries show up 3 hours later? Moeller is not a little guy. If he was choking her she would at least have red marks on her neck when the police arrived. She doesn't even know what they were arguing about? She doesn't know if he told her to be quiet or to shut up? For goodness sake she was in the home with him but she doesn't know IF he was drinking beer (You can't miss seeing or smelling that)"probably some beer" rolleyes

When ask if he had been violent before she says "“Yeah, well, I hate to say that. But, yeah, I’m sure" WTF it's either a yes or no answer not a Well I am sure he has been answer rolleyes

Like I said he may or may not be guilty but somethings not adding up here.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
F
Legend
Legend
F
According to the written report posted, when the cops talked to her there were no visible injuries, then she called from the hotel 3 hours later and said she had injuries then 7am the next morning she wanted to withdraw the report.

If he was strangling her, there should have been some sign of physical altercation.

I am not condoning what he may have done, just questioning her story of the events.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sounds a little fishy to me too. If he was in fact involved in domestic violence then he deserves whatever he gets. If he is innocent and being targeted then he is the victim here.

The biggest problem is the Browns can't take a wait and see approach because they saw what happened with Baltimore in that regard. So the FO made the right move in suspending him until it's cleared up.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
my thought is, where theres smoke there's fire. Not like it wouldn't be the first time a woman has backtracked on a story. He's an OLine coach, not a big deal, cut ties and move on. Nothing to see here

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Legend
Legend
F
I have a friend who was married to an angry drunk. SHE was the angry drunk and would often start altercations and then accuse him of being confrontational.

There were a couple times that a bunch of us were there when she started stuff, then she disappeared in the house, a few minutes later here come the cops.

Luckily we were there as eyewitnesses, and they found her passed out in bed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
According to the written report posted, when the cops talked to her there were no visible injuries, then she called from the hotel 3 hours later and said she had injuries then 7am the next morning she wanted to withdraw the report.

If he was strangling her, there should have been some sign of physical altercation.

I am not condoning what he may have done, just questioning her story of the events.

Bruises show up later all the time man. Even on corpses. Sometimes it takes a day before you actually see the bruising.... This guy needs to be gone. Period. We don't need this kind of crap.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
L
Legend
Legend
L
Maybe he was trying out a pass-blocking technique and got flagged for illegal hands to the throat.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Bruises show up later all the time man. Even on corpses. Sometimes it takes a day before you actually see the bruising.... This guy needs to be gone. Period. We don't need this kind of crap.

Yes, bruises, etc show up later.

All that dis-regarded, we don't know all the facts, and only know her side of the story.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Browns coach Mike Pettine addressed what he called a "troubling" situation.

"Everything about the incident is troubling," Pettine said. "The allegations, all the information that is available, it is disturbing. However, we are not going to comment any further."

Sounds like those who know more don't seem happy with what they know.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Mike avoided questions about Andy on a higher level than he avoids injury related questions, which we all know he hates discussing.

I sense Mike really and truly is disgusted about the situation. The facts will come out soon enough, but with Andy's history - even if he's cleared, he still might not be asked to come back.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 09/10/15 11:53 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
#Browns OL coach Andy Moeller won't be charged by Berea Prosecutor re: incident w/ woman at his home. Post soon on http://cleveland.com

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
So she goes from saying she didn't know if he was drinking to being at the Octoberfest drinking all day. Well that sure as hell puts the rest of her story in doubt. However if he was drinking after all the trouble that has caused him, then he may never be back with the Browns.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
So she goes from saying she didn't know if he was drinking to being at the Octoberfest drinking all day. Well that sure as hell puts the rest of her story in doubt. However if he was drinking after all the trouble that has caused him, then he may never be back with the Browns.

You have Octoberfest in September?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
No, Oktoberfest... totally different.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
wonder how long before he'll be reinstated...hopefully soon as our line needs it

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Browns OL Coach Andy Moeller suspended

Link Copied to Clipboard