DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: savagedawgs Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:23 PM
With an investigation that is still up in the air for a dv last year he does something stupid.

Ezekiel Elliott pulls down woman’s top at parade
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2017, 1:30 PM EDT
Getty Images

While no NFL players (or anyone else) should be pulling down a woman’s top in public and exposing one of her breasts, the last one who should be doing it is Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot. And yet he has done just that, via TMZ.

Elliott, who remains under investigation for domestic violence allegations made against him last year, pulled at the top of a woman and exposed her breast in an incident that was captured on video during a St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

Per TMZ, one of Elliott’s representatives claims it was “all in good fun” and that the “woman wasn’t upset.”

Whether the woman whose clothing was partially removed in a public place by Elliott is upset doesn’t matter. Whether the league office views the behavior in a negative way does. If the folks at 345 Park Avenue trying to sift through the evidence are still undecided on whether to believe Elliott or the woman who has accused him of five incident of domestic violence in a six-day period, this is the kind of thing that could break the tie under the very low “more likely than not” standard of evidence.

It also could amount to an aggravating circumstance for any violation happening in 2016, enhancing the punishment the league imposes. It also could amount to a separate violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Given the explanation provided nearly seven years ago when Goodell suspended Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, it’s not a stretch to conclude that the league would take action for this kind of conduct regardless of whether the woman was upset by it.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated [the] law,” Goodell told Roethlisberger. “[Y]ou are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct . . . that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans. . . . Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”

It doesn’t matter whether Elliott, the woman, the media, the fans, or anyone else believe that Elliott’s conduct crosses the line. What matters is whether the NFL believes it, and whether the NFL will do something about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-pulls-down-womans-top-at-parade/
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:31 PM
So stupid!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:33 PM
Once again an athlete that thinks he is above the law ... superconfused
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:42 PM
Dumb. Looked intentional.

Why was there a St. Patrick's day party now, and not on the 17th?
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Dumb. Looked intentional.

Why was there a St. Patrick's day party now, and not on the 17th?

I was downtown Columbus on Saturday and everyone was decked out in green. I was very confused - I even had to validate on my phone that St. Patrick's day was not Saturday. Really odd.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 07:55 PM
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. I had to look at my calendar to see when St. Pat's day was. It's this coming Friday.

Seemingly a great day for a St. Pat's day party.

Why have some parade a week early?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 08:00 PM
pretty dumb
Posted By: Swish Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 08:10 PM
Sometimes places will bump up dates if they are expecting bad weather on the actual day of event.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 08:14 PM
There's a second video where he attempts to do it again.

She slaps his hand away.

Then immediately pulls her shirt down herself.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 08:35 PM
To me this is just an example of how society is changing now that every one is walking around with a camera in their hand.

quote from the article:

"Whether the woman whose clothing was partially removed in a public place by Elliott is upset doesn’t matter."

Isn't this all that really does matter?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Isn't this all that really does matter?

When you are in the situation Elliott is in? No. Image matters.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:14 PM
Quote:
While no NFL players (or anyone else) should be pulling down a woman’s top in public and exposing one of her breasts, the last one who should be doing it is Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot. And yet he has done just that, via TMZ.

The last one? Really? Zeke has committed worse crimes than guys like Mixon, Manziel, Rice, Hardy, Ben, Hill, etc?

Many young people have fun. Many young people drink. Many young people don't think the naked body is disgusting. Many young people are sexual in nature. Many young people don't have a stick up their butts.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:21 PM
Well yeah, right.

Given that the moment can be caught "on film".

That a photo can be made of the action.

If the girl doesn't care, who cares?

The little children? The Pope? Is someone's "sensitivities" brutally offended?

I don't see a newsworthy event here.

I guess an NFL player's image is to be that of a perfect gentleman.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:23 PM
That doesnt make it ok to sexually assault a woman.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:25 PM
You have a daughter?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:27 PM
What? I never suggested that.

I think the two of them were having fun.

If he had done it w/out her consent, it would be a completely different story and I would be slamming him, much as I have w/Mixon, the Oklahoma RB.

Kids get drunk and have fun. They do some dumb things. I think that is the case here.

Sexual assault is completely different. IF the girl comes out and complains that she didn't want Zeke to do what he did and she is upset...........I will completely change my tune.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:38 PM
quote above by eve:

"That doesnt make it ok to sexually assault a woman."

Well, that brings up an interesting point.

If the woman didn't really care, if the actions were of a playful nature (as opposed to an aggressive unwanted advance), it's not sexual assault.

Maybe it could qualify as misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 09:49 PM
I dont know. Public indecency? If the girl doesnt care then I dont care, but a lot of people(females) get stars in their eyes for celebrities and submit to things they would not ordinarily agree to because of influence.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 10:36 PM
She most definitely was surprised that he did it. Whether she was offended or not, if this is let go, I think it opens the door for the "I didn't think she'd mind" defense.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
I guess an NFL player's image is to be that of a perfect gentleman.

Who said that?

When the league is investigating you for domestic violence it is probably best not to get caught in these type of situations.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
That doesnt make it ok to sexually [censored] different level.

We don't know what happend before that, and if true, about he flashing, she obviously doesn't have a problem with showing the "puppies".

I will wait to see if she brings charges. To me it is all about her attitude.

If she felt violated, that is one thing, and I support her. If she didn't that is another. Mardi Gras was just a few weeks ago. Thousands of women a night expose their breasts on a whim, for all to see.

In this country we are hung up on boobs. In most of Europe and many other countires, women go to the beach topless all the time. It is viewed as strange if they don't.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 11:31 PM
Even though I didn't want to I felt I had to search out, find and watch the video for scientific purposes....Okay, honestly? I think this is a case where they were just having fun. She even egged him on a little bit beforehand. No harm, no foul. IMHO
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 11:35 PM
I dont know what sexist garbage you are posting, but leave my name out of it.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/13/17 11:46 PM
What was he thinking??!!

Now if he had just grabbed her in the P**** , it would be no problem.
Posted By: Swish Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
What was he thinking??!!

Now if he had just grabbed her in the P**** , it would be no problem.

Elliot has to take her furniture shopping, first.
Posted By: Lurker Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 12:22 AM
In the great words of Nelly.

'I am just playing.......Unless you going do it....."
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 02:10 AM
Didn't any of you ever see the wedding scene in the 1977 Football movie Semi-tough with Bert Reynolds & Kristofferson? Same exact circumstance.
Posted By: JPPT1974 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 02:38 AM
Really what in the world was he thinking? Dumb move Zeke.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 03:38 AM
If you look at both videos, it was not a malicious attack or anything like that. BUT Zeke cannot do that due to the situation he is in. A moment of judgement lapse and he is now going to hear from the NFL. Who was looking for ANYTHING on him!
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 04:22 AM
Wasn't his domestic assault case already proven to be fabricated?

This video is stupid. But I doubt anything will come of it.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 09:44 PM
I'm in agreement with Peen.. if the girl doesn't care then I don't care... I like boobies.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 09:55 PM
This thread needs an infographic on consent...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 11:12 PM
Agreed...consent doesn't mean force the act first to see if she has a problem with it. This girl obviously wasn't expecting Zeke to pull her shirt down in public. Because she didn't have a problem with it after the fact does't make it ok. Like I said, before you know it someone else is going to do this and try to play the "I didn't thing she'd mind" card.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/14/17 11:23 PM
Right.

It's illegal for the girl to expose her own breast in public.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/15/17 03:43 AM
It's not the fact that breasts are unlawful when displayed in public.

It's the fact someone does something without permission. I knew two guys in high school who got fired for slapping other female teenagers on the behind. This is back in 2006, actually. They were warned "we could press further charges, but we'll let you guys just get fired."

Sure, she pulls her shirt down only after she thinks about it herself. You could consider this sexual assault with him doing this. The "young people just having fun!" defense bothers me.

Not all young people acted like fools. Many stayed away from drugs, waited till a legal age to drink alcohol, and never "partied" to be like the cool kids.

Anyhow, here's an infographic on consent.

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/15/17 10:16 PM
Quote:
consent doesn't mean force the act first to see if she has a problem with it. This girl obviously wasn't expecting Zeke to pull her shirt down in public. Because she didn't have a problem with it after the fact does't make it ok.

In general I agree with you... What if it wasn't NFL star Zeke Elliot that did it? What if it was a casual acquaintance or even a stranger that just reached over and pulled her top down?

I mean if she doesn't care then I still don't care but it's a bad look.. it's a bad precedent to set that this is ok.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 05:02 AM
Where did this happen? Because under Ohio law women can legally go topless unless it's forbidden on a local statute.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 05:13 AM
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Where did this happen? Because under Ohio law women can legally go topless unless it's forbidden on a local statute.

Choosing to go topless and have someone else pull your top down, without consent, are two different things. Obviously.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 02:08 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: ddubia

Choosing to go topless and have someone else pull your top down, without consent, are two different things. Obviously.

Surprising that this needed to be pointed out.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 03:41 PM
Well, maybe ddub didn't talk about it because the girl later left w/Zeke and there were reports that she said it was consensual.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 04:40 PM
The initial act seemed to take her by surprise. That doesn't scream consent.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 03/17/17 06:47 PM
The fact that they have a personal relationship makes me back away from the video entirely. You never know what two people could converse about behind closed doors.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 04:57 PM
I don't know if he is guilty, but this guy seems to put himself in some bad situations:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20086...dent-dallas-bar
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 05:21 PM
So what happened? All the article says is that some guy was assaulted but the he doesn't know who did it and there are no suspects. How do they know he was involved?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 05:26 PM
Quote:
Here's what Ezekiel Elliott's father told @MerrillLiz last year for ESPN The Magazine:‬
‪"My biggest worry is ... I don't believe my son knows how to navigate in life being a superstar," Stacy says. "He's like a little boy who wants to play football and have fun and enjoy people. We've always said this about Ezekiel, ever since he came into the world. He's just happy to be alive. He's a happy guy. But this world is not."‬

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1567646706621298
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 05:28 PM
Quote:
TMZ Sports has obtained video of the victim moments after he was struck in the face by an assailant at Clutch Bar in Dallas.

The person who shot the video tells us the man was involved in a verbal altercation with a woman who was in Ezekiel's party ... when Ezekiel got involved.

The witness says she saw Ezekiel punch the man -- corroborating the story the victim's friend told police. However, cops at the scene could not confirm Zeke was the attacker and he has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

In the video, you can see the victim writhing in pain on the ground. We're told he was on the ground for a few minutes.

An ambulance arrived to the scene, and you can see the man being treated by paramedics outside the bar. He was transported to a nearby hospital.

Elliott's people will only say the RB was not arrested and no complaint has been filed against him.
We spoke with the NFL -- and we're told the league is now looking into the matter to "understand the facts."

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/17/ezekiel-elliot-bar-fight-incident/
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 06:26 PM
I love tmz. rolleyesdevil
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 06:45 PM
Alternate theory:

See Zeke at a bar.

Go Outside.

Punch your friend in the face.

Record video saying it was him.

Profit.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 06:50 PM
I kinda hate saying this, but if you are a recognizable athlete, it might be best to stay out of bars. Too many freaks and opportunists out there.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I kinda hate saying this, but if you are a recognizable athlete, it might be best to stay out of bars. Too many freaks and opportunists out there.

The axiom goes that "nothing good happens after 2 am".

I agree with you, though, that too many bad things can happen at any time in bars, especially to a very, very rich young man.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy
Alternate theory:

See Zeke at a bar.

Go Outside.

Profit.

- or -

fame = free passes (at least for awhile)....
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 08:36 PM
Situation sounds familiar. Haven't we had a few guys like this too that got into trouble? One difference he's more talented than the guys we had.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:02 PM
What?

I have no idea if he is guilty or innocent, but what evidence do you have that he is guilty?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:03 PM
KARMA = End up in Cincy or worse. We have had our share. But with so much good around you, this? Judgment is lacking.

Hope Zeke is better than this.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Alternate theory:

See Zeke at a bar.

Go Outside.

Profit.

- or -

fame = free passes (at least for awhile)....

I don't think most famous people think they get "a free pass"

I think that a lot of "regular people" forget that famous people are just.. people.

If a 20 something is in a bar and someone starts crap. Stuff may go down. Not because he thinks he'll get away with it. But because he's a 20 something and that's just what they do.

And while I'm not saying famous people are always a victim. I think a lot of times people go out of their own way to start things with them.

And our response is apparently that if you're famous. You should just never go out. In case something happens..
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:23 PM
This is Elliott's third questionable incident. I don't know if Elliott has done anything wrong, but it's never a good thing if a player's name comes up in news like this all the time.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:24 PM
I love tmz. rolleyesdevil

TMZ deals with smut, but their information is usually solid.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:26 PM
This is Elliott's third questionable incident. I don't know if Elliott has done anything wrong, but it's never a good thing if a player's name comes up in news like this all the time.

I wonder if even Jerrah is starting to feel that way.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/17/17 09:30 PM
You try too hard at times.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/18/17 01:01 PM
I thought that Jerry Jones and etc had the "best support system" and etc? Haha, they might need to extend that "support system" Zeke's way. As stated, he just can't stay out of headlines.

Maybe it's time to just stay home and etc, Zeke? Won't be long before you pull a JM and blow it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/18/17 03:05 PM
Eyeing McFadden in fantasy now. The guy essentially had the year off last season.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/18/17 09:11 PM
j/c:

Quote:
Dallas police confirm incident at bar, don’t mention Ezekiel Elliott
Josh Alper
ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•Jul 17, 2017, 10:24 AM

There was a report on Monday morning that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was involved in an altercation at a Dallas bar on Sunday night which did not result in any arrests and the city’s police department has confirmed that officers did respond to a call regarding a disturbance.

The report, which comes via multiple sources and does not mention Elliott at all, says officers responded to a call to the 2500 block of Cedar Springs Road — the incident allegedly happened at Clutch Bar, which is at 2520 Cedar Springs road — around 9:40 p.m. on Sunday night. A 30-year-old man claimed he had been physically assaulted, but did not know who did it.

“The victim was transported to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries,” the report said. “There were no arrests made for this offense, nor were there anyone listed on the report as a suspect. This investigation is on-going and we will update you as information becomes available.”

Elliott has been under investigation by the league since a domestic violence allegation was made against him last year and recent reports have indicated that a ruling on possible discipline is expected soon.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dallas-police-confirm-incident-bar-142436965.html

Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/19/17 12:54 AM
Is it a bad look that he keeps being "involved" in things, of course.

But separately from that.

I don't like that as soon as it was reported, that the NFL was doing their own "investigation" into it.

Let the legal process do their job first why don't you.

I don't think you should get suspended just because your name gets attached to not good things...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/19/17 01:28 AM
Is it a bad look that he keeps being "involved" in things, of course.

But separately from that.

I don't like that as soon as it was reported, that the NFL was doing their own "investigation" into it.

Let the legal process do their job first why don't you.

I don't think you should get suspended just because your name gets attached to not good things...

I agree. And by the same token, he hasn't been suspended yet, has he? Nothing has been settled in court, has it?

It's like in the political forums: "Trump MAY be guilty of"...and then they go on and on.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/21/17 12:47 PM
'Dallas police suspend probe into incident involving Elliott'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-police...26604--spt.html

My favorite comment: Well that's not suspicious at all. laugh
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/21/17 01:14 PM

Apparently the NFL is still investigating this, so this doesn't mean Zeke's outta the clear yet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/21/17 04:02 PM
That's the problem with the NFL. They think they're above the law.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/21/17 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Apparently the NFL is still investigating this, so this doesn't mean Zeke's outta the clear yet.

Wouldn't Zeke want to be in "the clear?" wink grin

It's "outta the woods," bro.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 07/21/17 05:06 PM
Well you can't see the sky clearly when you're in the woods. You have to get out of the woods to be in the clear.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/07/17 04:55 PM
League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ott-suspension/
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 04:16 PM
Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

Print
By Around The NFL staff NFL.com
Published: Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:14 p.m. Updated: Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:20 p.m.
The NFL suspended Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games Friday for violating the league's personal-conduct policy, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The ruling comes after the NFL's year-long investigation into multiple incidents involving Elliott, including domestic violence accusations made against him by a woman who identified herself as his former girlfriend to authorities.

Elliott, 22, has denied the allegations and has the right to appeal the NFL's decision. He has three days to appeal. If the six-game suspension stands, Elliott would be eligible to make his season debut Oct. 29 against the Washington Redskins.

ESPN first reported the development.

The woman told police Elliott assaulted her on five separate occasions over the course of a week in July 2016, according to the Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney's Office. He was never arrested and prosecutors declined to charge Elliott, citing conflicting and inconsistent information.

Under the terms of the NFL's personal conduct policy, players found by the league to have committed domestic violence are subject to "a baseline suspension without pay of six games" regardless of whether "the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction."

The policy states: "In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

Robert S. Tobias, principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, stated in an email to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero last year he believed "there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and [his accuser] where violence occurred."

"... Given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened," Tobias wrote in October. "Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things."

The NFL launched its investigation soon after Elliott's ex-girlfriend filed a police report last summer. League investigators first interviewed Elliott in October and met with him again last month. Elliott and the NFL Players Association turned over phone records and documents related to the case to the league in May.

It wasn't the only incident the NFL looked into involving Elliott. The same woman called police on Elliott in Feb. 2016 in Florida, where the former Ohio State star was training prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, sources with knowledge of the situation told Pelissero. She told police she suffered shoulder pain when Elliott pushed her up against a wall. Elliott wasn't arrested or charged.

In March of this year, Elliott was seen in videos and photos pulling down a woman's shirt and exposing her breast on the roof of a Dallas bar during a St. Patrick's Day parade. Last month, Elliott was involved in an incident at another Dallas bar that initially sparked an assault investigation before police suspended their probe. That incident, however, was not part of the NFL's completed probe, a source with knowledge of the investigation told Rapoport and Pelissero.

Elliott is in his second season with the Cowboys after rushing for 1,631 yards and 15 touchdowns en route to earning first-team All-Pro honors in 2016.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...p;sf105388653=1
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 04:42 PM
On one hand it's the NFL, so they probably botched this. On the other hand, they are probably trying really hard not to botch this.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 04:56 PM
Here is the full letter from the NFL to the Ezekiel Elliott regarding their investigation and suspension.

Looks like her beat her on several occasions.

NFL Letter to Zeke Re: Investigation and Findings

Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 04:56 PM
Goodell hates a rockstar. I'm sure Goodell considered his bar fight as well. Sending a stern message that offseason distractions and possible crimes will not be tolerated at the league level.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 04:58 PM
On one hand it's the NFL, so they probably botched this. On the other hand, they are probably trying really hard not to botch this.

+1

I'd bet Roger wasn't even involved in the investigation or decision and yet everyone will blame him for abusing his power.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

+1

I'd bet Roger wasn't even involved in the investigation or decision and yet everyone will blame him for abusing his power.

You may want to read the letter in the link I posted. Not sure how this letter got leaked.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 05:02 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Goodell hates a rockstar. I'm sure Goodell considered his bar fight as well. Sending a stern message that offseason distractions and possible crimes will not be tolerated at the league level.

It seems like they have actual evidence of abuse also. If that's the case, then I would like to see him gone longer than six games.

Elliott seems to be a buffoon. If you are under investigation for domestic violence, you should probably lay low in the off-season.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 05:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

+1

You may want to read the letter in the link I posted. Not sure how this letter got leaked.

I believe the NFL released it. Not leaked. If it was leaked, it's not surprising, alls it takes is someone forwarding an email to Schefter.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

+1

I read it.

It wasn't written by Roger. Also, the investigation was spearheaded by "MEMBERS OF THE EXTERNAL EXPERT ADVISORY PANEL".

- PETER HARVEY, Esq., former Attorney General for the State of New Jersey.
- KEN HOUSTON, member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, who played in 14 seasons in the NFL.
- TONYA LOVELACE, MA, Chief Executive Officer of The Women of Color Network, Inc.
- MARY JO WHITE, Esq., former United States attorney and former Chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowbo...ly-will-appeal/

But most NFL fans will make you believe Roger came up with this punishment over the weekend while twisting his mustache and laughing maniacally.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 05:20 PM
But most NFL fans will make you believe Roger came up with this punishment over the weekend while twisting his mustache and laughing maniacally.

That is probably how he came up with the punishment. That doesn't mean the investigation wasn't thorough.

Like I said before, if he beat this woman, then he should be suspended more than six games.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 08:50 PM
I guess the police department that didn't charge Elliot for Domestic Violence should hire that panel to do their jobs going forward.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/11/17 09:39 PM
Here are pictures of his ex-gf's bruises:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...girlfriend.html
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:00 AM
I get your bias and that's fine, but if law enforcement did not pursue charges, what proof do you have that Zeke committed the crime of "hitting a woman?"

I have no idea if Zeke is guilty or not. What I "think" is that is pretty freaking lame to assign guilt to an individual w/out substantive proof.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:06 AM
So bruises all over her body arent good enough proof for you?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:11 AM
I guess who put the bruises on her body is my question.

I am NOT defending Zeke, but why didn't the cops charge him?

God forbid a person keeps an open mind.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:12 AM
So you are saying this woman doesnt know who beat her?

What kind of mysoginist pig are you?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:19 AM
I am not saying that at all. I am saying is there proof that the committed the crime he is accused of?

I would also like to add that there IS PROOF that Joe Mixon punched a woman in the face and he is being embraced by the league.

My problem w/this is how is definitive proof less punishable than a claim where there is no proof?

And again...........Zeke might be guilty. If he is, I hope he is held accountable, but I don't get how you can suspend a guy when the law enforcement won't pursue the allegations.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:25 AM
You cant seem to follow along.

Obviously the bruises prove she was beaten.
Obviously she knows who did it.
She has filed the police report against him and legal action is in the works. Thats all she can possibly do until her day in court.
The NFL agrees with her and has suspended him.

But by all means continue to dim bulb about it.

"He hasnt been executed yet, he must be innocent!" -Vers
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:28 AM
Have a nice evening, Eve.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 04:12 AM
I get your bias and that's fine, but if law enforcement did not pursue charges, what proof do you have that Zeke committed the crime of "hitting a woman?"

The NFL's investigation concluded that he hit a woman. I am going off of what they said. I have also said that the NFL botches this stuff all the time.
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 12:03 PM
I think this makes Jerry's interview from the hall of fame game sound legitimately creepy and optically bad. Apparently there was something to see here.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 12:39 PM
Suspended...

Saw the pics... of those bruies are from him and etc - then it's shameful he's not getting punished outside the NFL realm too.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 01:17 PM
Suspended...

Saw the pics... of those bruies are from him and etc - then it's shameful he's not getting punished outside the NFL realm too.

How do you know that he gave the woman the bruises? Are you not considering the possibility that he might be innocent and that is why the police are not charging him? Have you not considered the possibility that perhaps the NFL is more worried about their image [after their past public relations disasters] than they are about a person's innocence or guilt?

Again, I don't know if Zeke is guilty or not. However, I do not trust the NFL over law enforcement.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 01:48 PM
Suspended...

How do you know that he gave the woman the bruises? Are you not considering the possibility that he might be innocent and that is why the police are not charging him? Have you not considered the possibility that perhaps the NFL is more worried about their image [after their past public relations disasters] than they are about a person's innocence or guilt?

Again, I don't know if Zeke is guilty or not. However, I do not trust the NFL over law enforcement.

Those of us who believe he beat her are trusting her story over his. That's pretty much it.

I believe the police haven't charged him (or won't be) because of who he is.
Posted By: Dave Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 02:41 PM
The following was reported in the article Pdawg posted here yesterday:

Quote:
The woman told police Elliott assaulted her on five separate occasions over the course of a week in July 2016, according to the Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney's Office. He was never arrested and prosecutors declined to charge Elliott, citing conflicting and inconsistent information.

Under the terms of the NFL's personal conduct policy, players found by the league to have committed domestic violence are subject to "a baseline suspension without pay of six games" regardless of whether "the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction."

The policy states: "In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy."

Robert S. Tobias, principal assistant city attorney in Columbus, stated in an email to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero last year he believed "there were a series of interactions between Mr. Elliott and [his accuser] where violence occurred."

"... Given the totality of the circumstances, I could not firmly conclude exactly what happened," Tobias wrote in October. "Saying something happened versus having sufficient evidence to criminally charge someone are two completely different things."

I can't stand Roger Goodell, but the NFL has clearly acted within the bounds of their personal conduct policy. While there is always the possibility that an injustice could occur - that the woman could be lying - in this particular case I think he did it.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 11:13 PM
Suspended...

Those of us who believe he beat her are trusting her story over his. That's pretty much it.

I believe the police haven't charged him (or won't be) because of who he is.

Agreed. Shame on the Columbus police department.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 11:15 PM
rofl
Posted By: BpG Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/12/17 11:36 PM
Love Zeke, but he deserved to get a suspension for his consistent issues with women. I think he's a good kid but he's been doing dumb stuff.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/13/17 12:18 PM
Suspended...

Sorry I had a typo, "of" I meant "if"...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/14/17 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
The following was reported in the article Pdawg posted here yesterday:

Quote:

I can't stand Roger Goodell, but the NFL has clearly acted within the bounds of their personal conduct policy. While there is always the possibility that an injustice could occur - that the woman could be lying - in this particular case I think he did it.

It would also appear that the NFL's investigation does not rely on such a high burden of proof as our justice system. As different folks have pointed out, there are advantages and disadvantages to this. I don't know very much about the situation, but it would appear that Zeke has an issue with violence.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/15/17 12:45 AM

I have no idea if Zeke is guilty or not. What I "think" is that is pretty freaking lame to assign guilt to an individual w/out substantive proof.

While I agree with you in theory, there are a variety of reasons an abused woman might refuse to press charges... so what do you do in those cases? The NFL certainly can't compel her to cooperate...

I look at the NFL more like a civil court or even the military court.. you can be forced to pay a stiff fine in civil court even if you weren't convicted of a crime.. you can be disciplined in the military for conduct unbecoming, even if it isn't illegal...

The NFL isn't finding legal guilt, they are protecting their reputation... and as long as they stay within the CBA, then they can suspend if they feel it is warranted, regardless of what the legal system chooses to do...

I just wish they hadn't suspended him right in the last 10 minutes of the Browns replay on NFL Network... that sucked missing the game I recorded to watch them talk about Zeke for 20 minutes...like I cared... That sucked.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/15/17 01:00 AM
Did she refuse to testify?

Now, what do you think about Brantley for the Browns? Law enforcement did not pursue charges even though a woman claimed he punched her. Should he be suspended for 6 weeks? Or, is it okay because he plays for the Browns.

Look DC............that last comment wasn't really for you. I respect your intelligence and objectivity almost always. This comment is to you: I think the NFL made this decision because of the the flavor of how the media reports things nowadays. They decided to punish Zeke w/out true facts to avoid a negative public opinion onslaught.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/15/17 05:33 PM
IIRC, the difference between Elliot and Brantley is that (again, iirc) they determined that the accuser was full of crap (paraphrasing).

But, along the lines of what I said before, the same thing could very well happen to Brantley as what is happening to Elliot. The NFL does not operate under the same burden of proof as police. It doesn't appear to be as high of a hurdle to convince the NFL of wrongdoing as it is to convince a state or federal prosecutor.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/16/17 04:42 PM
j/c:

So now there is a phone conversation that has been made public in which Zeke's accuser is discussing blackmailing him. I will just post the link to the article because there is some inappropriate language in the transcript of the conversation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/documents-e...-120034705.html
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/16/17 04:43 PM
:: eyebrows raised ::
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/16/17 06:02 PM
j/c:

So now there is a phone conversation that has been made public in which Zeke's accuser is discussing blackmailing him. I will just post the link to the article because there is some inappropriate language in the transcript of the conversation.

dang tsktsk
Posted By: jfanent Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/17/17 12:20 AM
j/c:

Looks like the NFL knew about this before the suspension. I hope they had some reasonable info (not just this money grubbing woman's accusations) leading them to believe that Zeke was responsible for those bruises.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 08/17/17 12:26 AM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
j/c:

Looks like the NFL knew about this before the suspension. I hope they had some reasonable info (not just this money grubbing woman's accusations) leading them to believe that Zeke was responsible for those bruises.

This is from that same article about the NFL's position:

Quote:
The texts and email registration don’t disprove the domestic violence allegations Thompson has made against Elliott, nor do they address the central issue of whether violence occurred.

Color me skeptical about the intentions of the NFL and the accuser.

Now, if Zeke is guilty........I'm glad he is being punished. However, this entire thing does not ring true to me.

I think the NFL is more interested in political correctness and gun-shy because of all the negative press they received in the Rice case. I think the accuser's comments speak for the type of person she is.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 12:13 PM
As I said in my last post on the subject, something didn't ring true in this case.

More news:

Quote:
Ezekiel Elliott is trying to overturn his suspension by arguing there was an NFL 'conspiracy' to 'hide critical information'

Business Insider Scott Davis,Business Insider Fri, Sep 1 8:39 AM PDT

Ezekiel Elliott(Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
The NFLPA filed a request on Thursday to block any suspension of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, according to reports.

Elliott, who was handed a six-game suspension by the NFL in August for domestic violence allegations, is seeking to have the suspension overturned by claiming there was a "league-wide conspiracy ... to hide critical information" in the league's investigation.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Dan Graziano, Kia Wright Roberts, the NFL's director of investigations, was the only NFL employee to interview Tiffany Thompson, Elliott's accuser. Roberts testified that she would not have recommended discipline against Elliott due to doubts about Thompson's credibility.

However, according to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, Roberts was excluded from a June 26 meeting in which investigators presented evidence to four independent outside experts who made recommendations to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Roberts was not available to share her recommendation that Elliott not be suspended.

Additionally, according to Florio, Lisa Friel, the NFL special counsel for investigations, allegedly told Goodell in a separate meeting that there was sufficient evidence to suspend Elliott. Roberts was reportedly not present at that meeting either.

According to ESPN, the NFLPA and Elliott's petition states:

"The withholding of this critical information from the disciplinary process was a momentous denial of the fundamental fairness required in every arbitration and, of course, does not satisfy federal labor law's minimal due process requirements."

As Florio states, the latest development in an already ugly case is likely to make the entire situation even uglier. The NFLPA petition comes after the union and Elliott already planned to call into question Thompson's credibility. The league and players union had already sparred over the matter in a series of tweets.

Additionally, the NFLPA argued that Elliott never got the chance to question Thompson's credibility in a cross-examination, thus keeping the arbitrator from making a fair ruling.

According to Florio, if the union's claim is accurate, Goodell may have to vacate the suspension, then re-hear the entire case, with the input of Roberts. At the very least, the matter seems a long way from being settled.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/a/36932926/...training-order/

I highlighted Friel's name because this isn't the first time she is being accused of w/holding evidence. You can read about her in the following article if you are interested.

Quote:
Ezekiel Elliott case: This isn't first time NFL's Lisa Friel was accused of withholding evidence

Yahoo Sports Charles Robinson,Yahoo Sports

The NFL Players Association’s lawsuit stemming from the investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott did not go unnoticed in at least two Manhattan high-rises on Friday.

Inside the NFL’s offices at 345 Park Avenue, executives were confronting allegations aimed at the league and investigation czar Lisa Friel, who (among others) stands accused in the union’s federal filing of concealing “critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott” in allegations of domestic violence. But in a law firm just six blocks away on Park Avenue, civil and criminal attorney Eric Sanders could muster only a disrespectful laugh. Only three years ago, Sanders tangled with Friel and others in a failed $175 million lawsuit. Among the allegations: Friel’s office failed to turn over evidence in a criminal trial involving his client.

“I’m not shocked at the allegations [against Friel],” Sanders said Friday. “… It sounds familiar.”
Ezekiel Elliott's appeal of a six-game suspension is in the hands of arbitrator Harold Henderson. (AP)
Ezekiel Elliott’s appeal of a six-game suspension is in the hands of arbitrator Harold Henderson. (AP)

Sanders’ stance isn’t a surprise. He has taken shots at Friel’s conduct as a prosecutor in the past, most notably when the NFL announced her hiring in 2014. After NFL commissioner Roger Goodell appointed Friel as the league’s top investigator, Sanders tweeted: “How can the @nfl hire Lisa Friel, she was implicated for prosecutorial misconduct in the Moreno alleged rape case?”

It was a bombastic tweet by Sanders that ultimately wasn’t supported by court decisions. But it reached back into one of the more eyebrow-raising moments in Friel’s career. A moment that saw her Manhattan Sex Crimes Unit controversially involved in an HBO documentary that would ultimately prompt allegations of withholding evidence from defense attorneys.
[Sign up for Fantasy Football before it’s too late! Draft now for free]

Friel was the head of the unit at the time in 2011, which was participating in a documentary relating to the group’s work. During the course of filming, two of Friel’s investigators were recorded discussing the active rape prosecution of former New York police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata. While the footage never made it into the documentary, Friel’s office failed to turn the footage over to the defense prior to the investigators taking the witness stand, which could’ve been a violation of state law. Defense attorneys would later argue the footage could have been beneficial to their clients’ defense.

Moreno and Franklin were ultimately acquitted of the rape charges, but each was dealt prison sentences for official misconduct convictions. That’s where opposing lawyers attempted to seize on the documentary footage that hadn’t been provided to the defense. But attempts to overturn the misconduct convictions on the basis of concealing evidence ultimately failed, as appeals courts ruled the footage was immaterial and hasn’t illustrated prosecutorial misconduct.

Friel would step down from the Sex Crimes Unit in July 2011, after the evidence flap and rape acquittals. It has been reported by multiple outlets that she was asked to resign for a handful of reasons – among them engaging in the HBO documentary and also internal prosecutorial differences with her then-boss, New York County district attorney Cyrus Vance.
The NFLPA is questioning the conduct of NFL executive Lisa Friel, pictured here in 2014, in her handling of Ezekiel Elliott's suspension. (AP)
The NFLPA is questioning the conduct of NFL executive Lisa Friel, pictured here in 2014, in her handling of Ezekiel Elliott’s suspension. (AP)

Whatever the reasons, she was eventually targeted by Sanders, who filed a $175 million lawsuit against the district attorney’s office, HBO, Friel and multiple district attorney staffers stemming from the handling of the Moreno case. The suit ultimately ended in failure, but Sanders remains adamant on one point: Friel’s office failed to turn over what he believes is untold raw footage from the documentary that might have been beneficial to Moreno’s defense. And Sanders says Friel will always bare responsibility for that.

“She was the main prosecutor,” Sanders said. “It was her office. Sex Crimes was her office. That was her responsibility. She was intimately involved. She can’t push it off to the underlings. She was the supervisor. She had direct involvement in that prosecution.”

Whether the past incident speaks at all to the Elliott case is debatable. But the NFLPA went directly at Friel with a damning allegation: that she withheld key conclusions of Kia Wright Roberts, the lone NFL investigator to interview Elliott’s accuser Tiffany Thompson. Roberts testified that she produced a memo raising questions about Thompson’s credibility and ultimately didn’t feel there was corroborating evidence to support Thompson’s claims or to suspend Elliott.

The league denies the NFLPA’s allegations and says all of the evidence, including Roberts’ analysis, made it into the hands of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. The players union is ready to argue otherwise, suggesting that Friel and others conspired to conceal evidence that would help Elliott’s case. Somewhere in that space is the truth. And unquestionably, Friel’s reputation is tied to it. For now, an NFL spokesperson told Yahoo Sports that she will not be made available for comment.

Sanders has been down this road and lost. He still disputes that the withheld documentary footage was irrelevant to his client’s case and believes Friel’s Sex Crimes Unit acted inappropriately. And he says that his loss shouldn’t stop anyone from questioning the motives of prosecutors who are in control of vital pieces of information.

“Prosecutors cover things up all the time,” Sanders said. “It’s just there’s never any recourse. Prosecutors do cover things up. It happens. It’s not about justice. It’s about winning. It has nothing to do with the public. It has to do with their own personal agendas and their egos.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ezekiel-ell...-232701902.html

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 12:17 PM
I think the NFL railroaded Elliot because they were motivated by public relations. People say stuff like: "Smoke a joint and get suspended. Hit a woman and nothing happens."

Perception often affects reality.

I don't know exactly what happened in the case between Elliot and his accuser, nor will I pretend to.

What I do know is that the NFL was unfair and downright criminal in how they handled the case. Withholding information is not a new practice, but it is criminal. I hope the responsible parties are held accountable for their dastardly actions.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 12:34 PM
I am not going to post this article because due to its length and it contains several tweets that don't look good on here.

The article is called: In court filing, NFL players’ union alleges ‘League-orchestrated conspiracy’ against Ezekiel Elliott

Goodall looks guilty as sin and it's important to note that the NFL's lead investigator recommended that Elliot not be suspended. She was not included in the final panel that decided Elliot's punishment and her report was not considered.

LOL...........you can't make this stuff up.

The link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...m=.559297c530fb
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Framing of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 12:42 PM
Man, read that last article closely. It's unreal. Friel almost certainly framed Elliot, probably because that is what she was asked to do.

The lead investigator was the only person from the NFL to interview the accuser and she said the witness was not credible. That information was w/held. It goes on and on.

I hope that the guilty parties are punished for their despicable actions in this case!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 01:32 PM
Although Ezekiel did admit to liking to do drugs under oath as well.

Link
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 04:00 PM
I don't know why anyone would expect fairness from Goodell.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 05:12 PM
j/c:

I'm not sure if you two read the articles, but there is some damning information against the NFL in them.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 05:36 PM
I read them and I agree. I've never trusted Goodell and the NFL. They play judge, jury and executioner no matter what a court of law decides. They hear what they want to and dismiss what they want to. This practice permits them to overrule the court system of our nation.

There needs to be an independent agency that makes these decisions and not simply the NFL. It's like two guys arguing a topic and one of the two guys getting to decide who wins. It's a rigged system.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 07:43 PM
So wearing Cowboys stuff around lowers the IQ. "Dumb" may not be adequate. How much of the 'pattern' part of this can the NFL address or redress? The Columbus police are really in question here. Apparently Homer's Law at work.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/03/17 11:15 PM
I can't believe this isn't getting more play. People were all over it when it came to convicting him, but now the evidence shows that he was framed and people want to ignore it?

That is extremely interesting.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 01:13 AM
I don't see the frame job. Maybe I'm just missing something. Did she consider blackmailing him 3 months later? Yes, but that doesn't mean things hadn't happened previously. I don't have access to all the facts, and both sides are putting out their skewed versions of events. How much contact do investigators generally have with the commissioner? Does he typically just get the reports and deal with a higher up?

I don't know one way or the other what all actually happened, so I'm not really commenting on it until more facts come to light. I question Zeke's credibility as well as hers.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 01:20 AM
"Players union alleges..."

Meh. That tells me all I need to know.

Of course they say that. What else are they gonna say.

Not any different than "Kapernick is being black balled"

They get paid to say that.

I'm with Grimm. Let us know when there are actual facts. And not people making up stories.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 02:26 AM
This tells me you did not read the articles. They w/held evidence. That is wrong no matter how you slice it.

They did not let the lead investigator testify. They squashed the reports from the lead investigator. The lead investigator was the only person to talk to the accuser. The lead investigator determined that the accuser was not credible. The NFL ignored her reports and didn't allow her to be part of the decision making process.

Lisa Friel has a history of wrongdoings. She has w/held evidence in the past and did so again. They did not make Zeke's camp aware of certain information despite the fact that they should have.

This is a no brainer. The NFL was wrong!

They framed Zeke because of the possible public relations backlash.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 02:27 AM
And Grimm.................you defended Art "Freaking" Briles, but are assigning guilt to Zeke? Amazing!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 03:24 AM
And Grimm.................you defended Art "Freaking" Briles, but are assigning guilt to Zeke? Amazing!

No, I'm questioning the credibility of a self-admitted drug user, who was videotaped exposing a young lady's chest in a separate incident, is/was known to get a little wild, and apparently has sex tapes floating around out there to be blackmailed with.

I'm saying there is probably more to the story that we aren't hearing, just like I did with Briles. I'm sorry I was willing to let due process run it's course before declaring someone guilty.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 03:37 AM
I heard on XM radio NFL Channel that it is still widely known the Elliot is still partying hard quite often. Has not learned any lessons yet. Having NFLPA and the Cowboys continue to excuse his behavior and support him just continue to enable him. There is no doubt he will end up soon as another Josh Gordon.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 03:44 AM
This tells me you did not read the articles. They w/held evidence. That is wrong no matter how you slice it.

They did not let the lead investigator testify. They squashed the reports from the lead investigator. The lead investigator was the only person to talk to the accuser. The lead investigator determined that the accuser was not credible. The NFL ignored her reports and didn't allow her to be part of the decision making process.

Lisa Friel has a history of wrongdoings. She has w/held evidence in the past and did so again. They did not make Zeke's camp aware of certain information despite the fact that they should have.

This is a no brainer. The NFL was wrong!

They framed Zeke because of the possible public relations backlash.

I clicked through at least a couple of the articles.

Did they withhold information? Or just not include it in certain documents? Did Elliott's people have access to the accuser? Could they not have presented there own information about her credibility? Should an investigator have a part in the decision making process or should they just present their employer the information? Did the investigator find the witness not credible or did she question her credibility? Did they not let the lead investigator testify or did they not ask the investigator to testify?

Framing involves creating evidence, I haven't seen anything to indicate that.

Here's an article that paints Friel in a different light:
Link

Maybe she chose not to include questioning the accuser's credibility because it was an opinion and she doesn't like to show skepticism to potential victims because it could lead them to not report future incidents.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/04/17 01:39 PM
I don't know that I would call it being framed, but it is odd the lead investigator wasn't allowed in the meetings.

I might call it being railroaded.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/05/17 01:12 PM
Quote:
NFL files motion to dismiss in Ezekiel Elliott case

Curtis Crabtree,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 3 hours ago

The National Football League has filed a motion to dismiss the federal case brought by the NFL Players’ Association in support of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

According to A.J. Perez of the USA Today, the league claims the NFLPA doesn’t have the standing to seek a temporary restraining order for a decision that does not yet exist. The decision in question would be the opinion of arbitrator Harold Henderson in his review of the six-game suspension imposed on Elliott by the league.

In essence, the league contends the NFLPA must wait for an arbitration decision to be reached before having the basis to file a challenge against that ruling and a TRO to halt its effects.

The motions to dismiss by the NFL were the next expected move in the court proceedings. Even if the court agrees the NFLPA doesn’t currently have standing for their filings, the union and Elliott could resubmit the claims once the arbitration process has played out.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-files-motions-dismiss-ezekiel-044042805.html

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/06/17 12:22 AM
NFL says that Zeke is going to play Sunday.

Things are a bit unclear right now, but he is playing in week 1.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/06/17 01:08 AM
So he's suspended 6 games but playing week 1? How does that make sense...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/06/17 01:26 AM
I think, but am not positive, is because the ruling didn't take place until today [yesterday was Labor Day.]

The NFL is crooked. They certainly conspired against him. They are not going to want to admit that, thus they upheld the 6-game suspension.

Zeke's camp are hoping that the Federal judge rules against the NFL when the truth comes out. The bad thing for them is that court has previously ruled that the NFL can enforce their own decisions as a business.

Their only hope is that the Federa

l judge is repulsed by how inappropriate the NFL was in this matter. I get that most people on this board don't like Zeke or the Cowboys, but what happened was a terrible injustice that was fueled for purely public relations perceptions.

Btw--------In addition to Zeke's ex-girlfriend admitting to trying about blackmailing him, she has also said she had sex w/one of Zeke's teammates, WR Lucky Whitehead.

Railroaded by the NFL!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/06/17 01:32 AM
I hate the cowboys but I think this case of domestic violence is crap.... I can see them suspending him for a multitude of small infractions - the weed shop, grabbing a woman's boob at a parade, etc... But if it's based on the domestic violence case I wouldn't trust the accuser... I typically side with the accuser,but this case sounds more like someone trying to get a money grab
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/06/17 09:52 PM
she has also said she had sex w/one of Zeke's teammates, WR Lucky Whitehead.

What does that have to do with whether he best her ass or not? Sounds like motive to me
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 12:42 AM
Not that you'll understand, but when you add up all the things that have been posted in these recent articles and she admitted to wanting to blackmail him by telling a lie, it has to do w/the accuser not being a credible witness and the NFL ignoring that because they wanted to avoid negative PR feedback.

Once again, I am not saying that Zeke is innocent of the charges. I am simply saying he was railroaded by the NFL.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 01:16 AM
Not that you'll understand, but when you add up all the things that have been posted in these recent articles and she admitted to wanting to blackmail him by telling a lie, it has to do w/the accuser not being a credible witness and the NFL ignoring that because they wanted to avoid negative PR feedback.

Once again, I am not saying that Zeke is innocent of the charges. I am simply saying he was railroaded by the NFL.
So hes not innocent of the charges, yet you are defending a woman beater? Seems about your level of class.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 01:48 AM
Originally Posted By: kingodawg

So hes not innocent of the charges, yet you are defending a woman beater? Seems about your level of class.

Thanks for the usual insult, but that is not what I said.

I said I do not know if he is innocent or guilty. And neither do you.

Has he been convicted of beating her? Hell, he wasn't even charged by the police of beating her.

The NFL is doing this due to PR. Keep your head in the sand and refuse to keep an open mind. It explains some things.
Posted By: hitt Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 02:02 AM
JMHO, problems of "black culture"- he said/ she said...and both are losers as citizens- Elliott admits to drug use, has entitled mentality-do anything I want cuz I'm star....the "lady" will do anything for drugs/money/fame...both, just pillars of society....please checkout Hey Jackass on internet to understand why blacks might be profiled....blacks killing blacks for years like it's the wild west....sad....But, remember Black Lives Matter....unless you are black and killing a black....so sad....and it never ends.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 02:08 AM
Originally Posted By: hitt
JMHO, problems of "black culture"- he said/ she said...and both are losers as citizens- Elliott admits to drug use, has entitled mentality-do anything I want cuz I'm star....the "lady" will do anything for drugs/money/fame...both, just pillars of society....please checkout Hey Jackass on internet to understand why blacks might be profiled....blacks killing blacks for years like it's the wild west....sad....But, remember Black Lives Matter....unless you are black and killing a black....so sad....and it never ends.

I think you are full of crap. This kind of thing goes on in all cultures and is not indicative of blacks. I have many black friends and colleagues that have great relationships. Judging people by their race is ignorant.

You are just as bad as the other side that I just left on another thread.

You're all bigoted and refuse to judge individuals as individuals. Assigning blame or praising people due to their race, culture, sex, religion, etc is wrong.

And I don't care what side you are on. You're wrong.

And I also don't care that I am pissing off the haters on both sides. In fact, I am happy to do it because y'all disgust me.

Side note: Most people that I meet and know are not so hateful as the posters I have recently spoken with. Most of us want to get along. We respect each other until the other loses that respect. We want to get along. We are not part of the problem and hopefully, the majority can overcome the idiocy and hate of the few!
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: hitt

Tiffany Thompson is white. Not that it matters. Race has nothing to do with acting like that, prime example - Johnny Manziel.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 10:17 AM
Quote:
You're all bigoted and refuse to judge individuals as individuals.

rofl That's gold.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/07/17 11:58 AM
If the league is really "withholding information", I'm guessing it is the sex tape. They probably bought it up as soon as they learned of its existence. They probably aren't using it because there is no way that looks good for them. I'm not sure if Zeke's defense team is almost playing chicken with the league or what. It's hard to believe that the accuser/victim hasn't sold the tape based on the blackmail conversation, which leads me to believe that she has, but to someone that doesn't want it released.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/08/17 10:32 PM
j.c:

Quote:
Ezekiel Elliott restraining order granted; likely won't serve 6-game suspension in 2017.

https://twitter.com/FantasyLabsNFL/status/906280443980468224

This is a DFS site I follow and it was the first thing that popped up in my search, but I'm guessing other sites are reporting the TRO on Elliot as well.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/09/17 12:51 AM
So glad I picked up zeke in the 7th round of my fantasy draft....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/09/17 01:02 PM
Here is an article about the NFL's shameful tactics in the Elliot case:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/even-nfl-be...-033100078.html
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 09/18/17 05:00 PM
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 10/31/17 03:42 AM
Ezekiel Elliott's suspension reinstated as judge dissolves injunction

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1410854

Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott had his temporary restraining order dissolved by New York judge Katherine Failla Monday, reinstating his six-game suspension for domestic abuse

The judge found the NFLPA failed to show a substantial question that warranted the extraordinary remedy of injunctive relief, and that Elliott had enough opportunity to challenge the league's ruling in arbitration hearings, according to The Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos.

Elliott has 24 hours before the suspension takes its full form, allowing him the option to appeal to the second circuit court, which could potentially come back to the fifth circuit court, according to Jane Slater of NFL Network.

As it stands, Elliott will miss the next six games, but will be eligible to return Week 15 against the Oakland Raiders and play the final three weeks of the season.

Elliott has produced 690 rushing yards and 210 yards receiving with eight total touchdowns this season through seven games. Alfred Morris is expected to replace him in the starting lineup.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 10/31/17 07:08 AM
Trade Crow to Dallas for their backup qb.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 10/31/17 09:07 AM
they might go after NE's Gillislee
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 10/31/17 10:51 AM
Goodall needs to go!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 10/31/17 11:56 AM
Goodall needs to go!

I agree. Too many wishy washy, inconsistent decisions. Not just in this case, but as a general trend out of the office.

In his defense, it seems that owners can dictate too much these days. It's like they don't want a commish who can actually rule over the game. After Rozell, it seems they wanted weakened oversight.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott - 11/03/17 08:05 PM
© DawgTalkers.net