Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
With an investigation that is still up in the air for a dv last year he does something stupid.

Ezekiel Elliott pulls down woman’s top at parade
Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2017, 1:30 PM EDT
Getty Images

While no NFL players (or anyone else) should be pulling down a woman’s top in public and exposing one of her breasts, the last one who should be doing it is Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot. And yet he has done just that, via TMZ.

Elliott, who remains under investigation for domestic violence allegations made against him last year, pulled at the top of a woman and exposed her breast in an incident that was captured on video during a St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

Per TMZ, one of Elliott’s representatives claims it was “all in good fun” and that the “woman wasn’t upset.”

Whether the woman whose clothing was partially removed in a public place by Elliott is upset doesn’t matter. Whether the league office views the behavior in a negative way does. If the folks at 345 Park Avenue trying to sift through the evidence are still undecided on whether to believe Elliott or the woman who has accused him of five incident of domestic violence in a six-day period, this is the kind of thing that could break the tie under the very low “more likely than not” standard of evidence.

It also could amount to an aggravating circumstance for any violation happening in 2016, enhancing the punishment the league imposes. It also could amount to a separate violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Given the explanation provided nearly seven years ago when Goodell suspended Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, it’s not a stretch to conclude that the league would take action for this kind of conduct regardless of whether the woman was upset by it.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated [the] law,” Goodell told Roethlisberger. “[Y]ou are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct . . . that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans. . . . Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”

It doesn’t matter whether Elliott, the woman, the media, the fans, or anyone else believe that Elliott’s conduct crosses the line. What matters is whether the NFL believes it, and whether the NFL will do something about it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/ezekiel-elliott-pulls-down-womans-top-at-parade/

D
Legend
Legend
D
So stupid!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again an athlete that thinks he is above the law ... superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Dumb. Looked intentional.

Why was there a St. Patrick's day party now, and not on the 17th?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Dumb. Looked intentional.

Why was there a St. Patrick's day party now, and not on the 17th?

I was downtown Columbus on Saturday and everyone was decked out in green. I was very confused - I even had to validate on my phone that St. Patrick's day was not Saturday. Really odd.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. I had to look at my calendar to see when St. Pat's day was. It's this coming Friday.

Seemingly a great day for a St. Pat's day party.

Why have some parade a week early?

Legend
Legend
pretty dumb

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Sometimes places will bump up dates if they are expecting bad weather on the actual day of event.

Last edited by Swish; 03/13/17 04:10 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
There's a second video where he attempts to do it again.

She slaps his hand away.

Then immediately pulls her shirt down herself.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
To me this is just an example of how society is changing now that every one is walking around with a camera in their hand.

quote from the article:

"Whether the woman whose clothing was partially removed in a public place by Elliott is upset doesn’t matter."

Isn't this all that really does matter?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Isn't this all that really does matter?

When you are in the situation Elliott is in? No. Image matters.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
While no NFL players (or anyone else) should be pulling down a woman’s top in public and exposing one of her breasts, the last one who should be doing it is Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliot. And yet he has done just that, via TMZ.

The last one? Really? Zeke has committed worse crimes than guys like Mixon, Manziel, Rice, Hardy, Ben, Hill, etc?

Many young people have fun. Many young people drink. Many young people don't think the naked body is disgusting. Many young people are sexual in nature. Many young people don't have a stick up their butts.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Well yeah, right.

Given that the moment can be caught "on film".

That a photo can be made of the action.

If the girl doesn't care, who cares?

The little children? The Pope? Is someone's "sensitivities" brutally offended?

I don't see a newsworthy event here.

I guess an NFL player's image is to be that of a perfect gentleman.

E
Legend
Legend
E
That doesnt make it ok to sexually assault a woman.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
You have a daughter?

V
Legend
Legend
V
What? I never suggested that.

I think the two of them were having fun.

If he had done it w/out her consent, it would be a completely different story and I would be slamming him, much as I have w/Mixon, the Oklahoma RB.

Kids get drunk and have fun. They do some dumb things. I think that is the case here.

Sexual assault is completely different. IF the girl comes out and complains that she didn't want Zeke to do what he did and she is upset...........I will completely change my tune.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by eve:

"That doesnt make it ok to sexually assault a woman."

Well, that brings up an interesting point.

If the woman didn't really care, if the actions were of a playful nature (as opposed to an aggressive unwanted advance), it's not sexual assault.

Maybe it could qualify as misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont know. Public indecency? If the girl doesnt care then I dont care, but a lot of people(females) get stars in their eyes for celebrities and submit to things they would not ordinarily agree to because of influence.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
She most definitely was surprised that he did it. Whether she was offended or not, if this is let go, I think it opens the door for the "I didn't think she'd mind" defense.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
I guess an NFL player's image is to be that of a perfect gentleman.

Who said that?

When the league is investigating you for domestic violence it is probably best not to get caught in these type of situations.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
That doesnt make it ok to sexually [censored] different level.

We don't know what happend before that, and if true, about he flashing, she obviously doesn't have a problem with showing the "puppies".

I will wait to see if she brings charges. To me it is all about her attitude.

If she felt violated, that is one thing, and I support her. If she didn't that is another. Mardi Gras was just a few weeks ago. Thousands of women a night expose their breasts on a whim, for all to see.

In this country we are hung up on boobs. In most of Europe and many other countires, women go to the beach topless all the time. It is viewed as strange if they don't.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Even though I didn't want to I felt I had to search out, find and watch the video for scientific purposes....Okay, honestly? I think this is a case where they were just having fun. She even egged him on a little bit beforehand. No harm, no foul. IMHO

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont know what sexist garbage you are posting, but leave my name out of it.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What was he thinking??!!

Now if he had just grabbed her in the P**** , it would be no problem.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
What was he thinking??!!

Now if he had just grabbed her in the P**** , it would be no problem.

Elliot has to take her furniture shopping, first.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
In the great words of Nelly.

'I am just playing.......Unless you going do it....."

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Didn't any of you ever see the wedding scene in the 1977 Football movie Semi-tough with Bert Reynolds & Kristofferson? Same exact circumstance.

1st String
1st String
Really what in the world was he thinking? Dumb move Zeke.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If you look at both videos, it was not a malicious attack or anything like that. BUT Zeke cannot do that due to the situation he is in. A moment of judgement lapse and he is now going to hear from the NFL. Who was looking for ANYTHING on him!

Legend
Legend
Wasn't his domestic assault case already proven to be fabricated?

This video is stupid. But I doubt anything will come of it.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Legend
Legend
I'm in agreement with Peen.. if the girl doesn't care then I don't care... I like boobies.

yebat' Putin
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This thread needs an infographic on consent...

Legend
Legend
Agreed...consent doesn't mean force the act first to see if she has a problem with it. This girl obviously wasn't expecting Zeke to pull her shirt down in public. Because she didn't have a problem with it after the fact does't make it ok. Like I said, before you know it someone else is going to do this and try to play the "I didn't thing she'd mind" card.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Right.

It's illegal for the girl to expose her own breast in public.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
It's not the fact that breasts are unlawful when displayed in public.

It's the fact someone does something without permission. I knew two guys in high school who got fired for slapping other female teenagers on the behind. This is back in 2006, actually. They were warned "we could press further charges, but we'll let you guys just get fired."

Sure, she pulls her shirt down only after she thinks about it herself. You could consider this sexual assault with him doing this. The "young people just having fun!" defense bothers me.

Not all young people acted like fools. Many stayed away from drugs, waited till a legal age to drink alcohol, and never "partied" to be like the cool kids.

Anyhow, here's an infographic on consent.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
consent doesn't mean force the act first to see if she has a problem with it. This girl obviously wasn't expecting Zeke to pull her shirt down in public. Because she didn't have a problem with it after the fact does't make it ok.

In general I agree with you... What if it wasn't NFL star Zeke Elliot that did it? What if it was a casual acquaintance or even a stranger that just reached over and pulled her top down?

I mean if she doesn't care then I still don't care but it's a bad look.. it's a bad precedent to set that this is ok.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Where did this happen? Because under Ohio law women can legally go topless unless it's forbidden on a local statute.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ddubia
Where did this happen? Because under Ohio law women can legally go topless unless it's forbidden on a local statute.

Choosing to go topless and have someone else pull your top down, without consent, are two different things. Obviously.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: ddubia

Choosing to go topless and have someone else pull your top down, without consent, are two different things. Obviously.

Surprising that this needed to be pointed out.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Well, maybe ddub didn't talk about it because the girl later left w/Zeke and there were reports that she said it was consensual.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Stupidity of Ezekiel Elliott

Link Copied to Clipboard