DawgTalkers.net
Report: Peyton Manning Could Return to NFL as GM of Browns, Rams or Titans

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/27375...-rams-or-titans

Peyton Manning is reportedly considering a return to the NFL as a general manager as soon as next season, according to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports (h/t Mike Jurecki of 98.7 FM The Blitz).

Glazer noted in his report that the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Rams were potential destinations for Manning.

Jurecki also tweeted, "Its possible some of teams interested in Manning could offer him a small percentage of ownership."

The news comes on the same day that the Indianapolis Colts—where Manning spent the majority of his career and won one of his two Super Bowl titles—unveiled a statue honoring Manning outside of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Manning will also have his No. 18 jersey retired at halftime of Sunday's contest between the Colts and San Francisco 49ers. He spoke with former teammate and NFL Network analyst Marshall Faulk about both honors on Sunday morning:

Manning was one of the NFL's most cerebral and meticulous quarterbacks in NFL history, operating almost as an offensive coordinator on the field for the Colts and Denver Broncos. That led to speculation and rumors upon his retirement that he would take a role in an NFL front office, though until this point Manning has remained away from the game in any official capacity.

His absence from the NFL could reportedly come to a close as soon as next year, however.
The Rams and Titans don't make much sense unless they are blowing it up.
Isn't there a Haslam/Manning connection? I guess if you throw enough money at someone they might consider it.

Not really worth investing too much thought in it now though...
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Isn't there a Haslam/Manning connection? I guess if you throw enough money at someone they might consider it.

The Haslam/Manning connection is just that Manning went to Tennessee and the Haslam's names are all over that place.
Yeah, UT.
Actually Tenn. makes perfect sense. He played for Tenn. in college and he's almost considered a God here.
I don't see us bailing on sashi and co. by next year. Jimmy has preached continuity ever sine letting petting and farmer go. he would look even more foolish than he does now. But who knows, he seems to want to only sell tickets and manning will do that.
Above being a sports franchise, it's a corporation. Actually 32 corporations ran by billionaires. Anyone who doesn't believe the money comes before everything else is only fooling themselves.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Above being a sports franchise, it's a corporation. Actually 32 corporations ran by billionaires. Anyone who doesn't believe the money comes before everything else is only fooling themselves.
Agree, a plus side would be Manning realizes that until you have a QB, you are not doing anything in the NFL. If he could finally bring that to us, I think he would be legend. How knows, he could be a two time hall of famer (player and GM)
While what you say may be true, let's look at the flip side of that.

If you're Peyton Manning, with multiple opportunities, why would you choose the worst possible scenario to walk into? Both the Rams and Tenn. are much further along on the road to success. As a businessman I don't believe walking into what at least appears as the worst possible case scenario would be a smart move given better options.

Is it possible he would want to play the savior? It's possible. I just don't believe it's likely that he would be willing to take a huge risk at soiling his legacy.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
While what you say may be true, let's look at the flip side of that.

If you're Peyton Manning, with multiple opportunities, why would you choose the worst possible scenario to walk into? Both the Rams and Tenn. are much further along on the road to success. As a businessman I don't believe walking into what at least appears as the worst possible case scenario would be a smart move given better options.

Is it possible he would want to play the savior? It's possible. I just don't believe it's likely that he would be willing to take a huge risk at soiling his legacy.
I understand that, but when you really look at it, why would the Rams and Titans part ways with current FO? The rams seem to be on up the and up. The titans would be his ideal spot, but don't count out jimmy and dee giving him an ownership deal. IDK if Tenn does that.
I would expect the Titans, who looked to be in line to win a division at the start of the season, to tear everything apart after they fail to make the playoffs. We'll see how they do against the Colts this week and hopefully the Browns beat them in 2 weeks... Mularkey won't be the HC after this season unless they make the playoffs.
I wonder if Manning has the attributes of a successful GM.

If he does, he'll need and want the authority to carry out his charge. (being a good GM)

Quote:
"Its possible some of teams interested in Manning could offer him a small percentage of ownership."

Sure, but the value of owning an NFL team right now is in a downward spiral.

In "today's dollars" - I'm sure we've already seen the highest price ever paid for an NFL franchise.

Of course given inflation, one may sell for $100 Billion dollars in 50 years.

Can't wait for "Bill Cowher buys house in Strongsville" silly season to start.
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The Haslam/Manning connection is just that Manning went to Tennessee and the Haslam's names are all over that place.

Sure that's how the families got to know each other, but, the Haslam Family and Manning ties run a bit deeper than that. However, the notion that Manning is going to come to Cleveland to fix the Browns is comical.

I'm not implying you believe there is a chance Manning would come here, just a general comment.
Quote:

That's the only question that really matters. FA's aren't going to flock here for reduced salaries just because he's the GM... Does he have what it takes to build a solid staff under him? Evaluate coaches? Evaluate talent at ALL positions? Manage the salary cap? Hire cheerleaders? I mean, there is a lot of work that goes into being a GM that has NOTHING to do with being an outstanding QB...

I will add, I guess the one thing you can rest easy on is that the guy has an unending work ethic.. that is the one thing I would feel very comfortable about, the dude is going to put in the work.. whether it's successful or not is the question.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

That's the only question that really matters. FA's aren't going to flock here for reduced salaries just because he's the GM... Does he have what it takes to build a solid staff under him? Evaluate coaches? Evaluate talent at ALL positions? Manage the salary cap? Hire cheerleaders? I mean, there is a lot of work that goes into being a GM that has NOTHING to do with being an outstanding QB...

I will add, I guess the one thing you can rest easy on is that the guy has an unending work ethic.. that is the one thing I would feel very comfortable about, the dude is going to put in the work.. whether it's successful or not is the question.

at least when it comes to evaluating talent, i certainly trust his judgement over Sashi's
Quote:
at least when it comes to evaluating talent, i certainly trust his judgement over Sashi's

I probably would too.. but the best players don't always make the best coaches or the best talent evaluators.. I guess it comes down to him hiring (or retaining) the right scouts and then listening to them...
I trust him more than I do Sashi when it comes to talent evaluation and when or to when not cut a player.
Man, I don't know how I feel about "people who haven't ever been in the position and have no experience there" situations any longer. So many people coming and going, busting, being a 5th rounder selected in the first round, not meeting expectations, hurt all the time and fragile is heated glass and all those attributes you/we/I judge rookies on here - it's not even a matter I can even crack a joke about anymore.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I trust him more than I do Sashi when it comes to talent evaluation and when or to when not cut a player.

Manning would bring instant credibility to the team. He would also want to bring in all of his own people (and he probably has a bunch of his own people). That means a full on blow up. I don't know if I can deal with a full on blow up again.
Manning would bring instant credibility to the team.

People said the same thing about Holmgren, and that was an unmitigated disaster.
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

People said the same thing about Holmgren, and that was an unmitigated disaster.

I never said it would work.
If it is true that some teams get "breaks" in the NFL, we would turn into on of them ... they league would certainly want him to be in a successful spot ($$)

All of the above is true. On the other hand, it's pretty hard to say Sashi's plan is working and is not an unmitigated disaster.

Probably a good thing Sashi isn't our talent evaluator then, huh?
I bet he could really encourage our young guys

All of the above is true. On the other hand, it's pretty hard to say Sashi's plan is working and is not an unmitigated disaster.

I would say Sashi's plan is incomplete.

Of course there is, you know that. The Haslam family has donated millions....I mean ten's of millions to the UT program over the last 30 or so years..

I would say Sashi's plan is incomplete.

Did you actually read what I wrote or were you just going all in on defending Sashi?

It's kind of odd that you question Hue quite a bit. Shouldn't his grade also be an "incomplete?"

For example.........you have twice brought up Hue's mistake in naming Kizer the starter and pretended that Sashi had no say in that. Yet, I have not seen you say that it was a mistake passing on Wentz.

LOL..........what was the bigger mistake, cfrs?
Anyone know if he or his agent have been shopping for houses in Sandusky??
LOL
Did you actually read what I wrote or were you just going all in on defending Sashi?

You are trying way too hard.

It's kind of odd that you question Hue quite a bit. Shouldn't his grade also be an "incomplete?"

For example.........you have twice brought up Hue's mistake in naming Kizer the starter and pretended that Sashi had no say in that.

This is what I said:

Quote:
So has anyone affiliated with the team acknowledged that starting Kizer early was a mistake?

I later brought up Jackson because he is the one who answers questions from the press everyday. Hue's grade is definitely an incomplete also. As I've said several times, the plan should not change because of five games into the second season.

Yet, I have not seen you say that it was a mistake passing on Wentz.

LOL..........what was the bigger mistake, cfrs?

Hue Jackson wanted Jared Goff.
Wait! What?

How am I "trying too hard?"

And what am I trying too hard at?

Now, let's cut through the BS, cfrs:

Who is more responsible for the record of the Browns this year?

A. Hue

B. The FO

C. The Owner

D. The fans

A. Hue

B. The FO

C. The Owner

D. The fans

The correct answer is C.
Ding! I'll buy that or e: all of the above.

A. Hue

B. The FO

C. The Owner

D. The fans

The correct answer is C.

I was ganna say "The Browns"

But it's more fun to point fingers and possibly be "right"
I could see Sashi moving to President role to bring Manning in. I would love to see him here. Great Football minds are far and few between, Manning is one.
I'm starting to move from "No way we can start over" to "How the heck can they allow this crew to go on".
The QB whiffs are major guffaws and very telling about this group. It's actually horrifying.

Nothing Jimmy does would surprise me. Heck, sell the damn team to Poppa John and Manning... please.
Nothing against Peyton Manning but maybe we should try to find a GM / Football Operations guy with actual front office experience? Identify the teams with continued success in finding talent - its not hard. Find the teams that, while they may not reach the conference finals every year, are consistently good, competitive teams. They never rebuild because they never suck. Those teams. Recognizing that you won't hire away their top guy, hire their top guy's second in command, the Director of Scouting or Player Personnel or whatever. The Haslams need to find that guy, then step off and let him do his job.
They already did that and the fans and media ran the guy out of town.
They already did that and the fans and media ran the guy out of town.

I assume you mean Tom Heckert (?). If so, he never had the autonomy I think a GM needs to put his imprint on a team. He worked under Holmgren who, we were told, ordered the drafting of Colt McCoy, and later, Brandon Weeden. Who knows how many other picks Holmgren ordered? Heckert also never got to choose his own man at coach, which I think is one of the most crucial decisions a GM makes. If I was a top PP guy talking to Jimmy and he said "You have to keep the current coach.", I would say "Not interested. Thanks and goodbye.".
Manning could be interesting. I could see it working if we get a QB. Not sure I want Hue to pick the next one. But, some of what matters might be helpful from PM. Some folks currently in the loop must be removed from the process for the product to improve. IMO.
No, I meant Banner. He had a lot of sustained success in Philly. They won double digit games almost every year. He came here and the fans and media immediately hated him. He never got a fair chance to see if he could turn this franchise around.
I always thought Banner was more of a finance guy with the Eagles, and that Andy Reid was in charge on the football side. Why would Banner bring Mike Lombardi in to be GM if he was NFL-grade football-savvy?
Banner ended up losing a power struggle to Andy.

And I get you didn't like Banner. LOL....that was kind of my point. We had a guy who had the qualities you spoke of the vast majority of people hated him from the get-go.
Quote:

And I get you didn't like Banner. LOL....that was kind of my point. We had a guy who had the qualities you spoke of the vast majority of people hated him from the get-go.

Who said anything about not liking Banner? My original post was about finding somebody to identify and acquire football talent for the Browns, and you replied with a "been-there-done-that" post about Banner, who was never a football guy. If Joe Banner would have brought in someone other than Mike Lombardi, someone capable, he could still be here.
LOL....never mind.
Hey, I am as much a Peyton fan as anyone

but as smart as a guy as he is, he has zero experience in any type of administrative or front office role. and he does know the game on the field, but not necessarily off the field and would pretty much be a high profile, feel good hire
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
Hey, I am as much a Peyton fan as anyone

but as smart as a guy as he is, he has zero experience in any type of administrative or front office role. and he does know the game on the field, but not necessarily off the field and would pretty much be a high profile, feel good hire

But he did read, “The Art of the Deal”.

I for one would welcome Peyton.

My expectations when we hired Holmgren were great. Sad that it turned out the way it did.

However, this is entirely different. Holmgren was the end of his career and trying to be a GM after being a successful head coach.

Peyton would be starting a new career.

Peyton has the intelligence, passion, work ethic and overall knowledge of the league.

He brings instant credibility. He also knows talent.

I have no insight on this process be it true or not. But Peyton seems like the type that just can not stay away from the game. Also he knows that hard work, preparation, and attention to detail brings results.

There is no doubt that Sashi has good intentions. That he believes in his process, and that he works hard. His plan may work. But to date it has not. Given the state of the team when he took over and what his group has done. Who knows it may have been the correct course of action.

But if Haslam has a chance to hire Peyton Manning then in my opinion he should do it.
I'm not sure that Holmgren was here than anything more than that last big cash grab. He had his day in the sun. Manning has yet to make a name as an exec. (If he even desires that) If he indeed was wanting to join this organization I'd give him the chance we're I Haslam. Then again, if I were Haslam and this hapless I'd sell the team...
I think Denver hired Elway the same year [or very close] that we hired The Big Show. I remember some of our fans on the official board mocking Denver and talking about our great hire.

I think that Manning is smart. I think he is very driven. I think he would demand accountability from everyone. I think he would work harder than anyone.

I don't know if he would be good or not at evaluating talent, but I do think he has many desirable attributes.
I agree with all of that.

Bring on Manning, please.
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I agree with all of that.

Bring on Manning, please.

I'm not sure anyone with potential would want to waste their career here as part of the Browns. It's a guaranteed "can't get right" ordeal.
I think Denver hired Elway the same year [or very close] that we hired The Big Show. I remember some of our fans on the official board mocking Denver and talking about our great hire.

I think that Manning is smart. I think he is very driven. I think he would demand accountability from everyone. I think he would work harder than anyone.

I don't know if he would be good or not at evaluating talent, but I do think he has many desirable attributes.

Well we have tried everything else and everything else has failed. We have tried hiring the big name in Holmgren, the understudy to other successful teams, and the moneyball guy, etc. I mean we did hire a former great player once as opposed to a career Front Office guy... and that was Ozzie Newsome... so you could say, even though it was another team that got to reap the rewards of it... that was our one hire that would have been successful.
Quote:
Nothing against Peyton Manning but maybe we should try to find a GM / Football Operations guy with actual front office experience? Identify the teams with continued success in finding talent - its not hard.
How did that work out with the last 12 regimes?
Why would he want any part of this mess, unless he has total control, a piece of the team and a blank check

I think many good men of different specializations might jump to work for him too. He'd make a great face of the franchise for sure.
I'd take Manning joining the Browns for the same reasons we all wanted Holmgren. Only difference is, Manning would arrive to work on time, and actually gives a damn about what his work looks like.

The credibility factor would be huge, because we're probably going to fire another regime again, and right now, the word around the league is that this is a doomed destination where you get two years to clean a mess that probably takes closer to 3-4 years.
Dave Chudowsky‏Verified account @DaveChudowsky

@WKYCSports has learned Peyton Manning was in Cleveland last week @wkyc
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Was there a Papa John's franchisee convention or something?
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Was there a Papa John's franchisee convention or something?
musta been in strongsville
In a theoretical world in which Peyton Manning is hired to run the Browns, what is his first move once the season is over? Fire everyone? Hire David Cutcliffe as our head coach? Trade all of our first round picks for Eli?
I can't imagine the fortune it would cost to have him come to this dumpster fire.
You have the right to make fun of Manning being in charge, but I think the guy has exactly what it takes to be successful.

I'd rather he do it here than somewhere else.
You have the right to make fun of Manning being in charge, but I think the guy has exactly what it takes to be successful.

The real question is where would he rather do it, if he’d rather do it at all.
I know.

The only thing we have in our favor is that the Haslams and Mannings are long-time family friends.
I know.

The only thing we have in our favor is that the Haslams and Mannings are long-time family friends.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I seriously doubt I’m going to risk my professional reputation on a friends failing corporation.
All i have to say is please get Manning here. Please.

I don't trust these guys to handle the draft next year.
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

I can’t speak for anyone else but I seriously doubt I’m going to risk my professional reputation on a friends failing corporation.

Exactly.

I would embrace Manning overseeing all football ops in a role like John Elway, but I think it is a fantastic pipe dream.
I know.

You never know what motivates some people.. he went to Tennessee and while they were pretty good, he brought them a lot of recognition.. went to the 3-13 colts and made them a perennial contender and super bowl champion.. went to Denver who was coming out of a period of being not very good (even though Tebow did squeek out a playoff win against the Steelers in an 8-8 season) and instantly made them a 13 win team and super bowl champion...

Maybe he values the challenge...

Think about it, if he turned us into just a 9-7 team in a couple years, he could be a hero in about 5 states.

I am not making fun of anyone. I would love to have Manning.
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I can't imagine the fortune it would cost to have him come to this dumpster fire.

Haslam does have a lot of money to blow, more now than he did a year ago. I don't want a new FO, but if we get one, I'd love for it to be ran by Peyton. If nothing else, it would be eventful.
I say the guy loves a challenge and you know he has an ego. The man who rights this ship becomes one of the greatest execs of ALL time instantly!

We don't know if it's for real but it would bring some positive spin and maybe our best shot at escaping a twenty year crap fest.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Maybe he values the challenge...

Think about it, if he turned us into just a 9-7 team in a couple years, he could be a hero in about 5 states.

The wunderkind, he was great on SNL, sells lots of pizza and insurance, (yes-he-sells-a-lot-of-stuff). But working for the Browns has ruined more careers than involuntary flatulence.

The football gods allowed him to retire with a walk-off super bowl win. Who messes with fate like that?
I agree w/you that the Browns are a tough gig. That is why I think we need someone almost bigger than life....like Peyton.

During the last regime change.........I was advocating we bring in Nick Saban and give him whatever he wanted. I'm not saying I am right, but it's almost like you need to be bigger than life to have a chance of succeeding here.
I'd love to have Manning here.He should have good insight on a big portion of the young/college QBs since a lot of them participate in the Manning QB/passing academy
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Haslam does have a lot of money to blow, more now than he did a year ago. I don't want a new FO, but if we get one, I'd love for it to be ran by Peyton. If nothing else, it would be eventful.

You don't necessarily have to have a whole new FO.. you just insert Manning over top of Sashi and Manning gets final say on all football decisions.

Now the reality of that is probably that Sashi quits and takes a couple of his handpicked staff with him.. but then the decision to make all of those changes wasn't Haslam's it was Sashi's..
Sahi would never get another job that involved personnel decisions. He should stick to the business side of football.
Sahi would never get another job that involved personnel decisions. He should stick to the business side of football.

He could move over to the US Mens Soccer team. They must be as desperate as Haslem by now.
LOL
.... working for the Browns has ruined more careers than involuntary flatulence.

The football gods allowed him to retire with a walk-off super bowl win. Who messes with fate like that?

Have any of our Presidents/GM's since the return had success in a FO role after leaving us? Policy, Clark, Collins, Davis, Savage, Kokinis, Holmgren, Heckert, Banner, Lombardi, Scheiner, Farmer? I know Collins did well in the NHL, but any of these guys in the NFL? Anybody I may have missed?
Conflicting reports on the nature of Peyton Manning's visit

Peyton Manning was reportedly in Cleveland last week.

The nature of the visit is unknown. There have been conflicting reports on whether or not he met with the Cleveland Browns.

"One logical choice would be Haslam's good friend Peyton Manning, whom WKYC-TV reported was in Cleveland last week, but for unknown reasons. Sources tell cleveland.com it had nothing to do with a Browns job," via Cleveland.com.

"Even if Haslam could lure Manning, he'd have to surround himself with experienced personnel execs and he'd likely need a piece of the team to even consider it."

Mike Trivisonno offered a completely different view of the situation.

"Peyton Manning was here to talk with the Cleveland Browns," Trivisonno said.

He went a step further as to say Manning had made a decision to join the franchise.

"What I am telling you is the truth...Peyton Manning is coming to Cleveland to run the Cleveland Browns. [Executive Vice President of Football Operations] Sashi Brown will stay as Vice President.

Right now, Peyton Manning has met with the Cleveland Browns. Peyton Manning was in Cleveland and Peyton Manning is deciding whether he wants to put 100-percent time and effort into running the Cleveland Browns...The decision right now is in Peyton Manning's hand. I personally don't think that Peyton Manning would have come to Cleveland if there was not something inside of him saying 'you know what, I'm going to take this job.' Peyton Manning could be your next President of the Cleveland Browns."

After listening to Trivisonno explaining the situation on the radio, Browns247 is more under the impression that he is speculating rather than presenting information relayed from a reliable source.

It is hard to understand why Manning would be in Cleveland if it were not football related, however.

Author
Josh Edwards @JEdwar247

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Conflicting-reports-on-Peyton-Manning
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
It is hard to understand why Manning would be in Cleveland if it were not football related, however.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Conflicting-reports-on-Peyton-Manning

I mentioned in another thread that Manning was attending a campaign fundraiser for former teammate, Anthony Gonzalez, who is running for congress in Ohio's 16th congressional district appears to be why Manning was in town.

I did hear Manning was looking at houses in Gates Mills, though! tongue

P.S. It would be great if Manning were to join and run the Browns. I just think it's pie in the sky, unfortunately.

Peyton Manning, other sports figures get behind Anthony Gonzalez's bid for Congress

Gonzalez has fundraising haul in run for Congress
I want Sashi and Hue to both stay.

However, I think they're both being stretched too thin, and in the case of Sashi, being asked to do something that's clearly not his strong suit.

I hope Sashi stays and has an impact on the business side of things, but I hope we add someone (Manning or otherwise) over him to oversee football decisions.

As for Hue -- Hue Jackson the Offensive Coordinator is going to get Hue Jackson the Head Coach fired.

Hue clearly still has control over the locker room. Guys play hard for him. He knows how to motivate. But his play calling, especially in the red zone has been atrocious.

Keep everyone in place, but add some pieces.

That would be my recommendation.
I don't think he'd come to Cleveland for some BS Papa John's business. He'd have a team to set up a new franchise(es).

Ifit's remotely legit it will include team ownership
It would be cool to have a slice of pizza on the side of our helmets. wink
regardless of how little Manning has in the way of FO experience, he has the one thing that noone in the FO has, rapport and relationships with a long list of people in NFL circles, Manning has always been an NFL darling, and rightfully so, the dude is about the most likeable guy on the planet next to dwayne Johnson. I think Manning would easily draw qualified people to work with him. Not sure if it happens, but if we are going to take a chance on someone with no FO experience, he'd be my choice
This is my hope as well...
Who is Mike Trivisonno and why should we believe anything he says?

(His Wikipedia says he is a radio broadcaster, but does he have any credibility?)
Who is Mike Trivisonno and why should we believe anything he says?

(His Wikipedia says he is a radio broadcaster, but does he have any credibility?)

Longtime blowhard and gambling degenerate on Cleveland radio. Been around forever.

Every opinion he has is stated as a certain fact.

When Mike Lombardi was hired and making the rounds calling every staton in town, Lombardi called in to Triv. Triv starts out the conversation by saying, "Here's the thing Mike, and I gotta be honest. I don't like you. In fact, I don't like you at all for what you did to Bernie[Kosar]." There was awkward dead air for several seconds, lol.

I don't mind the guy at all, but he has nothing concrete on this matter, that I can assure you.
You are painting too rosy a picture of this guy, and doing tattoo kindly. I believe he has been around awhile. If you haven't heard about him much and the always restless natives ignore it a bunch and write it off, that is most of the answer. Lame IMO. Mute buttons!

I agree.
.... working for the Browns has ruined more careers than involuntary flatulence.

Have any of our Presidents/GM's since the return had success in a FO role after leaving us? Policy, Clark, Collins, Davis, Savage, Kokinis, Holmgren, Heckert, Banner, Lombardi, Scheiner, Farmer? I know Collins did well in the NHL, but any of these guys in the NFL? Anybody I may have missed?

Phil Savage had plenty of experience. We would have been just as well off had we hired Randy Savage. OOOH YEAH
For those who don't like the idea of Peyten as GM let me ask you some questions:

1. Do you think PM knows a QB when he sees one?

2. Do you think PM knows the value of an offensive line?

3. Do you think he knows a WR when he sees one?

4. Do you think he knows a HB when he sees one?

5. Do you think he knows how to build a winning culture?

6. Do you believe anyone would work harder or improve faster than him?

7. Do you think he knows a tiny bit about which defensive backs are hardest to throw against?

8. Do you think he knows a good coach when he meets one?

9. Do you think he would have trouble bringing in talent to our front office/scouting department?

10. Do you honestly think he could do worse than 4 wins over 3 freaking seasons?

Here is the answer key:
1-9 are YES and 10 is NO, as in, HELL NO.

There is no negative side to making PM into our GM. The positive energy he would bring alone would be amazing. His astounding knowledge of the game is flat out miraculous. Give him someone to handle making contracts and call it a day.

I would LOVE it if Peyten became our GM.
OMAHA!
Yee Haw!!! Let's go Omaha!!!
© DawgTalkers.net