Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Sahi would never get another job that involved personnel decisions. He should stick to the business side of football.

He could move over to the US Mens Soccer team. They must be as desperate as Haslem by now.

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
.... working for the Browns has ruined more careers than involuntary flatulence.

The football gods allowed him to retire with a walk-off super bowl win. Who messes with fate like that?

Have any of our Presidents/GM's since the return had success in a FO role after leaving us? Policy, Clark, Collins, Davis, Savage, Kokinis, Holmgren, Heckert, Banner, Lombardi, Scheiner, Farmer? I know Collins did well in the NHL, but any of these guys in the NFL? Anybody I may have missed?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Conflicting reports on the nature of Peyton Manning's visit

Peyton Manning was reportedly in Cleveland last week.

The nature of the visit is unknown. There have been conflicting reports on whether or not he met with the Cleveland Browns.

"One logical choice would be Haslam's good friend Peyton Manning, whom WKYC-TV reported was in Cleveland last week, but for unknown reasons. Sources tell cleveland.com it had nothing to do with a Browns job," via Cleveland.com.

"Even if Haslam could lure Manning, he'd have to surround himself with experienced personnel execs and he'd likely need a piece of the team to even consider it."

Mike Trivisonno offered a completely different view of the situation.

"Peyton Manning was here to talk with the Cleveland Browns," Trivisonno said.

He went a step further as to say Manning had made a decision to join the franchise.

"What I am telling you is the truth...Peyton Manning is coming to Cleveland to run the Cleveland Browns. [Executive Vice President of Football Operations] Sashi Brown will stay as Vice President.

Right now, Peyton Manning has met with the Cleveland Browns. Peyton Manning was in Cleveland and Peyton Manning is deciding whether he wants to put 100-percent time and effort into running the Cleveland Browns...The decision right now is in Peyton Manning's hand. I personally don't think that Peyton Manning would have come to Cleveland if there was not something inside of him saying 'you know what, I'm going to take this job.' Peyton Manning could be your next President of the Cleveland Browns."

After listening to Trivisonno explaining the situation on the radio, Browns247 is more under the impression that he is speculating rather than presenting information relayed from a reliable source.

It is hard to understand why Manning would be in Cleveland if it were not football related, however.

Author
Josh Edwards @JEdwar247

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Conflicting-reports-on-Peyton-Manning

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
It is hard to understand why Manning would be in Cleveland if it were not football related, however.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Conflicting-reports-on-Peyton-Manning

I mentioned in another thread that Manning was attending a campaign fundraiser for former teammate, Anthony Gonzalez, who is running for congress in Ohio's 16th congressional district appears to be why Manning was in town.

I did hear Manning was looking at houses in Gates Mills, though! tongue

P.S. It would be great if Manning were to join and run the Browns. I just think it's pie in the sky, unfortunately.

Peyton Manning, other sports figures get behind Anthony Gonzalez's bid for Congress

Gonzalez has fundraising haul in run for Congress

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I want Sashi and Hue to both stay.

However, I think they're both being stretched too thin, and in the case of Sashi, being asked to do something that's clearly not his strong suit.

I hope Sashi stays and has an impact on the business side of things, but I hope we add someone (Manning or otherwise) over him to oversee football decisions.

As for Hue -- Hue Jackson the Offensive Coordinator is going to get Hue Jackson the Head Coach fired.

Hue clearly still has control over the locker room. Guys play hard for him. He knows how to motivate. But his play calling, especially in the red zone has been atrocious.

Keep everyone in place, but add some pieces.

That would be my recommendation.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't think he'd come to Cleveland for some BS Papa John's business. He'd have a team to set up a new franchise(es).

Ifit's remotely legit it will include team ownership

Legend
Legend
It would be cool to have a slice of pizza on the side of our helmets. wink

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
regardless of how little Manning has in the way of FO experience, he has the one thing that noone in the FO has, rapport and relationships with a long list of people in NFL circles, Manning has always been an NFL darling, and rightfully so, the dude is about the most likeable guy on the planet next to dwayne Johnson. I think Manning would easily draw qualified people to work with him. Not sure if it happens, but if we are going to take a chance on someone with no FO experience, he'd be my choice

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
This is my hope as well...

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Who is Mike Trivisonno and why should we believe anything he says?

(His Wikipedia says he is a radio broadcaster, but does he have any credibility?)

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who is Mike Trivisonno and why should we believe anything he says?

(His Wikipedia says he is a radio broadcaster, but does he have any credibility?)

Longtime blowhard and gambling degenerate on Cleveland radio. Been around forever.

Every opinion he has is stated as a certain fact.

When Mike Lombardi was hired and making the rounds calling every staton in town, Lombardi called in to Triv. Triv starts out the conversation by saying, "Here's the thing Mike, and I gotta be honest. I don't like you. In fact, I don't like you at all for what you did to Bernie[Kosar]." There was awkward dead air for several seconds, lol.

I don't mind the guy at all, but he has nothing concrete on this matter, that I can assure you.

Legend
Legend
You are painting too rosy a picture of this guy, and doing tattoo kindly. I believe he has been around awhile. If you haven't heard about him much and the always restless natives ignore it a bunch and write it off, that is most of the answer. Lame IMO. Mute buttons!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
You have the right to make fun of Manning being in charge, but I think the guy has exactly what it takes to be successful.

I'd rather he do it here than somewhere else.

I agree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
.... working for the Browns has ruined more careers than involuntary flatulence.

The football gods allowed him to retire with a walk-off super bowl win. Who messes with fate like that?

Have any of our Presidents/GM's since the return had success in a FO role after leaving us? Policy, Clark, Collins, Davis, Savage, Kokinis, Holmgren, Heckert, Banner, Lombardi, Scheiner, Farmer? I know Collins did well in the NHL, but any of these guys in the NFL? Anybody I may have missed?

Phil Savage had plenty of experience. We would have been just as well off had we hired Randy Savage. OOOH YEAH

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
For those who don't like the idea of Peyten as GM let me ask you some questions:

1. Do you think PM knows a QB when he sees one?

2. Do you think PM knows the value of an offensive line?

3. Do you think he knows a WR when he sees one?

4. Do you think he knows a HB when he sees one?

5. Do you think he knows how to build a winning culture?

6. Do you believe anyone would work harder or improve faster than him?

7. Do you think he knows a tiny bit about which defensive backs are hardest to throw against?

8. Do you think he knows a good coach when he meets one?

9. Do you think he would have trouble bringing in talent to our front office/scouting department?

10. Do you honestly think he could do worse than 4 wins over 3 freaking seasons?

Here is the answer key:
1-9 are YES and 10 is NO, as in, HELL NO.

There is no negative side to making PM into our GM. The positive energy he would bring alone would be amazing. His astounding knowledge of the game is flat out miraculous. Give him someone to handle making contracts and call it a day.

I would LOVE it if Peyten became our GM.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
E
Legend
Legend
E
OMAHA!

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yee Haw!!! Let's go Omaha!!!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Report: Peyton Manning Could Return to NFL as GM of Browns, Rams or Titans

Link Copied to Clipboard