DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 06:35 PM
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...ba-f54fb808377b

He's finally jumping into the lake
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 06:52 PM
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake. Like Hoynsie did when he called out the Indians, saying you're going to "jump in the Lake" is to imply you're going to do it when it's cold and uncomfortable or else there isn't a point.

What a coward! There was no way he was gonna look good on this either way after he chicked out after at end of the season.

And it won't even be public. He'll do it only in front of Browns employees. rofl

Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 06:57 PM
Yeah right.

In June.

I went skinny dipping in the Cuyahoga in mid-November.

Course, I had more guts than Jackson.

Posted By: willitevachange Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 06:59 PM
J/C

he should have done it in Feb., but lets not be coy, jumping the the Cuyahoga anytime for the year is disgusting lol.

Any news on when Goldhammer is going to eat horse pooh?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 07:00 PM
Quote:

Nope. Same with Tony Grossi promising he'd retire.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 07:07 PM
Quote:
For those wondering why #Browns Hue Jackson didn't jump into frigid Lake Erie right after the season, doctors wouldn't let him: he's had a stent in his heart since 2014

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/996104238819405824

rofl What a campaign!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

What about when Mel Kiper said that he'd retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful QB.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 07:15 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:

What about when Mel Kiper said that he'd retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful QB.

If people followed through, we'd have a lot of horrible anaylsts out of the business.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 07:29 PM
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Hue Jackson is ready to take the 0-16 plunge.

He announced Monday that he'll make good on his promise to jump in Lake Erie on June 1st for charity.

He'll do so at a private location, and it's reserved for Browns employees only. Jackson will donate $100 to The Hue Jackson Foundation for every Browns employee who jumps in with him.

And for those disappointed that he waited for the lake to warm up, Jackson was prohibited by doctors from jumping into frigid waters right after the season because he's had a stent in his heart since 2014.

After his first season as Browns coach in 2016, Jackson vowed that he'd jump in the lake if the Browns went 1-15 again. They went 0-16, of course, and Jackson promised that he wouldn't backpedal on the backstroke.

So now he's going in, and it's for a good cause: The Hue Jackson Foundation, which Jackson and his wife Michelle started last summer, combats human trafficking in Northeast Ohio. In conjunction with the Salvation Army, they're set to open a residence home for human trafficking survivors in Cleveland in mid-July.

At the NFL Combine, Jackson promised the plunge would mark a new beginning.

"It's going to be a cleansing of the Cleveland Browns," Jackson said in March at the NFL Combine. "That's what it will be."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/hue_jackson_will_jump_in_the_l.html
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 10:26 PM
j/c:

How miserable of a human being do you have to be to care whether he jumps in the lake or not or even when he jumps in the lake?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 10:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

How miserable of a human being do you have to be to care whether he jumps in the lake or not or even when he jumps in the lake?
oh, i'm miserable
Posted By: Riddler Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/14/18 11:00 PM
Best outcome for Hue.

He's owning it and turning it into a positive. Some will still try and turn it into a bit of a circus but by turning it into a group fundraising charitable event the damage will be limited somewhat.

He still gets to keep his word which is important. Who cares if its not in Cleveland Winter. Regardless of his record, I'd sooner not see him die of Hypothermia or suffer a heart attack in the process.

I'm no fan of his record or some of his questionable decisions during his tenure but he just gained some respect back from me....now he just gotta do it on Sundays.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 01:12 AM
Some people make it a Hue-bashing moment, though. It doesn't matter anyway - he never said WHEN, he just said he'd do it.

And now it's a charity event, so all good, even though I didn't care if he jumped in the frikking lake or not.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 01:13 AM
j/c:

Well, we ARE Browns fans ...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 01:43 AM
Quote:
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake.

Have you ever jumped into Lake Erie in the beginning of June? That water's pretty damn cold.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 08:46 AM
wonder if sashi going to join in?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 09:32 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Some people make it a Hue-bashing moment, though. It doesn't matter anyway - he never said WHEN, he just said he'd do it.

And now it's a charity event, so all good, even though I didn't care if he jumped in the frikking lake or not.

Yep! This is not a big deal...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 10:08 AM
j/c:

I wouldn't use the term miserable, I am no big fan of Hue, but I for one wasn't looking to hold the guy to this. It's kind of "cheap" if you ask me. At least Hue is turning it in to a positive outing.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 11:25 AM
I just got off work and am really tired.

I read the thread: "How to take the plunge" (like a marriage thing).

I figured, "Hold your nose, and shut your eyes" might suffice.

Is that good for Hue, too?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 12:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c:

oh, i'm miserable

He wasn't referring to you, Dawgs4Life. And I've found that people who call others miserable are usually the ones struggling from that unfortunate state. I think we've seen that play out on here before countless times.

An aside:

If anyone has connections to this invite-only affair ( rofl) let me know how I can get in!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 12:05 PM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
wonder if sashi going to join in?

If Sashi had said such a ridiculous thing, he would have taken care of it months ago.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 12:15 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake.

Have you ever jumped into Lake Erie in the beginning of June? That water's pretty damn cold.

I have. It ain't bath water by any means, but it's certainly bearable. And just last year at Edgewater Park, it was packed in early June with beach-goers swimming in the lake. Again, when someone comes out with a stupid comment that they'll jump in the lake, that person's intentions aren't to do in June. I hope we're all smart enough to know what someone is implying when they make that comment.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 04:46 PM
Did you learn how to mind read from your magic 8 ball? You're going to whine no matter what.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 05:54 PM
About this? sure....I've been pretty consistent about since the season ended.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 06:30 PM
Hey that's fine. But when you start to whine about "when he takes the plunge" the nitpicking has gone to a new level.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 06:36 PM
No, it's not taking it too a new level. We all know what is implied when someone says their going to jump in Lake Erie after a poor performance or being wrong-- it's not meant to be done in the summer, that's asinine. You know better than that, or at least I thought you did.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 06:40 PM
Hey, Hue....Paul Hoynes has some tips for you.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 06:43 PM
So you would want a man, who has a heart stent, and whose doctor told him not to do it, to go ahead and do it in winter anyway, and maybe wind up doing himself serious harm, or death?

Man, some of you guys are more ruthless than I thought.

Let's hang the next draft bust from Terminal Tower!

crazy
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 11:31 PM
I'd be fine with Hue staying in his office doing football things...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/15/18 11:37 PM
It's for him and his wife's foundation so it's a good cause. I won't buy into any of the "cleansing" aspect, but have fun with it Hue. I hope a lot of employees take a dip too, raise that $.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/16/18 11:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
It's for him and his wife's foundation so it's a good cause. I won't buy into any of the "cleansing" aspect, but have fun with it Hue. I hope a lot of employees take a dip too, raise that $.

You don't throw things in Lake Erie for the "cleansing" effect...
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/16/18 11:26 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

You don't throw things in Lake Erie for the "cleansing" effect...

LOL, isn't that the truth bro!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/16/18 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I have. It ain't bath water by any means, but it's certainly bearable. And just last year at Edgewater Park, it was packed in early June with beach-goers swimming in the lake. Again, when someone comes out with a stupid comment that they'll jump in the lake, that person's intentions aren't to do in June. I hope we're all smart enough to know what someone is implying when they make that comment.

To be April Fools, a few of us went water skiing on the lake on April Fools day. No joke here. There was still pack ice about 100 yards off shore.

That was some cold water. Might have been 1966
Posted By: Dave Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/17/18 01:34 AM
About 30 years ago, my brother bought a house with an in ground pool. We spent the whole day moving him in, and when we were done we started having some beers and decided to jump in the pool. It was April and even though it had been a warm-ish day, the water was around 48 degrees. We thought (famous last words): how bad could it be? Well, when I jumped in, I swear I thought my heart might stop. It was unbelievably cold ... bone-chilling, muscle cramping, junk shriveling cold. We both got out faster than we jumped in, and newly sober. Ever since then when I see TV reports of those "Polar Bear" types that jump in the water through a hole in the ice, in the dead of winter, I think "you are frigging lunatics".
Posted By: jfanent Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/17/18 10:12 AM
I hear you. We rafted the Snake river in Jackson Hole in May in the late 80's and the guide asked us if we wanted to jump in....we took the dare and it was just as you described....and that was with a sleeveless shorts wetsuit on. There was still a nice snowpack and runoff from the mountains.
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/17/18 03:14 PM
Hahah ... Reminds me of a summer camp I went to as a kid. It was up at a mountain lake that was basically filled with runoff from melting snow. We had to pass a swim test to be able to use the swim areas, canoes and just about everything else around the water. I jumped in for the test, and pretty much jumped right back out before my head could even get wet. I said, "screw it. I'm not planning on doing anything anywhere near this popsicle lake anyway"
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/17/18 04:28 PM
j/c:

I wonder if HBO will get footage of this for the show.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 05/31/18 04:57 AM
at McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer

Hue Jackson said that 100 members of the organization have committed to jumping into Lake Erie with him on Friday, and he will invite players on Thursday. Jackson had said he would be swimming in the lake if the team did not improve from a 1-15 record in 2016; the Browns were 0-16 in 2017. Jackson said the lake dive will be "get in, get out and move on with your life."
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 09:40 PM
Here's a vid of the event

http://fox8.com/2018/06/01/browns-coach-hue-jackson-to-jump-in-lake-erie/
Posted By: Vambo Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 09:49 PM
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 09:50 PM
Good for them.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 09:59 PM
To me this is much more embarrassing than the parade.

Also, I wish I never saw Hue Jackson’s butt cheeks.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 10:06 PM
We need to see what the Steelers will be kissing, when we win next season.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 10:18 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
at McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer

Hue Jackson said that 100 members of the organization have committed to jumping into Lake Erie with him on Friday, and he will invite players on Thursday. Jackson had said he would be swimming in the lake if the team did not improve from a 1-15 record in 2016; the Browns were 0-16 in 2017. Jackson said the lake dive will be "get in, get out and move on with your life."

Is it still about the Browns or has it become something of a/an Hue Jackson good deed (ice bucket challenge) type thing, I mean more about him than the team.

( This whole thing is deconstructive. Having posted comments on the subject at another time in another place, I don't wish to revise or remember them.)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 11:07 PM
seeing hue's butt was not expected
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 11:16 PM
He's donating $100 to his organization against human trafficking, and is giving $1090 for each person who joined him today in the water, and the Haslems are matching that.

I read that 100 people were expected to join him, so that's $10,000 from Hue, and the same from the Haslems.
Posted By: Dave Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/01/18 11:43 PM
Lake Erie temperature today was 52 degrees F (why isn't there a degree symbol on keyboards?). That's cold.

http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/raw/fz/fzus51.kcle.nsh.cle.txt

Okay, that's over, can we win some games now? Good.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
To me this is much more embarrassing than the parade.

Of course it is.

A bad situation was handled w/some humor and money raised for charity, but your hateful bias finds it embarrassing.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 12:20 AM
Hue kept his promise..Hue raised money for a very needy cause... I find that very respectful of a man.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:35 AM
j/c:

How this.....

Turned into this:

Is an absolute joke on so many levels. .
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:39 AM
The real joke is the false indignity of guys like you.

Sashi is gone and unemployed. Get over it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:48 AM
The real joke is the false indignity of guys like you.

Sashi is gone and unemployed. Get over it.

^ Again, the guy that whines and cries about personal insults....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:52 AM
Again, the guy who continually whines that Sashi is gone and Hue is here.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 04:56 AM
Back on topic:

Dee Haslam went into Lake Erie with Hue and the rest of the Browns personnel who went with him. I thought that was pretty cool of her to do.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/06/hue_jackson_takes_his_lake_eri.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Hue Jackson had a watershed moment even before he took his Lake Erie Leap Friday afternoon.

It was when he became emotional while thanking Browns owner Dee Haslam and the 150 or so Browns employees who jumped in with him to benefit the Hue Jackson Foundation, which aims to combat human trafficking in Northeast Ohio.

The event raised $30,000, with Jackson donating $100 for every jumper and the Haslams matching.

"Those people have been with me every day," Jackson said afterward. "When you ... lose as many games as we have and you keep parking your car and walking into the building and have to see those faces each and every day, I carry them with me.

"I carry them and their families and this city with me, contrary to what anybody believes. It's on me. I wear it every day. So I just thank them for being a part of this because they didn't have to do this. They didn't have to come here and support this. I made the statement, and they said, 'No, I want to do this,' and I'm thankful."

With a Fox8 helicopter hovering over Huntington Beach in Bay Village and NFL Films on hand to capture it for Hard Knocks, Jackson grabbed his wife Michelle's hand and ran into the chilly lake, with temperatures about 52 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.

Dee Haslam grabbed Michelle's other hand and ran in too, with the horde of employees following. They all fully submerged for the cause.

"It was refreshing but it was cold, there's no doubt about that,'' said Jackson, whose young daughter, Haydyn, went in, earning a big bearhug from her dad, as did Haslam.

The Lake Erie Leap, all in good fun and for a great cause, was not without its hilarious moment. Jackson, who hates the water and had never been anywhere near Lake Erie -- not even in a boat -- almost lost his swim trunks upon impact, but quickly recovered when he popped up.

The jump, which made good on Jackson's vow after the 2016 to 'swim in the lake' if he went 1-15 again, was a symbolic washing away of 0-16, and Jackson's co-workers made sure he was properly doused. They splashed him like a bunch of fourth-graders at the community pool on opening weekend.

Invigorated by the cold blast, he thrust his fists into the air while waist-deep in the water and shouted "No more freakin' losing! Let's go.''

The group -- all clad in "The Cleanse" T-shirts which can be purchased for $29 to benefit the foundation -- remained in the water for just a few minutes, with plenty of high-fiving, hugs, fist-pumps and laughs.

"For me, it's going to turn the page," said Jackson. "I didn't come here to lose. I'll be the first to tell you that.

"Our players don't deserve it, our fans surely don't deserve in and people in our organization doesn't deserve it. You guys don't deserve it, you want to cover a good team. So the narratives right now are all negative, and how do we get them to be positive?

"Winning is what's going to change it all, nothing else is going to. So that's what we have to do.''

For Dee Haslam, getting wet was a show of solidarity for her embattled coach.

"The last couple years have been terrible for us and been really terrible for our fans,'' she said afterwards. "We take that responsibility and feel horrible about it because Northeast Ohio and the fans of the Cleveland Browns deserve so much more. So we're going to ... do everything we can, as we've said, to make this a winning organization.

"I think you've seen the steps we've taken, the players look great. We were in the facility today and got the chance to spend some time with the players and they're very fired up and working really hard.''

The Haslams, despite the 1-31 record, gave Jackson a vote of confidence by firing former head of football operations Sashi Brown and hiring John Dorsey.

Jackson has appreciated the support, and the matching donation for a cause near and dear to the Jacksons' hearts. The coach declined to elaborate on the origin of his commitment.

"Jimmy and Dee Haslam have been supporters of mine since I've been here," he said. "They've never wavered, not one bit. I know people don't understand that or think that's the way it should be, but they've been as supportive as anybody I've ever been around on all fronts.''

Jackson wanted to send a message to the fans hat he's sorry for what they've had to endure. He chose to make the event on a Friday so that OTAs would be over and players wouldn't feel obligated to join him.

"I didn't want to make them feel like they were required to do this,'' he said. "The biggest part for me is just watching everyone in our organization come and be a part of this and support this.''

Jackson glanced at the helicopter overhead and acknowledged, "this is more than I anticipated it would be, but this is outstanding. Let's put this behind us.

"We all want to get to winning and get that stadium, and get the Dawg Pound rocking like it should be and get back to winning football games here and make Cleveland a feared place to come to.''

Jackson couldn't make good on his promise in January due to a stent placed in his heart in 2014.

"I don't think people get that there's still life or death here that you have to deal with. But that's real.''

Above all, he's not making any more promises.

"I would be surprised (by another 0-16),'' he said. "And I wouldn't be standing here if that was happening again, let me put it to you like that."

He's hoping the next time he jumps, it's for joy.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 12:17 PM
Hats off to Dee. Still see this as a black eye for the Browns, the whole 'forced plunge' thing because of sloppy jawing.

Move along.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 01:24 PM
A really great charity to raise money and awareness for. The reality of the human trafficking problem right here in the USA is disgusting and revolting and anything that can open people's eyes to it is a good thing. Thank you, Hue!

On a side note, we used to skinny dip in Lake Erie all the time as teens in the 80s. When you are 16/17 years old, on a hot summer day when you are with your girlfriend you don't think too much about its pollution. When I lived in London we often saw inner city London kids swimming in the Thames. That river has several more centuries of serious pollution in its river bed than Lake Erie. Certainly didn't stop them from diving in. It's just what you do when you live in a city.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 01:28 PM
Nice article. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:06 PM
I like how this turned out. Making lemonade of lemons while raising 30K for charity, way to go Hue, Dee and the Browns and friends!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Hue to Take the Plunge - 06/02/18 02:44 PM
I have to laugh about Hue almost losing his trunks ..... rofl
© DawgTalkers.net