Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1453352 05/14/18 02:35 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake. Like Hoynsie did when he called out the Indians, saying you're going to "jump in the Lake" is to imply you're going to do it when it's cold and uncomfortable or else there isn't a point.

What a coward! There was no way he was gonna look good on this either way after he chicked out after at end of the season.

And it won't even be public. He'll do it only in front of Browns employees. rofl

Tackles are tackles.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yeah right.

In June.

I went skinny dipping in the Cuyahoga in mid-November.

Course, I had more guts than Jackson.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

he should have done it in Feb., but lets not be coy, jumping the the Cuyahoga anytime for the year is disgusting lol.

Any news on when Goldhammer is going to eat horse pooh?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

Nope. Same with Tony Grossi promising he'd retire.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
For those wondering why #Browns Hue Jackson didn't jump into frigid Lake Erie right after the season, doctors wouldn't let him: he's had a stent in his heart since 2014

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/996104238819405824

rofl What a campaign!

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:

What about when Mel Kiper said that he'd retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful QB.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:

What about when Mel Kiper said that he'd retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn't a successful QB.

If people followed through, we'd have a lot of horrible anaylsts out of the business.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Hue Jackson is ready to take the 0-16 plunge.

He announced Monday that he'll make good on his promise to jump in Lake Erie on June 1st for charity.

He'll do so at a private location, and it's reserved for Browns employees only. Jackson will donate $100 to The Hue Jackson Foundation for every Browns employee who jumps in with him.

And for those disappointed that he waited for the lake to warm up, Jackson was prohibited by doctors from jumping into frigid waters right after the season because he's had a stent in his heart since 2014.

After his first season as Browns coach in 2016, Jackson vowed that he'd jump in the lake if the Browns went 1-15 again. They went 0-16, of course, and Jackson promised that he wouldn't backpedal on the backstroke.

So now he's going in, and it's for a good cause: The Hue Jackson Foundation, which Jackson and his wife Michelle started last summer, combats human trafficking in Northeast Ohio. In conjunction with the Salvation Army, they're set to open a residence home for human trafficking survivors in Cleveland in mid-July.

At the NFL Combine, Jackson promised the plunge would mark a new beginning.

"It's going to be a cleansing of the Cleveland Browns," Jackson said in March at the NFL Combine. "That's what it will be."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/05/hue_jackson_will_jump_in_the_l.html

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

How miserable of a human being do you have to be to care whether he jumps in the lake or not or even when he jumps in the lake?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

How miserable of a human being do you have to be to care whether he jumps in the lake or not or even when he jumps in the lake?
oh, i'm miserable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Best outcome for Hue.

He's owning it and turning it into a positive. Some will still try and turn it into a bit of a circus but by turning it into a group fundraising charitable event the damage will be limited somewhat.

He still gets to keep his word which is important. Who cares if its not in Cleveland Winter. Regardless of his record, I'd sooner not see him die of Hypothermia or suffer a heart attack in the process.

I'm no fan of his record or some of his questionable decisions during his tenure but he just gained some respect back from me....now he just gotta do it on Sundays.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Some people make it a Hue-bashing moment, though. It doesn't matter anyway - he never said WHEN, he just said he'd do it.

And now it's a charity event, so all good, even though I didn't care if he jumped in the frikking lake or not.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Well, we ARE Browns fans ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake.

Have you ever jumped into Lake Erie in the beginning of June? That water's pretty damn cold.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
wonder if sashi going to join in?

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Some people make it a Hue-bashing moment, though. It doesn't matter anyway - he never said WHEN, he just said he'd do it.

And now it's a charity event, so all good, even though I didn't care if he jumped in the frikking lake or not.

Yep! This is not a big deal...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c:

I wouldn't use the term miserable, I am no big fan of Hue, but I for one wasn't looking to hold the guy to this. It's kind of "cheap" if you ask me. At least Hue is turning it in to a positive outing.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I just got off work and am really tired.

I read the thread: "How to take the plunge" (like a marriage thing).

I figured, "Hold your nose, and shut your eyes" might suffice.

Is that good for Hue, too?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
j/c:

oh, i'm miserable

He wasn't referring to you, Dawgs4Life. And I've found that people who call others miserable are usually the ones struggling from that unfortunate state. I think we've seen that play out on here before countless times.

An aside:

If anyone has connections to this invite-only affair ( rofl) let me know how I can get in!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
wonder if sashi going to join in?

If Sashi had said such a ridiculous thing, he would have taken care of it months ago.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
How bold of him! To do it in June when the rest of Cleveland will be jumping into the lake.

Have you ever jumped into Lake Erie in the beginning of June? That water's pretty damn cold.

I have. It ain't bath water by any means, but it's certainly bearable. And just last year at Edgewater Park, it was packed in early June with beach-goers swimming in the lake. Again, when someone comes out with a stupid comment that they'll jump in the lake, that person's intentions aren't to do in June. I hope we're all smart enough to know what someone is implying when they make that comment.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you learn how to mind read from your magic 8 ball? You're going to whine no matter what.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
About this? sure....I've been pretty consistent about since the season ended.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hey that's fine. But when you start to whine about "when he takes the plunge" the nitpicking has gone to a new level.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
No, it's not taking it too a new level. We all know what is implied when someone says their going to jump in Lake Erie after a poor performance or being wrong-- it's not meant to be done in the summer, that's asinine. You know better than that, or at least I thought you did.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Hey, Hue....Paul Hoynes has some tips for you.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
So you would want a man, who has a heart stent, and whose doctor told him not to do it, to go ahead and do it in winter anyway, and maybe wind up doing himself serious harm, or death?

Man, some of you guys are more ruthless than I thought.

Let's hang the next draft bust from Terminal Tower!

crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd be fine with Hue staying in his office doing football things...

D
Legend
Legend
D
It's for him and his wife's foundation so it's a good cause. I won't buy into any of the "cleansing" aspect, but have fun with it Hue. I hope a lot of employees take a dip too, raise that $.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
It's for him and his wife's foundation so it's a good cause. I won't buy into any of the "cleansing" aspect, but have fun with it Hue. I hope a lot of employees take a dip too, raise that $.

You don't throw things in Lake Erie for the "cleansing" effect...

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

You don't throw things in Lake Erie for the "cleansing" effect...

LOL, isn't that the truth bro!!!!!!!!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I have. It ain't bath water by any means, but it's certainly bearable. And just last year at Edgewater Park, it was packed in early June with beach-goers swimming in the lake. Again, when someone comes out with a stupid comment that they'll jump in the lake, that person's intentions aren't to do in June. I hope we're all smart enough to know what someone is implying when they make that comment.

To be April Fools, a few of us went water skiing on the lake on April Fools day. No joke here. There was still pack ice about 100 yards off shore.

That was some cold water. Might have been 1966

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
About 30 years ago, my brother bought a house with an in ground pool. We spent the whole day moving him in, and when we were done we started having some beers and decided to jump in the pool. It was April and even though it had been a warm-ish day, the water was around 48 degrees. We thought (famous last words): how bad could it be? Well, when I jumped in, I swear I thought my heart might stop. It was unbelievably cold ... bone-chilling, muscle cramping, junk shriveling cold. We both got out faster than we jumped in, and newly sober. Ever since then when I see TV reports of those "Polar Bear" types that jump in the water through a hole in the ice, in the dead of winter, I think "you are frigging lunatics".

Legend
Legend
I hear you. We rafted the Snake river in Jackson Hole in May in the late 80's and the guide asked us if we wanted to jump in....we took the dare and it was just as you described....and that was with a sleeveless shorts wetsuit on. There was still a nice snowpack and runoff from the mountains.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Hahah ... Reminds me of a summer camp I went to as a kid. It was up at a mountain lake that was basically filled with runoff from melting snow. We had to pass a swim test to be able to use the swim areas, canoes and just about everything else around the water. I jumped in for the test, and pretty much jumped right back out before my head could even get wet. I said, "screw it. I'm not planning on doing anything anywhere near this popsicle lake anyway"

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I wonder if HBO will get footage of this for the show.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
at McManamon
ESPN Staff Writer

Hue Jackson said that 100 members of the organization have committed to jumping into Lake Erie with him on Friday, and he will invite players on Thursday. Jackson had said he would be swimming in the lake if the team did not improve from a 1-15 record in 2016; the Browns were 0-16 in 2017. Jackson said the lake dive will be "get in, get out and move on with your life."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Hue to Take the Plunge

Link Copied to Clipboard