DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: bonefish Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/15/22 11:54 AM
This does not mean the best player.

Nor does it mean the player the Browns should get or who you want the Browns to get.

This is your favorite player from the those you have watched.

I can not say he is the best player but he is considered to have the highest floor. Aiden Hutchenson. I don't think he is as good as Myles.

But Hutchenson brings it on every play. He brings a lot. He is excellent in both pass and run defense. He sets the edge. He is relentless. A really driven player.

I think Garrett is the best receiver but I love Skyy Moore's game. He has great hands. He is like a good catcher in baseball. He accepts the ball. He is really smooth in all his movement. He has burst quickness. He can shake you. He can go deep. He will make YAC yards. He plays tough and is built to take hits.

So I took a defensive and offensive player. There are others I like and think could be steals or great players. But Hutchenson and Moore are very complete in what they do and how they do it.

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/15/22 01:07 PM
Garrett Wilson on O because of his brilliant route running and body control.

David Ojabo on D because of his rawness and untapped potential. And because he is Scottish!
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/15/22 06:38 PM
This kid plays lightning fast.

-->Wingspan:

Wan'Dale Robinson (67.5/8")
Khalil Shakir (70.3/8")

Calvin Austin III (73")
John Metchie III (73.3/8")
Skyy Moore (73.5/8")
Jahan Dotson (74")

WR prospect Calvin Austin III is hard to project to the next level because of his diminutive size, but he is not simply the gadget player that his stature would sugest.

Memphis lined him up inside and outside and has shown the ability to get a clean release against man coverage.

I don't think that we will be interested in him, because we already signed Jakeem Grant, (albeit he will not be used as I would use Austin) and he is already 23 years old.

Even still I think that he could be a fun player to follow his progress.

He put up 225 lb eleven (11) times at his pro-day, which would have tied him for 3rd place amongst the WRs' at this years combine.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/15/22 07:45 PM
The punter, then Malik Willis, then Nakobi Dean.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/15/22 08:12 PM
Skyy Moore, Logan Hall, Chad Muma, and, of course, Matt Araiza.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/16/22 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888
because of his rawness and untapped potential. And because he is Scottish!

Will the real Scottish Hammer stand up ?!?!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/16/22 04:04 AM
Cade York.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/16/22 10:32 AM
I've mentioned him before. He is the kicker we need to draft.

Just draft him and go with it for the next 15 years.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/16/22 02:23 PM
Posted By: Jester Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/16/22 11:09 PM
My favorite player in this draft is Nakobe Dean Lb Georgia. He reads the play quickly then becomes a heat seeking missile. He covers a lot of ground and quickly. If he was 10-15# heavier he would go top 10. Instead he is going to drop much like JOK for the same reason. Because we have JOK I don't know if he is a fit for us. If we drafted him, having Dean, JOK and Delpit on the field all at the same time would be a nightmare for Lamar. But we would be really light at Lb. We would definitely need some big stout Dt's. Not sure we could be that small but dang would we be fast.

My 2nd favorite player is Jahan Dotson Wr PSU. Fast, runs good routes, excellent hands, and a HUGE catch radius. If he was a couple inches taller, I have no doubt that he would be drafted top 10
I don't see a way he falls for us but he would be the one player I would trade up for if he makes it out of day 1.

My 3rd guy is a new find for me. Nik Bonitto DE Oklahoma. I read a scouting report that gave his pro comparison as "A literal ball of lightning". Moves at the speed of light but you never know where he is going to be. Watching his highlights that is so accurate. He is super fast but am sure his defensive coordinator never knew where he was going to be. His biggest problem is that he is really light in the pants. I think he weighs about 240# which is too light to hold up at DE full time. He needs to be in a defense that is primarily a 3 front and he plays OLB. Otherwise he will be a 3rd down pass rusher only. That certainly has value. I remember a more than a few years ago Seattle took a guy like that in the 1st round (don't remember his name). But really, how how do you take a guy like that? Could we make him primarily a Lb? That's beyond my pay grade.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 12:26 PM
Haaa, thumbsdown rofl my favorite player in the draft, I don't want to admit, and I can't have it both ways.
" Hello my name is TL and I'm an alcoholi---"... I can't have my cake and eat it too. (Noone knows what you millenials are talking about.)

Hello my name is TL and my favorite player in this draft is "the opportunity cost of the pick given up, actually both picks given up in the trade with the Texans."
And NO!, (to those who would claim it means whomever is eventually selected in those spots, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT), No, it's the "Opp-or-tunity" for your team to make that selection, not whomever some other idiotic team, with their independent needs, wants, philosophies, and misconceptions etc. select.

Favorite defensive player, (only 3rd round or later, the first two rounds should be offense). Karlaftis ( of COURSE he'll be a top 10 pick)
Favorite Wide Receiver, The injured Alabama receiver Jameis ?
My 2nd Favorite Wr, Jahan Dotson, ( The most overrated WR imo, Garrett Wilson. )
My Favorite player who, (Where'd he go did he stay in college?) Was the Rb from South Carolina. (NO! the other one, the one who is actually good! and has a basic first and basic last name. Like one syllable, or very common, like Chad Jones, or Thomas smith.
( It's all about synesthesia, and ... .. oh yeah! nomenclature. ) -> And a real freaking good Rb, Duh!
Posted By: eotab Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
The punter, then Malik Willis, then Nakobi Dean.

tough to read you if sarcastic or not but the kid Dean is a sleeper.. He has no combine stuff that impresses but I don't think there is a better defensive player around. He is one of those give me 11 of them and I'll destroy you.

I really like him and could be a steal in the 3rd?? or is that a pipe dream???
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 03:14 PM
Hard to believe that he would make it to the third.

But ya never know.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Hard to believe that he would make it to the third.

But ya never know.

Dean should go in the late 1st...I don't see any way he lasts to the 3rd.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 04:29 PM
Dean is six foot 220lbs.

He played on a unreal college defense. He is small.

In a million years I never thought JOK would be where we got him.

Dean could slide to the second. Third? Highly unlikely.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 05:03 PM
Alright Bone...give us your 2022 version of JOK.

Anyone but Ridder. naughtydevil
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 05:55 PM
JOK was probably a one off. Because he fell a long way at least from where I thought he would go.

Mostly, really good players fall because of something off field. Injury, something drops them if they were productive players.

George Pickens falls into that category but he doesn't carry the credentials Jameson Williams. Williams speed is so obvious.

Pickens only played four games. He tore an ACL in the spring of 2021.

IMO Pickens would be a steal in the second round. I believe he is as good as any receiver in this draft. He is 6'3" 200 lbs.

He has the lowest drop rate of anyone in the draft. He does everything you want a receiver to do. He runs a 4.47. His ten yard split was 1.5 which is crazy good. He wins contested catches. He blocks downfield. Like Garrett he has amazing body control with the ball in the air. His Relative Athletic Score is 9.33 out of 10. That is a telling score. The Packers brought him in for a look.

In my mind he would be great get at #44. If we get the DL ironed out before the draft and receiver was in play at 44. Then we see him a few spots up and believe team X will take him. I would move to get him. Not a lot because this is a deep draft at receiver. But for sure say into the late to mid thirties.

Normally my preferance in receivers is tall guys who win contested balls. The NFL is full of great corners who can cover. It is hard to gain space. Passes are contested. I love guys who win those battles. That is Pickens. He has speed and shake. But when the ball is in the air that guy is intense.

I saw him against Auburn's corner Roger McCreary(a good corner). Pickens was getting hand checked at the line. Physical jam press man coverage. Pickens gave him one shot to the chest and was gone for a 55 yard reception. I was like damn son.

So he would be the guy because if he had played a full schedule in 2021. No way he gets to the second round.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/17/22 09:41 PM
Here is a draft take from PFF.

At the 2:18 mark he talks about Pickens.

https://www.cleveland.com/orange-an...joins-orange-and-brown-talk-podcast.html

I started a Pickens thread in early March after I saw tape on him.

Since then I have seen him being talked about quite a bit. Noticed the Packers who have 2 firsts bringing him in for a visit.

If you watch Pickens on tape. I don't know what else needs to be said.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 01:46 AM
I have become convinced Pickens is going to be taken in the first rounds - late but 1s round.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888
I have become convinced Pickens is going to be taken in the first rounds - late but 1s round.

I think so as well. Even if not, it's hard to see him fall as far as to us in the 2nd.
Posted By: eotab Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 12:19 PM
My bad, I didn't realize he was projected that high...I just saw him in mocks going anywhere from #16-#26 of the first round. ILB usually don't go high and I thought he had a slow 40 that would turn guys off. JOK was fast,

jmho
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 12:53 PM
During the college season I don't watch many college games unless there is a guy I want to check out. I do watch some of the playoffs.

That Georgia defense was something. Jermaine Johnson who will be picked high in the first round had to leave the team to get reps.

Players like Trevon Walker and Jordan Davis were roll players. Devonte Wyatt is a stud tackle. He would fit perfect with the Browns. These guys are total studs that would have been giant stars on other teams.

Over time people will look back on that defense the way people look at the 85 Bears defense.

Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 12:57 PM
Malik Willis. May not be the best player or even the best QB in the draft but is exciting to watch. Could be the next Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/18/22 02:40 PM
Ok Dawg.

I live in Roswell, Ga. a north suburb of Atlanta. Roswell High School is where Malik played his high school ball.

He has a infectious personality. You can tell the kid loves to play. He is also very humble. He knows that he has much to learn. He has mad skills. I do not think there is a question about his upside potential.

So he starts from a good place. If he is developed properly. Look out. He could become a truly great player.

I sure hope he plays for a team not in the AFC especially the Steelers.

He reminds me of Russell Wilson except a little bigger and faster. Wilson is a HOF'er. Throws one of the best deep balls of all time. If Malik can get to that processing part of the mind like Wilson. The sky is the limit.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 07:23 PM
Nakobe Dean going back to October maybe - when I watched his games, he stood out and reminded me of JOK, and can you imagine having 2 JOKs on our Defense? Sauce Gardner sure was fun to watch.

On O, it was a joy to watch Olave and Wilson at OSU that last 3 years.

That's 4, my bad smile
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 07:41 PM
All seem like good players.

As the draft nears one thought comes to me. The first round should be the top 32 players avaliable to draft.

Yet when it all said and done. A bunch will turn out to not be very good at all. All 32 teams will have done all this work to scout these players.

All will be excited to see them on their teams. And it will end up that they an others looked right at guys who will better than the ones they picked.

Strange how all that works out.

So much work and resources go into the draft. It really is where teams are made and teams fail.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 08:57 PM
That is why I have said there is a degree of dumb luck involved.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 09:01 PM
j/c

I wouldn't necessarily call him my favy in the draft..but the first time I saw Treylon Burks I was impressed...very impressed.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 09:23 PM
Whomever picks John Metchie gets the STEAL of the draft!

No, he is not a speed demon or big WR, BUT he catches EVERYTHING thrown to him.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 09:41 PM
Burks is an interesting guy. Early on he was considered one of the top guys.

As time has gone by he is not getting the attention he did early on. He is one of the receivers brought to Berea.

He is a big 6'2" 225 lb guy. Most felt he would blister the 40. He didn't 4.5 was his best time. But his 10 yard split was very good at 1.57.

He could fall to us which maybe a steal. He is not a pure route runner. They lined him up all over and they used him like Deebo Samuels. He is YAC guy for sure.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 09:43 PM
If the Browns go defense with pick 44.

Metchie may be there in the third. He would be considered a great value pick in the third.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/19/22 11:33 PM
I haven't really studied the draft and I don't know if this guy will transition well into the NFL, but Nakobe Dean is a guy I really like. His mother seems like a great woman and Dean seems like a great guy. I like rooting for guys like him.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 12:47 AM
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn

I don’t know anything about him. Taking a run stuffing interior linemen from UCONN seems like the opposite of what Berry’s MO is.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 02:58 AM

I don’t know anything about him. Taking a run stuffing interior linemen from UCONN seems like the opposite of what Berry’s MO is.

It does, however, he can pass rush and get to the QB which AB values at the DT position. If he was a pure run stuffer, I'd agree, the Browns would have zero interest. If Jones is there, I thing Berry and Co. give him strong consideration.

Go grab Dominque Robinson with the 3rd round compensatory pick.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

It does, however, he can pass rush and get to the QB which AB values at the DT position. If he was a pure run stuffer, I'd agree, the Browns would have zero interest. If Jones is there, I thing Berry and Co. give him strong consideration.

Go grab Dominque Robinson with the 3rd round compensatory pick.

And maybe that is the problem we have in scouting DT's. We are seeking something that doesn't happen all that often. Maybe we are trying to put the cart before the horse?

A DT is a run defender first. If they can pass rush, great.

A big run stuffer who can take on 2 blockers has unseen benefit. They free someone else from being doubled. They keep backers clean and open up the possibility of the backer blitzing. They also free up the other DT from a double, so let that guy be a pass rush type DT.

It's stupid for people to look at Donald and think we need to get that. No sheet Ex-Lax, he is one of the 10 best to ever play the position. We might as well go get another Joe Green or Merlin Olsen while we are at it.

Oh...we sure as heck aren't going to find that in the 3rd or 4th round where we seem to think we can shore up the position.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 11:02 AM
He is a gap control nose tackle.

Big dude with limited pass rush moves. He is a 44 type pick guy who has the potential to become a starter at some point.

He would be a rotational player for us used on early downs and pulled out in passing downs.

He has some altheltic ability and could develop over time.
Posted By: eotab Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 11:27 AM

He is one of the strongest DL in this draft...he is country strong and dominates any OG one on one...battles with Bitonio and Teller would be the thing to watch in training camp. Doesn't have that quick step to be a great pass rusher but he would push the belly of the pocket into the lap of QBs and make them leave right in the hands of our DEs. He would be a steal at #44!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 12:16 PM

This is from PFF. Jones is their 3rd ranked DT.

3. TRAVIS JONES, UCONN
BIG BOARD RANK: 40
Jones was the lone bright spot on Connecticut's roster this season. At 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds, he's a monstrous space-eating nose tackle, but he can be a little more than that. He racked up 25 pressures and 21 run stops on the season and played well at the Senior Bowl.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 02:29 PM
Sounds like a young Ted Washington.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 02:54 PM
I agree he may not be a pass rusher in so far as sacks, but as has been pointed out, he can push the pocket limiting the QB's ability to step up. Stepping up in to the pocket kills a defensive ends rush angle. It puts the OT's right back in to blocking position unless they get beat inside, which they usually don't. You can't play tackle if you start to get beat to the inside.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 03:03 PM

He has a very good chance of being selected in the first round.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

He has a very good chance of being selected in the first round.

It's to the point players are going all over the place. After Thursdays 1st round we might start to get some idea of who might be there.

Until then it will be round and round...."That guy will be drafted in round 1" "That guy will still be there in round 3".
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 08:39 PM
It seems like AB's draft board at the top has been very similar to PFF's the last couple of years.

Based on that info, my guess is we have our sights set on Skyy Moore, Pickens, and Travis Jones - PFF has them all rated very highly. If one of them gets to pick 44, I feel like they will be AB's pick.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/20/22 10:36 PM
Hmmm.......that's an interesting point.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 09:08 AM
Garrett Wilson would be someone I’d love to get, as would Drake London.

Defensively I think Travis Jones would be a good fit and a big need.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
It seems like AB's draft board at the top has been very similar to PFF's the last couple of years.

Based on that info, my guess is we have our sights set on Skyy Moore, Pickens, and Travis Jones - PFF has them all rated very highly. If one of them gets to pick 44, I feel like they will be AB's pick.

Makes sense. We look at film, and those guys pass that test. We also do a deep dive in to the metrics around the player as does PFF. Seems the board might be similar minus the guys we just rule out based on one thing or another.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 03:32 PM
And the list if reasons we rule guys out for seems to be getting smaller.
Posted By: OrangeCrush Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

That's actually been on my mind recently; sounds like there are concerns regarding Devonte Wyatt and some domestic violence incidents in his past that could cause him to fall in the draft...would the Browns be willing to overlook these issues and draft him in the 2nd round?

(Just trying to re-direct this back to football)
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 04:13 PM
Recent events would indicate yes, possibly.
Posted By: PETE314 Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 04:35 PM
In talking "favorites"....I would definitely say my favorite player in this draft is Chris Olave. Garrett gets a lot of the publicity(for good reason)...But I just love the smoothness of Olave. Big Fan of Araiza as well...Outside of that..possibly Metchie...I just like the kid. Great attitude...Just a guy you would like on your team...he can play a little too...LOL

Just a thought....Kind of crazy that 3 of the top 5 receivers in this draft are "technically" from Ohio State with Williams transferring from OSU to Alabama...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

maybe. Ruling guys out can be as simple as you have absolutely zero need in the way of starter or back-up. Age could be another.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 05:12 PM
That's true. It's also a risk verses reward thing. If you think the possible reward may be worth the risk, you take bigger risks. A lesser talent may be taken off the board for marginal things that a player with a much higher talent level may be seen as worth taking the risk on. I mean in the example we're speaking of, how far would a player have to fall that the risk involved may be worth the investment? There is certainly a point at which the reward may outweigh the risk. Where that point is I have no idea.
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 09:54 PM
j/c,

I like Travis Jones but he's not my favorite. That would be Joshua Paschal, Kentucky DE. He seems like the type of player the Steelers or the Ravens always draft, not the Browns.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/21/22 10:19 PM
I'd definitely take Paschal with the 3rd round pick (likely the 1st one). Doesn't bend well but is stronger than an ox and can push inside on 3rd downs if/when we get Clowney back even as a rookie.

Is Jones at 44 and Paschal at 78 too much?

Not for me.

Though that would leave WR a little dicey until we see if DPJ can take the #2 spot.

Then again, I like Zach Tom as a center in the 3rd (comp), so what do I know? As far as unknown-ish guys, he may be one of my favorites. Played center like a beast as a red-shirt freshman (I believe) and then had to man the tackle position for Wake forest for two years since they are absolute trash and he was their best o-lineman. Probably hurt his learning curve, but he is center #2 in the draft for me.

Imagine the panic if we didn't take a wideout at all on day 2 smile
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 02:46 AM
I remember when they drafted Deshone Kizer as an 'oops we waited too long' option at Qb, because, emm, hey!!! you can always put off getting playmakers, i.e. the guys who score touchdowns, until the never arrives round, and ... everything'll be alright, like 0-17 ... emm, it's not much worse than 4-12 anyways, right! I mean, it ended up being a rebuild year, or decade.
I mean, the same thing happens every year, fall in love with defense, and forget that the league is built for offensive teams.
It's not 1985 anymore.

( Things to be convinced of, I'm convinced the Browns,, end up with less common first names in skill positions often.)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 02:51 AM
Need should not take precedence over the best player available, unless you have a patchwork, talentless, team that can't field a team of competitive players.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 12:56 PM
As I have seen how Berry works a couple things come to mind.

Every year at this time you hear "need versus BPA."

IMO Berry looks at the "impact" a player can bring to team goals. He likes to have options and not get stuck into a single choice.

Ideally you want need to intersect with BPA. Filling a team need with the BPA is the goal.

This draft appears to be strong at receiver and DL. The pass rushers will always go first.

Then it becomes about who is there and their value.

Signing Jarvis and Clowney gives Berry options. We could go DT at 44 and be looking at a top five guy at that position.

In fact we could circle back and get two DT and find a receiver with the our second third or a fourth round pick.

At the same time if a high value guy drops to our pick. You can take him.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 02:23 PM
If you look at impact, at DL who might start would impact the team more than a receiver who might get some play time.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 02:44 PM
That is where my head is going. Each year is different. The team needs change. The draft is different.

You want value.

This year that value for us could be DL. By coinincidence that is where are need is.

We have filled in at DT with free agent short term deals. This could be the year to invest. As much as I like Pickens and his value as a possible pick at 44.

We have receivers on the team and we can find receivers later in this draft.

The Browns have not invested high picks at DT. That is a analytic approach. This year we have that luxury to invest at DT.

The key is Clowney. If we sign him to a two year deal. It gives us more options.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 02:56 PM
I'd sign Clownery before Jarvis. I'd even give the money we might have slotted for Jarvis and add some portion to the money we have offered Clowney just to get that done.

We already wasted Joe Thomas' career. Let's don't waste Garrett's because he is the only guy on the DL who can play.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 03:16 PM
No doubt that Clowney has to be the priority.

I just posted on "Woods Scheme." Ward saying how much of a factor Clowney is.

I feel good going into the draft. I have confidence in AB.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 10:17 PM
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Profile: LB Troy Andersen, Montana State
Montana State's Troy Andersen is a Swiss army knife type of player. Where does he best fit in?
NICK FALATOFEB 17, 2022
COMMENT
Troy Andersen, LB
Height: 6’3
Weight: 242 lbs.
Class: Senior
School: Montana State
Arm Length: 32 1/4″
Wingspan: 77 5/8″
Hand: 9 3/8″

Aproductive high school quarterback who was a top safety at Beaverhead County High School in Montana, Andersen was not widely recruited, so he attended an FCS program and was a big fish in a small pond.

Andersen was insanely versatile at the FCS level; he was the top defensive player in his conference and played quarterback and running back throughout college, albeit that is very unlikely at the next level.

Notables
He was the Big Sky Freshman of the Year; he started games at both linebacker and running back. He had a productive 2018 season as a quarterback--he finished first-team All-Big Sky as a quarterback while breaking school rushing records. He had 21 rushing touchdowns in 2018 and a yards-per-carry average of 6.85; both are single-season school records. With limited time as a running back/quarterback, Andersen ranks ninth in rushing yards through Montana State’s school history.

He recorded 150 tackles in 2021 and won Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year. He was a unanimous All-American and earned a trip to the Reese’s Senior Bowl, where he was very impressive as a linebacker. Andersen was the National Team’s top linebacker at the event. Andersen finished 2021 with 14 tackles for a loss, seven passes defended, and two interceptions.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/22/22 10:55 PM
He stood out at the combine. 4.41 damn

Big dude who can fly. Impressive athlete. I like guys like him.

When you can do what he can. You will find a place to play. I remember watching him at the Combine and thinking that guy moves really well.

I lived in Montana. People from there are a tough breed. Boys are brought up learning that you must work hard.

GD I am with you on this guy. Good pick.
Posted By: eotab Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/23/22 12:28 PM
I heard we are offering a 2 year contract to Clowney!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/23/22 12:35 PM
It makes sense because that is what Clowney wants. He may want a three year deal.

His injury history has to be considered. But I hope we do sign him for two years.

He played hard and he is disruptive. He plays the run really well.

He is a good compliment to Myles. Both guys are so damn athletic.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/23/22 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by eotab
I heard we are offering a 2 year contract to Clowney!

I read the same thing several weeks ago. Good deal.
Posted By: eotab Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/25/22 01:22 PM
Oh good that means I was not imagining it...lol laugh
Posted By: BpG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/26/22 05:40 PM
Jordan Davis is a bad and I mean BAD man.

Dude is 6'6 341 and ran a 4.78 40 and broad jumped 123"!!!!

Other than that I really just love Olave, he is just so smooth in and out of his cuts. Wish he would have ran faster but with a good QB he is going to be a nightmare.
Posted By: BpG Re: Favorite Player in the Draft - 04/26/22 05:47 PM
I'd like to reiterate there isn't a DT even close, I mean some of these D-ends aren't as athletic as Jordan Davis. Just a FREAK athlete.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© DawgTalkers.net