Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This does not mean the best player.

Nor does it mean the player the Browns should get or who you want the Browns to get.

This is your favorite player from the those you have watched.

I can not say he is the best player but he is considered to have the highest floor. Aiden Hutchenson. I don't think he is as good as Myles.

But Hutchenson brings it on every play. He brings a lot. He is excellent in both pass and run defense. He sets the edge. He is relentless. A really driven player.

I think Garrett is the best receiver but I love Skyy Moore's game. He has great hands. He is like a good catcher in baseball. He accepts the ball. He is really smooth in all his movement. He has burst quickness. He can shake you. He can go deep. He will make YAC yards. He plays tough and is built to take hits.

So I took a defensive and offensive player. There are others I like and think could be steals or great players. But Hutchenson and Moore are very complete in what they do and how they do it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Garrett Wilson on O because of his brilliant route running and body control.

David Ojabo on D because of his rawness and untapped potential. And because he is Scottish!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This kid plays lightning fast.

-->Wingspan:

Wan'Dale Robinson (67.5/8")
Khalil Shakir (70.3/8")

Calvin Austin III (73")
John Metchie III (73.3/8")
Skyy Moore (73.5/8")
Jahan Dotson (74")

WR prospect Calvin Austin III is hard to project to the next level because of his diminutive size, but he is not simply the gadget player that his stature would sugest.

Memphis lined him up inside and outside and has shown the ability to get a clean release against man coverage.

I don't think that we will be interested in him, because we already signed Jakeem Grant, (albeit he will not be used as I would use Austin) and he is already 23 years old.

Even still I think that he could be a fun player to follow his progress.

He put up 225 lb eleven (11) times at his pro-day, which would have tied him for 3rd place amongst the WRs' at this years combine.

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/15/22 02:50 PM. Reason: Addition

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
The punter, then Malik Willis, then Nakobi Dean.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Skyy Moore, Logan Hall, Chad Muma, and, of course, Matt Araiza.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mgh888
because of his rawness and untapped potential. And because he is Scottish!

Will the real Scottish Hammer stand up ?!?!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Cade York.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I've mentioned him before. He is the kicker we need to draft.

Just draft him and go with it for the next 15 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
2 members like this: Hammer, mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My favorite player in this draft is Nakobe Dean Lb Georgia. He reads the play quickly then becomes a heat seeking missile. He covers a lot of ground and quickly. If he was 10-15# heavier he would go top 10. Instead he is going to drop much like JOK for the same reason. Because we have JOK I don't know if he is a fit for us. If we drafted him, having Dean, JOK and Delpit on the field all at the same time would be a nightmare for Lamar. But we would be really light at Lb. We would definitely need some big stout Dt's. Not sure we could be that small but dang would we be fast.

My 2nd favorite player is Jahan Dotson Wr PSU. Fast, runs good routes, excellent hands, and a HUGE catch radius. If he was a couple inches taller, I have no doubt that he would be drafted top 10
I don't see a way he falls for us but he would be the one player I would trade up for if he makes it out of day 1.

My 3rd guy is a new find for me. Nik Bonitto DE Oklahoma. I read a scouting report that gave his pro comparison as "A literal ball of lightning". Moves at the speed of light but you never know where he is going to be. Watching his highlights that is so accurate. He is super fast but am sure his defensive coordinator never knew where he was going to be. His biggest problem is that he is really light in the pants. I think he weighs about 240# which is too light to hold up at DE full time. He needs to be in a defense that is primarily a 3 front and he plays OLB. Otherwise he will be a 3rd down pass rusher only. That certainly has value. I remember a more than a few years ago Seattle took a guy like that in the 1st round (don't remember his name). But really, how how do you take a guy like that? Could we make him primarily a Lb? That's beyond my pay grade.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
T
Legend
Legend
T
Haaa, thumbsdown rofl my favorite player in the draft, I don't want to admit, and I can't have it both ways.
" Hello my name is TL and I'm an alcoholi---"... I can't have my cake and eat it too. (Noone knows what you millenials are talking about.)

Hello my name is TL and my favorite player in this draft is "the opportunity cost of the pick given up, actually both picks given up in the trade with the Texans."
And NO!, (to those who would claim it means whomever is eventually selected in those spots, IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT), No, it's the "Opp-or-tunity" for your team to make that selection, not whomever some other idiotic team, with their independent needs, wants, philosophies, and misconceptions etc. select.

Favorite defensive player, (only 3rd round or later, the first two rounds should be offense). Karlaftis ( of COURSE he'll be a top 10 pick)
Favorite Wide Receiver, The injured Alabama receiver Jameis ?
My 2nd Favorite Wr, Jahan Dotson, ( The most overrated WR imo, Garrett Wilson. )
My Favorite player who, (Where'd he go did he stay in college?) Was the Rb from South Carolina. (NO! the other one, the one who is actually good! and has a basic first and basic last name. Like one syllable, or very common, like Chad Jones, or Thomas smith.
( It's all about synesthesia, and ... .. oh yeah! nomenclature. ) -> And a real freaking good Rb, Duh!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by cfrs15
The punter, then Malik Willis, then Nakobi Dean.

tough to read you if sarcastic or not but the kid Dean is a sleeper.. He has no combine stuff that impresses but I don't think there is a better defensive player around. He is one of those give me 11 of them and I'll destroy you.

I really like him and could be a steal in the 3rd?? or is that a pipe dream???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hard to believe that he would make it to the third.

But ya never know.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Hard to believe that he would make it to the third.

But ya never know.

Dean should go in the late 1st...I don't see any way he lasts to the 3rd.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Dean is six foot 220lbs.

He played on a unreal college defense. He is small.

In a million years I never thought JOK would be where we got him.

Dean could slide to the second. Third? Highly unlikely.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Alright Bone...give us your 2022 version of JOK.

Anyone but Ridder. naughtydevil

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
JOK was probably a one off. Because he fell a long way at least from where I thought he would go.

Mostly, really good players fall because of something off field. Injury, something drops them if they were productive players.

George Pickens falls into that category but he doesn't carry the credentials Jameson Williams. Williams speed is so obvious.

Pickens only played four games. He tore an ACL in the spring of 2021.

IMO Pickens would be a steal in the second round. I believe he is as good as any receiver in this draft. He is 6'3" 200 lbs.

He has the lowest drop rate of anyone in the draft. He does everything you want a receiver to do. He runs a 4.47. His ten yard split was 1.5 which is crazy good. He wins contested catches. He blocks downfield. Like Garrett he has amazing body control with the ball in the air. His Relative Athletic Score is 9.33 out of 10. That is a telling score. The Packers brought him in for a look.

In my mind he would be great get at #44. If we get the DL ironed out before the draft and receiver was in play at 44. Then we see him a few spots up and believe team X will take him. I would move to get him. Not a lot because this is a deep draft at receiver. But for sure say into the late to mid thirties.

Normally my preferance in receivers is tall guys who win contested balls. The NFL is full of great corners who can cover. It is hard to gain space. Passes are contested. I love guys who win those battles. That is Pickens. He has speed and shake. But when the ball is in the air that guy is intense.

I saw him against Auburn's corner Roger McCreary(a good corner). Pickens was getting hand checked at the line. Physical jam press man coverage. Pickens gave him one shot to the chest and was gone for a 55 yard reception. I was like damn son.

So he would be the guy because if he had played a full schedule in 2021. No way he gets to the second round.

Last edited by bonefish; 04/17/22 01:59 PM.
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Here is a draft take from PFF.

At the 2:18 mark he talks about Pickens.

https://www.cleveland.com/orange-an...joins-orange-and-brown-talk-podcast.html

I started a Pickens thread in early March after I saw tape on him.

Since then I have seen him being talked about quite a bit. Noticed the Packers who have 2 firsts bringing him in for a visit.

If you watch Pickens on tape. I don't know what else needs to be said.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have become convinced Pickens is going to be taken in the first rounds - late but 1s round.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
I have become convinced Pickens is going to be taken in the first rounds - late but 1s round.

I think so as well. Even if not, it's hard to see him fall as far as to us in the 2nd.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
My bad, I didn't realize he was projected that high...I just saw him in mocks going anywhere from #16-#26 of the first round. ILB usually don't go high and I thought he had a slow 40 that would turn guys off. JOK was fast,

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
During the college season I don't watch many college games unless there is a guy I want to check out. I do watch some of the playoffs.

That Georgia defense was something. Jermaine Johnson who will be picked high in the first round had to leave the team to get reps.

Players like Trevon Walker and Jordan Davis were roll players. Devonte Wyatt is a stud tackle. He would fit perfect with the Browns. These guys are total studs that would have been giant stars on other teams.

Over time people will look back on that defense the way people look at the 85 Bears defense.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Malik Willis. May not be the best player or even the best QB in the draft but is exciting to watch. Could be the next Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ok Dawg.

I live in Roswell, Ga. a north suburb of Atlanta. Roswell High School is where Malik played his high school ball.

He has a infectious personality. You can tell the kid loves to play. He is also very humble. He knows that he has much to learn. He has mad skills. I do not think there is a question about his upside potential.

So he starts from a good place. If he is developed properly. Look out. He could become a truly great player.

I sure hope he plays for a team not in the AFC especially the Steelers.

He reminds me of Russell Wilson except a little bigger and faster. Wilson is a HOF'er. Throws one of the best deep balls of all time. If Malik can get to that processing part of the mind like Wilson. The sky is the limit.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Nakobe Dean going back to October maybe - when I watched his games, he stood out and reminded me of JOK, and can you imagine having 2 JOKs on our Defense? Sauce Gardner sure was fun to watch.

On O, it was a joy to watch Olave and Wilson at OSU that last 3 years.

That's 4, my bad smile

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
All seem like good players.

As the draft nears one thought comes to me. The first round should be the top 32 players avaliable to draft.

Yet when it all said and done. A bunch will turn out to not be very good at all. All 32 teams will have done all this work to scout these players.

All will be excited to see them on their teams. And it will end up that they an others looked right at guys who will better than the ones they picked.

Strange how all that works out.

So much work and resources go into the draft. It really is where teams are made and teams fail.

B
Legend
Legend
B
That is why I have said there is a degree of dumb luck involved.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I wouldn't necessarily call him my favy in the draft..but the first time I saw Treylon Burks I was impressed...very impressed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whomever picks John Metchie gets the STEAL of the draft!

No, he is not a speed demon or big WR, BUT he catches EVERYTHING thrown to him.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Burks is an interesting guy. Early on he was considered one of the top guys.

As time has gone by he is not getting the attention he did early on. He is one of the receivers brought to Berea.

He is a big 6'2" 225 lb guy. Most felt he would blister the 40. He didn't 4.5 was his best time. But his 10 yard split was very good at 1.57.

He could fall to us which maybe a steal. He is not a pure route runner. They lined him up all over and they used him like Deebo Samuels. He is YAC guy for sure.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If the Browns go defense with pick 44.

Metchie may be there in the third. He would be considered a great value pick in the third.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I haven't really studied the draft and I don't know if this guy will transition well into the NFL, but Nakobe Dean is a guy I really like. His mother seems like a great woman and Dean seems like a great guy. I like rooting for guys like him.

Legend
Legend
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Mel just mocked us Travis Jones in his mock. Anyone know anything about him? He is big, at 6'5 335. DT out of UConn

I don’t know anything about him. Taking a run stuffing interior linemen from UCONN seems like the opposite of what Berry’s MO is.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I don’t know anything about him. Taking a run stuffing interior linemen from UCONN seems like the opposite of what Berry’s MO is.

It does, however, he can pass rush and get to the QB which AB values at the DT position. If he was a pure run stuffer, I'd agree, the Browns would have zero interest. If Jones is there, I thing Berry and Co. give him strong consideration.

Go grab Dominque Robinson with the 3rd round compensatory pick.

1 member likes this: cfrs15
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Milk Man

It does, however, he can pass rush and get to the QB which AB values at the DT position. If he was a pure run stuffer, I'd agree, the Browns would have zero interest. If Jones is there, I thing Berry and Co. give him strong consideration.

Go grab Dominque Robinson with the 3rd round compensatory pick.

And maybe that is the problem we have in scouting DT's. We are seeking something that doesn't happen all that often. Maybe we are trying to put the cart before the horse?

A DT is a run defender first. If they can pass rush, great.

A big run stuffer who can take on 2 blockers has unseen benefit. They free someone else from being doubled. They keep backers clean and open up the possibility of the backer blitzing. They also free up the other DT from a double, so let that guy be a pass rush type DT.

It's stupid for people to look at Donald and think we need to get that. No sheet Ex-Lax, he is one of the 10 best to ever play the position. We might as well go get another Joe Green or Merlin Olsen while we are at it.

Oh...we sure as heck aren't going to find that in the 3rd or 4th round where we seem to think we can shore up the position.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He is a gap control nose tackle.

Big dude with limited pass rush moves. He is a 44 type pick guy who has the potential to become a starter at some point.

He would be a rotational player for us used on early downs and pulled out in passing downs.

He has some altheltic ability and could develop over time.

E
Legend
Legend
E

He is one of the strongest DL in this draft...he is country strong and dominates any OG one on one...battles with Bitonio and Teller would be the thing to watch in training camp. Doesn't have that quick step to be a great pass rusher but he would push the belly of the pocket into the lap of QBs and make them leave right in the hands of our DEs. He would be a steal at #44!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

V
Legend
Legend
V

This is from PFF. Jones is their 3rd ranked DT.

3. TRAVIS JONES, UCONN
BIG BOARD RANK: 40
Jones was the lone bright spot on Connecticut's roster this season. At 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds, he's a monstrous space-eating nose tackle, but he can be a little more than that. He racked up 25 pressures and 21 run stops on the season and played well at the Senior Bowl.

Legend
Legend
Sounds like a young Ted Washington.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Favorite Player in the Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard