DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Rishuz Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:21 PM
It brings me no joy to be correct other than I was going to bet the Patriots and I didn't.

Take Chubb away from Stefanski, and he is no better than any other coach the Browns have had. He's Pat Shurmur, Chud, etc. He's a fraud. He's awful.

Brissett was afraid to throw the ball today.

The Browns suck.

The Jets game broke me. If we could have gone 4-1 even with that loss I could have chalked it up to super anomaly. But it was reflective of this staff.

The Browns suck.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:23 PM
We have to get better. I will take responsibility. I will look at the tape. I will not make any changes.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:25 PM
- This was comically bad.

- The defense is absolutely atrocious and the Browns have no picks to rebuild it.

- Priefer never has ST prepared. He's junk.

- Brissett is who he is. A bad QB.

- Wheels are really going to come off with the upcoming schedule.

- I expected 4-7 after the first 11 games. I look like an optimist!

- The Browns is the Browns.

Off to see the Guardians.

Go Guardians!
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:25 PM
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:26 PM
Blah hurry back Watson and 2023
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:26 PM
Andrew Berry and Kevin Stefanski.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:26 PM
well, the first game we were pretty much done from the start of the game.

JB really came crashing down to Earth today. the guy just goes through his reads so slow, and we have another QB who won't(can't) throw his receivers open. unless they're open, he's gonna hold on to the ball. even with this passiveness, he still turning the ball over more and more, and his passes are less accurate than at the beginning of the season.

the defense....our secondary is a joke. the d line simply doesn't have talent minus garrett. had chances to get Zappe down, but just couldn't finish plays and once again, we saw a lot of busted coverage downfield.

the patriots really tried to stop our run, but i thought we didn't stick to it enough, plus we were getting decent yards per rush anyways.

horrible game
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:26 PM
Turnovers

The midfield logo is still dumb looking.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Blah hurry back Watson and 2023

Painted on the wall as you leave Roosters it says
Free Wings Tomorrow.

The Browns will be great next year.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:33 PM
I don't care anymore. Missed the game on purpose for the first time in years.

I knew we would lose and finally am not watching this train wreck anymore!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:34 PM
Fire Kevin Stefanski.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
I don't care anymore. I knew we would lose and finally am not watching this train wreck anymore!

My masochistic nature tells me to keep watching....lol
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:35 PM
I was surprised. We were worse that I'd thought we'd be. Pathetic. I predicted 6-8 wins and last place. 6 wins might have been optimistic.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:36 PM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:37 PM
I'll be watching and rooting for the GuardIndians though.

Hope this football game isn't a pre cursor to the Indians game.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:37 PM
Horrific coaching. We have players on this team that don't know that you can't recover an onside kick when you're out of bounds. - There are high school teams that coach that sort of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Stefanski gets canned tonight.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

OMG! We could be 2 & forever. I thought we were much better than this, but it seems I was wrong....
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:39 PM
LOL 3rd....Here is my life....

Saturday: Braves eliminated and the Tide loses in a horrible way.

Sunday: Browns usual loss.

I'm done.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:41 PM
To touch on that. One of my buddies was selling his tickets and I nearly bought them so that my daughter could always say that she had seen Bill Bellichik in person. Face value, 264 for two seats. Man am I glad that I passed on them. At this point, I'd be willing to pay 10% of the face value to see this team. -- That would have been 26.40, plus 20 for parking, plus another 50 for food/souvenirs. - At 10% of face value, that's a total of around 100.00 heck I'm not sure that I'd be willing to do that now that I write about it.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
.... you can't recover an onside kick when you're out of bounds.

I think we got shafted on the reversal. I saw no proof that AJG touched the ball....
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:42 PM
Does the team really have talent

I don't see much talent

or is that the team has talent

but not a coaching staff that can coach them to

Win !!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:43 PM
For Who
WHO WHO could be the new coach that would turn thingz around?

Who? Jon Gruden? ... not midseason can you imagine, when he'd start losing too.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
LOL 3rd....Here is my life....

Saturday: Braves eliminated and the Tide loses in a horrible way.

Sunday: Browns usual loss.

I'm done.

Totally understandable....
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:45 PM
IAt the beginning of the year I said we could be 2-9 when DW comes back. I think that's going to happen. Just about every game every season that lousy feeling of another loss.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:46 PM
Just horrible. Worse than any of us could imagine.

Simply put - outcoached. At every point and in every phase. With as many injuries as they have - simply inexcusable.

But - I realized something as I grew frustrated and bad mouthed the team on my TV ... I actually don't care that much right now. Not because of any other reason than I knew this was a blown season - knew we had wasted a year of MG, Chubb, Conklin, Bitonio, Teller, JOK and others all in their prime. Right now - I am disgusted with their performance - but basically the whole team is in Limbo until we get our future FQB available and playing. We might still lose at that point if we are still so bad on D and special teams ... and if we do I will be livid ... but for now the truth is none of these games matter. We were destined to miss the playoffs and be average at best this year ... and here we are, certainly headed in that direction unless lighting strikes Berea - a few times - and somehow we flip the script. But don't hold your breath.

🤮
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:47 PM
That's true too.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Does the team really have talent

I don't see much talent

or is that the team has talent

but not a coaching staff that can coach them to

Win !!

Oh we have some talent but not the (defensive) coaching. Admittedly, we are soft up the middle on defense, so yes, we do have some holes to fill....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:50 PM
Jordan Elliott is irreplaceable because see he is Long and that uhh..------
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:51 PM
Hell, the Giants and Jets are better than us.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:52 PM
This team has talent but every NFL team has talent, duh.
But this team lacks intelligent football players
I wonder how many are still part of the Andrew Berry Fan Club
I suspect the Homers will be in the shadows now
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 08:56 PM
I'd be down for Gruden. I'd love playing the role of the bad boy in the NFL.

Our team could be like the 2nd coming of the Raiders. Heck yeah. Not these soft coaches and players.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:01 PM
In that picture the guy on the left is about to get a boost into a backflip, it would be awesome. (glass half full haha).
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:01 PM
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

OMG! We could be 2 & forever. I thought we were much better than this, but it seems I was wrong....
So the worst QB we play in the next 5 weeks, currently, is..... Tom Brady.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:03 PM
Stefanski isn't improving. He's getting worse and worse.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:05 PM
The FO knew they were throwing this year away when they went after Watson. I know this because they did thorough due diligence (I read that on the internet, so it must be true). I think we have won every game we deserved to win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:06 PM
I feel like this season will now turn into the ones we know too well: players loafing around, uninspired, letting things snowball, and losing games by 3 TDs
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:07 PM
If the players throw in the towel 6 games in, there should be coaching changes.

Can't wait to hear the excuses and plan to improve this week.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:11 PM
You’re right … i still fear its coming
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:11 PM
No matter what this team says or does, no matter who owns them, coaches them, or plays for them nothing ever, ever changes. It’s exactly like watching them at the beginning of the century, except now they have a couple decent running backs who hate life playing for this dysfunctional crap foundry. Haven’t watched a game in three weeks and my Sundays and Mondays are almost like normal days. F em. Go Guardians!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
All those receivers that were running around open that Baker couldn't find... it seems JB can't find them either.

He has gone from competent QB who moved the ball effectively, relied on the running game, and scored points... to holding the ball too long, being indecisive, throwing into coverage.

It's almost like... oh, nevermind.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:12 PM
They are who we thought they were. (Herm Edwards)
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:13 PM
I'd be down for Gruden. I'd love playing the role of the bad boy in the NFL.

Our team could be like the 2nd coming of the Raiders. Heck yeah. Not these soft coaches and players.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:14 PM
Seems like the Browns haven't recovered from the Jets game. The team looks uninspired, unmotivated, and can't wait for the season to end already. That is on Stefanski!
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:14 PM
Its simple, this whole staff. top to bottom, needs replaced. Rebuild. Get rid of all players that would garner a pick, draft your QB of the future.. oh wait, we've done that like 9 times since 99. But seriously though.. this staff is the worst staff we've had collectively. Stefanski is a joke.. I can't see how anyone defends that clown..He wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for Kubiak. Remember we could have had Sean McDermott. Staff should have been replaced this offseason. Look at the Giants right now.. Brian freaking Daboll.. Been amazing everywhere except here...tells me more about our personnel than it does him. Berry shouldn't be building teams and Depo needs to get as far away from this team as possible. Analytics work in moderation, they shouldn't be the basis of what makes all your decisions. The players mostly all suck, but the more telling sign is theres not growth from any of them.. Biggest thing that needs to happen is this needs to stop being a football town and start supporting a team like the Guardians who have one of the best run teams in any sport but lack fan support to be able to spend money like they need to. When all we had was the tribe after we lost the team was some of the best sporting moments this town has ever had.. Whens the last time the Browns had a feel good story. This team doesn't deserve the support they get.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:15 PM
Throw tons of money at Sean Payton!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
All those receivers that were running around open that Baker couldn't find... it seems JB can't find them either.
That made me laugh.
sorry.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:18 PM
Analytics only exists so you don't have to think.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:19 PM
Cade was 3/3...

High point.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN

He has gone from competent QB who moved the ball effectively, relied on the running game, and scored points... to holding the ball too long, being indecisive, throwing into coverage.

It's almost like... oh, nevermind.

Watson has a chance. But a WR being "open" when you pause a screenshot doesn't prove much. What was the play design, where was he supposed to be and if he's the 4th read and he's open 3 seconds after the snap but running into coverage - the QB isn't going to see him no matter what or who. But the Offense and Brissett hasn't - overall - been the issue this year, it is the Defense. Just putrid.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:20 PM
Analytics only exists so you don't have to think.

exactly, get rid of stefanski and just have Madden 23 fired up on the sideline calling Plays. Can't be any worse than the TE end around
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:21 PM
Sean Payton.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I feel like this season will now turn into the ones we know too well: players loafing around, uninspired, letting things snowball, and losing games by 3 TDs

The defense has been doing this since week 1.

And what has Stefanski done about it...absolutely nothing.

The defense plays exactly like a defense devoid of leadership would...uninspired. Without care. No give a damn. If the head coach won't take interest in their side of the ball why should they.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:25 PM
I remember when Gregg Williams took over HC, the change in everything was stark, they were disciplined, played hard and the whole team seemed to be on the same page. Not saying he's who I want, I'm just saying a good coach can bring it all together and beta personalities like Stefanski try not to stir the pot. Thats not a good quality for a HC, five me Tom Coughlin style any day
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:25 PM
"We battled." Apparently not all of us. Our secondary was MIA. We certainly did nothing to slow their receivers down off the line or to disrupt their routes. Made a rookie arm look primo. We need some better players; these seem broken. I expect a number of them to leave at their first opportunity. JB is getting worse; locking in, staring down, seems afraid to throw, and he is late. Thank goodness we are abandoning the run AND dialing up deep passes he can underthrow late. This was a disgusting loss. He is also missing or ignoring some open routes. JB hurt us badly today, but so did a bunch of others. Coaches Ski and Woods have some serious work to do. Open up the roster again.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:27 PM
Agree 100%.

Bailey Zappe threw for over 300 yds against Stefanski's team.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Cade was 3/3...

High point.
Browns get all of their sacks it seems on 2nd down. Give up the first on the next play.

He made a FG down I8 points to pull within I5, so ...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Browns get all of their sacks it seems on 2nd down. Give up the first on the next play.

This is so true.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:37 PM
JB just doesn't read the field fast enough, which is why his throws are so late. he's reading the defense accurately, but since it's not quick enough, his passes are constantly short and behind his receivers. and he's doing his best Baker mayfield impression by running into sacks. he's doesn't have the arm talent to confidently throw it into tight windows, but now that he's missing on the easier throws as well.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:37 PM
This is so funny; people act like this has just started to happen to Stefanski this year. He's coaching exactly the same way he did with the Vikings, in 2020, and 2021. The only difference is people don't have Mayfield to blame now. Bill B. completely outcoached Stefanski and the Browns let a rookie QB torch them for over 300 yards. Gave up over 100 yards rushing to the Pats and the Browns run offense was shut down. Ya think teams aren't going to be watching the film on this game? Going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better with our schedule coming up and Stefanski in charge. I've been trying to tell people for over 2-years now about Stefanski and endured the constant negative posts for it - do you believe me now?
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:38 PM
i cant even be mad a stefanski. dude is calling great games, but right now if teams force JB to throw, its gonna be a tough day.
Posted By: steve0255 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:40 PM
He has more responsibility than just calling games. He's the freaking HC, not the OC!
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 09:58 PM
i agree with that.

but i dunno what he can do about the DL. there just isn't much talent there besides Garrett. Clowney can't be relied on because he's always injured. right now our biggest issue on defense is the fact that we have no control over the LoS. we can't stop the run, can't get much pressure, can't set the edge. the offensive game plan is literally "double garrett and do whatever".
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 10:26 PM
Glad I left a little early.

The only thing good about this loss was with the fans leaving early you got to avoid the Zombie Walk.

You know, that packed walk up W3rd, shoulder to shoulder, your steps are as much side to side as they are forward, everybody staring at the street a foot or two in front of them, all with a blank stare on their face.

This game was pretty bad.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
i cant even be mad a stefanski. dude is calling great games, but right now if teams force JB to throw, its gonna be a tough day.

No doubt.

Belicheck is considered a genius on defense and a great head coach. If he wants to shut down the run, he will shut down the run. Having had Jacoby, he is aware of his deficiencies throwing the ball, so this game shaped up as a big problem.

We tried multiple deep shots to try to loosen up the run game. It didn't work.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:24 PM
Cleveland and Detroit are probably the 2 toughest teams to be fans of. No matter the players, coaches, FO it's the same crap and losing every year. Why even bother anymore?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

No doubt.

Belicheck is considered a genius on defense and a great head coach. If he wants to shut down the run, he will shut down the run. Having had Jacoby, he is aware of his deficiencies throwing the ball, so this game shaped up as a big problem.

We tried multiple deep shots to try to loosen up the run game. It didn't work.

Great coaches do great things with little talent. The Browns have way more talent than the Patriots but have vastly inferior coaching, hence 38-15.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:32 PM
Just like always, the Browns lose to a team they should beat, and the steelers beat a team they shouldn't Nothing ever changes. And to think, guys on this defense were talking about being a top five defense. Paper tigers. I would have these guys going live all practice, just to see who would show the effort. They are soft, if I was them, I would be ashamed. Small fast LBs who can't tackle. Overhyped back seven, who at this point are putrid. Buffalo will score 50 points against this defense. Lamar is going to have 100+ rushing. And God knows what Brady will do to them. Brissett is a back-up for a reason.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Cleveland and Detroit are probably the 2 toughest teams to be fans of. No matter the players, coaches, FO it's the same crap and losing every year. Why even bother anymore?

This.

I'm close to not even bothering anymore. Took a first step today. Missed the first half due to other commitments and instead of starting the game from the beginning I just turned it on where it was live. Incremental steps to not watching at all.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:39 PM
It's not just the players that are soft, it's the coaches.

Stefanski refuses to play Chubb, the best RB in the NFL, during crunch time.

It's so freaking dumb.

Get a real coach in here.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:41 PM

This.

I'm close to not even bothering anymore. Took a first step today. Missed the first half due to other commitments and instead of starting the game from the beginning I just turned it on where it was live. Incremental steps to not watching at all.

Exactly me today as well. Got home (and although we recorded it) I just started watching live. With about 5 minutes left wife came into the garage and simply said "You're still watching this crap?"
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:44 PM
The QB sneak we tried was pathetic. You have 2 tough runners in Chub and Hunt and you try a sneak. That was a big play that went against us. And what about when we pulled to within 9 and went for the 2 points. Wouldn't it have been better to kick the extra point to get within a one score game? I'm glad I don't get to watch this stuff every wek.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:46 PM
Yes the 2 pt was tried one possession too early. Super moronic. I'm sure his analytics told him to do it. Like I said analytics means no thinking.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/16/22 11:48 PM
Right Rishuz. Just use good old fashion football sense. Is that too hard? If we can see it why can't they? I knew we were going to lose this game. Said as much a couple of times this past week. I just can't bet against us!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:02 AM
Where's Bonefish at. He said this was a playoff team
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:06 AM
I've notice one other poster that is absent as well.
Posted By: Knight Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:29 AM
Last weekend I decided to get work done that I needed to instead of wasting 3 hours and getting upset. I'm glad I made the same decision this weekend, I can always watch the train wreck on the highlight reels. Sad there is so much talent on this team to be this bad, it's not worth watching anymore. I understand we don't have a starting calibur QB but why abandon the run so quickly? and to give up 38 points to a back up QB?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:33 AM

It's so freaking dumb.

Is it me or does Chubb rarely play the 3rd Quarter? Also, have to be the absolute worst team in the NFL in the 2nd half of games. Embarrassing.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD

It's so freaking dumb.

Is it me or does Chubb rarely play the 3rd Quarter? Also, have to be the absolute worst team in the NFL in the 2nd half of games. Embarrassing.

No that was when we had baker we are much better now naughtydevil
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I remember when Gregg Williams took over HC, the change in everything was stark, they were disciplined, played hard and the whole team seemed to be on the same page. Not saying he's who I want, I'm just saying a good coach can bring it all together and beta personalities like Stefanski try not to stir the pot. Thats not a good quality for a HC, five me Tom Coughlin style any day

Say what you will about Eric Mangini, but according to NFL stats we were the least penalized team for the 2 seasons he was coach.

My preference right now would be to bring Tony Dungy out of retirement, I think his style would put us over the top
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by boofers20

Say what you will about Eric Mangini, but according to NFL stats we were the least penalized team for the 2 seasons he was coach.

My preference right now would be to bring Tony Dungy out of retirement, I think his style would put us over the top

I like how yall just two former browns HC that never got to the playoffs. Stefanski isn't going anywhere.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Glad I left a little early.

The only thing good about this loss was with the fans leaving early you got to avoid the Zombie Walk.

You know, that packed walk up W3rd, shoulder to shoulder, your steps are as much side to side as they are forward, everybody staring at the street a foot or two in front of them, all with a blank stare on their face.

This game was pretty bad.

We did the same thing, was going to watch from the lower level and about the time we got there heard a groan from the crowd and someone said the Browns muffed a punt.

I was saying to my buddy as we walked up W3rd how glad I was that we left early. I absolutely can't stand that walk after a loss. And now the city parks their plow trucks there to clog it up even worse
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:08 AM

I like how yall just two former browns HC that never got to the playoffs. Stefanski isn't going anywhere.

We've got essentially a very similar team to last year with the exception of having a healthy backup quarterback starting, instead of an injured Mayfield (whether you think BM is a backup or a starter didn't matter). Generally the team and especially the OL is healthier... Certainly no worse. Today's game was rank... Stinky, disgusting fetid rank. If we see more games like this if think stefanski's seat would be warm.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:15 AM
We don't have a head coach. We have a decent OC who needs great players to be successful and a below average defensive staff.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:27 AM
Terry's not wrong.

https://cleveland.com/browns/2022/1...wns-loss-to-new-england-terry-pluto.html
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:31 AM

Terry is 100% spot on with everything he said.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by mgh888

Especially the last two sentences.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:39 AM
Stefanski has put his ego ahead of winning. He has put himself ahead of the franchise. That's fireable and unforgivable.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:44 AM

Dennis Green actually.

Heem Edwards was “YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME”
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by AZBrown
Originally Posted by mgh888

Especially the last two sentences.
Absolutely. Of course Stefanski is Teflon. And Haslam isn't going to do anything. The sucking will continue. This franchise is embarrassing. Hopefully someone in Berea wakes up. And soon.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:56 AM
Just listened to Stefanski's presser.

Said they need to learn. Lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:02 AM
Pluto is spot on
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:25 AM
I'm just curious as to where vers is, so he can tell us what we saw wasn't what we saw.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:31 AM
Pluto is right on. I said in a Post I made in the last couple of days that there is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about and it's not good.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:40 AM

Thanks Dave. I'll drop it right here so posters don't even need to click to read the TRUTH.

Pathetic? Lifeless? Embarrassing? Pick your word for Browns’ loss to Patriots

Terry Pluto
Updated: Oct. 16, 2022, 6:15 p.m.|Published: Oct. 16, 2022, 5:05 p.m.

CLEVELAND, Ohio – I started to write, “This is really hard to watch.”

Then I stopped. That’s too kind for how the Browns played in their 38-15 loss to New England Sunday.

Instead, I’m going to speak for the fans. Those who pay to watch the games in person. Those who invest their heart and emotions into following the orange helmets.

Finally, those who deserve so much better than what this franchise has delivered – for decades.

This column is not about firing everyone. But it is about changing something, but so much is very, very wrong with this team.

Their record is 2-4. They have lost three in a row, each of those games was worse than the previous one.

Some fans will want Joshua Dobbs to replace Jacoby Brissett as the QB. He had two interceptions and lost a fumble.

I’m not ready to make that move. But I would have removed Brissett from this game. He looked overwhelmed and underprepared for what he faced from his old coach, Bill Belichick.

For much of the season, the Browns have had breakdowns on defense. There were costly interceptions on offense. Some key missed field goals.

But there never was ... this.

This as in a sense of doom, the players seemingly waiting for something to go wrong.

This as in a lack of faith, as if they didn’t buy into the game plan.

This as in there were times when they were out-hustled, out-coached and simply outed as a team with no faith in themselves.

THIS IS A NEW BOTTOM

Remember, the Browns hit bottom in 2022 not against the Tom Brady Patriots. These Patriots came to town with a 2-3 record and third-string rookie QB Bailey Zappe – and New England savaged them for 38 points.

The Browns defense gave up 309 yards to Bailey Zappe. Maybe he turns into the next Tom Brady, but right now he’s a fourth-round pick from Western Kentucky just trying stay in the league.

Once again, there were blown coverages, sloppy tackling and the usual defensive sins.

I find it hard to have any belief in what Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods is doing this season. It’s time for a change, either in his approach or the Browns need a new defensive coordinator.

The defensive scheme stinks. The accent on tackling this week was utterly ignored, at least based on what happened on the field.

Good news? Cade York is back on track – kicked three field goals. After that, I have nothing positive to say about the Browns.

WHAT KIND OF GAME PLAN WAS THAT?

Players are a big part of every game.

But how about some help from the coaches? Kevin Stefanski & Co. must have been seeing tight ends in their sleep, because they kept calling passes to – you guessed it – tight ends.

Not just one tight end, but three.

The first play of the game was to tight end Harrison Bryant for 6 yards. The next one was a long pass down the sidelines to Pharoah Brown, the team’s third-string tight end. It was picked off.

In the first half, the Browns threw the ball as many times to tight ends (8) as they gave it to Nick Chubb. They seemed to enter the game believing Belichick was determined to take away the running game – so why bother to put a sincere effort into making it work?

I’m going to stop. You get the point. I just keep wondering, “Whatever happened to tough, smart and accountable?” And please, don’t tell me about how Deshaun Watson finally playing is going to address many of the problems.

It’s much deeper than that, and Browns fans know it.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:03 AM

Ill take that bet..
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:40 AM
... I said in a Post I made in the last couple of days that there is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about and it's not good.

Cracks in the foundation.

We've all seen this movie before. Wheels are close to coming completely off.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:47 AM
I would have tried Dobbs for a series or two. Just to spice things up, he brings an athletic factor, so maybe that could loosen the D. JB’s long throws are not good, he’s getting slower in his reads and isn’t mobile enough to threaten a D.

Start Dobbs. Josh or Lou. wink
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 04:35 AM
j/c...

Listening to the players speak and much more so watching the play on the field, most seem content collecting a paycheck. A problem that has not changed since '99.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:04 AM
I think the players have given up because this was a throw away year from the beginning.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I think the players have given up because this was a throw away year from the beginning.

There's something to be said for that. That dialogue has circulated around town as well.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:14 AM
Thoughtful comments from Bill Belichick in his postgame presser regarding Browns legends. Interesting to see and listen to what he suggested of his team. Respect for history.

Starts at the 2 min. 15 second mark....

https://www.patriots.com/video/bill...this-league-is-about-having-good-players
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 06:16 AM
Win or lose Game 5 (and its not just this season for the Guardians). This is spot on....and it all starts at the top...

The Browns still severely lack in organizational culture.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 09:28 AM
It’s what I feared when we found out Watson was suspended for 11 games: as soon as things look grim the players will go into self preservation mode and say screw it.

We are to that point. The Jets, Falcons, and Chargers losses were bad … but yesterday felt different. Felt like quitting.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Listening to the players speak and much more so watching the play on the field, most seem content collecting a paycheck. A problem that has not changed since '99.

The team quitting on Chud seemed to me the biggest single reason he was fired prematurely and not given a better chance. If Stefanski can't get better performance and 100% effort - I'd say his seat is going to feel increasingly warmer.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 11:26 AM
Stefanski has put his ego ahead of winning. He has put himself ahead of the franchise. That's fireable and unforgivable.

I don't agree that it's his ego. Maybe - but I don't see that. I see a good or very good OC who has triggered the Peter Principal. I see a calm, organized, thoughtful coach - characteristics we all embraced - but not a leader of men, not someone to inspire or have players playing with passion and commitment when the chips are down. Someone that relies on the same (now cliché) presser comments after a loss. Someone that is too predictable as a coordinator when we struggle in game. Someone who scripts plays brilliant to start games but lacks ability for in game adjustments. As a HC he is sort of the equivalent of a game manager - can do most of his job (outside of being accountable for the D) very well, but doesn't inspire or lead or lift others from a motivational sense.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 11:41 AM
I agree … he’s not a natural head coach. He’s a natural play designer, organizer, manager, etc. He needs a foil as a DC that brings those fiery qualities IMO. That’s the only way to salvage what he brings that is GOOD
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 11:50 AM
I agree … he’s not a natural head coach. He’s a natural play designer, organizer, manager, etc. He needs a foil as a DC that brings those fiery qualities IMO. That’s the only way to salvage what he brings that is GOOD

This is pretty spot on. Great description of what appears to be going on.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:15 PM
KS, needs to focus on Head Coaching, managing different aspects of the game plan, personalities, etc. He should be in Joe Woods grill at times, but he's too busy calling plays. Is he even aware of what is happening on defense on game days, or is he too focused on his next series?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:19 PM
I’m not sure what the coaching staff’s routine is during the game when it comes to responsibility and communication, but how could you be KS and watch the film the next week and think “everything will be OK”
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
KS, needs to focus on Head Coaching, managing different aspects of the game plan, personalities, etc. He should be in Joe Woods grill at times, but he's too busy calling plays. Is he even aware of what is happening on defense on game days, or is he too focused on his next series?

I think we all know the answer to this.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:30 PM
Winning coaches seem to either inspire their teams by being fiery or by being the cerebral types who X and O their opponents. Stefanski seems like the worst of both. He is the least fiery coach ever, and he doesn't seem to game plan very well at all. There's no shame in getting outreached by Belichick, but this is two years in a row where he just got humiliated.
Tell me I am overreacting, but I just don't think it is going to work. The Jets don't have the talent we have, but their coach seems to inspire them. When they lose, he gets made. When Tomlin gets humbled, he gets pissed and the team responds the next week - even though it lacks talent. When Stefanski loses, he ... just takes it. As for Berry, the Brissett plan is obviously a total failure. We were all dubious, and there were other options, but we tried to be hopeful. We never thought he was good, and it turns out he is much worse than we thought. The trade for Watson is going to look really bad when Houston gets a top five pick this year.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 12:34 PM
Yeah, bill B has owned KS … easily the most outmatched KS has been in his tenure.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:35 PM
It never ends with this team. We get rid of Baker with all his drama, and we have just as much as we had when he was here, maybe more. The coaching looks suspect especially on D. I really feel a change is needed there. Yesterday was sad but we've all seen this many times over the years. That's what I don't get. We change coaches, FO and players and the same stuff happens season after season all negative. I tell people this that know I'm a Browns fan and it's like they don't believe it. I myself don't know what to do to change it.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:36 PM
Pathetic. Some good individual performances, but overall, horrid.

I don't think Watson in the line up fixes the problems.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:43 PM
jc

season still alive. top afc north team is 3-3.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 01:47 PM
The problem I feel is that

The 3-3 team will be 4-3 next week and the Browns

will be 2-5

After yesterdays loss I don't have

much faith in them winning the next few games
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:09 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:11 PM
JOK losing snaps now to Takitaki.

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I don't think Watson in the line up fixes the problems.

This.

Maybe next season with key upgrades on defense.

How much will he do with the record we will most likely have when he returns and plays his first game in 2 years?
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:19 PM
JOK losing snaps now to Takitaki.

Depressing. Even more so than the secondary stuff.

We all knew the DTs would struggle, but I was sort of hoping this would be the breakout year for JOK.

Maybe not all his fault?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:22 PM
Delpit and JJ3 are bad bad
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 02:50 PM
I was just listening to local sports talk radio and the 2 hosts were discussing the game yesterday. They said we were one of the most talented teams the Pats have faced and would face in their next 3 games. They were critiquing the play calling and called it stupid. They said we got away from our strength, the running game, too fast and ? our passing calls. They really got on the 2 PT. conversion try when we pulled to within 9. They said we should have kicked the XP and that not making the 2PT. try would only deflate the team which it did. They said they would like to have a lot of the players we have laughed and called us stupid. I'll bet this is the prevailing thought about us around the league. I really believe it's the coaching and not just Woods.
Posted By: HarleyDawg51 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:05 PM
I hate to say it but I think it is time for a head coach change once AGAIN !!!!!!. In fact the whole coaching staff needs to go. Joe Woods should be working a drive thru window at McDonalds.

Why can't the Browns get it right? Other teams seem to fix things but for some reason this franchise seems to always be a mess.

We have the best running back tandem in the NFL and Chubb was handed the ball 12 times and Hunt only 4. I wouldn't blame either one for getting out of Cleveland ASAP before this franchise ruins their careers.

I watch a Browns game and ask myself how can a professional football team be this terrible? Part is because the play calling is terrible. Stefanski thinks he is an offensive genius when in fact he just plain sucks at it....period.

I think I am done watching for a while. I am 71 years old and been a Browns fan all my life but I just can't watch any more of what we put on the field and call it a team. My ticker can't take much more.

This defense has to face Jackson, Burrow, Tua, Allen and Brady in our next 5 games and they are gonna get torched by every one of them. Zappe was a rookie and he threw for over 300 yards against our D. We never blitz or put any kind of pressure on any QB even the bad ones. We make rookies look like pro bowlers.

If Haslam is smart ,he will fire every one of the coaches and start all over again. Stefanski is a one hit wonder. He thinks because he got coach of the year that he is a top shelf coach. He isn't.

We were playing so bad and I was getting so pissed that I switched over and watched the Bucs and Squeelers game for a while. Now that is sad when it gets so bad that I do that.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:12 PM
Yesterday was KS worst game as a coach (and the LA game wasn’t much far behind it)
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:28 PM
Yesterday was KS worst game as a coach (and the LA game wasn’t much far behind it)

Hey relax he is "learning"
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:43 PM
How can anyone look at those 3 clips and think Joe Woods can get a defense ready to play?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 03:55 PM
Lol!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 04:46 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 04:48 PM
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:05 PM

I must say that I'm in total agreement with him. I also thought that JD should have been put in at the end of the 3rd qtr. You could just tell that JB didn't have the goods that game....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:41 PM
You could tell Brissett was cooked the first drive of the game. He had the wide eyes. You wonder if it was going against NE, not feeling comfortable knowing that he’d have to carry the burden.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 05:53 PM

Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 06:24 PM
Blah blah blah; trust the process despite the results; watch the tape; apply what we learned to next week. Just shut up already. We get it. You have NO clue what to do as a head coach. No one is accountable on your staff as far as you handing out any kind of discipline. Neither are any of your players. Same crap week in and week out. Learning? You what what WE are learning Kevin: That YOU need to go if you aren't going to make any changes to your coaching staff, your play calling or to the lineup when YOUR players BLOW on the field WEEK AFTER WEEK. Jimmy, FIND ME MY EXPERIENCED NFL HEAD COACH! NOW!
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 07:49 PM
I Want Neon Deion!
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 08:13 PM
Hey Ski...hyper-focused is like giving more than 100%...it's just not a thing. Just get it done.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 09:15 PM

Denny Green
Posted By: BADdog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Denny Green

What do you think of your teams execution?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/17/22 11:06 PM

Empty words.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:57 AM
We have some of the worst Safeties in the League. Watching those clips above is telling. Delpit is a HUGE liability in pass coverage and Johnson III has not not playing at a level even close to the money we are paying him. Time to bench Delpit. JJIII should have a seat warmed up for him too.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 05:09 AM
Bring Back Sendejo!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 01:28 PM
Yes the 2 pt was tried one possession too early. Super moronic. I'm sure his analytics told him to do it. Like I said analytics means no thinking.

Not sure if this has been addressed, but no, it was not moronic. It was unequivocally the right thing to do.

"Like I said analytics means no thinking"-- Sorry, this makes zero sense.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Not sure if this has been addressed, but no, it was not moronic. It was unequivocally the right thing to do.

I agree. They needed a 2pt or 2 scores if it fails, I would rather know up front, from a clock management PoV, if I am going to need an additional possession.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

I agree. They needed a 2pt or 2 scores if it fails, I would rather know up front, from a clock management PoV, if I am going to need an additional possession.

Yep. Only 6 minutes left, you want to know now. Many people argue this at different points in the 4th, there is some merit, but it's all based on time left. For example... 2:30 left? I'm kicking the XP and hoping for a miraculous chance for a tie later. I may also choose the XP very early in the 4th, with so much football left in the quarter.

Making the 2 now gives you the option of playing for the win after your next score... Or lining up quickly to draw them offsides for an easier XP. It also clarifies how quickly you need the ball back... like on an onside kick... which should have worked.

Opinions are fine. "Moronic" is, well...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 03:00 PM

Correct. It was the right to call to go for two there. Allows you to better plan for the rest of the game to know where you stand.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/when-to-go-for-2-for-real/
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:05 PM
j/c:

Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:12 PM
They also made sure they hit him hard on every given opportunity. Don't remember another game with Chubb taking so many direct hits.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:26 PM
I don't care if NE was making it a priority to stop Chubb or not, he's your best offensive weapon you have to give him more than 12 touches. This is one of the problems with KS, he doesn't play to our strengths.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:28 PM
Agreed. Chubb and Hunt combined for 16. I'd like to know the last time that number was so low... barring an early blowout or injury.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:32 PM

I'm all for it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:44 PM
j/c...

Posted By: DawgPound75 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 04:46 PM
"playing a variety of fronts all designed to do different things."

This is the most frustrating thing about Woods. predictable fronts and sub par linemen.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 05:03 PM
j/c...

Dude needs to STFU and get in touch with Vers who will educate this fool.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 05:06 PM
rofl
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 05:32 PM
rofl

Spot on
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 05:38 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Knight Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/18/22 10:37 PM
Don't understand this point of view. How exactly is ownership responsable for what is happening. Are they making coaching decisions? gameplans? offensive and defensive schemes? Are they on the field making or not making plays? The only argument I could see is if they had thier hand in personel decisions but we clearly have more talent on the field than the teams we have lost to so I would love to hear this guy elaborate on his statement.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 02:27 AM
We suck...Jacoby had his worst game so far... I'm ready for Watson... defense was ok... special teams was awful except for our kicker... too many mistakes... we currently suck... not sure we win another game before Watson returns...
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

I'm all for it.

Good one, Mr. Mckay!
grin
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 01:10 PM
The Browns fortunes won't change until the Haslams
Sell the team. At least Modell had competent front office
People that knew how to build playoff rosters
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 02:39 PM
j/c:

Meh.

He said Baker was the (virtually) entire problem. Baker's gone. Now we've shifted to a new boogeyman? Very little respect or credence to Jason Lloyd. Read him for 18 months on The Athletic and for every excellent article (and there are some) he write half a dozen trash articles that either say nothing or are just bad.

Haslam might have made some bad choices - But Hue wasn't a bad HC because of Haslam. Neither was Freddie. Chud was fired because the team quit on him and as a new owner Jimmy thought he could wave a wand and everything would be good. Haslam owns the disfunction between Pettine and Farmer. 1000%. If Stefanski isn't the problem and he's a great HC - then Haslam isn't the problem. If the offense is great - but the defense is trash - that's should be owned by Stefanski.

Weak take by Jason.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 03:48 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/19/22 11:38 PM
If anyone would like to see a pretty good breakdown of last week's game using All-22, you can check it out here. I know this thread has become something else recently, but some folks might enjoy real football analysis.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/20/22 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Knight
Don't understand this point of view. How exactly is ownership responsable for what is happening. Are they making coaching decisions? gameplans? offensive and defensive schemes? Are they on the field making or not making plays? The only argument I could see is if they had thier hand in personel decisions but we clearly have more talent on the field than the teams we have lost to so I would love to hear this guy elaborate on his statement.

I agree. Ownership isn't the problem.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game Thoughts - 10/22/22 03:25 AM
Bright spots in the game- but way too few and far between for a game against Hoodie.
Those Jacoby missed reads killed us. Complete even 2 of them, the complexion of the game changes. Hoodie now has to adjust, and can't spend 60 minutes dictating the storyline.

That missed read to Schwartz was a killer. Even HE would have caught that. He would have been in the endzone while the Pats' DB's were still somewhere in Erie, PA.

banghead
© DawgTalkers.net