DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Other Games - 12/14/22 01:56 PM
Other games mean more than ours now unfortunately. I’m looking forward to the Bills/Dolphins game saturday night
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 01:48 AM

Purty
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 04:35 AM
Bosa looks better than Garrett. He will have more sacks this season than Garrett has ever had in a season. He wil probably win DPOY. He will have made the playoffs more times than Garrett. Garrett was supposed to be a transcendent player. Instead we get injuries, suspensions, covid, and car accidents.

Only in Cleveland.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 09:54 AM
SF is a really well run team … great defense, really efficient offense. I have always liked Shanahan’s offense and think it keeps teams really off balance
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
SF is a really well run team … great defense, really efficient offense. I have always liked Shanahan’s offense and think it keeps teams really off balance

I like his offense, too. I liked it when Shanny was here and was about his only defender. Most wanted him gone and sided w/the legendary Ray "Text" Farmer. Stefanski's offense is so similar to Shanny's. Both are from the Shanahan/Kubiak tree and have the same concepts, especially the ZBS and how they use building blocks [same formations] in their scheme. And it why I say folks who want Stefanski fired are out of their minds.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 04:44 PM
Having the same concepts and being able to implement those concepts on the field of play are two different things. I'm not one who has been screaming for Stefanski to be fired but trying to compare the two as HC's is ridiculous. If all one had to do was know and draw up a scheme finding good NFL HC's would be easy. As we see when comparing the results of Shanahan and Stefanski it takes a lot more than that.
Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 04:54 PM
I agree,comparing those two HC's would be the same as comparing my uncle Seamus to Michelangelo,they both got paid for painting ceilings.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 04:55 PM
rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 06:53 PM
For the record, Pit was the one who brought up comparing the two head coaches. I was clearly talking about scheme and play calling. Some folks like to put words in the mouths of others just to start or an argument. Hell, some guys might even do a search for who said what when Shanny was here. They would post the the discrepancies if they could find them and say nothing if they found out I was telling the truth yet again. That's how it works w/some of our posters.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 07:00 PM
I certainly wasn't arguing, nor did I bring any of that up myself. I don't know if you recall but I was one of the few who agreed with you that Shanahan should remain here. But as I stated, knowing and or having a great scheme doesn't mean you can get that scheme to translate on the field of play. I think that's where the disconnect comes in.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 07:07 PM
I understand that part, but I wasn't talking about that. I was just talking about scheme and play calling.

And frankly, no coach reminds me more of Shanny than Stefanski does. I think he could be an outstanding coach for a long time.

I also put a lot more importance on players than I do coaches.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Hell, some guys might even do a search for who said what when Shanny was here. They would post the the discrepancies if they could find them and say nothing if they found out I was telling the truth yet again. That's how it works w/some of our posters.

rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/16/22 08:25 PM
We both think Shanahan is a great HC. Their schemes are most certainly very similar. They're ability to implement those schemes are miles apart. And yes you can blame the players. The players certainly need to perform. But Shanahan somehow manages to keep his players focused and playing with intensity. I don't think you can say that isn't a huge part of coaching. That's just one example of just having a good scheme isn't enough to make a great NFL HC.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 12/17/22 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by BCbrownie
I agree,comparing those two HC's would be the same as comparing my uncle Seamus to Michelangelo,they both got paid for painting ceilings.

I'm not even thinking about the subject of the post- I'm just marveling at the wordsmanship.

+1, bro.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/17/22 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by BCbrownie

I'm not even thinking about the subject of the post- I'm just marveling at the wordsmanship.

+1, bro.
Lol 😂
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/17/22 02:48 PM
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 12/17/22 09:30 PM
Vikings were down 33-0 at halftime to the Colts and just tied it up at 36 with 2+ min left.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 02:17 AM
Refs just told Buffalo fans if they keep throwing snow balls it'll be a 15 yard penalty....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 02:34 AM
If i were a Miami fan there I’d be throwing snow like crazy haha
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 06:16 PM
There is something wrong with TV in Columbus Ohio

they have the hated western pensylvania team on one channel, and the hated texas blowhard team on the other channel.

It's like the NFL doesn't exist for the next 4 hours.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 07:02 PM
And this is why having the Season Ticket, while expensive, is priceless.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 08:58 PM
Trevor Lawrence fumbled at the end of a 28 yd scramble with 2 to go, in the 4th down 3 points, other than that they look unstoppable,
like a young Elway SPIT. It'd be nice if the cowboys beat them.

It'd be nice if the NFL would stop calling traps catches. It shouldn't matter if you get your hands under it, if you went to the ground it's a trap.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 09:29 PM
The Cowboy's stink because they didn't beat the jaguars.
The Browns are behind the jaguars in the tie break of record against afc teams so you'd have to root for the jaguars to lose once.
they play the Texans jets and an other afc team in the final 3 no particular order.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
And this is why having the Season Ticket, while expensive, is priceless.

You won't have it next year. Hahahahaha!

Season Ticket is HISTORY in 2023~!
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 11:32 PM
why can't the stillers just quit and go away? they just refuse to be in last place( I know we hold the tiebreaker). I feel the last game of the season will come down who will be in last place in the division
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 11:45 PM
This is an unbelieveable meltdown in Tampa Bay.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 11:47 PM
TB browning it up.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/18/22 11:49 PM
I've never seen a game like the Bengals Bucs game
Brady looked like he was in control in the 1st half
The Bengals offense couldn't gain traction
24 minutes later all Bengals starting WRs have TDs
And the lead
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 12:24 AM
End of the Brady era. Garbage time stat padding now.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 12:37 AM
We are still in the playoff hunt, thanks to dog-ass Jets and patriots both losing
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by boofers20
why can't the stillers just quit and go away? they just refuse to be in last place( I know we hold the tiebreaker). I feel the last game of the season will come down who will be in last place in the division

it's a fight for last place! Unfortunate season for both teams.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 12:53 AM
It's usually an unfortunate season for us every year. This is new to the Steelers!!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 12:56 AM
I love the way the Pats lost to the Raiders LOL!!!! I can't wait to listen to local sports radio tomorrow!!!!! Actually, the crying and whining has probably already started LOL!!!!!!!! rofl Oh and I'D like to add how Dallas lost today too LOL!!! Steven A. must be having a great time tonight. Can't wait to hear what he has to say tomorrow!!!! After our game yesterday and seeing some of the results today, it wasn't a bad sports weekend!!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 01:16 AM
Nobody on earth would want to watch the Giants and Washington no name team.
the DC team should be kicked out of the league
and
Way to go NBC, way to really book the worst matchup of the whole week.
Bigtime Thumbsdown.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 03:04 AM
Dallas collapse was crazy … as was the end of the Raider/Patriot game … just unreal
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 02:33 PM
Before I get to the Other Games, I thought I'd post this for those who did not see it. I was watching live when it went down and it was the craziest thing I've ever seen in a game. To set the stage........Belichick ran the ball instead of throwing a Hail Mary because he wanted to get the game to OT. And then this occurred.

Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 02:44 PM
I was sitting at a bar waiting on some food to take home when that went down. There was a raiders fan and patriots fan talking smack and happened to be another Browns fan there as well...it was amazing lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 02:45 PM
I didn't think there were many good matchups when looking at yesterday's schedule, but this is why the NFL rules. Some very entertaining games in addition to that crazy ending in Vegas.

--The Cowboys had a huge lead and Jax came all the way back and won a pick 6 on the final play of the game. Loved seeing it because I don't like Dallas and all the attention they get. Trevor Lawrence is improving a lot this year.

--Lions/Jets was a good game. Both teams are up-and-comers. Gutsy decision by Dan Campbell to go for it on 4th down and pull out the W. The Jets should have used their Time Outs and perhaps they could have gotten closer for the final FG attempt.

--Washington seemed to be getting the short end of the stick on calls all game long and the non-call on the PI at the end of the game was criminal.

--Houston gave KC all they wanted and more. They lost in OT when McKinnon broke a long TD run. Kinda amazing that the Texans have had the Cowboys and Chiefs on the ropes in consecutive weeks.

--You guys talked about the Cinci/TB game enough. Nothing to add.

--Eagles won ugly against the Bears despite Justin Fields herculean effort.

--On Saturday, Minni was trailing the Colts 33 to 0 at halftime and somehow managed to win in OT.

--Miami played Buffalo tough, but Josh Allen did Josh Allen things to pull out the W.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 05:38 PM
I am no Dallas fan but I was yesterday. And I know it is cockamamie crazy optimism, but I still hold out hope that we are in the hunt for a wild card in a few weeks. Therefore I root for every nfc team to beat their afc opponent. Jax has the same record as us so I was rooting for a Dallas win. Some other games fell our way like ne losing and jets losing. We need more of that.
Miami losing was good also.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/19/22 05:42 PM
Houston has played tough for a month or so. We saw it against us too
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:53 AM
Baker back to being Baker throwing 4th Quarter INT, 50% completions and numerous sacks holding onto the ball too long.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 04:05 AM
Oh no is this the same Baker that had a 80% completion vs the Texans
Last year and once DW came on board his fanclub had
The biggest meltdown over one average QB from Oklahoma
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 06:02 AM
The Detroit Lions have won six of seven and might make the playoffs. I’m glad for them, and their fans. Even if they fall short after starting 1-6 or whatever, they’ve been taking care of business. Could be the feel good story of the year
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 10:49 AM
Dan Campbell is a national treasure.

That is all.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 01:38 PM
Packers are hanging by a thread. They aren’t a good team, but something tells me they may squeak into the playoffs. Their game at Miami is the big one
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 02:14 PM
Rodgers is annoying, but the guy has fun playing the game. He cracks me up sometimes.

So much for the talk of all Baker needed was a good coach that was thrown around after his first game w/the Rams.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 02:31 PM
Rodgers is annoying, but the guy has fun playing the game. He cracks me up sometimes.

So much for the talk of all Baker needed was a good coach that was thrown around after his first game w/the Rams.
I swear Baker is under 6 ft tall. He is a body thrower
He has to put all his body weight behind the throw
To get it into tight windows.
Baker peaked in 2020 with Stefanski. Kudos for KS
For getting the most out of a very average QB.
It's funny to go back and read in the archives on the
QBs coming out his rookie year.
It was a slobberfest on here regarding the love for Baker
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

You keep saying that. Is that something you do on a daily basis??

Who was your QB in the draft? Show us all your "Josh Allen is the man!" posts from the "archives".
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

Who was your QB in the draft? Show us all your "Josh Allen is the man!" posts from the "archives".

LOL - because there are a couple of posters who always bring up a particular player and then claim others can't stop talking about him, I'm not taking the bait anymore. Just let the endless spamming by those posters in posts designed to troll and bait a reaction speak for it'self.

Regarding Josh Allen - I seem to remember 2 posters really coveted him, and only 2. He came from a small school and was inaccurate in college.
I remember Swish coveting Lamar, and I don't remember anyone else really in love with him.
Darnold might have had the most love. Rosen got a good amount of support. The guy we took was in the mix with Rosen from memory.

I bet there was a poll back in the day - maybe someone smarter than me can pull it up? I know I wanted the guy we took and clearly that was not the right choice.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

I was big on Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen was my 2nd favorite.
Was not on board with Mayfield cause he was a product
Of the NFL caliber talent around him at OU and his height
Was a red flag
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:08 PM
Ok that was actually easier than I thought.

This is early in the process - but more love for Josh than I'd remembered.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1415335/1
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 03:11 PM
Yeah, I'll leave that one alone. I try to leave the whole subject alone. Stripperdude is seemingly the last source of true entertainment with this subject, and sometimes I can't resist. Constantly slobbering (present tense) over people slobbering (past tense). It's like the fat dude wearing a speedo at the beach -- totally oblivious.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 06:44 PM

Yeah, there was so much of such talk.

rofl
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 08:41 PM
The NFL needs to stop scheduling night games in Green Bay in December and January. That is just insane.
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 12/20/22 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
The Detroit Lions have won six of seven and might make the playoffs. I’m glad for them, and their fans. Even if they fall short after starting 1-6 or whatever, they’ve been taking care of business. Could be the feel good story of the year

Originally Posted by Rishuz
Dan Campbell is a national treasure.

That is all.

It can't be...DAN CAMPBELL AND THE LIONS with a chance to make the playoffs..?

Wish it was the Browns with a good chance of making the playoffs...but I have to give a thumbs up to the Lions...wonder what their secret is..?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/21/22 12:11 AM
Good for the Lions. They're the Browns of the NFC, at least until now!!
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Other Games - 12/21/22 12:35 AM
I remember Fontes on the sidelines. Lots of yelling and sweating. He probably deserved more than he ended up with. Sanders as well. That's the way it goes I guess.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/21/22 12:47 AM
I always said I'd like to see a Browns Lions Super Bowl. People don't realize how good both these teams were in the 50's and how they played each other in 4 championship games. All the old stories and players would be talked about. Very good players who many fans don't know about that helped make the NFL what it is today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/24/22 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
The NFL needs to stop scheduling night games in Green Bay in December and January. That is just insane.
I think the NFL needs to adopt a fully flexible schedule … let them announce dates when teams play each other in May, but then let the times be sorted out as the season unfolds. You can avoid so many issues doing so (including having the best matchups in primetime)
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/24/22 02:36 PM
That would cause too many issues with fans and people traveling.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/25/22 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
That would cause too many issues with fans and people traveling.
Even if the days are announced just not the times? I did read that they’ve increased the flex games for 2023, but obviously not the whole schedule
© DawgTalkers.net